PDA

View Full Version : Regular season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

lostsheep
11-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I think out threads are getting spread thin. If you guys dont want it in a regular season thread then change it but this may be easier. It looks like the extra ice time is helping Hodder come around. I would still like to see him a bit more physical but a much better on ice performance last night. I also thought Elloitt played better too. I have no doubt Lorne has a grip on what his players can do and it will turn out im sure. Keep up the good work.

auch07
11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
For all intents and purposes Hodder should be back in game shape now and his on ice comfort level should be falling into place and as such I suspect that is why we are starting to see a bit more out of him. I still hope there is more for him to improve as time goes on here both with his physical play in the defensive end and timing.

lostsheep
11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
A question: Is it just my perception or does Makarov get bumped into a bit more than what we are used to seeing. I know he is more active around the net, but seems to get in contact with other players a bit more. Im not saying hes getting run, but contact all the same. and is it a concern?

hotdog-pocket
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Hodder coming around? Played well last night?

No he didn't. He was god awful. There weren't too many players that did show up last night and Hodder definitely wasn't one of the bright spots.

sbtatter
11-02-2011, 04:30 PM
A question: Is it just my perception or does Makarov get bumped into a bit more than what we are used to seeing. I know he is more active around the net, but seems to get in contact with other players a bit more. Im not saying hes getting run, but contact all the same. and is it a concern?

I think this league is letting a lot more contact go on goalies. Ours (bdn) were being bumped into all night in MH and leth, and at home vs MJ and Edm. So I'm hoping we start doing the same to opposing goalies....

sbtatter
11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I thought the Blades defence was supposed to be so top notch this year? If they can't score goals bc they do not have a sniper then could they at least keep the pucks out of their net. Scoreless ties still get you a point.

Blades defence looks pretty suspect from #4 down, got some upgrading to do for next year. We have some d-men if you want!

patsdude114
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I thought the Blades defence was supposed to be so top notch this year? If they can't score goals bc they do not have a sniper then could they at least keep the pucks out of their net. Scoreless ties still get you a point.

top notch defense really? after Siemens the D is pretty avg looking to be honest. The Blades look alot like how the Pats are built to be honest a solid D (nothing amazing) & a solid 1st line & then a bunch of workers, neither team are lights out & both have solid goaltending.

Just a question has Josh Nicholls been signed by the Leafs by chance? If he is signed chances of him coming back as a 20yr old is very slim maybe the Blades have to look at possibly trading him for a soild 18yr old who can play a bigger role next season for the Memorial Cup. Even if he isnt signed at the moment maybe still got to look at the odds of him being signed in the summer once he gets signed the chances of coming back are slim to none especially a guy of his talent.

sbtatter
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
top notch defense really? after Siemens the D is pretty avg looking to be honest. The Blades look alot like how the Pats are built to be honest a solid D (nothing amazing) & a solid 1st line & then a bunch of workers, neither team are lights out & both have solid goaltending.

Just a question has Josh Nicholls been signed by the Leafs by chance? If he is signed chances of him coming back as a 20yr old is very slim maybe the Blades have to look at possibly trading him for a soild 18yr old who can play a bigger role next season for the Memorial Cup. Even if he isnt signed at the moment maybe still got to look at the odds of him being signed in the summer once he gets signed the chances of coming back are slim to none especially a guy of his talent.

Columbus didn't want Calvert to come back for our Mem Cup run either, he wasn't signed, if he was they would have made him go to the AHL. Just food for thought for the Blades and Nicholls. Calvert turned down the contract and AHL because he's a Bdn boy who wanted to do right by his home town. Highly honourable, but not the smart business decision

lordstanley
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Wow Makarov stole 1 for us tonight Calgary out chanced us by 2-1 tonight and hit 3 posts Makarov was stunning

Trav
11-02-2011, 09:35 PM
K either the stupid defense first strategy has got to go or else some players should be shipped out now. They sit around AGAIN in the third period, and this is the time we mite have next year? yikes.

So far Makarov has been the team's MVP this year.

lordstanley
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM
K either the stupid defense first strategy has got to go or else some players should be shipped out now. They sit around AGAIN in the third period, and this is the time we mite have next year? yikes.

So far Makarov has been the team's MVP this year.

The third and 4th line need to contribute more and as for the Blades third periods it has been brutal this season are they not conditioned compared to other teams or what ? not sure but they keep running out of gas

I agree with Makarov being the MVP so far

lostsheep
11-03-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree Makarov has been the stand out leader so far. There are a number of players that are not performing the way they should be. The third and fourth lines need to get into it. More energy, maybe conditioning is part of it. last year our third and fourth came out, hit and banged it out along the boards and created the needed push back. There will be changes, for next year but i do not want to toss this year. This is the year we should be building the winning mind set. Teach the younger players what it takes to win, and that requires top notch leadership. I like the Sutter line, and i think Lucas has commited to playing at that higher level this year. He took a glove to the face lastnight that would have been a scrap last year, this year it negates them pulling thier goalie. Great team play.

curwie
11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Here is some potentially good news as blades fans under the whl discipline tab. If Dizzy gets 3 or more games he'll miss the November 8th game in stoon.

11/02/11 Darian Dziurzynski Brandon Tbd for charge major and g.m. at Swift Current on November 1

patsdude114
11-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree with Makarov being the MVP so far

Makarov was really the only reason the game in Regina was as close as it was, the Blades really have to look at themselves in the mirror & see who is willing to commit to competing on a nightly basis. As of right now i would be afraid to see Todd play a game with how the team is playing infront of the goalie.

If Siemens is so great, why isn't his plus minus better. Overrated if you ask me.

Ummmm last time i checked the +/- stat is a key 1 yes but no 1s +/- will be good if the team isnt having any success... ur team needs to score goals to move up in the +/- stat... & believe me Siemens is as advertised he wasnt a 1st rd pick for no reason he is the key to any chance of a Memorial Cup Championship, dont be so hard on the guy he is a true talent.

lostsheep
11-03-2011, 01:23 PM
It seems all our players with very few exceptions have to answer the call, to look deep inside and say am i doing all that i can. I see some players are gripping the stick a bit tight, maybe from the added expectations of coming events. Duncan is playing well, and that will not change. Our Defense men are expected to break up the rush, and shut down the other team, Make that soild first pass. That pass is hard to make if the forwards do not have thier feet moving. When this happens i think they try to do too much themselves. You get a rush from our end thats broke up in the neutral zone or just a rush with no finish due to to forecheck. or like lastnight a rushing D'man who ends up running into his own player cause hes standing there watching the D'man skate!

twentyone
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Is this a joke? What am I missing. Blades are 10-5-0-1. Tied for 4th and 3 points out of first. They are averaging 3.56 goals per game. They are 7-0 at home. They are missing Chris Collins which would make the 3rd line alot better. Their first line of Nicholls Benson and Stransky is one of the best lines in the league.

Yes Makarov has been the MVP and he is playing great, but tell me again why that is a bad thing?

Yes the first line is generating most of the offense but at 3.56 goals don't care who is scoring at least their are scoring.

Again tell me why we are supposed to be concerned?

lostsheep
11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
the concern is the lack of a soild true 60min game. Im not sure we have palyed one yet and it only gets tougher as the season goes on. We are winning and thats proof of a good team and strong goaltending, but we have to be aware of our effort levels.

lostsheep
11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
umm silly question but where can i go find the 50ppl?

lordstanley
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
umm silly question but where can i go find the 50ppl?

Here ya go

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/in-the-system2

lordstanley
11-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Btw Dziurzynski gets a 2 game suspension looks like we will get to see him at the CUC come Tuesdat night

lostsheep
11-03-2011, 08:27 PM
So the list is our roster plus the 26 in the system players, its old news but i see Austin Daae is playing for PG. i must have missed that.:confused:it dont take much to confuse the sheep:rolleyes:

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Is anyone else going to Moose Jaw for the game tonight? I am going on the fan bus. Hopefully there will be a lot of Blades fans there.:)

lostsheep
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
i believe the bus is sold out so there should be a few there, i wish i was going but too far for me to drive, and work. So i hope the whl live feed is good tonight.

auch07
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
WHL feed for this guy too....hop on the chat if you wanna talk Blades.

lordstanley
11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Well some of you got your wish Zach Hodder has been released so now the deal with Vancouver stands Burns and a 4th for Morrison and Bews still not bad

lordstanley
11-05-2011, 04:19 PM
It kinda makes sence Hodder would have never made a Mem Cup team next year maybe next season you see the Blades try and land Ryan Murray

sbtatter
11-05-2011, 04:42 PM
It kinda makes sence Hodder would have never made a Mem Cup team next year maybe next season you see the Blades try and land Ryan Murray

Do you enough 1st round picks left to give up for Murray? Because him being so young would mean the price should be higher than what you paid for Schenn.

lordstanley
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Adam Todd is in Goal tonight it is his only second start of the season his first game he let in 7 vs Portland lets hope this 1 is better

Trav
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
As much as I'd like to see Murray on the Blades he could go pro as soon as next year

lordstanley
11-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Great game tonight man those jersey's bring back some good memories Lethbridge is a huge mess right now they need to make some huge changes

As for Adam Todd well lets just say bet the over when he is in net his first game there was 13 goals combined and this game there was 10 he is getting 6.5 goals per game so far lol

it was also a game of first's McEvoy got his first goal ever Stovin got his first goal of the season and Fafard got his first ever point and Todd first ever win

lordstanley
11-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Also for some of you who didn't make the game watch for the Thrower vs Hood fight on HockeyFights.com it was a beauty 1 of the better tilts i have seen in awhile

lostsheep
11-06-2011, 12:16 AM
still a good trade for us, IMO ITS A SWAP OF 20YR old players, and a flip flop of two players who seem to have lost thier way.plus we get a draft pick to use down the road. I'm surprised he was released out right, could have held out for something...a bag of pucks or anything. all this after he had me thinking he may work out in the right places. The release looks like it might have given Tommy and Devan a boost in confidence, they played good tonight.

