PDA

View Full Version : Game #19 Pats vs Tigers

patsdude114
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Well i am very late creating this thread as i was hauling snow most of the day & missed the 1st period & a half i liked what i saw when i got there the Pats were really out skating the Tigers in all areas of the ice & then the refs took over for the 3rd some soft calls on both sides which lead to 4 PP goals in the 3rd period the softest call of them all came to Leier for goalie intereference he was clearly pushed into Hewitt which Hewitt then embelished on a play that the Tigers even scored on.

At times i hate this league with the inconsistant reffing that gets called on a nightly basis, but either way from the period & a half that i saw plus OT it was a very entertaining hockey game & in the end isnt that why we purchase tickets to be entertained?

blueline
11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Well i am very late creating this thread as i was hauling snow most of the day & missed the 1st period & a half i liked what i saw when i got there the Pats were really out skating the Tigers in all areas of the ice & then the refs took over for the 3rd some soft calls on both sides which lead to 4 PP goals in the 3rd period the softest call of them all came to Leier for goalie intereference he was clearly pushed into Hewitt which Hewitt then embelished on a play that the Tigers even scored on.

At times i hate this league with the inconsistant reffing that gets called on a nightly basis, but either way from the period & a half that i saw plus OT it was a very entertaining hockey game & in the end isnt that why we purchase tickets to be entertained?

I guess you missed who was in net... :)

RWAH
11-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I want to harken back to Blueline post on the Calgary thread "some players are getting to much ice time" and I agree.
What did Volek do that he was benched for the third period? Coach Pat has him benched for part of a game every game. It seams that he does not make a lead pass and he is benched. Weal doesn't make a lead pass and he gets more ice time

nivek_wahs
11-07-2011, 08:56 AM
I want to harken back to Blueline post on the Calgary thread "some players are getting to much ice time" and I agree.
What did Volek do that he was benched for the third period? Coach Pat has him benched for part of a game every game. It seams that he does not make a lead pass and he is benched. Weal doesn't make a lead pass and he gets more ice timeI don't think it was a question of what he did.... I think it was more of a "who was on the ice for the opponent." Etem and Shinkaruk played a lot and pretty much every time they were on the ice together Weal-Scheidl-Stephenson were matched up against them. When Etem was double (sometimes triple shifted) a more of a defensive minded centreman was on the the ice (i.e. Olstad or Ouellette). Once the Tigers decided to play hard and shorten the bench the Pats did likewise.

nivek_wahs
11-07-2011, 08:56 AM
I guess you missed who was in net... :)The online scoresheet is incorrect. Hewitt started and played the whole game, I'm sure the WHL will get that corrected.

patsdude114
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I guess you missed who was in net... :)

i wasnt too sure what u mean by that at all it was very clear to any pats fan who was at the game who played in net.

also weal plays lots in tight games cuz he is matched against the other teams top center

nivek_wahs
11-07-2011, 02:47 PM
i wasnt too sure what u mean by that at all it was very clear to any pats fan who was at the game who played in net.They must have read the online scoresheet.... and if they were at the game.... Attention wasn't being paid.

nivek_wahs
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I just checkd whl.ca and they have corrected the goalie stats.

patsdude114
11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
i just want to comment on Tanner Olstad i think he has been playing exceptional this season. He is playing his role right to a tee, working hard & even generating some offensive chances. He looks to be very confident & it show by Conacher puting him out there alot in key minutes.

I think he plays his role better then anyone on the team in the roles they have, if he ever finds the back of the net on a somewhat regular basis he could become a dangerous 3rd line type guy.

witness
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Olstad is suppose to have an offensive upside. I don't see it. But, he is a pain to play against. I wish he would be better at taking draws.

The guy that has opened my eyes has been Oulette. He has figured it out. He is not going to be a first or second line scoring type of guy, so if he wants to stay in the league then he better put the work boots on and get dirty.

Olstad, Oulette and Reider has proven to be effective. Not a lot of offense, but will play in your face, physical hockey.