PDA

View Full Version : Trades before Xmas break

Backhand
11-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Last season, between November 25th & the Christmas break, there were trades involving 14 players, 10 draft picks and 12 teams. Are the trade winds about to blow? A few teams about to rebuild? Tight race in the east. Could be interesting.

lordstanley
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Last season, between November 25th & the Christmas break, there were trades involving 14 players, 10 draft picks and 12 teams. Are the trade winds about to blow? A few teams about to rebuild? Tight race in the east. Could be interesting.

i say the Blades pick up a 19 year old back up goalie we may need it come world junior time and in case of a injury to makarov

sbtatter
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
i say the Blades pick up a 19 year old back up goalie we may need it come world junior time and in case of a injury to makarov

Isn't Dubyk floating around somewhere, or is he an O/A?

lordstanley
11-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Isn't Dubyk floating around somewhere, or is he an O/A?

I think he is in the SJHL and he is a overager anyways

Joe Hallenback
11-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I hear the Blades want to acquire a few more draft picks for next season. Not sure what you guys can trade away to do that because it looks like you have a good enough team to challenge for the WHL this year.

I also heard a very good rumor from 2 sources that have told me to expect at next season's trade deadline to see Brendan Walker end up a Blade

Alot of time between then and now but I guess we will see

lordstanley
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I hear the Blades want to acquire a few more draft picks for next season. Not sure what you guys can trade away to do that because it looks like you have a good enough team to challenge for the WHL this year.

I also heard a very good rumor from 2 sources that have told me to expect at next season's trade deadline to see Brendan Walker end up a Blade

Alot of time between then and now but I guess we will see

Interesting so would walker be 20 next season ? i would sure liek to have a guy like that on the Blades maybe he could center Nicholls and Stransky that is if Nicholls returns or not

mjw22
11-23-2011, 12:16 AM
If the warriors continue to struggle with their defensive zone play which looks like a carry over from last season.I could see them moving someone out and adding a solid veteran d man . Heemskirk bailed them out night after night last year and Seimens is doing it again this year. It may be a lateral type move to wake these D men up. Coach has stated he's not happy with the "learning experience " excuse after the Brandon loss.

patsdude114
11-24-2011, 02:24 AM
I hear the Blades want to acquire a few more draft picks for next season.

not sure why picks would interest the Blades unless they plan on flopping alot of picks to add a few players next season... the picks dont do them any good for the Memorial Cup they want 18yr olds this year so they have a older group next year with lots of 19yr olds.

The picks only pay off down the road long after the Memorial Cup goes thru Stoon.... i didnt see BRN loading up with tons of picks the year before they hosted the Memorial Cup.

The Blades have to make up there mind on Nicholls here shortly, do they take the chance of him returning next year as a 20yr old or do they unload him this yera maybe for a quality 17yr or 18yr old for next season. Its a tough situation forsure especially with the Blades doing good this year again from the stellar play of Makarov. Boy can Mollenken find solid goaltenders.

I dont think the Blades want to see what happened last season where they fell flat on there face in the 2nd round, is there enough there to keep Nicholls & risk him not coming back & then going with pretty much the same team for next season? Or do the Blades trade off a young prospect this year (15 or 16yr old) who will have little impact next season anywyas & bring in a 18yr old who can help this year & be even a bigger part of the team next season. I would look at option 2 to be honest strengthen ur team this year & have that player being a key part of the team next season.

Backhand
11-24-2011, 03:37 AM
I can see the Ice, Americans & Royals trading some 92's as they have 7-8 on their roster and of course can only keep 3 next season.

Joe Hallenback
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
The Blades want draft picks for next year because they plan on going after 3 impact players which is something they lacked that the Wheat Kings had. I think the Blades have better Depth now then the Wheat Kings had before they made all there trades

The Wheat Kings didn't need draft picks because they had a stellar group of 15/16 year olds to trade with. They also acquired 2 top notch Euro's in the off season.

They got
Raedeke for Klarc Wilson
Wiebe for DePape
DeSerres for Rouse
Hamonic for picks + Erhardt

The Blades for instance if they want to go after say Mark McNeil,Ty Rattie and Joe Morrow they would need an abundance of picks and prospects to deal

The Blades depth with those impact type players they would be more than ready for the Mem cup

Western Elite
11-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Blades holes to fill for 2012-2013

Lets say that Josh Nicholls is returned for his 20 year old season.
Here would be the forwards:
Nicholls - 20
Stransky - 19
Sutter - 19
Benson - 19
Olsen -18
Collins - 20
Stovin - 18
Zajac -17
Haas - 18
McEvoy - 18

- This is an area that will need perhaps the most work. This group doesn't really have what you would call a natural, high end goal scorer other than perhaps Nicholls but even he will need some help. With Sutter and Benson looking like the top 2 centers, it seems fairly obvious that Lorne will be looking for a top line center and that is where a player such as Mark McNeill could fit in well. He would form nicely with Nicholls/Stransky on a dynamic top line. I think we could see either Benson or Olsen dealt this year or next as part of a deal in that regard. On the wing, that is where you could see a Ty Rattie brought in if Portland decides to rebuild.