Trav
11-06-2011, 09:44 AM
still a good trade for us, IMO ITS A SWAP OF 20YR old players, and a flip flop of two players who seem to have lost thier way.plus we get a draft pick to use down the road. I'm surprised he was released out right, could have held out for something...a bag of pucks or anything. all this after he had me thinking he may work out in the right places. The release looks like it might have given Tommy and Devan a boost in confidence, they played good tonight.

Not to take anything away from Stimpancik and Fafard but its easy to look good against the worst team in the league although for them to release Hodder should mean that Fafard and Stimpancik have gotten better since the start of the season and were playing better then Hodder but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another d-man here in the near future.

PJ Awesome
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I can't seem to find the Thrower fight anywhere on their site or YouTube, anyone have a link?

lordstanley
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Should be on the Blades highlites on there website

hockeyfan123
11-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I thought for sure Schmidt would of been released..

lordstanley
11-06-2011, 09:32 PM
What a tight division just like that with a Regina and Moose Jaw win tonight Blades are now 4th in the division and 7th in the conference but it's super tight and early what a race it's gonna be all season long

curwie
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Ran into Collins tonight and asked him when he'd be back. He said he's hopeful for this weekend.

fro14
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
dietz is an idiot. Can someone please tell me why he instagated that fight last night which cost them a goal? it was stupid. clean hit on nicholls then dietz flys in takes a instagtor and is out of the game. not the first time ive seen him do stupid things in the 3rd. I hope lorne gave it to him after the game just stupid.

sbtatter
11-09-2011, 05:14 PM
That's been the Blades mentality for a long time though hey? Big, bad, tough and undisciplined, and the stupid penalties end up costing them big games. the Red Deer fiasco cost them the chance of beating the Wheaties in the next round. I'm guessing the "fight first" attitude must emenate from Lorne since it's been a feature the last 4 or 5 years of the Blades?

Trav
11-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Interesting to note, tonight Paradis and Trask are wearing A's. Benson and Dietz have lost them by the looks of it, at least for tonite they have.

Not surprised to see Paradis get recognized for his hard work, he's a leader on the team.

lordstanley
11-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Makarov has already made 3 huge saves tonight my god the team defense needs to get it together

curwie
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
That's been the Blades mentality for a long time though hey? Big, bad, tough and undisciplined, and the stupid penalties end up costing them big games. the Red Deer fiasco cost them the chance of beating the Wheaties in the next round. I'm guessing the "fight first" attitude must emenate from Lorne since it's been a feature the last 4 or 5 years of the Blades?

I don't know if you hit the nail on the head by labeling it a fight first mentality, but there's no question Mooner likes a very physical team.

sbtatter
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't know if you hit the nail on the head by labeling it a fight first mentality, but there's no question Mooner likes a very physical team.

It's an entertaining philosophy but not sure if you can win in the playoffs with it!!!

SectionNDeserter
11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
clean hit on nicholls then dietz flys in takes a instagtor and is out of the game.Isn't just Dietz, I see it happening more and more every year with every team. Win or lose the ensuing fight, it always seems to give a big boost to the team whose player delivered the big, clean hit in addition to giving them a 2 minute power play.

curwie
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
It's an entertaining philosophy but not sure if you can win in the playoffs with it!!!

Damn you for going there ! hahaha

lordstanley
11-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Blades third period struggels again was 5-2 now it's 5-4 i just don't get it Makarov since the first has been a little shaky suprisingly

curwie
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Isn't just Dietz, I see it happening more and more every year with every team. Win or lose the ensuing fight, it always seems to give a big boost to the team whose player delivered the big, clean hit in addition to giving them a 2 minute power play.

Right on cue! Cox takes an instigator, Swift Current capitalizes to move with in 1 goal!

lordstanley
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Jesus 7-5 win what a crazy third period we go up 5-2 then goes to 5-4 then 7-4 then more pressure by the broncoes and it ends 7-5 Makarov had his worst game of the year thank god the offense was there to score 7 there road game needs huge improvment

BigCat20
11-09-2011, 09:35 PM

Speaking undisciplined......Ferland took a stupid 10 min misconduct to begin the 3rd. He was asking everyone/anyone to fight from the 2nd on! Think Dietz would be the only guy that would have a chance with him. Don't think you guys dont play that way! After Zajac crushed a WK, Melnychuk came over and wanted to fight....5'9" 16 yr old vs 6'4" 20 yr old. I would bet every team has had a handfull of fight in retaliation of a big, clean hit this year!

Dont think the line brawl cost us the chance to beat you guys. They weren't as talented.....thats why we lost....DD, Siemens and Acolaste only missed the first game. If anything, that brought the team together!

sbtatter
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Speaking undisciplined......Ferland took a stupid 10 min misconduct to begin the 3rd. He was asking everyone/anyone to fight from the 2nd on! Think Dietz would be the only guy that would have a chance with him. Don't think you guys dont play that way! After Zajac crushed a WK, Melnychuk came over and wanted to fight....5'9" 16 yr old vs 6'4" 20 yr old. I would bet every team has had a handfull of fight in retaliation of a big, clean hit this year!

Dont think the line brawl cost us the chance to beat you guys. They weren't as talented.....thats why we lost....DD, Siemens and Acolaste only missed the first game. If anything, that brought the team together!

Absolutely there's instances where different teams take stupid penalties, but there's no doubt the Blades have mastered the goonery the last 5 years in the East, and they take a lot of penalties for it. And Melnychuk's not a fighter, so don't know why he's trying to fight anyone! Ferland is very frustrated because no one will fight him the last 4 weeks. He'd be a perfect Blades player actually.
Didn't McNaught miss games against us as well? Molleken too? I know the Bdn players really thought it impacted on the series.

BigCat20
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Absolutely there's instances where different teams take stupid penalties, but there's no doubt the Blades have mastered the goonery the last 5 years in the East, and they take a lot of penalties for it. And Melnychuk's not a fighter, so don't know why he's trying to fight anyone! Ferland is very frustrated because no one will fight him the last 4 weeks. He'd be a perfect Blades player actually.
Didn't McNaught miss games against us as well? Molleken too? I know the Bdn players really thought it impacted on the series.

McNaught missed 5, 3 against you. He was a very one dimensional player. Played decently defensively but we still had DD and Gogal. If Melnychuk isnt a fighter, he prob picked the best guy to challenge......has to have a 50 lbs advantage atleast. Besides Gogal, Reich, & maybe McNaught, dont know who all these goons are. We have guys that will fight, yes but play dirty, take cheap shots, I dont think so. Just cuz of one line brawl, we're goons. Like to see a stat on each teams # of fighting majors, misconducts and games lost to suspension per yr. Doubt we are in the top 3-4 in any of those!

curwie
11-09-2011, 11:23 PM
McNaught missed 5, 3 against you. He was a very one dimensional player. Played decently defensively but we still had DD and Gogal. If Melnychuk isnt a fighter, he prob picked the best guy to challenge......has to have a 50 lbs advantage atleast. Besides Gogal, Reich, & maybe McNaught, dont know who all these goons are. We have guys that will fight, yes but play dirty, take cheap shots, I dont think so. Just cuz of one line brawl, we're goons. Like to see a stat on each teams # of fighting majors, misconducts and games lost to suspension per yr. Doubt we are in the top 3-4 in any of those!

And let keep this in perspective....they ran our tender HARD. They had that coming to them bad. 100 percent intentional.

sbtatter
11-10-2011, 06:10 AM
This isn't a put down on the Blades, because that robustness is good to watch as a fan, but it's the undisciplined part of it that costs the Blades often. I can tell you that they are the team that comes into Bdn and wants to fight the most, takes the most undisciplined penalties. 1st game this year it was fafard. The other night it was Dietz. Somebody always becomes unhinged and takes a stupid penalty.

lostsheep
11-10-2011, 10:08 AM
The red deer rivalry is heated to be sure, and in most cases was deserved. But as much as we have a tough "goon" team, some players have realy buckled down to play hockey too. Lucas Sutter has decided so far this year he wants to play hockey. Being on a line with 2 20yr olds would have some influence on that too. The fights after a clean hit have no place in our game, it is undisaplined and not required. maybe instead of starting a fight, go tell your team mate to keep his head up and roll off the hit. The dietz fight was after a clean hit. Josh danced around the D-man and was caught a bit off guard, thats why dietz fought. He felt Josh was in a peculiar position, and that the other player took advantage of it. josh knew it was coming but took the hit to make a play, good for him, the fight was not required.

lordstanley
11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Broncoe player Dalton Reum and Announcer Shawn Mullin in the post game show called Josh Nicholls a cherry picker what are your thoughts on that ?

