PDA

View Full Version : no hit hockey

mjw22
11-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Just putting this out there for comments . Does it seem hitting/good hard body checks are disappearing. Most nights both teams seem more interested in turning away or barely touching the opponent . Is it because the league has gone f###ing overboard on suspensions for everything this year. Last few games I've seen what used to be a decent hit now called roughing charging interference . After the 2 morons ( Howe & Hamm ) I watched put on one of the worst displays of what this league calls officiating I'm thinking Robison would like a league of 5-5 to 5-10 players playing no hit hockey. The players play like they're scared to hit or don't know what's being called one game to the next. Calgary & MJ should both be complaining about last night. Don't get me wrong I like high skill fast tempo hockey but I also want the guys that are supposed to hit to be able to it without fear of penalties/suspensions. :soapbox:

west coast
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
agreed , refs are missing blatant calls and seem to always like to call marginal interference or boarding calls on clean hits- i like a fast game but the big clean hits are what gives hockey excitment, Fans will cheer a big hit as much as a pretty goal , i dont need a loud horn to tell me when to cheer.

reims
11-25-2011, 01:22 AM
agreed , refs are missing blatant calls and seem to always like to call marginal interference or boarding calls on clean hits- i like a fast game but the big clean hits are what gives hockey excitment, Fans will cheer a big hit as much as a pretty goal , i dont need a loud horn to tell me when to cheer.

The refs have been drilled to watch for the checking to the head so much that i think they are missing other things that should be called....hockey canada has gone concusion crazy