PDA

View Full Version : Trades done?

johnnyradiant
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Is it me or are others also waiting to see when the other shoe would drop?

We heard the powers that be were ready to once again move back to a signature Giant team - bigger and harder to play against and a team that you don't want to take liberties against.

We saw a failed attempt at the getting bigger but a success in removing some deadwood that apparently other teams later saw much quicker than us.

I am not sure if the deforestation of the deadwood has solved the getting bigger part by any stretch. It certainly seems to have changed the dynamic and invigorated the team but what about the bigger, harder part? Or, is Macon our bigger, tougher?

Are we gonna just grow there, or wait until the trade deadline frenzy, or is there something else needed in the mean time?

Just curious if it is me, or others from the outside looking in, feel the same, that we still need to address the bigger, tougher part.

Cheers

rinkrat
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I heard they listed a Russian kid that played for Lethbridge last year. Not sure when he might show up.

Giantsfan
11-08-2011, 07:26 PM
It seems to me, that what they say & what they do are two completely different agendas. Bonner has been saying for 2 years that they want to get back to GIANTS hockey.

well..........I'm still waiting.:confused:

johnnyradiant
11-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I guess for them it's like they need 40 acres to turn the truck around. That's why I was wondering if by get a bigger team we were supposed to sit back and watch them grow, while hoping their DNA still has growth on the calendar. Maybe we could trade our biggest player for Tyler Maxwell to give us more size and grit :)

dondo
11-10-2011, 03:15 AM
I could deal Manning. Since coming back I am seeing less of the positives and the negatives are becoming glaring. Not too fond of what he's doing on the PP these days either and tonight's experiment playing him on the top line as a forward was ermm frightening.:eek:

Giantsfan
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Hay admitted that the experiment didn't work & that's why he lasted one shift as a forward.

I've always said they should deal Manning. His shot couldn't break a pane of glass & he should not be on the power play. He's a big of the reason their power play was non existent last night. Get McNaughton out there. He has a howitzer from the point.

Manning isn't going anywhere according to management. Maybe they could ship him (no pun intended) to the Royals for Traber. That would be a good trade for both teams.

Kulak is more than capable & hasn't looked out of place when Manning was on the IR. They should have moved Manning last season when he had more value.