PDA

View Full Version : Makarov continues to be the difference...

Trav
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Blades being outshot by a fair bit but the score is 3-0 for them, likely thanks to Makarov. Why am I not surprised? lol. Blades better get off their asses and start helping him out, would be nice if he got the shutout tonite.

14 shots after two periods is pathetic.

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Last time you commented during a game we were killing P.A and they came close i hope something doesn't happen again

Trav
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Last time you commented during a game we were killing P.A and they came close i hope something doesn't happen again

Are u blaming me for the Raiders almost coming back because I made a comment during the game? lol

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Are u blaming me for the Raiders almost coming back because I made a comment during the game? lol

No not at all im just weird that way lol

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
3-2 now Trav good job lol

your lucky 4-2 for now that is

Trav
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
3-2 now Trav good job lol

your lucky 4-2 for now that is

How am I lucky? All I said was the score earlier lol, never said they were killing Brandon, just that they need to help Makarov out, he can't always be the one that wins them the game.

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:37 PM
How am I lucky? All I said was the score earlier lol, never said they were killing Brandon, just that they need to help Makarov out, he can't always be the one that wins them the game.

Man i'm just razzing you easy buddy taker easy i know it's hard on here no notice sarcacsi'm

Trav
11-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Man i'm just razzing you easy buddy taker easy i know it's hard on here no notice sarcacsi'm

Ah couldn't u tell I was laughing in my previous post lol.

sbtatter
11-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Never mention a shutout, it's the death knell for the goalie!!!!

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Ah couldn't u tell I was laughing in my previous post lol.

Yeah i could a; good man tight division this year gotta love it

curwie
11-08-2011, 11:54 PM

haha why not? That's the way were gonna win games this year man. Just be happy we have a tender that can steal some games.

WHLFANMAN
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Blades being outshot by a fair bit but the score is 3-0 for them, likely thanks to Makarov. Why am I not surprised? lol. Blades better get off their asses and start helping him out, would be nice if he got the shutout tonite.

14 shots after two periods is pathetic.

I'm Sure you know you broke one of hockey's Cardenal Rules! and it cost you! LOL just admitt it and do it again.:o

JMoney1988
11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I admit, Marakov is really really good in net, but really this has to stop, we can't be giving up 30-40 shots a game and allowing him to make all the saves, I mean, we had a 3-0 lead and almost lost it, due to the fact of us sitting back and letting Marakov do all the work, sure he isn't perfect, but there be nights where he will have an off-nights, getting out shot 2-1 last night, that has to stop.

curwie
11-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I admit, Marakov is really really good in net, but really this has to stop, we can't be giving up 30-40 shots a game and allowing him to make all the saves, I mean, we had a 3-0 lead and almost lost it, due to the fact of us sitting back and letting Marakov do all the work, sure he isn't perfect, but there be nights where he will have an off-nights, getting out shot 2-1 last night, that has to stop.

I don't believe for one second that we sat back. Shots were 14 to 7 in favor of Brandon after 1 period. They out played us all night long. We just aren't that good this year. We have a young team that is being groomed for next year.

I'd be happy to be wrong on this though.

Trav
11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
[/B]

haha why not? That's the way were gonna win games this year man. Just be happy we have a tender that can steal some games.

Just saying, the players in front of Makarov better get off their butts and play better. This is a team that's going to be hosting the Memorial Cup and can potentially return 20 players, they cant just sit back and watch Makarov win the games for them. If they play like this next year then they don't deserve to be hosting the cup.

Can you imagine if they play like this if Makarov makes the Russian team, the team will be screwed for 8 games or so, no offense to Todd but he's no Makarov.

twentyone
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Just saying, the players in front of Makarov better get off their butts and play better. This is a team that's going to be hosting the Memorial Cup and can potentially return 20 players, they cant just sit back and watch Makarov win the games for them. If they play like this next year then they don't deserve to be hosting the cup.

