PDA

View Full Version : Game #13 Pats vs PA

patsdude114
10-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Well tonite is the rematch of last nites game where the Pats skated to a 4-1 win lead by Schiedl & Weal both with 2goals. Very glad to see Coach Conacher finally put Schiedl with Weal, I'm not going to get into it as I already did in the Pats vs CGY thread.

Does Hewitt get the start again tonite or does Conacher go with Beakeboom & give the fans a chance to see him in action? I for 1 would love to see him play, altho can't go wrong by playing 1 of the best goalies in this early season either in Hewitt.

I love getting the 2nd game of a home & home series, it seems like Regina rarely gets the back end of a home & home. There is usually more intensity in the 2nd game especially if the 1st game got abit chippy towards the end, which did happen in PA last nite. Hope to see a fight or 2 tonite.

Hopefully Stephenson can build on his 2assists last nite, he has been struggling as of late to find the score sheet & the Pats need him to supply secondary scoring badly with him rated (I believe it was) 63rd by ISS he better put up pts or he will fall fast in those rankings (for what they r worth).

I would like to see Volek have a real coming out party tonite in the WHL each & every game he has gotten stronger & stronger maybe tonite is the nite where he can have a 2goal game.

How long is Stevenson out for? Sad to see him get hurt twice so early on in the season he as having a great start.

Bepoleon
10-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Dyson is day to day. He injured his ankle in Edmonton 4 games ago. In Red Deer (the day after) they said his injury wasn't serious and was sitting him out as a precaution. Guess it was a little worse than expected. Hope he's back tonight.

Who was playing with Schiedl and Weal lastnite?

RWAH
10-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I would like to see Adam B get the start, the home fans have not got to see him and he has only played the teams above us in the standing. Could help his confidence and the teams support for him.
That said tonight's game could be for first place in the conference!
Looking at the next three weeks, up to our annual pilgrimage to the west conference, we are playing all tough teams. S'toon 2 - MJ 3 - Cal MH and Edmonton. This stretch will show if we are contenders or pretenders and if we are contenders should put some separation. If we split them with S'toon and MJ the top will still be crowded.
Looking forward to tonight's game. It has been exciting to be at the rink for all the games but the first period of the Calgary game. I think last years team showed up for that period. other than that period this team has NOT been out worked!

patsdude114
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes would be nice to see Stevenson playing tonite but to sit him out 1 more game & rest til wednesday in Stoon wouldnt be a bad move either (if he is ready to go by wednesday)

Also you are right Beakeboom has only played 2 games & both were against 2 very good hockey teams, in KOO & RD.... PA is not expected to be a force this year (which shouldnt surprise alot of ppl either) i would like to see him play tonite but not my call lol

Heading to the Brandt Center as we speak... GO PATS GO!

patsdude114
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
After the 1st period another terrible showing especially on the PP anyone who thinks we have a good PP needs to get their head examined. Get out worked & make such soft plays along the boards.

5on5 we have no problems out problems start when we get the man advantage. Give PA credit tho they work very hard ok the PK & PP Herrod seems to have found a new gear this year then I have ever seen him have before in Regina.

lordstanley
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
3-2 Pats now what a comeback Scheidl and Jobke are on fire

lordstanley
10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow you serious young rookie Braid knocked out 20 year old Bidlevski

RWAH
10-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I have three comments First I think Weal is getting too much ice time. He is a very top end player but we not need him every second shift. And he stays out on the ice too long. Any one else feel the same Secondly you start that slow against the top end teams and you wont get a chance to get back in the game Saskatoon, Brandon Kootney,Edmonton, Moose Jaw you will not score 5 unanswered goals we need to start at the drop of the puck. Last does any one know about Volek, did not get a shift in the third period.
Another win, great for the team.

patsdude114
10-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Volek did not see a shift after the PP when Jobke 1st got hurt on, like it was Volek's fault that he has zero experience playing D on the PP off a faceoff.

The Pats best looking PP all nite was right after Klimchuk scored & Weal was actually down low, we did not score on it but controlled the whole PP down low & had 2 shots on goal.

Why cant these coaches see that having 4 fwds on the ice for a PP burns u more then helps u, yet again tonite another SH goal. Almost 2 if it wasnt for Jobke's hard backchecking that ultimately sent him flying into the boards feet 1st that knocked the wind out of him & could of easily broke an ankle. This 4 fwds puts everyone out there on pins & needles especiallly poor Jobke. We scored 2 PP goals on shifts where we had 2 thats right TWO actual Dmen on the ice.

