PDA

View Full Version : Game #11 Pats vs Hitmen

patsdude114
10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Well Thirsty Thrusday is here as well is Bret "the hitman" Hart oh ya & those Calgary Hitmen as well, wow almost feels like the Pats are an after thought with everything going on tonite at the Brandt Center.

The Pats had a successful road trip last week thru alberta going 2-1 & had a legit chance at going 3-0 the only set back was a 4-1 loss (2 empty net goals) in RD, the chances were there to tie just the post got in the way twice.
The Pats are still in the CHL Top 10 at #7 this week these next 3 games (in 4 nights) will be the determining factor if the Pats sit in the Top 10 next week or not.

Very excited to see the Pats return home, 10 games into the year & the Pats have only played 3 home games (I have only seen 2 damn weddings) really want to see this Rask kid play who is on the Hitmen have heard good things about him so far.

Go Pats! On my way to the Brandt Center now

patsdude114
10-21-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't know about others but I know for myself & a few season ticket holders I talk too last nite before the game even started people said it felt werid being at the Brandt Center for a Thursday nite game. We sure haven't played much in the last 5 yrs on a thrusday at home.

The players forgot to show up as well & once they did it was too late. Spotting any team in this league a 3-0 lead after the 1st is tough to come back on.

After the 1st period the Pats out worked the Hitmen just couldn't solve their goalie. Hit 2 or was it 3 posts, had a goal waved off (that honestly I don't think ever went in anyways) everything just seemed out of sync most of the nite.

I know we are not a top 10 CHL team it was nice to see them in that list so early on in the year but this past weeks rankings will be the last time we see our Pats in it for the year. I like our team just we r not a legit top team let's face the truth.

I thought Volek had a great game last nite on that late PP he did everything to get the puck to Klimchuk on the side of the net only to see him fan on the shot for a tap in goal, it happens. I really wish they would put some talent with Weal, or just trade him already.

RWAH
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I agree you can not spot a team 3 goals. Was that not showing up or was it the 2010/11 team seeping back in. Would like to have been in the room between periods, I'm sure the coachs were not impressed. I know it is hard to play from behind but is Weal getting to much ice time he looked tired. Last home game he took 2 nedless slashing penalties. Very out of character for him.
Lets take 2 off of P A and we will be 4 and 2 over the last 6 and end the week end at 9 and 4 and should stay in the CHL's top ten.

blueline
10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I understand it will be a learning curve but the power play is pretty lame. Why is Weal on the point and not buzzing the net??
Glad to see all the young guys doing well but also a learning curve for some of them? Way to much Ice time for some and others no shifts in the third??
Time to bring along guys like Chandler! Just don't get it why experienced energy guys like Olstadt get benched over some of the young guys??

lordstanley
10-21-2011, 05:48 PM
What do you guys think Weal's chances are at coming back next season ? if good i would sure like him on a Blades Memorial cup team now i'm sure the Blades would have to pay a arm and a leg alla Brayden Schenn what do you guys think ?

patsdude114
10-21-2011, 07:17 PM
well he is signed already & we all know what that usually means, but also with that said LA is very deep in young talent so really anything could happen.

Id love to see Weal on the Blades next season with a chance to play in the Memorial Cup, since he hasnt had much luck at winning anything (even a playoff round) with the Pats.

I personally feel Weal is being used all wrong on the Pats team this year, so stupid to have him playing the point on the PP & it burnt us last nite for a SH goal cuz of Weal on the point. We have a guy like Davidson who has amazing patience with the puck & has a knack for getting pucks through but yet we have him on the 2nd PP unit.... god even Hunt wasnt that stupid.

I also feel that Schiedl & Klimchuk are the only wingers who can keep up with Weal & neither of them are put out there with him. Klimchuk isnt ready for 1st line minutes at this point in the season but there is no reason why Schiedl shoudnt be with Weal, i mean hell the guy had a 6point game last year with Weal & played very well with Weal from feburary til the end of the year. I thought forsure our 1st line would of been Weal/Schiedl/Mitchell (if he had came back) but someone can fill in on that top line maybe a guy like Moser who can bring some grit to the line & who has skill as well.

I also thought that Volek would of been used on the wing but that was when i thought he was a natural winger not center so that can throw a kink into things.

