PDA

View Full Version : Blades WJHC - Siemens/Nicholls not invited

Western Elite
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I am extremely surprised about Siemens not getting invited. He has played against the other teams top lines all year long and has shut down some of the biggest combo's in the league. Etem's streak was ended due to the defensive play of Siemens and Stone had a streak ended as well due to that matchup. perhaps he wasn't a slam dunk to make the team as an 18 year old dman but to not even get an invite is pure ridiculous. Even more so by seeing some of the other names on the list.

Josh Nicholls, I can understand how he wasn't named as he was a bubble guy. He likely would've played well in a 3rd -4th line checking roll and been used as a PK guy.

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 11:00 AM
I guess they don't need a hard brusing dman who plays like scott stevens and was drafted in the first round last year, guess he wasn't good enough what a fricken joke Ryan Murray gets the invite who is injured right now though

Well lets hope Makarov and Stransky make there teams

Western Elite
11-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Stransky supposably won't be invited by the Czech Squad this year. They are taking an all 19 year old team apparently.

As for Makarov - he should have a great chance to be one of the 2 goalies. Looks like what could've been 4 WJHC Blade players will turn in to 1.

witness
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
To be honest, I thought Siemens struggled in Regina. He didn't handle the speed of the Russians well. The best d-man on the ice was Dumba, by far.

I thought that Nicholls had a good game. I would much rather have Nicholls and Weal on my team than Gallagher. The guy never passed the puck once.

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Dumba is great and deserves no question about it Siemens was weak in Regina and this past weekend looked very slow and average other than that the kid has been great next year Siemens should be a shoe in to make the team

Joe Hallenback
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I thought Siemens was poor when he played which is suprising because he has looked really good this year. Nicholls is a bubble player and didn't really show much

Murray has been a top end guy when he has played for Canada before so I am sure that has alot to do with it.

Pretty sure Siemens will be there next year anyway

curwie
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Not really surprised about Nicholls. He just wouldn't fit the role of a checker in the WJHC tourney. He plays to soft for that role.

Siemens on the other hand is a little more surprising. I will trust Don Hays judgement though, cause he's a great coach.

Rebelsfan13
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I hope Dumba makes it! Especially since someone last year predicted that he would even if everyone laughed at me when I said it.

PJ Awesome
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
You're ****ing kidding me right? pathetic...This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I was really looking forward to this years Worlds because I was so sure, at least that Duncan would make it...wow.

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
You're ****ing kidding me right? pathetic...This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I was really looking forward to this years Worlds because I was so sure, at least that Duncan would make it...wow.

Duncan **** the bed in the canada russia subway series i guess that mini series means more than i thought it would not to worry duncan is only 18 and will probably make it next season

Rebelsfan13
11-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Hopefully for Lord Stanley's sake Dumba doesn't make it so he doesn't have to eat his Blades jersey.

PJ Awesome
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Duncan **** the bed in the canada russia subway series i guess that mini series means more than i thought it would not to worry duncan is only 18 and will probably make it next season

I guess...no he didn't play that great but come on..I can't believe this team just got wiped out of the WJ's. Well at least Makarov is suiting up for Russia, at least I'd assume..

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah Makarov has a great chance at making Russia here's to hoping as for Stransky making team slovakia you never know

Regardless if makarov makes russia or not i still think the Blades need to make a deal for a older backup just in case makarov makes russia or gets hurt down the road

hotdog-pocket
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Say what you want about Siemens play in the super series, yeah he wasn't great.

But the game that he played with Dumba as a pairing, Siemens constantly had to hold back and try to make up for Dumba's mistakes. Dumba was running around constantly in those games.

He seems like a tough partner to be paired with.

Siemens play overall this year should speak for itself. As mentioned, he has put up some amazing performances against top players in this league this season like Etem's point streak being snapped that one game.

I caught the game online from Saturday against the Giants and it seemed like siemens did a great job all night against Gallagher, too. Weird that Hay wouldn't have seem that and maybe given him a look.

fro14
11-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Siemens has not looked good at all this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been to almost every game!!! YOU PPL MUST NOT WATCH ANY GAMES!! AND THE SUPER SERIES DOESNT MAKE OR BREAK IT FOR YOU!!! THEY HAVE SCOUTS AT GAMES OTHER THEN THAT!! YOU PPL ARE FUNNY :groovy:

Backhand
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Duncan is a great player but I see 2 areas that need improving - on the offensive blue line he tends to force the puck into an opposing player which causes a turnover and his first pass out of the D-zone doesn't connect enough times. Hockey Canada + turnovers + icing = no invite

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Duncan is a great player but I see 2 areas that need improving - on the offensive blue line he tends to force the puck into an opposing player which causes a turnover and his first pass out of the D-zone doesn't connect enough times. Hockey Canada + turnovers + icing = no invite

Duncan has been good all year just not good when it matters most like the can russ series and this past weekend with don hay in town kind of like the blades not good when it matters most

Rebelsfan13
11-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Hot dog didn't you say that someone like Siemens would be ahead of Dumba last year? No wonder you are throwing him under the bus....

hotdog-pocket
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Hot dog didn't you say that someone like Siemens would be ahead of Dumba last year? No wonder you are throwing him under the bus....

What?