PDA

View Full Version : Coda Gordon

Scout
11-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Found this little write up on Coda Gordon:

Courtesy CHL Prospects:

Coda Gordon Swift Current Broncos

Gordon continues to impress in his first season in the WHL for the Broncos. The 17-year-old from Cochrane, AB, notched three goals and six points over his last four games in the past week as the Broncos posted an even 2-2 record in that span. Gordon notched his ninth goal of the season to help the Broncos to a 6-3 win in Prince Albert last Thursday. He followed up with a goal and two assists to go with 1st Star honors in a 3-2 victory over the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers on Friday. After being held off the score sheet in a 5-0 loss to the Tigers in Medicine Hat on Saturday, Gordon picked up a goal and an assist along with 3rd Star honors in a 7-3 loss to the Brandon Wheat Kings on Tuesday. Gordon was listed by the Broncos, and made his debut in a one-game stint with the Broncos last season. He currently leads all WHL rookies in scoring with 11 goals and 22 points in 17 games this season. Click here for WHL rookie scoring leaders.

dodywood4ever
11-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Found this little write up on Coda Gordon:

Courtesy CHL Prospects:

Coda Gordon Swift Current Broncos

Gordon continues to impress in his first season in the WHL for the Broncos. The 17-year-old from Cochrane, AB, notched three goals and six points over his last four games in the past week as the Broncos posted an even 2-2 record in that span. Gordon notched his ninth goal of the season to help the Broncos to a 6-3 win in Prince Albert last Thursday. He followed up with a goal and two assists to go with 1st Star honors in a 3-2 victory over the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers on Friday. After being held off the score sheet in a 5-0 loss to the Tigers in Medicine Hat on Saturday, Gordon picked up a goal and an assist along with 3rd Star honors in a 7-3 loss to the Brandon Wheat Kings on Tuesday. Gordon was listed by the Broncos, and made his debut in a one-game stint with the Broncos last season. He currently leads all WHL rookies in scoring with 11 goals and 22 points in 17 games this season. Click here for WHL rookie scoring leaders.

Kids a stud no doubt. A good reason to come and watch this team. I think we could make noise next year with a few key additions. And don't waste a pick in a Euro tender.

Toswammi
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
We really miss this guy right now

d-man
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
League site says upper body injury out 1-2 weeks. Rumor is a collarbone and could be longer.

Ree_21
11-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Positive news for the Broncos as they have a player ranked in the top ten in the WHL for draft eligible players. Congrats Coda. Hope the strong play can continue when he is back from injury.

sbtatter
11-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Was he a drafted player or someone they just listed?

CHtoo
11-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't think he was even listed.
I believe he was a walk on.

I wish we could get more like him.

sbtatter
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't think he was even listed.
I believe he was a walk on.

I wish we could get more like him.

Wow, thats a nice gift to get!!

Flathead
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Ya, Coda was a walk on. He was leading all rookies in scoring before his minor injury but was in the lineup again last night and got a point again! Keep it up Coda!

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Who did he play for last season?

Toswammi
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Edge academy

Put up 52 goals, 110 points in 65 games last year.

Trav
11-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Coda was listed by the Broncos in the summer of 2010 if not earlier...

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/2010/06/2010-11-prospects-swift-current.html

He also played a game last year with the Broncos. Why are some of u guys saying he's a walk on?

Flathead
11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Coda was listed by the Broncos in the summer of 2010 if not earlier...

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/2010/06/2010-11-prospects-swift-current.html

He also played a game last year with the Broncos. Why are some of u guys saying he's a walk on?

They said on the radio that he was a walk on. Maybe he was never drafted and they just signed him? Does that make him a walk on?

ELL
11-19-2011, 10:16 PM
What a comeback! Just going by the scoreboard that must have been a memorable game.

Wrangler
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Finally got in to see a game on Sat. It was a barn burner alright. The come from behind win tonight IMO, was nothing but sheer guts & determination form the players, nothing to do with good coaching. We still however, have a few issues with the dmen letting players walk in around them or sneak in behind them & then getting into a scrap because they let it happen OR, icing the puck when they should be headmaning it to one of the forwards, what's with that, 10 times or more against Brandon... BS. Our front lines are looking good, even thought a few of them are still playing for themselves and forget they have linemates. Passing by some players still appears to be a difficult play?? turning it over appears to be a much better option. Good luck with their US swing. Hope they don't forget to take that determination with them :groovy::groovy:

Trav
11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
They said on the radio that he was a walk on. Maybe he was never drafted and they just signed him? Does that make him a walk on?

Guess that's possible, I figured a walk on was someone that just showed up at camp but I thought nowadays the players at WHL camps are by invite only but maybe only some teams do that. Whatever u wanna call him he's been a great find for the Broncos.