PDA

View Full Version : Ugly win

tiny
10-22-2011, 08:21 AM
But the two points are beautiful.

Negatives...Two more broken panes of glass before the game started. I think that is five this week. Few forwards seemed able or willing to challenge for pucks for the majority of the game. I think the most frustrating part of the game for me was the number of passes that were in the feet, three feet behind, fumbled, totally missed or just botched. About the time I thought we should be out of our zone, the puck was back in our zone because of one of these passes. We have to be tougher, not fighting but mucking on the boards.

Positives...I thought Thiel did quite well for his second start. He was willing to face the big boys straight up. Petrovic's solid, clean hit at centre ice: it is just too bad that these types of hits are usually followed by a fight. I loved Elson's drive to the net for his goal. Mayor had three assists. Bartosak made 39 saves some of the Thomas type. The players on the team that we need to rely on didn't let MJ goad them into a lot of foolish fights and penalties. The boys found a way to win.

Challenges...I would love to see Persson, Siwak, Muller, and McCoy start to turn it around with impressive games tonight.

MJ... I was quite impressed with Fioretti. He was a buzz saw all night. Lyon, Rielly, and Bowman stood out in a very positive way. Was not impressed with Eberle's cheap shots.

SectionNDeserter
10-22-2011, 09:39 AM
I think the most frustrating part of the game for me was the number of passes that were in the feet, three feet behind, fumbled, totally missed or just botched.What about all the waist-high passes? ;)

I thought Thiel did quite well for his second start.He was a lot more physical than I thought he would be. It was unfortunate that he got a penalty for that nice hit (was a borderline call).

Bartosak made 39 saves some of the Thomas type.This is the first game that I think Bartosak straight up stole from their opponents.

The players on the team that we need to rely on didn't let MJ goad them into a lot of foolish fights and penalties. The boys found a way to win.Moose Jaw has lost a lot of hockey games in Red Deer the last few seasons, and they have ALWAYS tried to goon it up when the game looks out of reach. I thought that the Warriors did a good job of controlling themselves and not doing this yet again.

Bowman stood out in a very positive way.Really? For Red Deer maybe... He coughed the puck up in the slot to send Ness, Kambeitz and Mayor on a 3 on 1 where they scored the game's first goal, then when they looked ready to get a big jump from killing off Lyon's penalty in the third, he took an absolutely stupid penalty to set up the short 5 on 3 and basically end any hope they had of tying it up. There were a lot of positives for the Warriors in this game, as they really took it to the Rebels physically and in puck possession, but I thought that Bowman was horrible last night.