PDA

View Full Version : Pats acquire Marantz

Bepoleon
10-12-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.whl.ca/article/pats-acquire-marantz-from-the-canes

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
guess this means we send Hunt down...or cut another bottom six '92?

Bepoleon
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
IMO, I think the Pats wanna stick with this kid Hunt. They re-assigned Jung over him. This team has too many 92's but on the depth chart, I think Ouelette (a 93) is on the bottom.

RWAH
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm hoping its a 92. With this trade we have 12 - 92/91 or 12 - 19 and 20 year olds. Maybe Chad L is loading up for the trade deadline. I just think we are getting a lot of 19 and 20 year olds and it could bite us next year. There is time to change the age ratios before or at the trade deadline.

patsdude114
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I really like this deal wish the Pats would of traded for him before the Canes had got him but whatever we got him now. We needed someone to play with Weal Marantz has size speed & skill scored 20 goals last year on a very solid Chiefs team.

witness
10-13-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree that Marantz was a good pick up for the Pats. Weal needs to play with some talent.

Playing his first game and Marantz is wearing an 'A'. Does the coaching staff think that much of Marantz? Or that little of Weal?

For a club that is rebuilding, you have to keep the 16 year old. I think that the coaching staff has done a great job with Hunt. Playing him at least once a week and when he dresses he plays some valuable minutes. He played in the overtime session against Leth with Weal. And in my opinion, he hasn't been a liability.

My bottom 3 are: Olstad, Ouellette and Martell

Olstad is 19 and Ouellette is 18. The Pats are a little short up the middle, but I think that as the season moves on Klimchuk can move to that center position (which is his natural position). Both Ouellette and Olstad are a little small to play center, but Olstad seems to be the better of the 2.

Martell is an 18 year old. We all agree that he has some really great hands and can score goals. But, to me, his skating is an issue. I would still keep him on this squad.