Maybe they should have payed more attention to Nicholls not our fault he burried them for a Hatty last night lol

lordstanley
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Another thing looking back at last season through 20 games the Blades had the same record at 13-6-1 goals for were 74 goals against were 69 so that part improved, but after they were 13-6-1 last season they went 12-3-0 before Christmas to have a record of 25-9-1, they really took off after that Portland win on home ice

i can't see them doing that again this season but even if they go 10-5 until xmas i would be happy with that

lostsheep
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the new game of hockey, You know the one who took out the redline, and the invention of the long stretch pass. If your team cant defend that pass thats your fault. To call a player a cherry picker is fine but remember its not the first year with the new rules, and you should have a play adapted to defend the stretch pass. Sounds like sour grapes to me. GO JOSH GO keep pickin>>> LOL

twentyone
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Funny thing I noticed. Jesse Paradis at 19 points would be leading the Moose Jaw Warriors in scoring this year.

lostsheep
11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Jesse really impressed me during the preseason games against us and i am very happy we got him.

lordstanley
11-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Alex Elliott has been REA-SIGNED to the AJHL i saw this coming when Collins is due to come back and he is due back for this weekend there was no room for Elliott and to me there will always and only be 1 Elliott that is ever remembered to dawn a Blades jersey Stefan that is

So now the Blades are down to 13 forwards and 7 defense finally the team is set

Lines for this weekend
Nicholls Trask Stransky
Paradis Sutter Burns
Benson Olsen Collins
Zajac McEvoy Stovin/Haas

Siemens Thrower
Deitz Cox
Fafard Stipancik/Schmidt

Makarov
Todd

Btw i have really liked the switch with Trask moving to the center position playing with Nicholls and Stransky since moving to center Trask has 5 points in his last 2 games

PJ Awesome
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
About time he got sent down.

Trav
11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I think everyone saw the release of Elliot coming, if anyone didn't then their kinda blind. He tried but he just wasn't up there and as a 18 yr old to be in and out of the lineup like he was, not very good for him or the team that's building for the Memorial Cup next year. If he goes to the AJHL and does well there, maybe he'll catch on another WHL in the future, if not well hope he does well in the AJHL.

sbtatter
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
As a wild ass guess, how many on your current active roster do you think will be on the mem cup squad come April/May 2013?
Because of the 27 who started on Bdn the year we were awarded the Mem Cup, only 15 were actually on the squad for the Mem Cup 20 months later

lordstanley
11-10-2011, 07:21 PM
As a wild ass guess, how many on your current active roster do you think will be on the mem cup squad come April/May 2013?
Because of the 27 who started on Bdn the year we were awarded the Mem Cup, only 15 were actually on the squad for the Mem Cup 20 months later

I'll try and answer that
For goaltenders just Makarov i see them picking up a vet backup goalie just incase of injury you never know

Defense the returnees
Siemens
Deitz
Thrower
Cox he may go for better 20 year old who knows i'll say he stays
Fafard ?
Stipancik ?
Schmidt ?
Hopefully Murray or someone good

Forwards
Nicholls is a shoe in if he comes back i'll say he does come back
Stransky
Sutter
Benson
Olson
Collins could improve this 20 year old position too i'll say he stick for now
Zajac ?
Haas ?
Stovin ?
McEvoy ?

So my guess is around 14 or 15 some younger guys may go to trade and some vets may be traded but i think 14 or 15 is safe to say

lordstanley
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Now i'll take a stab at a mem cup roster i would like to see

Nicholls Benson Stransky
Collins Sutter McNeil
Lowry Olsen Stovin
ZaJac McEvoy Haas

SIemens Thrower
Deitz Murray
Cox Fafard
Stipancik

Makarov
vet backup

Trav
11-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Goaltenders

Makarov
Moodie or veteran backup. I can see Moodie starting the year as backup to

Defense

Siemens
Deitz
Thrower
Cox
Fafard
Stipancik
Schmidt

Unless there's trades this year I can see Fafard, Stimpancik and Schmidt starting next season with the Blades but I think Molleken will have to improve the depth from 4 to 7.

Murray would be nice if he doesn't make the NHL next year.

Forwards

Nicholls
Stransky
Sutter
Olson
Benson
Collins
Zajac
Stovin

Haas and McEvoy to me are ? marks.

Rookies up front that I think will have a shot...Stockl (he's a lock), Polei if he commits to the Blades, Hickmott though his numbers in midget need to improve and being that their hosting the cup, I can't see them keeping more then two 16's up front though anything is possible. Graham wasn't bad in pre-season and camp. This Matt Revel kid if he shows could also be a strong candidate.

IMO the Blades could use one or two veteran d-men and two or three veteran forwards and maybe a backup goaltender if Todd doesn't improve and if Moodie isn't quite ready yet, he looks like he could be pretty good though.

Trevor
11-11-2011, 02:54 AM

I didn't look hard enough to find anything on misconducts and games lost to suspension, but here's a list of number of fights per season for the past few seasons, and up to date for this season.

2011-2012 - Blades 7th with 20, Everett 1st with 26.
2010-2011 - Blades had 79, in a 3 way tie for 11th with MJ & Brandon. Spokane 1st with 102.
2009-2010 - Blades were 9th with 83. Prince George first with 116.
2008-2009 - Blades were 12th with 70. Brandon 1st with 100.
2007-2008 - Blades were 3rd with 93, Vancouver 1st with 100.
2006-2007 - Blades were 2nd with 81, Portland 1st with 87.

Backhand
11-12-2011, 02:24 AM
http://http://www.echl.com/rangers-assign-niemi-to-road-warriors-p174096&t=mobile_news_article&bblh=mSafari (http://www.echl.com/rangers-assign-niemi-to-road-warriors-p174096&t=mobile_news_article&bblh=mSafari)

PJ Awesome
11-12-2011, 12:14 PM
http://http://www.echl.com/rangers-assign-niemi-to-road-warriors-p174096&t=mobile_news_article&bblh=mSafari (http://www.echl.com/rangers-assign-niemi-to-road-warriors-p174096&t=mobile_news_article&bblh=mSafari)

Poor guy.

lordstanley
11-12-2011, 10:46 PM
To me the Blades just played there best 60 minute game of the season so far stuck with there game plan and really shut down Etem and Shinkaruk

Now a long overnight road trip to play a tough Kootenay team

PJ Awesome
11-13-2011, 01:29 AM
good win.

franchise
11-13-2011, 11:34 AM
To me the Blades just played there best 60 minute game of the season so far stuck with there game plan and really shut down Etem and Shinkaruk

Now a long overnight road trip to play a tough Kootenay team

They just got off the bus too. Right to the rink from Saskatoon. It looked like Nicholls finally discovered Makarov has been in net. He actually back checked a couple of times. They are going to need to find another legitimate center though. Sutter seems to make it up as he goes and doesn't have a center's vision at all.

Tidball
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
They just got off the bus too. Right to the rink from Saskatoon. It looked like Nicholls finally discovered Makarov has been in net. He actually back checked a couple of times. They are going to need to find another legitimate center though. Sutter seems to make it up as he goes and doesn't have a center's vision at all.

Sutter has made HUGE strides from last season. He has been told NOT to be an offensive Centre but a shutdown type. Thats why it may look like he doesnt have a nose for the net. His line has been lights out this season. Sutter is a HUGE reason for the Blades sucess, next to Makarov.

JMoney1988
11-13-2011, 12:03 PM
This a question totally out of context, but when your watching the game online on whl on demand, can you only chat when buy a package, when i buy a game, it doesn't seem to work?

JMoney1988
11-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh, on another note, where is lez? I have been listening to dave thomas the past few games.......

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Oh, on another note, where is lez? I have been listening to dave thomas the past few games.......

He was covering Hiltops football as they won another Championship.

Another good game by the Blades I hope they can keep this effort up in Cranbrook.

I can't wait to go to Calgary and Red Deer to watch them next weekend!! Should be some good hockey.

Trav
11-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Blades score 1st tonite as Dietz blasts one on a two man advantage. Good start, hope the guys are well rested as they got in to Cranbrook at 6 Sask time this morning, yikes.

Sounds like the Ice are getting away hits from behind and then the Blades get called for tripping and slashing calls and the Ice score, funny how they saw that but not the hits from behind. Thought the two ref system was supposed to catch everything lol, guess not.

lordstanley
11-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Blades score 1st tonite as Dietz blasts one on a two man advantage. Good start, hope the guys are well rested as they got in to Cranbrook at 6 Sask time this morning, yikes.

