PDA

View Full Version : Raiders/Giants Trade

chalk_one_up
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Raiders trade Austin Conner and Arvin Atwal to Vancouver for Teal Burns and Tyler Hart.

The team also releases Kristaps Bazevics and adds Michal Hlinka back onto the roster.

http://www.raiderhockey.com/article/raiders-trade-for-hart-and-burns

Dwight Schrute
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
why ? especially a promising 16 year old dman ? we now have 1-20 and 4 19s on our blueline,

chalk_one_up
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Once again, Bruno picks up someone else's scraps. I really didn't think Connor belonged in this league to begin with (reminded me of Ashton Hewson - big, but doesn't utilize it enough and isn't skilled enough to do anything else) and Atwal probably didn't want to play here, which is why he was sent closer to home.

Burns is another Wells-type and is good for maybe 20 points and Hart, I don't know much about him, other than he's big and is more of a defensive-type. I don't think Bazevics got a fair shake. It takes until Christmas to really see what a Euro can do. If Lange isn't going to be utilized at all, might as well send him back to the Mintos where he can play and be effective.

lordstanley
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't like it that much for the Raider Teal Burns hasn't scored in over 37 games and Kyle Hart i was told is slow as butter

chalk_one_up
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't like it that much for the Raider Teal Burns hasn't scored in over 37 games and Kyle Hart i was told is slow as butter

Your source should know it's Tyler Hart, not Kyle.

lordstanley
10-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Your source should know it's Tyler Hart, not Kyle.

Sorry my source was out for dinner my bad

Joe Hallenback
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow Bazevics was getting pumped in preseason pretty good and he release him?

AAAScout
10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
this is a crazy deal, it makes no sense, the raiders get older, but no better and release a 94 euro dman, trade for a 92 dman a 92 center and bring back the euro we didn't want back as we had him last year???

where is the rebuild ever going to happen if we keep picking up second rate 19 year old players for prospects?

play some of the younger guys and let them develop and bring in the prospects rather than trading them for stiffs!!

puckdad
10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Maybe there's a few more 19-year-old defensemen named Tyler in the league we can trade for. It must make sense to someone on the Raiders to have a whole blue line of Tylers. Then the coaches only have to say "Tyler, get out there", or "Tyler, switch with Tyler", or "Tyler, get ready. Go for Tyler." Makes as much sense as this trade.

Green team
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I agree, before last year, most teams intimidated the hell out of us, and a big part of that just got traded. With Connor injured after the Seattle win, I didn't see anyone else on the raiders stepping up to the plate, Maybe this Hart will add some physical play in our end of the rink.

Lucic
10-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Maybe this Hart will add some physical play in our end of the rink.

Good luck with that. If he brought more of that to the table he still would've been with Vancouver.

Actually Hart asked for a trade so maybe not. Either way he has decent size and was supposed to be gritty and physical but he rarely was. He missed a lot of time as well with injuries. He does have a heavy shot from the point though.

lordstanley
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Austin Connor just retired from Hockey instead of reporting to the Vancouver Giants looks like you guys won that deal now

Wildeyes
10-19-2011, 05:23 PM
where did you read that? That is interesting and surprising

lordstanley
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Saw it on Alan Caldwells blog smallatlarge Austin Connor already had a serious injury and just decided to not report to Vancouver and retired so with all that the Radiers gave the Giants a 4th round pick cause they have no Connor

AAAScout
10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Saw it on Alan Caldwells blog smallatlarge Austin Connor already had a serious injury and just decided to not report to Vancouver and retired so with all that the Radiers gave the Giants a 4th round pick cause they have no Connor

The Raiders lost that trade, they gave up a 16 yr old prospect who I think can actually play at the WHL level(raiders list doesn't have many of them on it) and a 4th round pick, for 2 guys that were going to be dropped by Vancouver. Go read Don Hays remarks in regards to these two players. "we are a better team by deleting those 2 players from our lineup" that doesn't sound like the Raiders won the trade to me.

Dwight Schrute
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
so teal burns left the team now ? according to face off on the radio ?

lordstanley
10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
so teal burns left the team now ? according to face off on the radio ?

Hmm weird he seem'd like his head was into Saturdays game i wonder whats up I'm sure he wasn't in your guy's plans for next season anyways and this will give younger guys a shot like Knowler who looked good on Saturday night

Sttop
10-31-2011, 07:06 PM
More importantly we could get Mahura or Santucci called up !

AAAScout
10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
let Burns go, he was a wasted player anyways, 40 some games with no goals? call up Mahura and lets start developing the lange knowler and mahura for the "future" so we have something to build on rather than a bunch of 19 year old second rate stiffs every year!!

Sttop
10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
we should get that 4th round pick back !

Dwight Schrute
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
we should get that 4th round pick back !

i would much rather we got atwal back

lordstanley
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
i would much rather we got atwal back

Looks like TJ Constant got re-asigned too