PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Hitmen Game #8

patsdude114
10-12-2011, 10:27 AM
The Pats take there 5-2 record back to Alberta for a 3 game trip starting tonite in Calgary who are 1-3. After a little home stint for 2 games & getting alot of praise from the media in the paper i think the Pats thought the last 2 games would be a walk in the park & forgot that they have to work each & every shift as we r not the most skilled team out there by any means.

Weal on Friday nite put himself in a tie for 10th all time on the Pats assists leaders with 185 tieing him with Josh Holden.

Ill definately be listening tonight when the Pats battle the Hitmen, I would really like to see the Pats change up the lines abit & finally put Scheidl with Weal. Also get Weal off the damn point on the PP his biggest strength is down low using his speed & agility along with vision to create plays, he isnt a playmaker when he is standing still at the blueline.

Bepoleon
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I hope they have a strong showing.

Marantz should be in the line up. Maybe he's Weals new Right winger??

patsdude114
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
I hope they have a strong showing.

Marantz should be in the line up. Maybe he's Weals new Right winger??

He better be cuz as of righ tnow Weal sure doesnt have much top end skill to play with.

So far the Hitmen have had 7 straight PPs in the 2nd period alone, im not sure how that really works out but ok, i know cant go by what Plaster says as he is just as big of homer as Perderson was but im sure 7 straight PPs in 1 period is abit over kill. Anyways 1 more period to go hopefully the Pats can dig deep & tie this up early in the 3rd on the PP

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-12-2011, 09:21 PM
dog show games like that are why I dont have season tickets this year.

patsdude114
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
crap i ended up turning off the game with 5mins left as i got a phone call i had to take & then just assumed the game was over & took a shower come on here & see the Pats win in a shootout... damn it i cant believe i missed it.

Pats dug deep to pull this 1 out showing great character to tie it up when it was 3-1 CGY with 4 mins left in the game. Also what a surprise the Hitmen were awarded a PP in OT as well, PP 8 to 4 with 7 straight PP in the 2nd period. It always seems like games go like this when u face the team that has the league office in the city. I would love to see replys of all the penalties tonite to see which were no question calls & what were borderline.

I know in every game i have seen this year live (including preseason) about 80% of all penalties both ways have been phantom calls.

Nice to see Klimchuk getting 2nd star for his 1g1a effort, looks like Hewitt could of been given a star as well instead of 2 from the losing team... Hewittadds to his great SV% by facing 36 shots tonite & turning aside 33.

The Pats now face EDM on friday & they r coming off a big 6-1 win against KOO, the Pats have got to beat EDM or RD to show that they are for real. Right now the only good team we have beat is MH the rest are all teams lower then them in the standings. The Pats struggled against EDM badly last year i dont even want to look up the past scores but i know we took 3 major beatings from EDM last season, that has to be in the back of the returning players minds & im sure they would love to get abit of revenge this year.

Brandon
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
He better be cuz as of righ tnow Weal sure doesnt have much top end skill to play with.

So far the Hitmen have had 7 straight PPs in the 2nd period alone, im not sure how that really works out but ok, i know cant go by what Plaster says as he is just as big of homer as Perderson was but im sure 7 straight PPs in 1 period is abit over kill. Anyways 1 more period to go hopefully the Pats can dig deep & tie this up early in the 3rd on the PP

Actually they kind of deserved the 7 straight. They weren't skating very hard and took a lot of lazy penalties. I was really unimpressed with what I saw from a nationally ranked top 10 team last night. Goaltending in Hewitt seems pretty good but he was over aggressive all night. Something Macek keyed in on and almost beat him on a nice wide move in the game and then used his aggressiveness to score on him in the shootout. Klimchuk had a pretty good game back in front of friends and family. Davison was a treat on the point. Late in the game with the goalie out, Brassart did a great job of taking away passing and shooting lanes on Davison. The first time Davison sauced it right over Brassarts attempted block to a guy at the dot and the second he read Brassarts attempted block, stepped around and got the puck to the net. You could just feel it coming with his poise back there.

Tough to watch the Hitmen choke that one up, but a few real standouts with the Pats. They got some help going to the shootout. Driedger was pretty good most of the game despite not playing for a couple of months but he was terrible in the shootout. Both Weal and Klimchuk made him look like really bad with slow moves and easy five hole shots.