Can you imagine if they play like this if Makarov makes the Russian team, the team will be screwed for 8 games or so, no offense to Todd but he's no Makarov.

Are you for serious? yes Makarov has played great and the Blades tend to get outplayed in 3rd periods but look back they also lead most games going into the 3rd therefore opposing teams tend to play a little more aggressively. I mean one might think so.

And coming back to Makarov the blades are averaging 3.84 gpg. I don't care who is in net that should provide enough offense.

You people need to settle down. This defense is still very young. No 20 yr olds. Overall they are still pretty solid on D which includes good goaltending.

I agree this team needs to learn how to put teams away but I would rather have them working on that then trying to find a way to put the puck in the net.

curwie
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Ya man I understand what your saying, except, next year everyone is a year older, some other teams that are doing well this year won't be doing so well next year, and so on and so on. The reality is, in my opinion, that we will be outshot in a LOT of games this year, and I'm happy to have Makarov to steal some games as well.

As for Todd, he needs experience. We will lose some games with him in net. The team will be better for it in the long run. I'd much rather him get the playing time this year and find out what he can do, than wait till next year and find out he can't cut the mustard. We have to see what the kid has to offer.

curwie
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Are you for serious? yes Makarov has played great and the Blades tend to get outplayed in 3rd periods but look back they also lead most games going into the 3rd therefore opposing teams tend to play a little more aggressively. I mean one might think so.

And coming back to Makarov the blades are averaging 3.84 gpg. I don't care who is in net that should provide enough offense.

You people need to settle down. This defense is still very young. No 20 yr olds. Overall they are still pretty solid on D which includes good goaltending.

I agree this team needs to learn how to put teams away but I would rather have them working on that then trying to find a way to put the puck in the net.

Agreed.

PJ Awesome
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed. His last game against Brandon was awesome. Reminds me of another Russian, Anton Khudobin

Tidball
11-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Who here actually SAW the game? ppl were posting during the game on this site. If you're a blades fan then get your ass out to the games. Its fans like you that are the reason we almost didnt get the memorial cup.

Onto the game in question. Yes Wheaties got more shots, but alot of them were easy ones to the outside. Also note that Nicholls got 3 breakaways in that game so we had our chances too.

Toswammi
11-12-2011, 11:13 AM
He was very lucky to not have given up 7+ goals in SC. Lots of nice bounces, d-men clearing juicy pucks in the crease and three posts.

lordstanley
11-12-2011, 11:42 AM
He was very lucky to not have given up 7+ goals in SC. Lots of nice bounces, d-men clearing juicy pucks in the crease and three posts.

Coulda woulda shoulda

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas

Oh and if it wasn't for me missing the last 3 numbers on the 649 i would be rich

twentyone
11-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Who here actually SAW the game? ppl were posting during the game on this site. If you're a blades fan then get your ass out to the games. Its fans like you that are the reason we almost didnt get the memorial cup.

Haha. Yah it's too bad we couldn't invite a device that is like a computer that fits in our pocket. Heck maybe it could be like a phone, but also have Internet access and a keyboard so we could chat on this forum while at the game live.

That would be awesome

SectionNDeserter
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Haha. Yah it's too bad we couldn't invite a device that is like a computer that fits in our pocket. Heck maybe it could be like a phone, but also have Internet access and a keyboard so we could chat on this forum while at the game live.You can cut the sarcasm with a knife!

lordstanley
11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
haha that was great

curwie
11-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Huge win in Medicine Hat tonight! Emerson Etem kept off the score sheet.

lordstanley
11-12-2011, 11:09 PM
By far there best played 60 minute effort of the season

JMoney1988
11-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Well, aren't goalies supposed to have an off night sometimes, luckily we goals to counter that night,look what he did, he followed up his bad night with letting in 1 goal.