Sounds like the Ice are getting away hits from behind and then the Blades get called for tripping and slashing calls and the Ice score, funny how they saw that but not the hits from behind. Thought the two ref system was supposed to catch everything lol, guess not.

The bus legs are really starting to show Kootneay has really taken over they play the same style as last playoffs when they beat us but then again 11 shots through 2 periods wont cut it

As for the Refs Zalasky has made most of the calls tonight only because he is brutal and blind

Trav
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Shots 29-11 after 2 for the Ice. Makarov keeping the Blades in the game AGAIN!!!

UPDATE!!

Benson scores to give the Blades a lead, WHL site isn't showing the shots in the 3rd.

Trav
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Blades escape Cranbrook with the W!!!!

Thanks to Makarov again.

lordstanley
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Well lets see the Blades rope and doped them like a boxer all game long until 5 min to go in the game score on a pp then literally hang on by there teeth and thanks to Makarov once again blades out shot Kootenay 13-8 in the third so they played a bit better

lordstanley
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Also see what a 5 game winning streak can do the Blades have the most points in the league and should really make the CHL top 10 this week huge turn around specially playing alot better on the road only letting up a combined 2 goals in 2 games in tough barns like Koot and MH

curwie
11-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Crazy game. Odds were stacked against them but they pulled out the W. Huge win! Sounds like it was a crazy bus ride to Cranbrook!

Trav
11-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Dave Thomas was saying on the broadcast they encountered lot of wildlife on the highway and a snow storm in the mountains, got to Cranbrook about 6 or so Sask time so that'd be bout 5 their time. That sure didn't faze Makarov lol.

PJ Awesome
11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
42 saves out of 43 shots tonight for Makarov..can you say wowza?

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 11:27 PM
42 saves out of 43 shots tonight for Makarov..can you say wowza?

So good but alot of those shots tonight came from the outside he was good yes

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I bet Adam Todd starts tomorrow:eek:

lordstanley
11-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Little fireworks after last nights game Dumba 2 handed slashed Benson at the end of the game then a mini line brawl was gonna take place until Lorne demanded his team skate off, before they went to the dressing room the Blades joined up in the center of the ice and raised there sticks to the Red Deer crowd i thought it was funny as hell

This rivalry is still kicking

sbtatter
11-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Who's been your player of the season so far?

Trav
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Who's been your player of the season so far?

That's easy to answer...Makarov as he gives the team a chance to win every nite, he made 41 saves in today's games. The rest of the team need to friggin wake up, either that or else the defense strategy isn't very good.

lordstanley
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
That's easy to answer...Makarov as he gives the team a chance to win every nite, he made 41 saves in today's games. The rest of the team need to friggin wake up, either that or else the defense strategy isn't very good.

I watched today's game Makarov was fighting the puck big time today he didn't look like his normal self alot of those 41 shots came from the outside he had troubles, but hey thats fine the guy just played 4 games in 5 nights even the best of them get a little fatigued, he has saved our bacon a number of times this season today however the Blades offense saved him :D

PJ Awesome
11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Makarov and Nicholls are our players of the year so far, Paradis is an honourable mention for me.

lostsheep
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
MVP so far is easily Makarov, it a good thing he dont work for schniders, he saves a lot of bacon. That was a huge draft for us thats paying of bigtime. there are also others Parradis has played very well, Sutter, and Thrower have all stood out at times. I wish Brent Benson would get rewarded for always being in his position and such hard work every game. Zajak is a hard working player too. Im really impressed with what we have for a team this year, everyone is playing well. Cant wait til tomorrow's game.

curwie
11-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Nice team win tonight again. Rough first period, then a solid game after that.

Emerson Etem is a stud.

lordstanley
11-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Blades move up 2 spots in the weekly CHL top 10 rankings to 4th we have the same record as we did last year at this time hard to believe this team hasn't taken a step back record wise with the amount of talent they lost

franchise
11-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Blades move up 2 spots in the weekly CHL top 10 rankings to 4th we have the same record as we did last year at this time hard to believe this team hasn't taken a step back record wise with the amount of talent they lost

I think its a case of more guys doing more and playing team hockey. For obvious reasons I'm gonna call it "networking".

The thing I notice is the balance - and especially the top 6. It seems like when someone isn't producing then someone else steps up. The PBS line has been a big reason for their success with all three being plus players and putting up important points while shutting down other teams go-to lines. The TSN line has 75 pts while the PBS line has 70 - not too shabby.

JMoney1988
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Do you guys think we can keep up this win streak at home, I think out of the next three, we should beat calgary, but they are pretty good right, vancouver should be an entertaining game, we will have to see if Mo will play good or bad, still a toss up, then comes Liuewen and the Ice, I think this will our toughest game as they already have a good team. I'm happy to hear about the memorial cup ticket plans, I wonder if they would bundle with season tickets or have some type of payment plan? What do you guys think? GO BLADES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

franchise
11-25-2011, 01:19 PM
but it always seems that a streak comes to en end against an unlikely opponent - and that has me worried that it will be Calgary who does the deed. I hope not. I like records.

reims
11-25-2011, 10:30 PM
but it always seems that a streak comes to en end against an unlikely opponent - and that has me worried that it will be Calgary who does the deed. I hope not. I like records.

obviously you called this one...although Calgary had beaten moose jaw and Brandon on the road the 2 previous games, however did they not only beat us on the score board but also in the fights....nothing against sutter but if your gonna fight in a 6-2 game you had better win...all in all as a fan I welcome adversity, as we didnt have much last year and i thought it was our altimate demise...boy could we use a "dzuirzynski" type player in a game like this to make a statment...too bad we couldnt get the record, but it wasnt meant to be..........

franchise
11-25-2011, 10:55 PM
but really, that was quite literally "one of those games" wherein the old age "the harder you try the worser it gets" was so appropriate. Nothing worked.

The team had had its share of luck and good fortune through this great start and I just hope this is just a blip. The key now is to quickly put this one to bed and move on with a clean slate and clear minds tomorrow. Should be a good one. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Burns has a big game against his former club. I read that his younger brother didn't make the trip because of injury. That's kind of a shame. Should be a good one though with the sub plot of the Morrison trade.

curwie
11-26-2011, 12:09 AM
obviously you called this one...although Calgary had beaten moose jaw and Brandon on the road the 2 previous games, however did they not only beat us on the score board but also in the fights....nothing against sutter but if your gonna fight in a 6-2 game you had better win...all in all as a fan I welcome adversity, as we didnt have much last year and i thought it was our altimate demise...boy could we use a "dzuirzynski" type player in a game like this to make a statment...too bad we couldnt get the record, but it wasnt meant to be..........

I know your frustrated with tonights results, and so am I. However, Lukas had a good game tonight and has been terrific all year long. Getting fist pumped at the end of a 6-2 game doesn't change that at all. He plays hard for 60 minutes every night.

reims
11-26-2011, 06:53 AM
I know your frustrated with tonights results, and so am I. However, Lukas had a good game tonight and has been terrific all year long. Getting fist pumped at the end of a 6-2 game doesn't change that at all. He plays hard for 60 minutes every night.

agreed...i think he is our most improved player....like i said nothing against sutter

Backhand
11-26-2011, 02:06 PM
We need 2 wingers - replacements for Burns & Paradis for next season.

JMoney1988
11-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope we win tonight, I wonder what kind of crowd we will get, we got 4950 last night, not bad but still needs more, hopefully with throwback night, we can get a good size, I wonder if will affect after last nights performance..........

hockeyfan123
11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont think Schmidt has what it takes to be an impact player in the WHL.. I just dont see him stick around much longer.

lordstanley
11-26-2011, 05:01 PM
He will go when we get Ryan Murray well i wish that would happen:D

lordstanley
11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Well Blades loose both weekend games 2 important games too i will add adam Morrison looked really really good tonight, but for whatever reason it looked like the Blades heads wearn't into it this weekend for whatever reason why, hopefully they can beat Koot on wednesday, also Siemens to me had his 2 worst games of the season looked very slow and very average

lordstanley
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Also the turning point tonight could have been Nicholls missing his penalty shot when we were up 1-0 Morrison was pretty good outplayed Makarov as much as that pains me to say

Trav
11-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Can't say to much bout the game other then that team was no better then last night. Blades were outplayed and there are some veterans that shouldn't be here (Cox is one of them, can't believe the Blades gave up a 2nd round pick for him, thought he was supposed to be the next Elliott) and whoever draws up the power play strategy is out to lunch, its like their trying to break the record for the most passes on a power play.

lordstanley
11-26-2011, 10:57 PM
On a brighter note Stefan Elliott scored in his very first NHL game tonight and guess what ? it was a game winner thats all he ever did last year good on him :clap:

BigCat20
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I thought stransky played his worst game! Drifted & had no desire get to loose pucks! Makarov must be getting tired! Man did Van. block a ton of shots! Siemens needs to take a point from stef, how to get pucks thru to the net!

It was gonna happen sometime....hopefully they learn quick what isn't working & 60 min effort is needed!

dondo
11-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Can't say to much bout the game other then that team was no better then last night. Blades were outplayed and there are some veterans that shouldn't be here (Cox is one of them, can't believe the Blades gave up a 2nd round pick for him, thought he was supposed to be the next Elliott) and whoever draws up the power play strategy is out to lunch, its like their trying to break the record for the most passes on a power play.

Funnily enough I have that same complaint about the Giants PP. ;)

Sounded like a pretty feisty game and Makarov was very good. I have to say that I am proud of Morrison playing his best game coming back to face his old team. He's been the consistency we have needed. I don't see him as a game stealer, but having consistency back there has allowed this team to find a good rhythm.

I was choked we lost in Prince Albert, but satisfied with my squad's full team effort in this one.

And don't worry guys, your team is still top of the East - give them credit while you are grumbling.. a lesson I forget from time to time with the G's as well.

curwie
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Also the turning point tonight could have been Nicholls missing his penalty shot when we were up 1-0 Morrison was pretty good outplayed Makarov as much as that pains me to say

Does Josh Nicholls have another move besides going to the backhand on a breakaway? Honest question.

lordstanley
11-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Does Josh Nicholls have another move besides going to the backhand on a breakaway? Honest question.

Nope he did the same backhand move as he did when forcing a penalty shot Morrison could read hos move so damn easy what a easy stop that must have been to make

Nicholls was 1 of the better players tonight

Deitz was invisible so was Siemens thrower was good though

Trav
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Funnily enough I have that same complaint about the Giants PP. ;)

Sounded like a pretty feisty game and Makarov was very good. I have to say that I am proud of Morrison playing his best game coming back to face his old team. He's been the consistency we have needed. I don't see him as a game stealer, but having consistency back there has allowed this team to find a good rhythm.

I was choked we lost in Prince Albert, but satisfied with my squad's full team effort in this one.

And don't worry guys, your team is still top of the East - give them credit while you are grumbling.. a lesson I forget from time to time with the G's as well.

Lol it's something that I've gotten used to seeing for the last few years, it's not very creative.

As for Morrison he played pretty good I must say. I feel for Makarov, he's been great all year but he does look tired. He's faced the most shots in the league so far apparently.

lostsheep
11-27-2011, 11:56 AM
So with that said is our back up situation a concern? and if it is when do we address it. The WJC is coming up and Mac has to be a consideration. Is Todd ready to shoulder the load for a extended period of time? Who would we look to as a back up and why?

auch07
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey sheep where ya been last few games? Sure can tell when the family isnt at the game as your row is empty lol. Good to see your boys made it out last night though.

As for the backup situation I think we could be in tough unless a move is made for a solid backup as I think its safe to say Makarov will get a good look and be gone for a couple weeks coming up even if he doesn't make the team.

lostsheep
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Work has been brutal lately and i truely miss being there live. thank goodness for WHL live! time will tell I guess, i was on here saying we need to give our young goalies a chance to bloom. i hope Adam blooms qiuckly :) i think we may need some big games from him during the WJC.

JMoney1988
11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Come on Blades let's get a W, hopefully we don't play like we do on the weekend or this will suck, always nice to get revenge every now and then..........

lordstanley
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Come on Blades let's get a W, hopefully we don't play like we do on the weekend or this will suck, always nice to get revenge every now and then..........

I have a feeling there record went to there heads on the weekend and they thought they didn't have to play to 100% to get a couple W's that can not happen the Blades don't have the skill level to win when there not going 100% this is a hard working lunch bucket style of team they need to outwork the other team every night to win

lordstanley
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Same story after 1 period tonight as it was on the weekend they just look ver disinterested to even wanna play :dead:

lordstanley
11-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow blowout city again tonight almost laughable how tired they look and disinterested

Trav
11-30-2011, 09:56 PM
i think it's time to send some guys packing and Cox should be the first to go, ANOTHER bad give away that leads to a goal and then gave the puck away again after that. For a 19 yr old veteran he hasn't been impressive the last while.

Hope Molleken realizes he needs a goal scorer and improve the depth at the 5th and 6th spots on the blueline.

Pretty pathetic effort the last while.

lordstanley
11-30-2011, 11:06 PM
i think it's time to send some guys packing and Cox should be the first to go, ANOTHER bad give away that leads to a goal and then gave the puck away again after that. For a 19 yr old veteran he hasn't been impressive the last while.

Hope Molleken realizes he needs a goal scorer and improve the depth at the 5th and 6th spots on the blueline.

Pretty pathetic effort the last while.

Pretty bad i will say Cox leads the team in +/- still i thought Siemens these pats 3 games has really under performed

PJ Awesome
11-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Yikes what a game...

Trav
12-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Pretty bad i will say Cox leads the team in +/- still i thought Siemens these pats 3 games has really under performed

And yet u were upset that Siemens wasn't invited to Team Canada camp lol.

mjw22
12-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow blowout city again tonight almost laughable how tired they look and disinterested

If they look disinterested could it be they are thinking what I read on here. That they think some may be sacrificed this year for next years mem cup.

lordstanley
12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
And yet u were upset that Siemens wasn't invited to Team Canada camp lol.

Yeah because i base the season as a whole not just a subway series and maybe 1 weekend where don hay seem'd to coach all those games

fro14
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Siemens looked god aweful last night again....

JMoney1988
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
To add to this awful losing so far, Benson is out with a concussion hopefully Burns returns soon...........

lordstanley
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
To add to this awful losing so far, Benson is out with a concussion hopefully Burns returns soon...........

Benson from what i hear has a grade 2 concusuion seem's pretty serious also Stransky went into the boards last night looks like he may have a hip pointer Burns just had the flu hope he can go this weekend

3 games in 3 nights my guess is adam todd starts saturday night in lehtbridge

JMoney1988
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh and another thing, are the refs in this league getting blinder and stupid each and every game....... I swear to god, I had two problems with calls last night, Sutter's embellishment call, what was that?????? :confused:, I know, refs don't like giving Blades 5 on 3, then our powerplay sucks anyway and Stransky breakaway where he was being hooked and tripped there was no call.... I swear they call all the stupid stuff but not the ACTUAL ones.......

lostsheep
12-02-2011, 05:15 PM
As a fan i wish the refing could at least be consistant, bad or good just be steady. The Benson injury happened right in front of my seats and i still missed what happened. please enlighten me. it looked serious the way he skated off.
big game tonight, we need to cut down the amount of shots, i know most are from the outside but 40 a game is way too much. the D seems to be backing in too far and not hitting as much. any player going to the outside isnt scared of getting pounded in the corner. Out side speed kills us right now.

Trav
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Nichols leads the Blades to a 2-1 OT victory down in Medicine Hat in a building that's usually tough to play in. They out shot the Tigers by a fair bit, hopefully they can keep it up.

lordstanley
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Nichols leads the Blades to a 2-1 OT victory down in Medicine Hat in a building that's usually tough to play in. They out shot the Tigers by a fair bit, hopefully they can keep it up.

Blades match up well vs the Tigers 3-0 vs them this season we have proven all season long shut down Etem and Shinkaruk = 2 points in the bag same old same old i hope we end up playing them in the playoffs somehow

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Well Adam Todd gets the start tonight fasten your seatbelts

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Wow what a horse **** period lehtbridges first goal they run our goalie into the net and called a goal, we score with 20 seconds to go ref waves is off they go upstairs it clearly shows the puck go off of a hurricanes skate and in the net and it was clear as day even there announcer were stunned, we outshoot them 24-7 as well just one of those periods Ketlo was lights out

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm pissed as well, I dont understand all they had to do is look at the overhead, they must have thought the magic puck occured in the arena like in the nhl. If this cost us the game, I will be pissed.........

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm pissed as well, I dont understand all they had to do is look at the overhead, they must have thought the magic puck occured in the arena like in the nhl. If this cost us the game, I will be pissed.........

I have never seen a clearer replay of a goal than ours then not count there goal judge should be fired asap i'm pissed right now/

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I mean, we pepper Ketlo with shots, okay so get this Les says there explantion of the no goal is that the lethbridge player didn't have possesion of the puck........ What the F???????????

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Well Todd lets in a ugly squeeker sounds weird to say that were out playing them in a huge way but down 2-0 were out shooting them now 30-8 and it's only 3 mins into the second ketlo may stop 60 tonight

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Now get called for delay of game even though it went of the top of the glass and oh leth had 6 skaters on the ice for almost 30 seconds and no call

What a **** show joke this is

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Well, hey its tied 2-2 nice, it should be 3-2 blades but..........

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, hey its tied 2-2 nice, it should be 3-2 blades but..........

haha yeah 3-2 blades more like 5-1 Blades goaltending and reffing is the only reason why it's tied

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Todd lets in another softy 3-2 canes

Trav
12-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Blades need to improve the back up goaltending spot. Hopefully the Russians won't take Makarov, if they do the Blades are screwed. Todd really shouldn't be in the league rite now.

As for the game, no surprise the reffing has been crappy, it always is.

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Blades need to improve the back up goaltending spot. Hopefully the Russians won't take Makarov, if they do the Blades are screwed.