For me out TOP PP UNIT should be this......
C- Weal
LW- Marantz
RW- Volek
D- Jobke
D- Davidson

2nd UNIT
C- Stephenson
LW- Stevenson/Schiedl
RW- Klimchuk
D- Underwood
D- Blidstrand

guys like Martell/Rodewall/Moser should be filtered into the PP depending who is having a strong nite. I really hate 4 forwards on the PP all the time.

lordstanley
10-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Excellent post Weal is a hot item if guaranteed he comes back via agents and team ? if so you guys can really shore up for a number of years to come and kick that eberle deal chance to the curb

blueline
10-21-2011, 11:02 PM
well he is signed already & we all know what that usually means, but also with that said LA is very deep in young talent so really anything could happen.

Id love to see Weal on the Blades next season with a chance to play in the Memorial Cup, since he hasnt had much luck at winning anything (even a playoff round) with the Pats.

I personally feel Weal is being used all wrong on the Pats team this year, so stupid to have him playing the point on the PP & it burnt us last nite for a SH goal cuz of Weal on the point. We have a guy like Davidson who has amazing patience with the puck & has a knack for getting pucks through but yet we have him on the 2nd PP unit.... god even Hunt wasnt that stupid.

I also feel that Schiedl & Klimchuk are the only wingers who can keep up with Weal & neither of them are put out there with him. Klimchuk isnt ready for 1st line minutes at this point in the season but there is no reason why Schiedl shoudnt be with Weal, i mean hell the guy had a 6point game last year with Weal & played very well with Weal from feburary til the end of the year. I thought forsure our 1st line would of been Weal/Schiedl/Mitchell (if he had came back) but someone can fill in on that top line maybe a guy like Moser who can bring some grit to the line & who has skill as well.

I also thought that Volek would of been used on the wing but that was when i thought he was a natural winger not center so that can throw a kink into things.

For me out TOP PP UNIT should be this......
C- Weal
LW- Marantz
RW- Volek
D- Jobke
D- Davidson

2nd UNIT
C- Stephenson
LW- Stevenson/Schiedl
RW- Klimchuk
D- Underwood
D- Blidstrand

guys like Martell/Rodewall/Moser should be filtered into the PP depending who is having a strong nite. I really hate 4 forwards on the PP all the time.

Great Post!

bkdevil
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Although I do not like the powerplay, comparing last year and basically calling the coaches stupid isn't they way to go. Especially since they have the 9th best powerplay in the WHL and are at 24% success rate.
They have had a couple of bad games let see if they can snap out of it the rest of the weekend.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Taking Weal off the point would not be smart. He is apart of the reason the powerplay has some new life in it. Costing us one goal does not erase the fact he created many others that our defencemen likely would not have done for us. I mean, theres nothing wrong with switching things up, but it seems up until one little mistake in a game they played awful in, you were happy with how he was doing.

Also, LA is set for awhile with their top 2 centers after the Richards trade. Their situation probably wont matter, as Weal is probably going to be trade bait in their farm system instead of back here.

lordstanley
10-22-2011, 03:00 PM
What would you guys want for Weal ? a brayden schenn sort of package ?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-22-2011, 03:08 PM
What would you guys want for Weal ? a brayden schenn sort of package ?

I dont think they would want that much. Probably a 1st and a top prospect or a young roster player...maybe a little more, maybe not.

I think before he gets moved, they would have to address some organizational needs first, but the template above seems like a start.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-22-2011, 03:09 PM
and I think its about that time again for pirate to sail back into the sunset, if you know what I mean.

patsdude114
10-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Taking Weal off the point would not be smart. He is apart of the reason the powerplay has some new life in it. Costing us one goal does not erase the fact he created many others that our defencemen likely would not have done for us. I mean, theres nothing wrong with switching things up, but it seems up until one little mistake in a game they played awful in, you were happy with how he was doing.

I have never been happy with having Weal on the point on the PP it is a complete waste of his strengths down low. Especially when we have a Dman like Davidson to use on the #1 PP

Well looky looky finally the Pats coaches put Schiedl with Weal & both players score 2goals & having Stephenson there didnt hurt either this guy needs to get going as well & he collected 2assists tonite. I hate it when im right so much