PDA

View Full Version : Game #17 Pats vs Blades

patsdude114
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Game 2 against the Blades in less then a week 1st game in Saskatoon the Blades won 5-3 with an empty netter just seconds before the Pats almost tied it up as the puck rolled thru the crease after squeking thru Makarov.

Talking about Makarov im very excited to watch this Russian kid play tonite the kid is a WHL rookie but not a CHL rookie as he played last season in the QMJHL for the Lewiston MAINEiacs who are now no longer exsisting. Hewitt & Makarov have very simliar numbers

Hewitt 2.29GAA .922SV% 10W3L
Makarov 2.63GAA .922SV% 8W3L

Look for a very good goalie battle yet again tonite, Hewitt didnt play in MJ got the nite off & Beukeboom did not disappoint in MJ either. The Pats goaltending has never been stronger with a 1-2 punch as long as i can remember.

The reason for the Pats loss from hearing from other fans (both Pats & Warrior fans) is cuz the Pats dont have the toughness that the Warriors bring the to the table. Lang will have to change this if he wants to truely compete with the Warriors/Blades & most likely Wheat Kings. Bidlevskii & Underwood (who i also heard was trying to fight in MJ but once Beach or McIlrath challenged him he back right down) that is not toughness i remember once a little guy by the name of Mitchell has fought both guys & didnt care the size difference.

Weal was hit twice (or maybe 3 times) on the Patas webiste for the highlights in MJ & not 1 Pat did anything, u can NOT let ur star player take those kind of hits.

Anyways Pats vs Blades tonite at 7pm cant wait til puck drop see how the Pats respond yet again from a close loss. I liked how we responded against the Oil Kings to start after the loss to the Blades but i didnt like how we finished altho we did still win.

lordstanley
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Game 2 against the Blades in less then a week 1st game in Saskatoon the Blades won 5-3 with an empty netter just seconds before the Pats almost tied it up as the puck rolled thru the crease after squeking thru Makarov.

Talking about Makarov im very excited to watch this Russian kid play tonite the kid is a WHL rookie but not a CHL rookie as he played last season in the QMJHL for the Lewiston MAINEiacs who are now no longer exsisting. Hewitt & Makarov have very simliar numbers

Hewitt 2.29GAA .922SV% 10W3L
Makarov 2.63GAA .922SV% 8W3L

Look for a very good goalie battle yet again tonite, Hewitt didnt play in MJ got the nite off & Beukeboom did not disappoint in MJ either. The Pats goaltending has never been stronger with a 1-2 punch as long as i can remember.

The reason for the Pats loss from hearing from other fans (both Pats & Warrior fans) is cuz the Pats dont have the toughness that the Warriors bring the to the table. Lang will have to change this if he wants to truely compete with the Warriors/Blades & most likely Wheat Kings. Bidlevskii & Underwood (who i also heard was trying to fight in MJ but once Beach or McIlrath challenged him he back right down) that is not toughness i remember once a little guy by the name of Mitchell has fought both guys & didnt care the size difference.

Weal was hit twice (or maybe 3 times) on the Patas webiste for the highlights in MJ & not 1 Pat did anything, u can NOT let ur star player take those kind of hits.

Anyways Pats vs Blades tonite at 7pm cant wait til puck drop see how the Pats respond yet again from a close loss. I liked how we responded against the Oil Kings to start after the loss to the Blades but i didnt like how we finished altho we did still win.

I look forward to a game recap i will be watching webcast not quit the same so i'm waiting to see what you thought keep up the good work

west coast
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
i agree that the Pats need a little more toughness, and you hit the nail on the head as the Pats must compete with the Warriors,Blades and Wheatkings in the toughness department.The team is playing very well this year and i havent heard anyone blame Brent Parker for a long time

patsdude114
11-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Well i must say tonites game was a very good hockey game to watch from not only a Pats fan perspective but as a hockey fan in general. This game was up & down for the most part of the game, had some good saves by both goalies & solid hits from both sides.

Both teams came to compete tonite but i think the part where the Pats won this game was the Blades unwillingness to take the puck to the slot, they seemed happy to play along the boards all nite long. The goal the Blades did score was complete flukeness but those things happen.

I only seen Siemens take off with the puck once all nite & the time he did in the 3rd got a quality scoring chance. The only line that showed any willingness to play tonite for the Blades was the Stransky/Nichols/Benson line not sure if thats a regular thing for the Blades or not but the Blades definately did not impress me at all tonite i was expecting more from them.

Makarov made some good save a few too many then he needed too tho he is a typical russian goalie with letting out big rebounds. Hewitt was tested much the Pats definately won the scoring chances throughout this game. The game started off really slow in the 1st 5 mins neither team seemed interested.

The ref tonite (Vetter) reffed a pretty solid game minus 1 call that went to the Blades, the Siemens call for delay of game was not a penalty as it went off a Pats stick on the forecheck all 3 blind refs missed that 1 there was more then a few people around me who didnt agree with the call.

Stephenson scored on a highlight reel passing play from Schiedl & Weal, but even with that great play Weal almost out did it with his rush late in the 1st dangling through all of the Blades & just missed the far side.

RWAH
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Makarof is a top goal tender and so is Hewitt. Once again no toughness, Hewitt got ran over and no Pat steps up. Does the coach have them on a short leash or what? If you negate a PP are you riding the pine so the players are not going to start any thing.

I'm with everyone on the blog we need to be tougher or the other top teams will be able to handle the Pats. I do think that we were physical this game, we gave as much as we took

I also think Weal gets too much ice time. I did not have a watch on him but it seams like every second shift. This team is play off bound and we will need him in March so lets not wear him out now.

On another matter I heard a rumor that as part of the new lease the Brandt centre is installing a centre ice clock "YEA". Has ant one else heard this rumor or can they confirm.

patsdude114
11-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Makarof is a top goal tender and so is Hewitt. Once again no toughness, Hewitt got ran over and no Pat steps up. Does the coach have them on a short leash or what? If you negate a PP are you riding the pine so the players are not going to start any thing.

It wasnt like the guy ran over Hewitt & to be honest Underwood kind of pushed/directed him into Hewitt just the ref saw it differently. No need to fight a guy for that its different when its intentional this was NOT the TEAM is more important then handling these type of situations... god id hate to see a hockey team coached by u it would be 1980s all over again.

I also think Weal gets too much ice time. I did not have a watch on him but it seams like every second shift. This team is play off bound and we will need him in March so lets not wear him out now.

For a long stretch it seemed like the Volek line was benched for abit & the Pats were rolling 3 lines. I persoanlly thought Olstad should of been named the Hardest Worker tonite & not Reider (not that Reider played bad just Olstad seemed to be everywhere tonite) Weal is playing no more or no less then he ever has so dont be worried.

On another matter I heard a rumor that as part of the new lease the Brandt centre is installing a centre ice clock "YEA". Has ant one else heard this rumor or can they confirm.

Evarz place did say with the new lease agreement they were going to look into getting a center ice clock but it wont be til after the season.

RWAH
11-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I agree the Olstad line hustled all night. On the goal tender interference I was a long (200 feet) away so I'll accept your explanation.

I was in Moose Jaw and the Warriors intimidated the team and it showed in the third period as we did not fight for loose pucks. Thus 3 shots. We will get the same treatment from other teams in our division.

Another thought is play Weal all you can now , he may not be here after the trade dead line

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Its not that the blades offence wasnt there, they had some good possession time, but overall the pats just did a good job blocking shots and passing lanes. They were great at limiting stransky's space...and Im not just referring to the big save.

Thought we played pretty physical, but we could still use an intimidating presence out there, something we might have had when we had Bell. Bigger teams will push the pats around without much trouble, even with scrappy smallish players like stevie, art and reider.

Looks like Stephenson has some decent chemistry with Weal out there. Hunt had some really good shifts out there early on, and was surprisingly good in the corners.

Honestly was not impressed with the blades defence last night. They need an offensive minded guy back there, and Siemens and Cox are not that guy. The bottom pairing depth made mistakes all night, but lucky for them the goalie was consistent.

EDIT: to clarify, they need another 'elliot' type to really be a mem cup worthy defensive group, and a real pp qb. Perhaps Ryan Murray will be available?

sbtatter
11-02-2011, 02:23 PM
EDIT: to clarify, they need another 'elliot' type to really be a mem cup worthy defensive group, and a real pp qb. Perhaps Ryan Murray will be available?

What would a guy like that cost this window, he has another season in the dub after this one so the price would be higher than Schenn/Hamonic/Eakin?

patsdude114
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I dont think u will see anyone going for the price of Schenn & Eakin did any time soon again, both those deals were over done. The price of Hamonic was pretty fair & Murray could go for the same type of deal. The Blades hands were kind of tied last year as everyone in ToonTown wanted schenn on there team & McCrimmond knew it & got everything & then some for Schenn. The Eakin deal was mostly list players nothing worth anything great besides a few quality picks.

Id love to see Murray out in the East division, dont get to see quality Dmen like him much.

I love it when the Blades lose though cuz it keeps all those fools off the board from posting besides the few regulars like lordstanley & such who actually have some common sense. After a Blades win is when all the non sense comes onto the site.

Brandon
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Was at the game as a indifferent observer. Really enjoyed the hockey both teams played a fun game. But I really think Hewitt was the difference, he made a few incredible stops that would have been sure goals in most games. It was a let down to see such a weird one get by him. I think that is one of the games that he stole for the Pats. They played well but the Blades definitely had enough great opportunities to win the game.

lordstanley
11-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Was at the game as a indifferent observer. Really enjoyed the hockey both teams played a fun game. But I really think Hewitt was the difference, he made a few incredible stops that would have been sure goals in most games. It was a let down to see such a weird one get by him. I think that is one of the games that he stole for the Pats. They played well but the Blades definitely had enough great opportunities to win the game.

Nice to get a different view of the game i thought from other fans saying if not for Makarov the Blades may have lost by 3 or 4