PDA

View Full Version : Rebels vs Pats

HockeyFan94
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
I missed the game last night and was hoping someone could give me a quick report on the game. Also, I heard Hak played...how was he??? And Doetzel??

SectionNDeserter
10-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Pretty solid effort throughout. They took their foot off the gas a little in the 2nd, but Bartosak held them in it. Very physical game from the Rebels in the 1st period. I can't remember Weller ever having a better game than the one he last night. Strong on the puck, and he was just manhandling everyone that got in his way.

Red Celtic commented last night that he thought that missing all those games last season really hurt Doetzel coming into camp, and that he is getting enough ice time under his belt now that he is starting to look like the defenseman the Rebels drafted in the 1st round, I have to agree. He reminds me of Weller at 17, but better on the boards and moving the puck up the ice.

Hak continues to look like a guy that might evolve into a good PP quarterback. He snuck in from the point a few times, and the pass didn't quite get to him. I haven't seen enough of him to know if that is his game or not, or if he was just trying to make the most of his ice time, but he could be a guy that puts up some points from the backend.