PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2005 EA PC game help

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I have NHL 2005 for my PC(windows XP) and it is a good game but I also have a PS2 and the Wayne Gretzky NHL 2005 which is a good game but you can not trade your draft picks of draft new players? :confused: anyways back to the real problem, the only problem is when I try and intall it everything goes smoothly until 92% of the installation is complete, then it tells me that a problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'fe/bgapt.viv' from the media and when I try to recopy the file it does not work :burningma :burningma :mad: I do not know what to do? I want to avoid taking my computer to the shop(because then I will be without a computer and it will cost money but if there is no other way to fix this problem then I guess that is the only option, maybe this is a problem that can be fixed with an easier method. Any help or suggestions on what to do to try and fix the problem would be appriecatied. Thanks

HAF
06-14-2005, 06:49 AM
just get eastside hockey it is the most unbeleivable game ever even all the players just eligible to play junior hockey are in it. you can g,m any team in junior hockey even the s.j.h.l right up to the pros , its the most addicting game ive ever seen

Where can I buy it??? How much??? Sounds like a blast!

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I am guessing that the game is for PS2 because that is the only video game console I have besides my PC. I will look into the game b/c I am wanting to get a 2006 hockey game when they are out. Which ones should I look at?

ihlemic10
06-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I have NHL 2005 for my PC(windows XP) and it is a good game but I also have a PS2 and the Wayne Gretzky NHL 2005 which is a good game but you can not trade your draft picks of draft new players? :confused: anyways back to the real problem, the only problem is when I try and intall it everything goes smoothly until 92% of the installation is complete, then it tells me that a problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'fe/bgapt.viv' from the media and when I try to recopy the file it does not work :burningma :burningma :mad: I do not know what to do? I want to avoid taking my computer to the shop(because then I will be without a computer and it will cost money but if there is no other way to fix this problem then I guess that is the only option, maybe this is a problem that can be fixed with an easier method. Any help or suggestions on what to do to try and fix the problem would be appriecatied. Thanks

Try cleaning the CD that the game is on. Just use a tissue. If there are scratches and its under warrenty(sp) you can send it back for a replacement. If that does not work, contact EA tech support and they should be able to help you with diagnosing what it is on your computer. Usually in this situation the CD is at fault and they send you a replacement free of charge. Just be sure to have your recipt handy, they like to use it to confirm that you purchased the game.

Tiger Trauma
06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
thats game sounds sweet...I know if heard of something like that but i wasn't sure if they sold it....Next time im there i'll look

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Try cleaning the CD that the game is on. Just use a tissue. If there are scratches and its under warrenty(sp) you can send it back for a replacement. If that does not work, contact EA tech support and they should be able to help you with diagnosing what it is on your computer. Usually in this situation the CD is at fault and they send you a replacement free of charge. Just be sure to have your recipt handy, they like to use it to confirm that you purchased the game.

I tried cleaning the CD's and then trying to install the game but no luck, I talked to the guy @ EB games and he said that it is not the CD that is causing the problem and so therefore the disk drives would be the problem and so I guess I will have to keep myself busy in the meantime by going out and buying Eastside Hockey or another NHL 2006 game for my PS2. I know that I will probably have to wait for the 2006 hockey games to be released. Is Eastside hockey only for PC I hope so b/c then that would make my descision much easier on which NHL game to buy for my PC. Since I can not install my NHL game on my PC, I will have to go and buy a 2006 NHL game for my PS2.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-18-2005, 10:09 PM
All I did was go into my old disk structure and find the missing file, then I put it in it's place and reinstalled the game. Now the game works, I am so glad that I do not have to take my computer in to the shop :) One minor problem still, When I am playing the game, In the 3rd period the game shuts down(simmilar to a blackout) and the computer restarts by itself. I wish I knew how to stop this from happening. :burningma

ihlemic10
06-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Try running Windows update and the games updater to fix that issue. Thats what I would do.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Now the game works,
The game is installed and when I try to start up the game, it gets as far as the main loading screen and then it tells me to run the game from the CD-ROM(disk 2) and this is what I did I am starting to get frustraited again :mad: I could try and take the game back to EB games but I do not have the receipt and I bought the game near the end of December or November 2004 and the game itself has a 90 day warrenty(the store warrenty has a 6 month warrenty or so) I do not think the problem has anything to do with the DVD/CD-ROM disk drives because the first problem said that a file from the game was missing and the second minior problem was that the game had to be run from the CD-ROM like i said before(could that have something to do with the disks itself or the CD-ROM disk drives?)

