PDA

View Full Version : Will Kassian Be Drafted?

Sammy
06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
former Van player was lsited as #118 by CSS. Will he get drafted? by who? which NHL orgs most need size & toughness?

Hockey101
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Good hockey player when he plays but if pulls some of the things he does in the whl he will be put in his place and in a hurry.but is a very talented player for his size like to whatch him play because you never know what he will do when he is out there on the ice :bounce:

Beaner
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
If he keeps improving like he has he should be able to get a job in the NHL.

I belive his biggest weakness right now is his skating, still a bit slow, but he greatly improved over the summer last year, hopefully for his own future he can do that again.

I liked watching him park himself in front of the net for Kamloops. Almost impossible for anyone to move him, without giving him a cheap shot, and if you do that, look out.

Hard to say where he would go, but he is a 4th-5th round pick. Every team can use a tough guy who can pop a few goals here and there. He fits that bill perfectly.

Still upset with that trade by the way.

Jovorock
06-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Hard to say where he would go, but he is a 4th-5th round pick. Every team can use a tough guy who can pop a few goals here and there. He fits that bill perfectly.

Still upset with that trade by the way.
Ya I think 4th or 5th round, big guys like that you take as a project and if it doesn't work out then your not out too much.

Giants gave him away and still got knocked out in the first round. Hay will have nightmares for at least a couple years everytime they have to play the Blazers. :D

Beaner
06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Hay will have nightmares for at least a couple years everytime they have to play the Blazers. :D

Hay will sleep fine - the guy who will have the nightmares is whoever "wins" the tough guy role on the Giants. :laugh:

thankyougiants
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
I love the guys but sadly toughness left with Kassian and I hate to say it Grant!

Who is in the running?

rinkrat
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
I love the guys but sadly toughness left with Kassian and I hate to say it Grant!

Who is in the running?
JD Watt...

Beaner
06-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Who is in the running?

Dustin Slade.

All Kidding aside - Watt, Lucic, and Gabriel. Though I havent seen either Lucic or Gabriel fight yet. Both can supposedly thow 'em.

I expect Bonner will be making a move in the preseason to acguire a tough guy.

They need a player that is going to scare opponents into not taking liberties with Brule.

thankyougiants
06-16-2005, 06:04 PM
JD Watt...

Ooh I forgot about him! He is so fun to watch... You can just see it when he snaps and loses it! His face gets all red and the swearing that goes on... I totally forgot about him... thats awesome!

I have to admit I love the fights!

Kassian
06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Kassian will definitely be drafted. No way does the toughest guy in the WHL not get drafted. Whether he will actually make the NHL is a different story. Depends on if he can develop his overall game.

rinkrat
06-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Kassian will definitely be drafted. No way does the toughest guy in the WHL not get drafted. Whether he will actually make the NHL is a different story. Depends on if he can develop his overall game.

Maybe we can trade back for him...We'll eat crow! :groovy:

Kassian
06-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Maybe we can trade back for him...We'll eat crow! :groovy:

I wish... :laugh:

Unfortunately the Blazers aren't that stupid.

Beaner
08-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow, Second round pick for Minnesota - Didnt think he would go that high. Bonner should have to go at Center Ice with Kassian for making that trade. :laugh:

Sammy
08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
on the one hand, i agree with your idea for a bout. on the other hand, Bonner did list Kassian with Van and a chance to play in the Dub.