PDA

View Full Version : Johnstone Injury??

scrawny69
11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know if Johnstone is gonna miss any time after the check from behind he took?
Did the Canes not send the footage into the league office for any discipline action on Rachinski??
Call me a homer if ya want but that check seemed to warrant at least 2-3 games!!??:confused::confused:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I guess we will find out about his status from Pat S in 25 minutes. Johnston is probably our best D-man, and if he was not hurt so much, we could say for sure he is our best D-man. Too bad he seems somewhat injury prone. Our top forward is out for the year, our top D-man is out a lot, and our top goalie was out to lunch.
Not to make excuses, but this team does seem somewhat snakebitten! I wonder what the Canes record would be like if all of our top players were playing every game and if Anderson could have performed like a true #1 type of goalie? :confused:

LethHnds
11-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know if Johnstone is gonna miss any time after the check from behind he took?
Did the Canes not send the footage into the league office for any discipline action on Rachinski??
Call me a homer if ya want but that check seemed to warrant at least 2-3 games!!??:confused::confused:

Johnston has been the best defensman. He is best skater, most skilled and most physical. He hasn't missed many games the last two years considering how physical he is, and that hit from behind was brutal ...It was right in front of me, I was surprised he got up so I wouldn't call him him injury prone. How that wasnt a suspension is beyond me. Looks like he may be back in a week or so and given the hit that is pretty good. After the last game it is clear he is needed on the back end and probably should be playing every second shift. I saw a comment suggesting he will get traded ....wouldn't surprise me if they want a player in return. The other 19 year olds on D would only get us draft picks.

scrawny69
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
SO....Turner Elson will be suspended for his hit from behind on Erkamps (a hit that Erkamps jumps right up from) and still nothing happens to Rachinski for his hit on Johnstone??
Can someone please explain what the powers that be in the whl office are thinkin??

Its bad enough the Ref's in this league are consistantly inconsistant but the disciplanary office needs to pull its head out of its #$$!!!!:burningmad:

mjw22
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Its bad enough the Ref's in this league are consistantly inconsistant but the disciplanary office needs to pull its head out of its #$$!!!!:burningmad:

I agree some of these suspensions are stupid. McIlrath gets 3 for a hit where Cheek jumps up right away.Now any big hit that knocks the guy on his ass is a charging major .:burningmad:

Caniac2007
12-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Graham Hood susp. was classic. 3 games for standing up a potential check. No penalty on the play, but the kid fell and was concussed. I find it funny how Red Deer can run us all over the ice with many cfb's and only one suspension. Hood stands a guy up and gets 3 games.

mjw22
12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Graham Hood susp. was classic. 3 games for standing up a potential check. No penalty on the play, but the kid fell and was concussed. I find it funny how Red Deer can run us all over the ice with many cfb's and only one suspension. Hood stands a guy up and gets 3 games.

The league has gone nuts on hits to the head . I send Emails to the idiots hoping if the get some feed back who knows ? But then again I also wish the Flames didnt suck lol Send a message to Ron Robison/Kevin Muench at info@whl.ca .