PDA

View Full Version : Game #9 Pats in EDM

patsdude114
10-14-2011, 01:56 PM
This is by far the biggest test the Pats have faced in this young season, & im sure there is a huge mental block in the back of the players minds from last season. Not 1 game between the Pats & Oil Kings last year was close EDM skated away with very convincing wins in each of the 4 games. The Pats were outscored last season 27-8 (that hurt to look up)

If the Oil Kings are anything like they were last year they will be a very quick, highly aggressive team who works there tails off each & every shift. The Pats will have to match the work ethic if we stand any chance in this game tonite. The Oil Kings are coming off a 6-1 win over the Ice & the Pats coming off a come from behind win over the Hitmen in a SO 4-3.

Im hoping for tonite that Marantz will have a bigger impact on the Pats team as he was thrown into the fire on Wednesday after the Pats acquired him from LETH earlier that day. Im hoping as well im sure the coaches are hoping that Marantz will fit in nicely with Weal & give him a scorer who has to be watched as well. At times its just too easy for the defending team to defend Weal as he hasnt been playing with anyone else who is lethal on the ice. No offence to Rieder or Martell but they just dont have the high end skill level to play 1st line minutes.

Im hope for the best tonite a Pats win will show that just maybe the Pats are for real, but if the Oil Kings blow us out like they did all of last season we will be easily classified as just a decent team not a good team. Im still very hopeful the Pats will finish 2-1 on this road trip.

patsdude114
10-14-2011, 08:12 PM
So far so good for the Pats tied 1-1 after the 1st period, Klimchuk pots his 4th goal of the year on the PP then about 3mins after the Oil Kings tied it up even strength.

Hope for another strong period for the boys in blue & white

patsdude114
10-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Pats have taken the lead twice in this game now Martell put the Pats up 2-1 with his 1st of the season, then with about 2mins left in the 2nd Wilson tied it up.

Not much defense happening in this game with the Oil Kings outshooting the Pats 29-26 sounds like a very entertaining game to be at though i love watching up & down pond style of hockey.

patsdude114
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Chalk up another Pats win, this 1 is a big win for the Pats that maybe this team can be talked in the same sentence as the other top teams in the Eastern Conference.

Beating the Oil Kings who are a heavy favorite this season in the Eastern Conference, can maybe put to rest the early talk of the Pats not beating anyone who is good, that we were only beating teams lower then us.

The season is still very young but games this early are just as important as games in Feb or March

RWAH
10-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Your right up and down hockey. 73 shots in total an entertaining game even on the radio with Dan Plaster doing the play by play. I noticed on the score sheet Nils Moser at minus 2 for the night. Can he still be working on getting his legs or is he just not getting back soon enough. I suspect the former as I don't think Coach Pat would put up with the latter.
I'm looking forward to Thursday and their return to the Brant Centre

RWAH
10-14-2011, 10:25 PM
To answer my own question it could be he is behind on the systems and positioning as he missed training camp.

JMoney1988
10-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I would just like to say, I so glad to see you guys at the top of the standings, we have a different team neck and neck to start the season can't wait for Wed Oct 26, when we play you guys, usually it would be a walk in the park for us at home, but this year is different. See you guys then.......

sbtatter
10-15-2011, 10:38 AM
East division rocks this year!

lordstanley
10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
East division rocks this year!

Yeppers it's like the mid 90's again

PPatsFFan
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Went to the game in Edmonton Friday. What an entertaining game! Pats looked great. Bidlevski really struggled but Davidson, Jobke, Blidstrand looked real strong in the back.

Hewitt won us the game single handedly. The guy is real good. Edmonton had two really flukey goals on him. He will give us a chance to win games all year.

nivek_wahs
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Went to the game in Edmonton Friday. What an entertaining game! Pats looked great. Bidlevski really struggled but Davidson, Jobke, Blidstrand looked real strong in the back.

Hewitt won us the game single handedly. The guy is real good. Edmonton had two really flukey goals on him. He will give us a chance to win games all year.Not to be dumb or anything but Blidstrand didn't play on Friday. You probably meant Underwood.