PDA

View Full Version : Weal!! passed over again

RWAH
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
The title says it all. Jordan for three years (on under performing teams) has been in the top scorers in the league. What does he need to do for an invite "drive the bus too". This omission is a black mark on Hockey Canada.

Sudzy
11-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Not surprising, same reason he was overlooked in previous years, size.

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
I didn't think he would make it either he is to small and wont be able to play a mans game along the side of guys like stone howden ferland etc

RWAH
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
That the same B*** S*** that said he will never play in the WHL, too small. Play he did and has been and is amoung the top scorers for three seasons with and with out Eberly. They changed the rules and let the small skilled player back in the game.
I agree you don't want a complete team that size but a team can have 1 or 2small players. You don't need all 24 to be 6 foot 1 and 210 lbs

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Gallagher is 5'6. Schwartz will be the softest player on the team. Not to mention lots of O and Q players who only get pumped for powerplays and dont throw body checks were invited too.

Weal has always been good in the corners, and takes hits to make plays, so its not entirely size and softness...Perhaps it was an attitude thing, or maybe something else in his game that hockey canada didnt like. Politics mightve played in...who knows, they have before.(see: Schwartz, Beaches, etc)

Either way, this is good for the pats. They should take advantage of the extra value and trade him early(which they should; even if this is a good team it isnt their year). Young guys can play a bigger role, the building plan gets going and new additions can get acclimated while some teams are missing their star players to this tourny.

patsdude114
11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
The world juniors are all hockey politics Weal never had a chance to crack or get an invite anyways, he isnt a 1st or 2nd round pick. Just like last year a very good example is they choose Ashton over Hopkins, Ashton was not a top player in the WHL at age 19 but cuz he was a 1st round pick due to his size not his skill he had a better chance at making the team.

I love this tournament dont get me wrong but its not always the best players that get a look.

This year for example from the WHL players selected Weal has way more pure skill then Ross, McNeill & Bulmer, but also keep in mind that if he wasnt going to be a top 6 forward needed for scoring there is no need to even invite him cuz he is not a checker or energy player.

Still think at the bare min a invite was warranted for his skill level the past few years. Im just glad McIlrath didnt get invited he would of been a worse invite then having Teubert making Team Canada in back to back years.

Lang has to make a decision here in the next 5 to 6 weeks on what he is doing with Weal, if he keeps Weal he MUST bring in another guy who can score cuz if u keep him u MUST make the playoffs no questions asked. Trading Weal loooks like the best option though altho with the excitement in the city for the Pats this year it could send the wrong message to fans (errr part time fans) to the commitment to win.

I know tons of people who enjoy going to Pats games again this year cuz its an exciting style of hockey being played instead of the boring style Hunt played. Trading away Weal may change these part time fans minds on the team yet again & they are the walk up money for the team. Without the walkup money the team wouldnt make much if any of a profit just with the season ticket holders.

west coast
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Weal should have at the very least , been invited to camp.I am a little surprised .However , like SAJ stated, it is good for Regina, they keep Weal in the their lineup.It has been a while since a Pats player has not been selected to play for team Canada.The Pats have annually gone into the tank when their best players have been playing in the world championships.Weal is a good skater , a great playmaker but the snub probably reflects on his attitude and lack of size.

mjw22
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Team Canada's loss could it be the Warriors gain? We need a scorer & Lang would know the prospects he'd get he drafted most of them. Would Parker have the guts to ok the deal. Plus we have guys to protect Weal something he never had in Regina lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Considering the fact that the pats still have quite a few games left with Moose Jaw, and that the pats could even face in the first round this year if they make the playoffs, it would have to be higher than a standard blockbuster trade.

Not to mention Moose Jaw probably doesnt want to face a top young player like Hansen for example in Regina...especially if the playoff run ends up a dud.

Its ideal to trade with a different conference, or whoever has the best offer. I could see Portland wanting a proven top center, or maybe Red Deer...though those teams are already pretty good.

mjw22
11-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Not to mention Moose Jaw probably doesnt want to face a top young player like Hansen for example in Regina

No way would I put Hansen in a deal for Weal or anyone else. This kid is gonna be good. Maybe White one of our 2- 17 year old d-men we've also got 2 1st round picks from last year. Don't over value Weal he won't have the team Canada value attached to him to increase his value may hurt it.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
No way would I put Hansen in a deal for Weal or anyone else. This kid is gonna be good. Maybe White one of our 2- 17 year old d-men we've also got 2 1st round picks from last year. Don't over value Weal he won't have the team Canada value attached to him to increase his value may hurt it.

Semantics. Which ever player is not the point, but if Moose Jaw wants Weal, they are going to have to listen to what the pats want, or the trade wont happen. The Pats arent going to compromise for Moose Jaw.

As for world juniors, it doesnt mean he is chopped liver. The kid got 300 points in 3 seasons on the friggin pats.

Of course this all probably wont happen anyways. So im just going to take Point and a couple firsts and say thank you.

mjw22
11-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Of course this all probably wont happen anyways. So im just going to take Point and a couple firsts and say thank you.

If the decision is Langs it might. I would think he would want 16 -17 year olds to fit your roster . Like White Brown 1 player on our list and maybe a 1st rounder dont see him worth much more . There are other guys out there almost as good who might be cheaper.Thank you

patsdude114
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM
MJ will be the last place Weal will end up so there is no need to even worry about it, its going to take a quality prospect to get Weal out of Regina something the Warriors will not want to give up to Regina for the years down the road. So this talk of Weal to MJ is pointless & dumb....end of story!

Look at Weal going to Red Deer if anywhere our Head Scout came from Red Deer he knows that franchise inside & out, or maybe even Edmonton with them landing Maxwell they are look to be serious for the 1st time in there franchise at making a push to be a legit contender. Weal with Maxwell would really help push there offense over the top.

RWAH
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
They have 2 - 95 born centres in their rooster and both are quality player. They may trade one of them (Petan and De Leo) Either could be a first or second line centre