I hope the coaches look at this game tape & see what i have been saying now for 2 weeks with our PP, its a complete joke to be giving up a SH goal every other game all cuz they r too stupid to take off 1 fwd & go with 2 Dmen. Why not give Blidstrand or Burroughs a chance to play the point on the PP, they are both offensive minded guys. I truely feel we under use Blidstrand in his strengths so did Hunt give this guy the green light he can skate like the wind prob 1 of our best skating Dmen & can make hard crisp passes just too bad most of our fwds cant control a pass from him besides Weal (mainly)

Also i dont think the Pats were as bad in the 1st as some may think, yes PA jumped out to an early 2-0 lead but give PA credit they were busting their asses off which i knew wouldnt last all game. You can not play a full 60 mins at the tempo of play the Raiders were trying to play, it only lasts for so long before they have to let off the gas & then just try to keep pace. They tried to get a big early lead & then coast the rest of the game/hold on. They were only able to grab a 2-0 lead before they tired out & the Pats just skated them into the ground after.

I for 1 wasnt too worried cuz i knew PA couldnt keep up that pace. I must say though how good does Herrod look in this young season so far, i have never seen the guy look that noticeable on the ice since he has been in the WHL, if the Raiders dont start winning soon maybe Herrod can bring in a nice pick kind of like what Frazze did for the Pats when we traded him to KAM, plus a player.

Great to see Marantz putting up some pts hope he can build on this game tonite & bring that secondary scoring that every team needs.

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
No talk of the Braid vs Bidlevski fight ? Dan Plaster pretty much said 17 year old Braid 1 punched vetern Bidlevski out and were wondering how Bidlevski's well being was did he return ?

patsdude114
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
It was turning into a very good tilt getting into the late 20 second range when Braid surprised Bidlevskii with a punch that dropped him fast. He was left on the ice wondering where he was & looked very dizzy. After the game the coach Dixon said he was fine & prob could of played the 3rd but they kept him out for precausion to his health 1st & reassess him in the morning.

Plaster likes to over react abit, he is a drama queen always has been always will be, I don't think he has ever played the game of hockey before besides maybe beer league.

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
It was turning into a very good tilt getting into the late 20 second range when Braid surprised Bidlevskii with a punch that dropped him fast. He was left on the ice wondering where he was & looked very dizzy. After the game the coach Dixon said he was fine & prob could of played the 3rd but they kept him out for precausion to his health 1st & reassess him in the morning.

Plaster likes to over react abit, he is a drama queen always has been always will be, I don't think he has ever played the game of hockey before besides maybe beer league.

Thanks yeah Plaster i am surprised he hasn't lost his voice yet i will say he does show alot of passion for his job no doubt but i totally see your point

chalk_one_up
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Is there a clip of this scrap?

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqAzjp8m3g

PPatsFFan
10-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Bidlevski got one of the worst beatings ive seen at a hockey game. I was sitting in the corner where the fight happened (more behind the net i guess) but he got popped a few times. He landed a few hard punches as well. I am a huge hockey fan and hockey fight fan, but this one made me feel sick to my stomach as it was happening.

Hope hes OK

patsdude114
10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Bidlevski got one of the worst beatings ive seen at a hockey game. I was sitting in the corner where the fight happened (more behind the net i guess) but he got popped a few times. He landed a few hard punches as well. I am a huge hockey fan and hockey fight fan, but this one made me feel sick to my stomach as it was happening.

Hope hes OK

Ur who post really contradicts urself... 1st u say 1 of the worst beatings uve seen at a hockey game then say he got popped a few times but landed a few hard punches himself??? really??

have u never seen a 1 sided fight on the ice before? this was by far from a 1 sided fight & up until that big blow it was a very even fight.

PPatsFFan
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
He did take a beating. You don't think his face feels like it took a beating today? Watch the video bud. Why can't you take a beating and still land a few punches? If you don't think that was a beating I encourage you to go and let someone you know go and punch you clean in the face 2 or 3 times.

PPatsFFan
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Furthermore if that didn't make you feel sick to your stomach... seeing a 20 year old kid pick himself up off the ice and barely be able to skate to the bench after dam near getting knocked right out... Perhaps something is wrong with your moral compass.

I like hockey fights. Love em. Don't ever want to see someone barely pick themselves up off the ice.

patsdude114
10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
if the fight ends right before that big blow the fight is a draw there is no beating (as u call it lol)... the knock out punch won Braid that fight.. & no it didnt make me feel sick to my stomach i have seen alot worse & have got in my fair share of fights back in my high school days... u r over doing it becuz of 1 punch yes it was a big punch that clearly won him the fight but before that it was a very even fight.