PDA

View Full Version : Makin Joins the Giants:

Geddy Lee
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Taylor Makin, formerly of the Prince George Cougars, has loined the team as a free agent. Is THAT what is missing from this team?

Knuckles Muldoon
10-24-2011, 06:40 PM
We just unloaded some ineffective 19 yo's. Why are we picking one up?

Lucic
10-24-2011, 11:44 PM
We just unloaded some ineffective 19 yo's. Why are we picking one up?

Because this one isn't afraid of going into the corners and sticking up for teammates from time to time?

Either way I tend to agree with you. I don't really have a problem adding Makin without giving anything up but I would rather acquire someone legitimately tough as opposed to another "Connor Redmond" type. Although at least Makin has been able to stay relatively healthy.

dondo
10-25-2011, 01:31 AM
maybe, but not big a huge minus player and can't score to save his life -- not a good pick up imo .. talk about ruining our developing chemistry for an also ran.

Remember that's what we thought Cass Mappin would be Lucic and he was a huge bust. This guy left one of the worst teams in the league and we are signing him as a free-agent?:confused:

his numbers: not impressed - PIMs are the only interesting stat, but not by much
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/923

Lucic
10-25-2011, 05:07 AM
maybe, but not big a huge minus player and can't score to save his life -- not a good pick up imo .. talk about ruining our developing chemistry for an also ran.

His plus minus is irrelevant considering the teams he played on, IMO. And no he isn't a scorer (you aren't going to find many on waivers). I doubt he'll have much of an impact on team chemistry. Keep in mind the Giants have only looked good for two games now. I wouldn't expect that to continue consistently. Either way I'm not saying I like this move. I'd rather add an established winger with size and toughness. But I guess this is the "cheap way" of Bonner adding a guy he hopes can bring those attributes without giving up anything.

Geddy Lee
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
So far, I like what he's brought to the table.

dondo
11-13-2011, 03:00 AM
yup he's been solid and physical when he needs to be - a couple of good fights. He hasn't hurt chemistry and has fit into the team quite well.

Knuckles Muldoon
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, he seems to be filling a mucker role quite effectively. Well done so far. My initial cynicism on this deal was uncalled for.