PDA

View Full Version : Where are former players

lostsheep
10-24-2011, 07:32 AM
I was wondering where Zahn is playing this year, after the LA try out i lost track? also where have some former players ended up? Hulak, Walker, Joe, Boyer, amonst others. I know Stanny is at UBC and have my rooms book for the weekend they come to town and cant wait to go watch.

twentyone
10-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Hulak plays for the Huskies along with ex blades Ryan Funk, Chris Durant, Brett Ward and Michael kaye. Zahn and Walker are playing for the calgary Dinos. Along with ex blades Randy McNaught and Joel Eisenkirch. Colin Joe is playing for U of A along with Ex Blade Travis Toomey.

The CIS is loaded with ex blades and WHL players across the board. With the great chl scholarship program I think more and more guys will play out their 5 years of CIS eligibility get a degree and then pursue a pro career. Smart, something to fall back on and plus with the smaller schedule they can workout and practice more.

curwie
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Hulak plays for the Huskies along with ex blades Ryan Funk, Chris Durant, Brett Ward and Michael kaye. Zahn and Walker are playing for the calgary Dinos. Along with ex blades Randy McNaught and Joel Eisenkirch. Colin Joe is playing for U of A along with Ex Blade Travis Toomey.

The CIS is loaded with ex blades and WHL players across the board. With the great chl scholarship program I think more and more guys will play out their 5 years of CIS eligibility get a degree and then pursue a pro career. Smart, something to fall back on and plus with the smaller schedule they can workout and practice more.

Don't they only get $500.00 a year for each year played, or has that changed?

twentyone
10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Nope a full year ride for every year played in the WHL. See below I pullef off the WHL website.

"For every season a player plays in the WHL, they receive a full year guaranteed Scholarship, including tuition, textbooks and compulsory fees, to a post-secondary institution of their choice. For example, players graduating from a four-year WHL career are eligible to receive four years of scholarship funding. The WHL Scholarship, combined with additional financial assistance from Universities in Western Canada, makes the WHL - Canada West Universities joint scholarship equivalent to any other offer available in North America today."

curwie
10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Nope a full year ride for every year played in the WHL. See below I pullef off the WHL website.

"For every season a player plays in the WHL, they receive a full year guaranteed Scholarship, including tuition, textbooks and compulsory fees, to a post-secondary institution of their choice. For example, players graduating from a four-year WHL career are eligible to receive four years of scholarship funding. The WHL Scholarship, combined with additional financial assistance from Universities in Western Canada, makes the WHL - Canada West Universities joint scholarship equivalent to any other offer available in North America today."

Wow thats great! I had no idea. How long has this program been in place?

Just looked......Looks like its been in place since 1993.

On a side note.... saw the Huskies play friday night at CUC.