Ihelmic 10 I tried to install the windows updates and they all failled I already have a sevice pack 2 installed( it installs the updates automatically so I do not have to do it.

ihlemic10
06-19-2005, 08:00 PM
This is where you may need to take it in. Or you could be just cursed, I know a few people that are.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-20-2005, 07:55 AM
The game plays fine except for that one problem so I will just continue to play NHL 2005 until the 2006 hockey games are released and I do not think I will be buying EA NHL 2006. It is so wierd every other game on my computer works and my NHL 2005 works kind of , sort of ,not really :confused: :burningma :(

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-20-2005, 04:52 PM
I thought that I would install my NHL 2004 on my computer and it works just fine. I wonder why my NHL 2004 works and my NHL 2005 does not. They are both EA games and If one works the other should work also. I am going to go to EB gaes and tell them that I bought both NHL 2004 & 2005 at that store and ask why only NHL 2004 works and Not NHL 205. I am determined to get to the bottom of this situatuion even If I can not exchange or get a new game(I do not think that will happen, The warrenty has expired and I have had the game for over 1 year) Maybe EA sports can help me out and they too probably want a receipt and I do not have it anymore and then again I have had it for over 1 year they will probably use that against me, if nothing is done to make the game work or replace the game. I do not think the problem is the computer or the disk drives b/c NHL 2004 works. So it has to be the NHL 2005 disk and game itself. If I do not get a resolution to to my problem. then I will say goodbye to EA Sports hockey games and I will invest my money in a new and hopefully more reliable game with a extended warrenty.

Wildeyes
06-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I think maybe EA sports should come up with a CHL game with all the leagues

like they did in the NHL games instead of the Euro leagues i would buy that in a heart beat

Just a thaught tho!

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-23-2005, 04:54 PM
I think maybe EA sports should come up with a CHL game with all the leagues

like they did in the NHL games instead of the Euro leagues i would buy that in a heart beat

Just a thaught tho!

I agree, that would be awesome but doesn't NHL EHM 2005 already have the CHL on the game? It's too bad that the game does not get realeased until the fall of 2005

Wildeyes
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
what is NHL EHM 2005 ?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-23-2005, 10:10 PM
what is NHL EHM 2005 ?

It is a hockey game for the PC and you can manage your own team whether it be in the NHL,CHL or other hockey Leagues(SJHL,ECHL,even AHL and euro Leagues you can choose, plus many new features. This link has more info about the game: www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php/game=nhlmanager=2005

Wildeyes
06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
but i want an actual game to play not simulate like NHL 2005 take out the Euro teams and put the CHL in there so i can start beating up on those blades and wheaties

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-27-2005, 07:42 PM
but i want an actual game to play not simulate like NHL 2005 take out the Euro teams and put the CHL in there so i can start beating up on those blades and wheaties

I do not think that there is a CHL game on the market,I do not know if there is ever going to be a CHL hockey game. I would hope that one like it would be on the market soon, So NHL EHM 2005 is your closest game to CHL hockey in a video game,I have been wanting to buy it for some time now, but the only problem is that all of the EB games stores in Saskatoon are all out of stock of NHL EHM and even all of the other Electronics stores in Saskatoon.

i got my east side hockey @ e b games , for $ 30
Do me a favor and tell the guys at EB games in PA to send a copy of NHL EHM to to EB games in Saskatoon. I really want to have this game, Even if it is just a simulation game at least it has the CHL in it and that is very very cool. Now all they have to do like Wildeyes said is take an NHL game and instead of the European Leagues have the CHL take it's place, that would be an awesome game. :groovy: :thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-27-2005, 08:08 PM
well at least when I went to the EB games in the centre and 8th mall they said they were sold out(because this game is such a hot commodity) but they said they will be getting more, and at the EB games store in Midtown Mall said that they will not be getting any more because the guy told me that it was a limited release or something along those lines. So I guess i will have wait until they get more in stock or release the the Next version of the game in the fall? :confused: