PDA

View Full Version : Dumba!

Rebelsfan13
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Congratulations on your WJHC camp invite, make the team and do the Rebels proud!

Red celtic
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes I would also like to congratulate both Matt Dumba and Alex Petrovic on their selection to try out for Team Canada. Since this is a tournament that show cases the 18-19 yr old player Dumba will have a harder hill to climb. Alex on the other hand has a very good chance to be on team Canada.

Rebelsfan13
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes way to go Petro as well, didn't see his name on the list on my first glance. Good luck to you both!

patsdude114
12-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Dumba is a true treat to watch, on Saturday nite when ur Rebels were in Regina he was by far the best skater on the ice for the Rebels. The goal he scored to start things off was an absoluate blast that very few goalies would of had a chance on, he didnt get a chance to lay anyone out as the Pats were very aware when he was on the ice, he makes Petrovic look below avg & thats not taking anything away from Petrovic at all.

mjw22
12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Dumba is a true treat to watch, on Saturday nite when ur Rebels were in Regina he was by far the best skater on the ice for the Rebels. The goal he scored to start things off was an absoluate blast that very few goalies would of had a chance on, he didnt get a chance to lay anyone out as the Pats were very aware when he was on the ice, he makes Petrovic look below avg & thats not taking anything away from Petrovic at all.

Got to see Dumba tonight great skater wicked shot . Rd has pretty good speed hard to figure how their winless in 10 . Petrovic must have gotten those 300 + pm all as minors .Down 2-0 in first 4 min Beach calls him out twice on the same shift and again on the next and he won't go :o not like it was McIlrath. :D

SectionNDeserter
12-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Beach calls him out twice on the same shift and again on the next and he won't goThe Rebels are soon going to run out of APs to call up to play for the players they have out, they really don't need Petrovic breaking his hand on some meathead or getting a concussion for no good reason.

mjw22
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
The Rebels are soon going to run out of APs to call up to play for the players they have out, they really don't need Petrovic breaking his hand on some meathead or getting a concussion for no good reason.

I guess any excuse is a good excuse when you're chicken. must have been why he wouldn't fight after the cheap shot on Beach last year lol

SectionNDeserter
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Petrovic is a blue-chip NHL prospect, and has a chance of playing in the NHL next season. Beach will crack the AHL if he is lucky, and will probably find him self in the ECHL next season or the following season. What exactly does Petrovic stand to gain by fighting him?

A few times during the last few seasons I saw Locke Muller challenge Howden to a fight, and he declined. Does that make Howden a chicken too?

sbtatter
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I guess any excuse is a good excuse when you're chicken. must have been why he wouldn't fight after the cheap shot on Beach last year lol

Is the fact that Beach runs from ferland all the time this season means you think he's a chicken as well then?

mjw22
12-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Petrovic is a blue-chip NHL prospect, and has a chance of playing in the NHL next season. Beach will crack the AHL if he is lucky, and will probably find him self in the ECHL next season or the following season. What exactly does Petrovic stand to gain by fighting him?

A few times during the last few seasons I saw Locke Muller challenge Howden to a fight, and he declined. Does that make Howden a chicken too?

Howden doesnt have 300 pm get real

Beach at least attempted to fight Ferland got his ass kicked
Ferland has declined McIlrath so is he chicken probably not but he & McIlrath aren't in the cheap shot category as the other two . This goes back to the head shot in MJ on Beach by Petrochicken last year . this is why the instigator rule should go.

SectionNDeserter
12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Howden doesnt have 300 pm get realNeither does Muller, he has 105. Howden has 115! I don't know why he doesn't fight Muller, must be chicken...

Tamal_SC
12-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Got to see Dumba play in SC last night and I agree with some of the previous comments made about him. You can see that he is a strong skater and although I think he only really let one shot go, you could tell he has a thunderous shot. He only really tried to deliver one big check but was always physical in moving people from in front of his goalie. He wasn't a big factor on the stat sheet but logged a ton of minutes and was solid all night. Future looks good for him.

mjw22
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Neither does Muller, he has 105. Howden has 115! I don't know why he doesn't fight Muller, must be chicken...

subject was Beach vs petrochicken so I guess the way you deal with it is to change the subject to something else ? :D

SectionNDeserter
12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
subject was Beach vs petrochicken so I guess the way you deal with it is to change the subject to something else ?Not really. Beach is to Petrovic, as Muller is to Howden. Seems more like you are changing the subject. :D

mjw22
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Not really. Beach is to Petrovic, as Muller is to Howden. Seems more like you are changing the subject. :D

Duh ? Beach fights Petrochicken fights - anyone but beach . Apples to apples here :D

Rebelsfan13
12-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Tough break Matt, if you're playing in the dub next year you will dominate this tournament! Way to do the Rebels proud!

witness
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
The politics of team Canada are brutal. Some evaluation camp. These players were cut before they even showed up.

From the select game in Regina (where Dumba was the best player on the ice) to the scrimages (where Dumba didn't hurt himself), they are all for show.

Keeping spots open for injured players?????

Dumba will be like Segin and Nuge. He will skip Team Canada and move right into the NHL as an 18 year old.

patsdude114
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
i dont even know why Team Canada has a selection camp, they know who is going to be the top 9 fwds & in most cases prob the top 10 fwds & top 5 Dmen inviting 40+ players for what 3 maybe 4 spots at the most is kind of stupid.

I love this tournament but i hate how Hockey Canada does stuff, which is part of the reason Weal has never got an invite to this camp cuz after his last stint with Team Canada U17's i have heard rumors not sure the truth to them but it would make abit of sense since he has never had the chance to play again for Team Canada is that Weal himself expressed to Hockey Canada how stupid they are at how they run things.

How do u keep a player off the roster who has already past 1 of the Team Canada's best ever players in Jordan Eberle in all time points in the Pats franchise & did it in 16 less games. Im not saying Weal is better then Eberle as both play different games, Eberle a pure goal scorer & Weal is an assist king. But it truely does make u wonder *** HOCKEY CANADA really does.

Dumba is easily 1 of the top 5 Dmen in the WHL (& the best in his age group) his shot is the best from the point in the league, no player in the Eastern Conference anyways has a shot like he does.

As bad as it is to say but it needs to be done so Hockey Canada can finally owe up to its huge mistakes is for Team Canada to fall flat on its face & not even win a medal this year while its being hosted in Canada. The media would be putting that stupid fool who runs Hockey Canada under the microscope, blogs around would be tearing that fool a new asshole.

sbtatter
12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Dumba is easily 1 of the top 5 Dmen in the WHL (& the best in his age group) his shot is the best from the point in the league, no player in the Eastern Conference anyways has a shot like he does.

Pulock's got a harder shot than Dumba

patsdude114
12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Pulock's got a harder shot than Dumba

he sure didnt last year but i guess it is possible havent seen Pulock play yet this year i guess time will tell for me to asset that, so far hands down Dumba has the hardest shot (of shots i have seen)

SectionNDeserter
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Pulock's got a harder shot than DumbaI don't think he ever claimed that he had the hardest shot, he just said it was the best.

SectionNDeserter
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
so far hands down Dumba has the hardest shot (of shots i have seen)Hehe, ok, I guess he did now. ;) He has a pretty hard shot, but I think what sets him apart from other players is that he needs very little room to get it away.