PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Wheat King supporters

BWK
06-16-2005, 05:45 AM
From the Wheat King Insider:

WHEAT KINGS TO HOLD LINE ON TICKETS
---------------------------------------------
Brandon, Manitoba - The reigning Western Hockey League Eastern Conference
Champion Brandon Wheat Kings have delivered some good news to western Manitoba's hockey fans.

Despite winning their third Eastern Division pennant in the past four years and
their first Conference crown since 1998, the Wheat Kings have announced that they are holding the line on all ticket prices - both season and walk-up - for the 2005-06 WHL season.

"We are happy to announce that our prices will remain the same this year," says Brandon general manager / coach Kelly McCrimmon. "Our season ticket prices are consistently priced in the bottom third of the league, offering great value for our season ticket holders."

2005-06 SEASON TICKET PRICES

Adults $329 plus GST
Seniors / Gen X $269 plus GST
Youth $199 plus GST
Children $129 plus GST

In addition to a 32-game Season Ticket package, the hockey club will again be offering the popular 36-game Exchange Coupon Flex packs for $399 as well as the 18-game Fantastic Friday Mini Packs that include tickets to all Friday night home games (plus selected weekend dates) during the regular season). The prices for those will be $219 plus GST (adults), $179 (seniors and Gen X), $129 (Youth) and $99 (Children).

Fans purchasing their 2005-06 Season Ticket or Mini-packs by Thursday, June 30th will qualify to win this year's Early Bird prize of two pre-selected Winnipeg Blue Bomber Season Tickets as well as a Troy Westwood game worn jersey. Those fans ordering before September 14th will be entered to win this year's Grand Prize draw of a trip for two anywhere West Jet flies, courtesy of McPhail Travel in Carberry.

2005-06 REGULAR GATE ADMISSION PRICES

Adults $14
Seniors / Gen X $11
Youth $9
Children $6

Note: These prices do not include Ticketmaster agency fees

The Wheat Kings have also announced that thanks to an agreement reached recently between the WHL club, the American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose and Kevin Donnelly, Senior Vice President of Event Management and Business Operations for the MTS Centre, four regular season games will again be played in Winnipeg this upcoming season.

The Wheat Kings played five games including four regular season contests during the 2004-05 campaign.

gohawks
06-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Interesting about a discount for gen X ers. Has that approach helped to bring in new fans? Maybe I’ll move up there and become a Wheaties fan… Come on, 60 bucks is 60 bucks…

BWK
06-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't know if the Gen-X tickets have brought any more fans to the games but I am sure somebody somewhere has done the market research.

In terms of attendance, the Wheat Kings did have one of their best seasons ever but whether that was due to the product on the ice or the Gen-X tickets is debatable. Just and obsevation though, there does seem to be more people than years gone by that look to be between the ages of 18 & 29.

What does surprise me though is that, again, the Wheaties are playing 4 games in Winnipeg next season. The 4,000 peolpe the got for each game in Winnipeg was right near the average they got in Brandon but with the extra expense of the MTS Centre (travel, scoreboard etc.) I would have thought they would have played all their games in Brandon.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
06-18-2005, 08:53 AM
The reason there is games in Winnipeg next year is because on a Wed day night the team would only get 1500 fans to a game a $15 a head with is $22500.Or they go to Winnipeg at $25 a ticket x 4000 = $100,000 seems to be a little more profit than the Brandon game even with the ice rental dont ya think?

BWK
06-24-2005, 08:49 AM
That makes sense except for two things.

The 05-06 schedule is out and while there is one Wednesday game in Winnipeg, there are also two Sundays and a Saturday game, days which are usually pretty good for the Wheaties. The games were scheduled for Wednesday last year to be a Winnipeg/Brandon double-header (on Wed & Fri in Brandon) and they are not this year. I don't think they neccesarily would have been scheduled for Wed otherwise.

Secondly, I think the figure of 1500 in your example is pretty low. I think the smallest crowd last year (but I haven't looked it up) was around 2200 during a blizzard.

Over the years, Kelly seems to have mastered the art of getting the schedule he wants. I mean look at this year, 18 Friday games? :thumb: That's the reason I don't think you can assume that the Wed games in Winnipeg would have been Wednesday games in Brandon.

Maybe I'm being selfish but I think that the Brandon Wheat Kings should play all their games in Brandon.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I agree with you on that one Kelly should play 36 home games in Brandon.But he got a taste of $$$ from those 4 games in the peg compaired to the Brandon games. Maybe he figures a sat game in winnipeg will draw 5 or 6 thousand people???I personally dont think it is right, it is something I personally look foward to on weekends going to the keystone to watch some hockey.

WHEATMAN
07-26-2005, 08:48 PM
leave the winnipeg games till the winter fair

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Good call :bounce: