PDA

View Full Version : eberle suspension vs reg why

mjw22
11-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Warrior web sites always slow with updates and I didn't check the line up for the 1st SC game . So I didn't know he had been suspended until i looked on the suspension post here. Weal comes around the net gets hit with his head down comes up out of the scrum like he's a tough guy and when Eberle( 5-10 160 ) starts throwing punches Weal (5-10 170 ) just stands there and takes a pounding. So Eberle gets a game suspension because Weals a p***y. Hey Jordan strap on a pair and defend yourself. Scheldl (5-11 180 ) who was the first Pat to jump in the scrum ended up with McIlrath (6-5 215 ) he at least had the balls to get his gloves off and attempt to do something . McIlrath more or less pushed him to the ice and held him down until the linesman came over. He could've pounded him but showed restraint . A suspension because a guy has no will to defend himself that's sad. I know the league has to protect star players but really it's not like it was a size mismatch or Eberle is a fighter. Maybe the league is going to be the pats new enforcer . Weal keep your head up that's two games in a row a warrior has nailed you .

witness
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
The suspension is justified. Even the MJ coach was not happy with Eberle's actions. The league will not let some 4th line want-to-be take out your top line players.

And after yesterdays game, I would suspect that Eberle will be sitting for another 2-5 games.

mjw22
11-21-2011, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=witness;172921] The league will not let some 4th line want-to-be take out your top line players.

Take out what are you talking about ? It was two guys the same size and one was tough until the pushing turned to punching and he went all chicken. As for the assistant coach his comments were ebs has to realize quicker the other guy isnt involved he never said he was unhappy with it .Weals like a lot of these little 160 -170 pounders who like to face wash push & shove as long as the linesman is there to step in before the real stuff starts. This time it backfired because obviously the linesman that was right there saw/heard enough to let them go and didnt even jump in right away to stop it . For the hit more of a shove from behind 2-3 games is about right. you have to think before making contact when the other guys down facing the boards . But a game for a one sided fight I don't think so .Unless you also agree with the school in Ont that replaced all the real balls with nerf balls so no-one would get hurt. Hey maybe thats what Weals are NERF balls .:D

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Weal didnt fight back because he is a 100 point center, and the pats need him on the ice. Under no circumstances should he be fighting.

Tanner Eberle on the other hand is a scrappy disrespectful punk who will always be a scrappy disrespectful punk. He will probably pick up Beach's slack when Beach is gone to the next step of his journey of becoming the next Max Lapierre.

10 years ago, if a rookie tried to beat on your top skill player, they would be spitting up red colored teeth for a week and that would be considered getting off easy. But now players arent allowed to do that anymore without suspensions, so punks like this kid can do what they want.

Its funny because this is apparently what the league wants to a certain extent; players 'taking the high road', and having the inconsistent league/refs hand out all the discipline.

lordstanley
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Eberle got 3 games

11/11/11 Tanner Eberle Moose Jaw Three games for cfb major and g.m. versus Brandon on November 20

MJ Fan
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Ebs does deserve the suspension. He kept on hitting Weal after it was obvious he didn't want to fight.

Ebs is however a very effective player and a vital part of the teams sucess.

He plays at a high level and is bound to get penalties and even suspensions.

There were two Pats turtling on the ice during that fight. Macilrath didn't get suspended cause he recognized that his Pat had turtled.

mjw22
11-22-2011, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Some_Arrogant_Jerk;172951]Weal didnt fight back because he is a 100 point center, and the pats need him on the ice. Under no circumstances should he be fighting.

10 years ago, if a rookie tried to beat on your top skill player, they would be spitting up red colored teeth for a week and that would be considered getting off easy.

Lots of 100 pts guys fight back just not weal wasn't like he was up against a tough guy. As for any one retaliating from the pats I doubt it he's been nailed twice now and the only guy to come to your stars defence was Shiedl . Suspension for cfb fair . 1 gm for beating up a turtle not .