As for the game, no surprise the reffing has been crappy, it always is.

You can say that again if they Call up Moodie i may trust him starting over Todd adam Todd is just not good positionly at all

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Now blatant call Nicholls gets hit from behind no call at all

Trav
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
You can say that again if they Call up Moodie i may trust him starting over Todd adam Todd is just not good positionly at all

I like Moodie and I bet if they don't get a veteran goaltender to help Makarov next year then Moodie will be the backup. They should try and move Todd if they can but doubt anyone would want him.

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Well the reffing is completly one-sided..............

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I haven't complained about bad reffing all season but tonight is the worst i have seen it all season long Montsion has been absolutley horrid guy really has it out for us in a huge way tonight

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Not only horse **** calls against us but none calls against them disalowed goals that we score that were clearly in on the replay 5 on 3's for lethbridge and we were called offside when clearly onside there is a un justice going on how are we supose to beat the refs and lethbridge 2 teams ?

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Probably not, you would get called for too many men, by the way if the idiot goal judge would have called that in, it would be 3-3, not 3-2

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I think what the ref was trying to get at was we re-directed it towards the net on purpose but it went of a lehtbridge skate and in the net i don't see why that should matter shouldn't it be who touched it last ? man oh man i haven't witnessed terrible reffing against the Blades like this in years

Trav
12-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Like to see the ref have a little accident ;) get knocked out. If I'm the Blades id seriously file a complaint against the ref not like the league would do anything since they support their refs hardcore it seems like.

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Now Todd lets up 1 five hole on a rush

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Lehtbridge gets another PP and Todd lets in his 5th of the night 5-2 lethbridge game set match

Trav
Wonder if Todd can even stop a beach ball. Least he can do is swing his goal stick at the ref lol.

JMoney1988
This is a great game....... todd is terrible

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Wonder if Todd can even stop a beach ball.

Probably not he is extremly slow and looks confused all the time

Western Elite
12-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Talk about Blow out!

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Talk about Blow out!

Number of reasons play into this score Todd sucks reffing brutal and a disalowed goal at a key time

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 09:59 PM
We had a great chance to tie Kootneay because they lost.......

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:00 PM
We had a great chance to tie Kootneay because they lost.......

Yep now MJ is tied with us and Brandon only 1 point behind

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:09 PM
stransky cross checked into the lethbridge net no call and it continues lol

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay, they can beat Medicine Hat, but can't beat Lethbridge, regardless of how bad Todd was tonight, I don't get it???????????

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm done watching this crap, I'm going to bed.......

sbtatter
12-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Who will be your backup goalie for the Mem Cup season?

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh no Nicholls looks really hurt get hit with a dirty hip check he looks in pain he can't put any weight on his right skate at all

Western Elite
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
pretty unfortunate game for the Blades. Lose a game they should've won, lose their best player for what looks like a very long time and head to play the best team in the league (in my mind) the Oilkings tomorrow.

Western Elite
12-03-2011, 10:23 PM
and an EN to salt it away.

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow a months worth of crap just happend in 1 game tonight yikes

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, on the bright side, tomorrow Todd WON'T be in net, would like know extent of nicholls injury

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, on the bright side, tomorrow Todd WON'T be in net, would like know extent of nicholls injury

I have him on twitter if eh says anything before tomorrow nights game i will let you know

Lorne is pissed he isn't even letting Cox and Sutter visit there families after this game he said aboard the bus to get the heck out of lethbridge

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I will bet he won't be in tomorrow nights game, but I do admit they didn't play a bad game, they made costly errors that leith bridge made them pay

lordstanley
12-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I will bet he won't be in tomorrow nights game, but I do admit they didn't play a bad game, they made costly errors that leith bridge made them pay

Yeah be nice to have a guy that can stop pucks tomorrow not a goalie who can't stop a beach ball Blades better address this soon go find a capable 18 year old goalie somewhere make it happen

reims
12-04-2011, 12:35 PM
as written by les lazurek, josh nicholls will be out with an mcl tear...they wont no the extent or length of time he will be out until they get home from edmonton...this is a huge loss for the blades, time for guys to step up.

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
as written by les lazurek, josh nicholls will be out with an mcl tear...they wont no the extent or length of time he will be out until they get home from edmonton...this is a huge loss for the blades, time for guys to step up.

We caught a break not loosing Nicholls for anytime during the world juniors looks like it didn't matter in the end he got hurt anyways thats really to bad i feel for Josh he was having a great season a MCL tear im pretty sure thats what happend to Morgan Riely from the Warriors and he is out for the season hopefully it isn't as bad as that or else we will be screwed

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Actually it is a different i read it wrong Nicholls has tear and is not torn so nicholls the worst that injury could be is 4-6 weeks the least it could be with a slight tear could be 2-3 weeks lets hope for that one if were lucky he may be ready by the new year

Injuries piling up Benson is also out with a concussion

So i guess tonight you might as well move up Collins to play with Trask and Stransky keep the sutter line as is and Olsen with Stovin and Haas

4th line Zajac McEvoy and they may call up evan Polei for the game as he is close by

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
In other news the Prince George Cougars have sent Charles Inglis home to saskatoon for breaking team rules not surprising he did that here too

It's bad cause the kid has real skill when he is focussed Maybe the Blades trade for him again lol and tell him this his his last chance screw it up and your toast

saskatoonblades123
12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
You guys are actually complaining about that no goal call against the Canes from last night?

It was clear that Burns kicked the puck, then it went off a Cane player and in. Regardless of it touching the Canes player, it was still a kicking motion that resulted in a goal. Therefore, no goal.

mjw22
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
In other news the Prince George Cougars have sent Charles Inglis home to saskatoon for breaking team rules not surprising he did that here too

It's bad cause the kid has real skill when he is focussed Maybe the Blades trade for him again lol and tell him this his his last chance screw it up and your toast

one way to get out of that mess in PG . Could be a cheap pick up for a team with a strong room and coaches. He's got skill

Trav
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Like to see the Blades go after Inglis. should come cheap and he's not any worse then what the Blades have now, he'd improving the scoring which is not there.

Oil Kings power play has been pretty good 3 for 3 tonite so far.

Blades need major help rite now especially since Trask will probably get suspended now for a check to the head.

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
6-2 for edmonton and Trask gets a 5 minute major and game misconduct for checking to the head probably gonna be susupended for a bit maybe 2 or 3 games my guess

and i say this it's 7-2 for edmonton after 2 good night irene

Trav
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
7-2 now for the Oil Kings, this is worse then last nite. Nice special teams Blades. This is brutal, and the Blades are supposed to be hosting the Cup next year? Makarov is being overplayed, Molleken seriously has to get a backup goaltender and some defense, heck they need everything.

reims
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
expect the blades to drop out of the chl rankings now...terrible week!!

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
expect the blades to drop out of the chl rankings now...terrible week!!

haha top 10 is a funny thought the way there playing as of late 1-5 now in there last 6 games being out scored by a huge margain lorne better not wait until next season to make all his mem cup deals he better get a couple this year so the team can get use to some more winning ways and not let this get any worse than it's starting to be

reims
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
haha top 10 is a funny thought the way there playing as of late 1-5 now in there last 6 games being out scored by a huge margain lorne better not wait until next season to make all his mem cup deals he better get a couple this year so the team can get use to some more winning ways and not let this get any worse than it's starting to be

who could he trade?? nicholls would bring the most in value and hes hurt...benson? oh ya hes hurt too...we are in trouble big time.

JMoney1988
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, whatever happens.... should an interesting two weeks up to christmas break, hate to see the team going this way, come on boys dig deeper, Benson may be back by next weekend................

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Well, whatever happens.... should an interesting two weeks up to christmas break, hate to see the team going this way, come on boys dig deeper, Benson may be back by next weekend................

Benson may be back next weekend and lets hope trask isn't suspended he very well could be for atleast 2 or 4 games not sure how trading works with the world juniors coming up but i think there is a freeze

What the heck why not bring back Inglis he is a 30 goal scorer and adds grit he is kind of that missing piece we don't have up front

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
8-2 now our goals for and goals against are almost even for the year wow

Trav
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Surprise surpsie, Todd goes in and gets scored on the first or second shot.

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Thank god the bleeding is over for tonight now lets hope for soem early xmas presents this week on my santas check list

Nicholls speedy recovery
Land Ryan Murray
Land Charles Inglis
Land Mark McNeil
Land a decent back up goalie

Santa is that to much to ask for lol ?

reims
12-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Thank god the bleeding is over for tonight now lets hope for soem early xmas presents this week on my santas check list

Nicholls speedy recovery
Land Ryan Murray
Land Charles Inglis
Land Mark McNeil

keep dreaming

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
keep dreaming

Yeah that's exactly what it is thats how far away they are from being a contender honestly i would be happy with even just 1 of those guys

Trav
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Nicholls speedy recovery
Land Ryan Murray
Land Charles Inglis
Land Mark McNeil

Two guys that could be in the NHL next year? I wouldn't bother trading for them until next year. Inglis I'd go for now and the backup goaltender.

mjw22
12-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Nicholls speedy recovery
Land Ryan Murray
Land Charles Inglis
Land Mark McNeil

Nicholls Yes
Murray not happening
Inglis why not
McNeil nope
back up goalie Where
yes it is SANTA gave you a late present in Schenn last year lol

saskatoonblades123
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
No shortage of people to blame after that game. Players, coaches included.

