PDA

View Full Version : Game #14 Pats in Stoon

patsdude114
10-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Well I'm bored driving down the highway to weyburn this morning & thought maybe this thread could get a head start to tomorrows big game in Saskatoon.

I have never had high expectations for the Pats this year & starting off at 9-4 is great for this team. I'm not going out on a limb & going to say I'm expecting a win in Saskatoon, I want the the Pats to win yes (what fan wouldn't) I'm more so looking at this game as a measuring stick to see where this Pats team truely matches up in the East division & the Conference.

Yes we have beaten 2 very good hockey teams in EDM & MH we even played a very good hard working team in the Rebels very good & lost 4-1 (with 2 empty net goals & really the game could of went either way) the Pats are 6-2 on the the road which is no slouch anytime u can have a winning record on the road reguardless of what team it is says a lot about the character of ur team.

The Pats can't afford to have a slow start against a much better team in the Blades then past opponets. Also we can not afford to give up SH goals or chances so I really hope the coaches start from this game forward of not having Weal or Volek on the point on the PP & go with the tradional PP setup.

I'm not concerned about the goaltending match up at all as long as Hewiit starts I believe we have the edge there.

Tidball
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Well I'm bored driving down the highway to weyburn this morning & thought maybe this thread could get a head start to tomorrows big game in Saskatoon.

I have never had high expectations for the Pats this year & starting off at 9-4 is great for this team. I'm not going out on a limb & going to say I'm expecting a win in Saskatoon, I want the the Pats to win yes (what fan wouldn't) I'm more so looking at this game as a measuring stick to see where this Pats team truely matches up in the East division & the Conference.

Yes we have beaten 2 very good hockey teams in EDM & MH we even played a very good hard working team in the Rebels very good & lost 4-1 (with 2 empty net goals & really the game could of went either way) the Pats are 6-2 on the the road which is no slouch anytime u can have a winning record on the road reguardless of what team it is says a lot about the character of ur team.

The Pats can't afford to have a slow start against a much better team in the Blades then past opponets. Also we can not afford to give up SH goals or chances so I really hope the coaches start from this game forward of not having Weal or Volek on the point on the PP & go with the tradional PP setup.

I'm not concerned about the goaltending match up at all as long as Hewiit starts I believe we have the edge there.

Watch out for Jesse Paradis. He's already got 3 shorties this year and is a constant thread short handed. The Pats will need to use their speed to drive the puck in, cycle it around to get a quality shot. They must have guys on the doorstep as Makarov seemingly makes the first stop on everything. Weal will be huge, Molleken will likely stick Dietz and Siemens on Weal every chance he'll get.

RWAH
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Our coach has preached that all players must be acountable and all players are treated the same but I think his actions are not consistant. At home against Calgary Weal, in the attacking zone and on the PP makes a soft between the legs pass giving Sylvester a break away and a SH goal. Repercusions for Weal? NIL Volek makes a mistake of the face off in the attacking zone on the PP (prob the first time he was in this situation) causes a two on one. Jobke bails the team out with a great play but Volek gets benched. I hope Volek doesn't become scared of making a mistake and continues to improve. Is that consistant?
I'm with you Pats Dude 4 forwards on the PP is dangerous and more often back fires. We have a dearth of offensive D-Men and they can provide the same pressure on the PP as 4 forwards do.
On another front why keep Zimbaluk on the roster if he will not get any playing time (two games so far this year the same as our back up goal tender). As posted earlier the next 8 games are all important and tough game against opponents that are in the hunt for first place. We need to ice the best players for the next 8 games and that will not include Zimbaluk but he could have been played in the PA games.

patsdude114
10-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Zimbaluk has a broken hand & is in a cast the scratched Pats players sit 1 section over from me for home games. He has not hurt us when he has played, I think Peel is more prone to hurt us then Zimbaluk at least he brings a physical side to the game. I really do not see anything in Peel a very over-rated 17yr old & the Pats should get something for him before teams truely see he isn't worth what is advertised.

RWAH
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks! Did not know Zimbaluk was hurt. That explaine why he has not played.

RWAH
10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
I looked back a ways and I can not find Nathan in the injury reports. Any idea of when he broke his hand and how long he will be out?

patsdude114
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
No idea I did not know either I'm only assuming its a broken hand tho but he is wearing a cast on his right hand (I believe) ill try to text my nephew & see if he has any info on it as he is good buddies with zimbaluk

patsdude114
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Zimbaluk has a broken wrist happened about 2 weeks ago.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Peel is more prone to hurt us then Zimbaluk at least he brings a physical side to the game. I really do not see anything in Peel a very over-rated 17yr old & the Pats should get something for him before teams truely see he isn't worth what is advertised.