JMoney1988
11-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Marakov is more flexible then most of the goalies in the past, khubdon, pardon my spelling mistake, holtby, stanford, morrison, he seems to make those impossible saves that look so far out of reach, listening to the games and watching the games online, the announcers seem shocked when he makes those saves as they expect it to go in, I think we have something good in this kid. He seems more calm now that mo is gone, thank god. Sure, his numbers are good and aren't best GAA and Save percentage, but I would rather have a goalie that would save games for us......

Tidball
11-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Haha. Yah it's too bad we couldn't invite a device that is like a computer that fits in our pocket. Heck maybe it could be like a phone, but also have Internet access and a keyboard so we could chat on this forum while at the game live.

That would be awesome

Tell me 21... How many devices have you invited?:confused:

Ive heard that excuse before. Ive caught people not supporting their teams before and the first excuse is "oh im in the message board with my phone"

If thats the case than watch the game instead of your phone. Oh, but you text during the intermissions? Oh well thats pretty sad if the only thing you can do is get right back to the message board while you're out at a hockey game. Dont you go with any friends? Friends that are perhaps a little more interesting than your next post on a message board?:clap:

Regardless of your reason, its a lose-lose for you.

JMoney1988
11-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I think he was kidding........:)

lordstanley
11-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Ok Pepper Carrot settle down i think he was being sarcastic lol

lordstanley
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM

haha not bad

lostsheep
11-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Omg why have all the threads gone to a grade 3 level game of yes I did no I didnt ? Your this your that. Tidbal we don't really care to read that crap and Lord to reply only feeds the fire. PLEASE keep it to hockey and remember every one has an opinion, and others have the choice to reply. But don't Make it a personal attack.

Trav
11-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Boes gets goaltender of the week ahead of Makarov. I think Makarov just got robbed.

lordstanley
11-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Boes gets goaltender of the week ahead of Makarov. I think Makarov just got robbed.

Umm i'll say he went 4-0 playing teams like bra mh and koot where boes played who PA and sc once

Makarov totally got robbed

I just say Boes actualy did play pretty well playing a 160 mins with letting up only 3 goals and 2 wins but given who the teams played i give the nod to Makarov

curwie
11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Omg why have all the threads gone to a grade 3 level game of yes I did no I didnt ? Your this your that. Tidbal we don't really care to read that crap and Lord to reply only feeds the fire. PLEASE keep it to hockey and remember every one has an opinion, and others have the choice to reply. But don't Make it a personal attack.

Good call. Probably better to utilize the ignore feature.

Joe Hallenback
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Boes went 3-0 with a 1.13 GAA and .965 SPCT
Makarov had 3 wins as well this week and 2 very good ones on the weekened but he gave up 5 against Swifty which was probably the difference between the two

lordstanley
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Boes went 3-0 with a 1.13 GAA and .965 SPCT
Makarov had 3 wins as well this week and 2 very good ones on the weekened but he gave up 5 against Swifty which was probably the difference between the two

Makarov had 4 wins he beat you guys sc mh and koot

Games were on tue wed sat and sun

And Boes only had 2 Wins 1 vs PA and 1 vs SC and played 40 mins against us after anderson got pulled after we shelled him

Joe Hallenback
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Makarov had 4 wins he beat you guys sc mh and koot

Games were on tue wed sat and sun

And Boes only had 2 Wins 1 vs PA and 1 vs SC and played 40 mins against us after anderson got pulled after we shelled him

But what I am saying is his GAA and SPCT. Were out of wack because of that Swifty game.

I am only going by what Luber reported with Boes numbers and I assuming he got that from the WHL

lordstanley
11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
But what I am saying is his GAA and SPCT. Were out of wack because of that Swifty game.

I am only going by what Luber reported with Boes numbers and I assuming he got that from the WHL

I checked whl.ca Boes had 2 wins and Makarov had 4 wins but i do see your point a bit with the Swifty game maybe costing Makarov i just think his competition was tougher than Boes having to play you guys once and on the road in tough barns like MH and KOOT

Oh well congrats to Boes he is a Saskatoon kid born and raised so thats ok