It's tough with the injuries now, but I would be shocked if the team didn't do something to shake things up.

A trade, anything.

Things that could happen:

- Calling up a forward to fill in while Nicholls and Benson are hurt. Most likely Stockl. He almost made the team this year and is playing great in manitoba.

- Trading a few of the scapegoats of recent. I could see someone like Olsen or Stovin going out the door soon. No idea on a return, but you would expect atleast a solid 18 year old coming back for Olsen. Maybe a backup goalie for Stovin.

- Finding a backup goalie. i dont know from where, but if this team expects Adam Todd to hold the fort, they are dreaming.

So many holes have appeared as soon as Makarov isn't making 40 saves per game.

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
We don't play till Saturday i wouldn't be surprised if some things happen this week i would give kyle schmidt a 1 way ticket to the sjhl and adamn todd 1 to the ajhl

mjw22
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Careful you guys don't end up on the injured list breaking ankles jumping off the band wagon .:D

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Careful you guys don't end up on the injured list breaking ankles jumping off the band wagon .:D

Still firmly on even going 1-5 in the last 6 somehow were still tied for first in the east div it's not to late to snap this uglyness and win the last 4 at home before the xmas break

SectionNDeserter
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Like to see the Blades go after Inglis. should come cheap and he's not any worse then what the Blades have now, he'd improving the scoring which is not there.Two problems with this. 1) Molleken is still the GM of the Blades and 2) He has been suspended for half the season. He will only improve the scoring if he is eligible to play in the games.

lordstanley
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Two problems with this. 1) Molleken is still the GM of the Blades and 2) He has been suspended for half the season. He will only improve the scoring if he is eligible to play in the games.

I forgot how much Rebel fans love Inglis lol

curwie
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I forgot how much Rebel fans love Inglis lol

He has a very valid point though. And I say that as a big fan of Charles Inglis the hockey player, and Charles Inglis the person.

curwie
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Just found out the North Battleford North Stars of the SJHL hold Inglis's rights if no other WHL team wants him.

SectionNDeserter
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I forgot how much Rebel fans love Inglis lolI personally liked his game, he was probably the most 'complete' young forward on their roster at the time, and he worked hard. He was rumored to have some off-ice issues, and then was traded by Molleken out of the blue for a draft pick (which is why I seriously doubt Molleken would reacquire him).

lordstanley
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I personally liked his game, he was probably the most 'complete' young forward on their roster at the time, and he worked hard. He was rumored to have some off-ice issues, and then was traded by Molleken out of the blue for a draft pick (which is why I seriously doubt Molleken would reacquire him).

Your probably right even those Inglis is listed from Wiinipeg he has lived in Saskatoon for the past 3 or 4 years with his Grandpa

My guess is he and Lorne probably didn't leave on the best of tearms and Lorne will not require him but a player to his style of play on ice would be great

curwie
12-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Your probably right even those Inglis is listed from Wiinipeg he has lived in Saskatoon for the past 3 or 4 years with his Grandpa

My guess is he and Lorne probably didn't leave on the best of tearms and Lorne will not require him but a player to his style of play on ice would be great

No he doesn't. His Grandparents don't live here. He makes his own way here and does a fine job of it.

curwie
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
No shortage of people to blame after that game. Players, coaches included.

It's tough with the injuries now, but I would be shocked if the team didn't do something to shake things up.

A trade, anything.

Things that could happen:

- Calling up a forward to fill in while Nicholls and Benson are hurt. Most likely Stockl. He almost made the team this year and is playing great in manitoba.

- Trading a few of the scapegoats of recent. I could see someone like Olsen or Stovin going out the door soon. No idea on a return, but you would expect atleast a solid 18 year old coming back for Olsen. Maybe a backup goalie for Stovin.

- Finding a backup goalie. i dont know from where, but if this team expects Adam Todd to hold the fort, they are dreaming.

So many holes have appeared as soon as Makarov isn't making 40 saves per game.

I'd like to see Stockl here. I think he has "it". I wouldn't deal Stovin though.

lostsheep
12-05-2011, 08:29 AM
our current situation is'nt pretty and is a large area of concern. I was at last nights game and noticed some discussions between players on the ice that seemed IMO to be a bit warm in nature. I hope I am wrong but some frustration has set in for sure.
A few of our players who have failed to develop as was first thought include Olsen, Todd, Mcavoy. with Olsens size and presumed ability i expected him to be a force on the third line. Todd needs to focus more and at times seems very overwhelmed at the speed of the game and shots. Mcavoy shows flashes of promise only to vanish his next shift out.Young Zajack seems to be in his place, he hits and isnt afraid to give up some size. It would be nice to see his hustle moved up with a center who can make things happen.
My Holiday wish list: A tight knit solid dressing room
A true grit goal scoring center or winger
A tough nasty hard playing in your face 25 goal player
A solid back up goalie, who can play 30 games
I know i ask alot but a guy can dream :) this time of year

reims
12-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I think mollekin could overlook what happened with inglis...Kids deserve second chances and of course he could be on a short leash...worst case scenario is he gets released after a few games, big deal...be crazy not to give him a chance to redeem himself...his career and future in hockey is on the line...could be a vary determined focused player the blades could pick up for nothing...i say take him before he end up on another eastern team.

Western Elite
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Here are Charles Inglis chances of landing on the Blades.

There are 21 teams who could pick him up, so that is a 4.77% chance of him landing on the Blades. However, with it being very rare that a player returns to his previous team in the WHL - can't think of a Blade off the top of my head who has done this....The chances are very, very slim.

That said, the Blades should start looking around at a legit back-up for this year and next. A name that comes to mind would be Liam Liston from Lethbridge who is 18 and could be a decent back-up play for the next couple years and would probably welcome that role.

Some of the 4th line players are going to have to go and soon. McAvoy, Zajac, Haas and even Olsen, I just don't see as players who are cutting it right now. On defense, Schmidt and Fafard could be cut loose too as far as I'm concerned.

Should be interesting.

reims
12-05-2011, 11:36 AM
i agree with most of your post but zajac??? he has way too much potential...olsen has been a bust, another player you could add to the list is cox, he has looked disinterested for a while now...I wonder what it would take to get liston from lethbridge?

curwie
12-05-2011, 11:36 AM
our current situation is'nt pretty and is a large area of concern. I was at last nights game and noticed some discussions between players on the ice that seemed IMO to be a bit warm in nature. I hope I am wrong but some frustration has set in for sure.
A few of our players who have failed to develop as was first thought include Olsen, Todd, Mcavoy. with Olsens size and presumed ability i expected him to be a force on the third line. Todd needs to focus more and at times seems very overwhelmed at the speed of the game and shots. Mcavoy shows flashes of promise only to vanish his next shift out.Young Zajack seems to be in his place, he hits and isnt afraid to give up some size. It would be nice to see his hustle moved up with a center who can make things happen.

That's been going on since the Calgary game at least. Josh was beaking Dietz on the bench and shaking his head at him for a long period of time. Dietz was trying to ignore him.

Trav
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Zajac is staying except for when be goes to the U17's, the guy has potential and at times is outplaying even some of the vets. The other guys can go bur will teams want them? I wouldn't. Olsen mite give the Blades a decent return since he's still young

reims
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM

we had #2 and #3 on that list....dzuirzynski

curwie
12-05-2011, 01:19 PM
we had #2 and #3 on that list....dzuirzynski

I wasn't exactly thrilled about dealing Dizzy this year either. But we got 3 picks back for him, and those picks WILL be dealt for an impact player next year at the latest. With the team having the mem cup next year, and taking the emotion out of the equation, it was the right thing to do.

lordstanley
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I say if Lorne can possibly get a a couple 18 year old studs this year instead of good 19 year olds next year do it cause it will only help build team chemistry

Western Elite
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
That sounds very good in theory but here is the slight problem with doing that. For example if the Blades were to go after Ryan Murray, what happens if he gets drafted in the top 10 somewhere (which is very likely) and the team who drafts him, decides to keep him in the NHL? The same go's for Mark McNeill, who was drafted last year by Chicago and some thought he could've played there this year. You can include Ty Rattie, St. Croix etc.....

Another thing that will make this hard to do is that some of those teams may feel that if they do get those players back that they will have a decent chance themselves next year. Making it very tough to acquire a top notch 18 year old player this year.

As for players they could acquire. How about a back-up goalie or a 19 year old player with some grit and a 19 yr old dman to push Cox for a spot next year while helping the team this year? I could see some minor type deals like that happening. After all, Lorne can't except to do everything next year and could just work on filling in the depth for next years team this year.

fro14
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I wasn't exactly thrilled about dealing Dizzy this year either. But we got 3 picks back for him, and those picks WILL be dealt for an impact player next year at the latest. With the team having the mem cup next year, and taking the emotion out of the equation, it was the right thing to do.

ya lets trade him next year when hes not in the whl cuz hes too old....

lordstanley
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
ya lets trade him next year when hes not in the whl cuz hes too old....