All in all an ok game to watch, if a little on the slow side. Pats were pretty good but I was more impressed with Red Deers game and wonder if the Pats had an off night or maybe aren't quite at the level of their CHL ranking yet. Should finally be an ok year for Pats fans though, you guys suffered through some serious bad ones with Parker debacles and it would be nice to see a bit of a turn around for the loyal fans.

Bepoleon
10-13-2011, 09:20 AM
I caught the last 6 minutes of the game on the radio. Sounded like the Pats were going to be done for 3-1. Hitmen get a questionable penalty (according to Plaster) and the Pats score on the powerplay 3-2. The Hitmen bench were up in arms because apparently they had a injured player on the ice when the Pats scored. Then the Pats tie it up shortly after 3-3 and win it in the shoot-out.

I couldn't tell you how the Pats played all game, they took 6 penalties and outshot 20-1 in the second period. It was nice for the Pats crawl back and eventually win the game. It seems that we've always been the team that gets the bad breaks, its a nice to have the shoe on the other foot.

A win is a win is a win.

Bepoleon
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
All in all an ok game to watch, if a little on the slow side. Pats were pretty good but I was more impressed with Red Deers game and wonder if the Pats had an off night or maybe aren't quite at the level of their CHL ranking yet. Should finally be an ok year for Pats fans though, you guys suffered through some serious bad ones with Parker debacles and it would be nice to see a bit of a turn around for the loyal fans.

Thanks for your input on the game. I believe the Pats ranking is premature, they've played teams that are below sub par except Medicine hat (Pats win) and Kootenay (Pats loss) and they lost to a short handed Prince George team. This weekend against Edmonton and Reddeer is the biggest test and weekend for Pats so far. After, this weekend we should get a good reading on what kind of team we have this year.

Top ten? No. Competitive team thats hard to play against every game? Only time will tell.

Brandon
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I caught the last 6 minutes of the game on the radio. Sounded like the Pats were going to be done for 3-1. Hitmen get a questionable penalty (according to Plaster) and the Pats score on the powerplay 3-2. The Hitmen bench were up in arms because apparently they had a injured player on the ice when the Pats scored. Then the Pats tie it up shortly after 3-3 and win it in the shoot-out.

I couldn't tell you how the Pats played all game, they took 6 penalties and outshot 20-1 in the second period. It was nice for the Pats crawl back and eventually win the game. It seems that we've always been the team that gets the bad breaks, its a nice to have the shoe on the other foot.

A win is a win is a win.

Lol the penalty wasn't questionable, in fact the Pats got a penalty for the exact same play in the second period. So the Hitmen were killing a legit penalty. The bench was made at the goal for two things.
1) A high stick to Rissling left uncalled. - Problem with that complaint is Rissling ran into the stick of his teammate and then acted like he was shot. The Pats had the puck the whole time so there shouldn't have been a whistle. Then Rissling got back up and tried to play D at the net. Which lead to
2) The Hitmen felt a goalie interference call should have been made on the player (Stevenson I think) at the crease. Problem with that complaint was Rissling pushed the player onto Driedger allowing for the goal.

So at the end of the day the Hitmen should have been complaining about the fact Willy put Rissling on the PK because the kid was having a very very bad night.

PPatsFFan
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow. Listened to the whole game on the way home from work last night. I was angry with about 5 minutes left. Cant believe we won. This team is clearly not a top ten CHL team. Just hope we can be competitive and challenge for a playoff spot. Going to the game in Edmonton friday and looking forward to it.

patsdude114
10-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Wow. Listened to the whole game on the way home from work last night. I was angry with about 5 minutes left. Cant believe we won. This team is clearly not a top ten CHL team. Just hope we can be competitive and challenge for a playoff spot. Going to the game in Edmonton friday and looking forward to it.

& if u thought this team was a top 10 CHL team u really need to walk up to brick wall & bang ur head against it a few good times lol

we got off to a quick start against some much weaker teams then us, do i think we r a good team... yes i do... do i think we r a great team.... not a chance we r far off from that still, could it still happen... yes it could but will take alot of work from the coaches along the way. Any team can be a great team if coached well enough & getting the players to buy into what the coaches are wanting to do.