PDA

View Full Version : RAIDERS AND TIGERS COMPLETE TRADE

Wildeyes
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
RAIDERS AND TIGERS COMPLETE TRADE
Monday October 24, 2011

Prince Albert SK – The Prince Albert Raiders have announced that they have acquired 20-year-old right-winger Kellan Tochkin from the Medicine Hat Tigers in exchange for 20-year-old defenceman James Bettauer and a 6th round draft pick in the 2013 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Bettauer appeared in 15 games this season for the Raiders, notching 5 goals and 4 assists. The Burnaby, B.C. product has a career total of 39 points in 153 games played.

Tochkin has registered 8 assists in 10 games this season with the Tigers. Through 3 seasons in the WHL, the Abbotsford B.C. native has scored 214 points in 227 appearances with the Everett Silvertips and Medicine Hat Tigers.

“We are pleased to add a proven top-six forward who has been a consistent point producer in this league”, said Raider Head Coach and General Manager Bruno Campese, “We wish James all the best in Medicine Hat, and in all his future hockey endeavours”.

-----------------------------------------------

Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers announced this afternoon the acquisition of 20-year-old defenseman James Bettauer and a 6th round bantam draft pick in 2013 from the Prince Albert Raiders. In exchange, 20-year-old forward Kellan Tochkin will be going to the Raiders.

A native of Coquitlam, BC, Bettauer is in his third WHL season and second with the Raiders.

“We are excited to be getting a veteran defenseman who is off to a real good start this year,” said Tigers’ general manager Brad McEwen.

“James will fit in well with our team as we were looking for an older defenseman to add to the group. He brings some offense with him, which will help on the power play and is able to play in all situations. James is going to add some more depth to our team.”

“We thank Kellan for his time in Medicine Hat and wish all the best in his future endeavours.”

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I can not figure out Bruno Campese he gives so many mixed feelings does he wanna rebuild does he wanna reload i have no idea anymore

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Tochkin in my mind is a good one off to a somewhat slow start but in his career he has put up some good numbers i think this deal gives you 3 solid lines now and maybe gives the younger guys on defense to play more maybe not as bad as first thought

puckdad
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I really liked Bettauer this year - he has stepped up his game as a 20-year-old should in this league, but Raiders are in need of additional scoring, and someone to shoulder some of the load on offense. You have to give up something to get something. Defense get younger and maybe we'll see some of the younger d-men develop.
I think this is a win-win for both teams. Good luck to Betts, he's a class act on & off the ice.

Tiger Trauma
10-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Anyone Give us a Scouting Report on James Bettauer?

Kellan Tochkin has more of a patient style of game. THe Tigers are always preaching speed and the two styles didnt jive well this season.

Kellan Tochkin isn't overly physical or fast, but he has an uncanny knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Tochkin has struggled a bit this year finishing plays off. He was a big part of the puzzle to the Tigers playoff run last year. Tochkin also thrived in everett a couple seasons ago on a more defensive orientated team. This year he has been in tough finishing plays off.

He is signed by the canucks. There is a shot of him reaching a ppg pace if he gels with his linemates and picks up his effort. He does his best when he can feed passes to others or pickup rebounds.

patsdude114
10-24-2011, 05:52 PM
nice trade for the Raiders, but i thought last nite the Raiders D was a big weak spot on the team & trading away a vetern doesnt make sense really.

Dwight Schrute
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
im sure the nhl development money from vancouver since he is signed is a nice bonus for pa. nice deal. not a fan of the last deal so this one seems better to me

lordstanley
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm hearing things about Tochkin about his ego and cockynes i guess he has a big head maybe thats why he's ben traded twice in the past year i hope this isn't the case for you guys maybe he can turn things around

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm hearing things about Tochkin about his ego and cockynes i guess he has a big head maybe thats why he's ben traded twice in the past year i hope this isn't the case for you guys maybe he can turn things around

Some players never change, that was the book on him in bantam.:bounce:

chalk_one_up
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I wonder how Bettauer's head is doing?

Dwight Schrute
10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I wonder how Bettauer's head is doing?

why

Landon
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I really don't understand these last couple trades. Why would you trade a good 16 year old asset defenceman for two 19 year olds that haven't done anyhthing in the league. The trade with Medicine Hat doesn't make much sense unless there is more trades happening. Bettauer was our best defenceman from the season start. We trade him for a good forward but our problem is defence not offence. We are 2nd in the east with 46 goals for--- and 2nd last with 55 goals against with 5 short handed goals against. Scoring doesn't seem to be the problem keeping goals out of our net is. Our defence took a major blow with the departure of Bettauer. I don't think Lange is WHL ready so does Berry get the 7th spot or do they go with 6 defence every game or are there more trades happening. Just curious as to what else is brewing up in Raider land.