I think you missed where curwie was coming from there but whatever :confused:

fro14
12-05-2011, 06:04 PM
pls explain..

Backhand
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Jake Trask suspended - Two games for checking to the head major and g.m. at Edmonton on December 4.

lordstanley
12-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Jake Trask suspended - Two games for checking to the head major and g.m. at Edmonton on December 4.

Well that was a no brainer i thought 2 or 3 for sure

curwie
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
pls explain..

I thought it was pretty easy to understand wasn't it? My initial thoughts were that I like to see Dizzy play this year as a 20 year old here. After they traded him and I had a chance to cool off, I knew it was the right thing to do. I'm aware this is his last season in the WHL.

Is that clear enough?

curwie
12-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I think you missed where curwie was coming from there but whatever :confused:

Thanks.

lostsheep
12-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Fro14 if you were a hockey player you would be a true antagonist im sure. It seems you always manage to get you 2 cents in. I guess thats good and somtimes is laughable.
I feel the DD trade was our best move for him, but really miss his presence on the ice. the ICR hit of the game has been lackluster to say the least. The beaking on the bench is a concern and needs to be addressed by our coaching staff. That maybe a hangover from last years team in the playoffs, and we all seen how well that worked!!
Bottom line is if we want to be in it next year we better be close this year, or putting together a team in the span of a season wont work. The players, staff, and fans deserve the time to gel and gain that winning attitude. The players who dont fit in the puzzle can and should be traded. The players who know better could be scratched if only we would stop the injury bug as well.

saskatoonblades123
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Nicholls out 6-8 weeks

PJ Awesome
12-07-2011, 01:09 AM
****************^

sbtatter
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Nicholls out 6-8 weeks

Just be thankful its not more serious like Reilly....

lordstanley
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Funny to still see the Blades in the CHL top 10 hopefully we can stay there before the xmas break it will probably take 3 or all 4 wins until then here is hoping Makarov and team defense can pull through Makarov doesn't leave until the 18th so we get him right until the break

lordstanley
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM
It is scary to see what the Blades lines may look like this weekend

Stransky Olsen Collins
Burns Sutter Paradis
Stovin McEvoy Haas
Zajac Bodie Graham

Thank god the defense hasn't taken a hit yet

Out of those guys Collins is still playing with a hand cast Olsen got back not to long ago with a concussion and Stransky even seems a bit banged up yuck

lordstanley
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh as of just now the Blades have recalled a couple forwards Drake Bodie and Ryan Graham i'm excited to see this Ryan Graham he is putting up decent numbers so far

JMoney1988
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
It seems the line that hasn't changed is Burns, Sutter, Paradis, I hope we win our final 4 games or just win at least two of them............

lordstanley
12-07-2011, 06:02 PM
It seems the line that hasn't changed is Burns, Sutter, Paradis, I hope we win our final 4 games or just win at least two of them............

Yeah isn't that funny our hardest working line has yet to get hurt wow

Shows you can play mean and shut other teams top lines down and not get injured wow

JMoney1988
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
It's true, sutter is tough to begin with, burns is a big body and jesse is a natural talent, I know this is terrible news but Todd is going to start at one of the next 4 games, which one should he start.....? If he plays the way he has been playing,:confused:I really don't want him to play, but I will say Moose Jaw or Kelowna, since we know Marakov will start on Saturday and probably Wednesday. Who do you think should be called up?

lordstanley
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
It's true, sutter is tough to begin with, burns is a big body and jesse is a natural talent, I know this is terrible news but Todd is going to start at one of the next 4 games, which one should he start.....? If he plays the way he has been playing,:confused:I really don't want him to play, but I will say Moose Jaw or Kelowna, since we know Marakov will start on Saturday and probably Wednesday. Who do you think should be called up?

Lorne already said Moodie will be called up after xmas the kid is putting up great numbers this year so maybe he will just stay up for the long run and Todd will have his Bus ticket in hand when makarov comes back

lostsheep
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
our short term game is going to suffer, with the injuries, and WJC. Our long term goal is a competative team in the Cup. So i guess my question is when does the team building start? Yes we have lots of pieces, and some time for sure. How long will it take for a TEAM to gel and form that 1 for all and all for1 attitude.
The questionable locker room troubles of last year and some say this year too a smaller degree, has to be delt with. TEAM isnt built over night or from the deadline to the end. So WHEN does the ball start to roll in your opinions?

Trav
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
our short term game is going to suffer, with the injuries, and WJC. Our long term goal is a competative team in the Cup. So i guess my question is when does the team building start? Yes we have lots of pieces, and some time for sure. How long will it take for a TEAM to gel and form that 1 for all and all for1 attitude.
The questionable locker room troubles of last year and some say this year too a smaller degree, has to be delt with. TEAM isnt built over night or from the deadline to the end. So WHEN does the ball start to roll in your opinions?

The team building should've started already in my opinion. It shouldn't start next September. Seriously if the Blades get to the memorial just cuz their hosting it that'll be quite embarrassing and I think if that did happen, Molleken would have to go and Brodsky should consider selling the team to someone else. The Blades have had chances to go to the Memorial Cup and they've blown all their chances.

Western Elite
12-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Lorne already said Moodie will be called up after xmas the kid is putting up great numbers this year so maybe he will just stay up for the long run and Todd will have his Bus ticket in hand when makarov comes back

I heard that Adam Todd doesn't like the bus!!!!!! LOL:p....(inside joke).

lordstanley
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
I heard that Adam Todd doesn't like the bus!!!!!! LOL:p....(inside joke).

Haha good one ! :frog:

mjw22
12-08-2011, 08:17 PM
The team building should've started already in my opinion. It shouldn't start next September. Seriously if the Blades get to the memorial just cuz their hosting it that'll be quite embarrassing and I think if that did happen, Molleken would have to go and Brodsky should consider selling the team to someone else. The Blades have had chances to go to the Memorial Cup and they've blown all their chances.

True this team has been at the top a couple times and never got there . Other than when they've bought their way in. Tough to sacrifice this year ( trades etc ) to players and fans for next year. Next year is an unknown due to what happens due to injuries who's available thru trades etc. Tough choices lots of pressure not to go in the backdoor.

lordstanley
12-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Wow are we ever banged up right now, i heard Makarov missed yesterdays practice due to having the flu i hope he is ready for tomorrow nights game against the Pats, otherwise it's you know who in net. with not much offense around for the near future we our gonna need are dmen to be really mobile and chip in a bit more

lordstanley
12-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Blades have no jump at all tonight it could be way worse than 2-1

Guess it's somewhat expected when you have 33 goals out of your line with Trask Nicholls and Benson but come on others need to pick it up

lordstanley
12-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Well what a come back down 2-0 to come back and win 4-2 gutsy effort i will admit i was wrong i didn't think they had it in them im really happy to be wrong i might add

The Sutter line really shut down Weals line Matt Hewit wasn't very good for the Pats tonight

reims
12-10-2011, 10:56 PM
the pats deserved a better fate tonight....makarov stole this one...i really dont think hewitt played bad...there was really only one goal that was iffy...credit the blades tho for not quiting when it was 2-0, its a good sign with a young inexperienced line up....the two 15 year olds got some decent ice time and looked good...graham even had hit of the game...hope benson is back for weds...

lordstanley
12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
the pats deserved a better fate tonight....makarov stole this one...i really dont think hewitt played bad...there was really only one goal that was iffy...credit the blades tho for not quiting when it was 2-0, its a good sign with a young inexperienced line up....the two 15 year olds got some decent ice time and looked good...graham even had hit of the game...hope benson is back for weds...

Makarov did steal this one not a huge surprise anymore as for the Blades goals i thought Hewitt should have stopped atleast 3 of them Stransky goal was bad Burns's goal a floater he should have had and Collins he should have had even there coach tore into Hewitt after the game as for Brent Benson he is out long term with a concussion i am hoping after xmas for him

BigCat20
12-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Though Pats coach really placed all blame on Hewitt. Think he'd like Burns goal back, but Stransky had what 3-4 wacks at it....pretty tough to hold the post. Collins was a scramble, made the 1st or 2nd save, no one cleaned up the mess.

Gonna be messy for those 5-6 games Mac is gone. How many games do you think Moodie will play?

Bensons shut down till after xmas, this isnt his 1st conky & hasnt done anything physical for weeks.

Trav
12-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Though Pats coach really placed all blame on Hewitt. Think he'd like Burns goal back, but Stransky had what 3-4 wacks at it....pretty tough to hold the post. Collins was a scramble, made the 1st or 2nd save, no one cleaned up the mess.

Gonna be messy for those 5-6 games Mac is gone. How many games do you think Moodie will play?

Bensons shut down till after xmas, this isnt his 1st conky & hasnt done anything physical for weeks.

Seeing how Todd hasn't done anything, I'd imagine Moodie will play a couple games, least he should.