PDA

View Full Version : Pats trade Elynuk to the Cougars

lordstanley
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
For a 6th round pick in 2012

SectionNDeserter
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Him and Underwood had noticeably poor games when they were in Red Deer on Saturday. Things are looking up in Regina when they can finally afford to replace their depth players with younger guys.

witness
10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
This Pats squad actually scratchs 3 19 year olds to get the younger guys playing time.

Elynuk's lack of discipline was wearing thin real fast on the coaching staff.

The development of Klimchuk, Volek, and Hunt made this move possible

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
little sad we traded our goon so fast...not that he really played too goony out there.

Still think size and grit are a bit of a problem up front...

witness
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
You can only provide so much grit from section 226

SectionNDeserter
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Elynuk's lack of discipline was wearing thin real fast on the coaching staff. I'll say, he was only there for 8 games!

The development of Klimchuk, Volek, and Hunt made this move possibleBest rookie on the ice that night by far was Jack Rodewald, I like that kid's game. I also saw something in that game that I haven't seen in about 5 years, Regina fans that made the trip to Red Deer!

RWAH
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
undisiplined. Sat out a game for a slash in Medicine Hat. That penalty gave them their first goal in that game and shifted the momentum. A conditional 6th round. Is that like a bag of practise pucks? Not much for a 19 yr. old with two years in the league but I am sure Coach Pat was not going to play him.
Agree the developement of the younger players made this trade possible.

Joe Hallenback
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Brandon is going to have its way with you guys now :p

Bepoleon
10-18-2011, 05:33 AM
undisiplined. Sat out a game for a slash in Medicine Hat. That penalty gave them their first goal in that game and shifted the momentum. A conditional 6th round. Is that like a bag of practise pucks? Not much for a 19 yr. old with two years in the league but I am sure Coach Pat was not going to play him.
Agree the developement of the younger players made this trade possible.

I was so stoked when we got him from Everett, we needed his size and toughness upfront, but i believe his undisciplined penalties were his downfall. Almost everygame he played, he took an undisciplined retalitory penalty of some sort and it costed the Pats a goal a couple times. Also, when he did fight this year, he seemed to be disinterested. I don't know if he's just trying to be conscience his injury from last year or not but thats what it seems.

We got him from Everett for a 6th rounder. No harm, no fowl.

patsdude114
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I think he only dropped the mits once as a member of the Pats, tough guy?? really, a tough guy will fight more then once in 8 games.

This trade doesnt surprise me much at all but there is a need for some toughness upfront, we got toughness on the back end with Bidlevskii & Underwood but need something upfront i think, but someone who can play abit too like a Mitchell type player.

witness
10-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Like a Dyson Stevenson type player?

blueline
10-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I think he only dropped the mits once as a member of the Pats, tough guy?? really, a tough guy will fight more then once in 8 games.

This trade doesnt surprise me much at all but there is a need for some toughness upfront, we got toughness on the back end with Bidlevskii & Underwood but need something upfront i think, but someone who can play abit too like a Mitchell type player.

Like a Mitchell type player? Nils Moser

Bepoleon
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Like a Mitchell type player? Nils Moser

Possibly. At this point in time, Moser is unproven.

If were looking for a Mitchell type player... Klarc Wilson comes to mind and he's in the 93 age group. I just not sure what kind of attitude he has.

If were looking for an enforcer, Seattle's Elliot or Doty would suite the role. Both in the 93 age group.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I like the scrappy wingers we have, but to be successful we need some big scary players. Not just toughness, but guys who intimidate.

If we can find a guy that played like Myles Stoesz, that would be perfect. Hits hard, fights well and antagonizes without coming off as a weenie.