Defense
Siemens - 19
Thrower - 18
Cox - 20
Dietz - 19
Stipancik - 18
Fafard -18
Schmidt - 19

-Saskatoon could use a PP QB for their Mem Cup season and the names of Morrow again if Portland rebuilds or the big one - RYAN MURRAY!! That is a name that has come up in many discussions I've personally had with people closer than I am to this type of thing.

Makarov will be the starter but look for an experienced back up to come on board.

Joe Hallenback
11-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Murray would be ideal but I think he will be playing in the NHL next year

mjw22
11-25-2011, 04:36 PM
There are some guys playing on some "next year" teams that could be moved. now that maxwell has been moved maybe it starts something in the east where its so tight. Theres Bulmer Sundher & Gallimore if those teams go to rebuild mode. Theres Inglis Marincin Braes Sutter Mcneil Maylan Herrod on teams that should rebuild. Teams may try to cash in on some of these guys closer to the deadline .

reims
11-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Blades holes to fill for 2012-2013

Lets say that Josh Nicholls is returned for his 20 year old season.
Here would be the forwards:
Nicholls - 20
Stransky - 19
Sutter - 19
Benson - 19
Olsen -18
Collins - 20
Stovin - 18
Zajac -17
Haas - 18
McEvoy - 18

- This is an area that will need perhaps the most work. This group doesn't really have what you would call a natural, high end goal scorer other than perhaps Nicholls but even he will need some help. With Sutter and Benson looking like the top 2 centers, it seems fairly obvious that Lorne will be looking for a top line center and that is where a player such as Mark McNeill could fit in well. He would form nicely with Nicholls/Stransky on a dynamic top line. I think we could see either Benson or Olsen dealt this year or next as part of a deal in that regard. On the wing, that is where you could see a Ty Rattie brought in if Portland decides to rebuild.

Defense
Siemens - 19
Thrower - 18
Cox - 20
Dietz - 19
Stipancik - 18
Fafard -18
Schmidt - 19

-Saskatoon could use a PP QB for their Mem Cup season and the names of Morrow again if Portland rebuilds or the big one - RYAN MURRAY!! That is a name that has come up in many discussions I've personally had with people closer than I am to this type of thing.

Makarov will be the starter but look for an experienced back up to come on board.

im not so sure benson will be going anywhere...he has a "no trade" cluase....and the rumour last year was he declined a trade to brandon in the schenn deal...with the mem cup being that year I would think he isnt going anywhere....

Backhand
11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
A "no trade" clause is usually for the first 2 years as the player is in school. I'd be surprised if Benson or anyone has a "no trade" for longer than that.

reims
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
A "no trade" clause is usually for the first 2 years as the player is in school. I'd be surprised if Benson or anyone has a "no trade" for longer than that.
You could be right im not sure on the details

patsdude114
11-26-2011, 07:33 PM

A no trade clause in the WHL is only til the player is done school & only the 1st & in some cases 2nd rd picks get these added into there WHL agreement clause. Its a way for the parents to get some stability in their schooling to finish high school away from home. In some cases a no trade clause is only during their 16yr old year.

mjw22
11-27-2011, 03:16 AM
The warriors may be in the market for some new players after losing Kirsch 4-6 weeks and Svendson headed home . A 20 year old spots now open and they'll need some scoring as both were counted on to do that. They only have 12 forwards available now & the rest on the 50 man are 15-17 year olds. Whos available ? Leth PG PA & Everett may want to move some vets.

wombats
12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Charles Inglis out of Prince George is now available. He was sent home by the team for discipline reasons. He had been a healthy scratch a couple of times. Not sure what they are looking for him, but when focused he can score. As well he could be back as an OA next season.

mjw22
12-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Kelowna could leave Bulmer behind when they come to MJ . Has play off experience size and scores . He won't be back next year so I think if Kelowna continues to hang around the 6 -8 spot in the west they'll move him. Probably closer to the trade deadline though.