PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Dyck and Under17's

LHF
11-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Isn't it simply amazing that Micheal Dyck is good enough to coach the World under 17 championship, but the Hurricanes Board of Directors in all there ultimate wisdom, let him go as head coach. He was the only successful coach here in the last 10+ years. Bet they're wishing the hadn't been so stupid!!!

Bocephus
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Does this mean that Dyck will coach any Hurricanes?

LHF
11-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Ya, Erkamps and Merkley are on his team.

blacksheep
11-15-2011, 09:38 PM
for the four hundredth time for those of you that missed the memo. Dyck was offered a contract extension twice and turned it down. short of begging what else could have been done. Like this is three years in the past, get the message and get over it. :groovy::groovy::groovy:

LHF
11-15-2011, 10:55 PM
What else could have been done? The reason why Dyck wouldn't renew his contract was because he couldn't work with Stasiuk. Three days after Dyck's contract runs out, the board fires Stasiuk. Now if they intended on letting Stasiuk go, why not tell Dyck that and renew his contract? Like I said, stupid mistake!!! They could have gave Robson the GM position, (he did apply and seems to me he does most of the work in the GM position anyway), and kept Dyck as Head Coach. The team most likely wouldn't be in the mess it's in now.

CanesCrazy
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
You people who keep harping on the whole Michael Dyck thing are living in the past. It's not like you haven't heard this before but I have it on very good authority that there were incidents that occurred that made the board more than happy to let that contract expire. Trust me they don't look at him as the one that got away, nor should they.

Get over it already and find something else constructive to complain about.

LHF
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Care to share these incidents that occured with the rest of us?

And it's hard not to live in the past, it was the only time in what, the last 14 or so years anyone took this team anywhere! It certainly isn't any fun watching old mumbles ruin these kids careers. And he doesn't think he's the problem! He keeps blaming the kids! Now tell me how is anything Dyck did worse than that. At least Dyck developed the players on that team, and a lot of them carried on to a higher level of hockey after they left here. I just don't see that happening with any of these kids, unless something changes. I look at the kids that have been here since Preston took over and I don't see a whole lot of improvement. Which is very sad!

canes77
11-17-2011, 05:58 AM
You people who keep harping on the whole Michael Dyck thing are living in the past. It's not like you haven't heard this before but I have it on very good authority that there were incidents that occurred that made the board more than happy to let that contract expire. Trust me they don't look at him as the one that got away, nor should they.

Get over it already and find something else constructive to complain about.

Name one incident? Every incident I heard about was due to Stasiuk's odd behaviour.

Out of all the WHL/AJHL/Midget coaches in BC and Alberta, Hockey Canada hired him in 2009 AND again hired him in 2011... I would trust their hiring decisions over the Canes, wouldn't you?

LHF
11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
I would trust their hiring decisions over the Canes, wouldn't you?

In a heartbeat!!!