Here we go again...

Regardless your opinion on Peel, we need all the young defencemen we can get, since we lose basically our entire top 4 defence next year. He is our only '94 defenceman, and he still has alot of upside...trading him for another defenceman is pointless, and trading him for a pick or something would be unspeakably dumb, since all we would have returning is Underwood, Burroughs, a defenceman we probably trade for, and I guess a 19 year old healthy scratch in Zimbaluk.

nivek_wahs
10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Zimbaluk has a broken wrist happened about 2 weeks ago.Weird that it isn't reported.

patsdude114
10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Here we go again...

Regardless your opinion on Peel, we need all the young defencemen we can get, since we lose basically our entire top 4 defence next year. He is our only '94 defenceman, and he still has alot of upside...trading him for another defenceman is pointless, and trading him for a pick or something would be unspeakably dumb, since all we would have returning is Underwood, Burroughs, a defenceman we probably trade for, and I guess a 19 year old healthy scratch in Zimbaluk.

I know that he is our only 94 which is the soul reason he is on the team right now... sad but true i do know that junior hockey is all about age ratio's & yes Peel does fall into that really the only reason he is still with this team. Trading him for another 94 Dman while his stock is still somewhat high would make a ton of sense, he is very over-rated will never be anything more then a #4 guy.

Burroughs is way past the development level that Peel is at & he is a full year younger (& then some) heck even Williams is ahead of Peel in development just there was no reason to keep Williams this year as he could log a ton of ice with the Pat Cs instead of filling in the role that Peel has.

Weird that it isn't reported.

Yes i thought it was werid as well that it hasnt been reported either, i noticed he had a cast on during the game against CGY just never thought to ask & to be honest nor did i care.

Anyways this thread has completely got off topic with a big game tomorrow nite in Saskatoon. I know its during the week but anyone making the 2hr15min drive up to Saskatoon ??? I would like too but its getting late in the year & a days worth of work is abit more important, especially for someone who just recently started up his own business.

lordstanley
10-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I gotta love never die atitutde from your Pats made for a real good game they seem alot differant than last season Pat Conacher really has his team bouight in to his systems, this is gonna make for a season series you guys may need an enforcer thats the only knock i have against you

RWAH
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Lord Stanley you are right. I listened to most of the game and agree that the Pats this year have a never quit atitude, a big change from last year. Not sure we need an enforcer but we are not tough as some teams. I think these next 7 or 8 games will show if we are for real. We have S'toon again MJ 3 times, Edm Cal and RD. All are home games but 2 of the MJ games. I thihk we need 4 or maybe 5 wins to stay in first or second place. This could go a long way in determining if we are buyer or sellers at the trade dead line. I personally think we should be building for 2013 and 2014.
Last night game sounded entertaining and the Pats were in the game. An improvement from last year when they seamed to quit when the other team put some pressure on them.

patsdude114
10-27-2011, 03:18 PM
hard to come by an enforcer in this league unless u have 1 in ur system already, a guy who can give some push back is definately needed. Every enforcer we have had in the past 10 yrs have all be traded for Kazowka, Stoez ring a bell.

Elyniuk we had, maybe not a true tough guy but this year he seemed to have no interest in fighting, i think our local media gave him too much credit for actually wanting to play hockey in the preseason & that went to his head that maybe he didnt have to fight to keep his job.

Underwood has ben known to drop the mits in the past but he has never had a top 4 minutes so fighting wasnt such a big deal to him. This year he is playing hockey & is looking pretty good as well where him taking a fighting major would prob hurt us more then help us.

Listening to the radio it really seemed like Makarov won that game for the Blades unless Plaster just over-reacted on alot of the saves he was making/the chances the Pats were getting.

Cant wait til Tues nite to see this Makarov kid play now

bkdevil
10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I was at game, thought was good game, the bounces were going against the Pats, three of Blades goals were bad bounces and we could have had three more had we gotten the bounces. Blades goalie made some nice stops, plays the puck alot and well too. the Pats tired the Blades out in the third as Blades seemed to give their best guys most of the ice time all game.

The boards at CUC sure take weird bounces and screwed Hewitt up a couple of times, one caused a goal. I Couldnt believe how far the puck bounced off the boards on a wide shot, right to the stick of a Blade.

This is going to make for a very good battle between these teams this year.