PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Trade Vanscourt

Wildeyes
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Moose Jaw, SK.--- The Moose Jaw Warriors have acquired 19 yr old defenseman Tyler Vanscourt from the Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for a 4th and 5th round pick in the 2013 Bantam Draft. Vanscourt, standing 5’11” and weighing 180 lbs, has notched 7 goals and added 10 assists in his 26 games with the Raiders this season

Tyler will report to the Warriors this afternoon and is expected to be in the line up tonight when the Warriors take on the Vancouver Giants.

------------------------------------

Prince Albert SK – The Prince Albert Raiders announced that they have acquired a fourth round draft pick and a fifth round draft pick in the 2013 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft from the Moose Jaw Warriors, in exchange for 19-year-old defenceman Tyler Vanscourt.

The Raiders acquired Vanscourt on September 15th in a trade that sent 18-year-old goaltender Luke Lee-Knight to the Spokane Chiefs. In 26 games this season, the Corona, California native scored 7 goals and added 10 assists while collecting 25 penalty minutes.

“With four 1992 born defenceman on our roster, this move allows us to accumulate draft picks and provides more opportunity for the progression of Josh Morrissey and Sawyer Lange”, said Raiders General Manager Bruno Campese. “We would like to thank Tyler for his contributions to our organization during his time as a Raider, and wish him all the best in Moose Jaw.”

lordstanley
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Thats a good start now maybe they can trade Herrod corbin and maybe McNeil it's a start though gives more ice time to guys like lange lamotange and Morrisey thats good

Dwight Schrute
11-29-2011, 06:05 PM
a 4th and 5th ? wow
what next....... mcneill for a 2nd ?

Raider Believer
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
a 4th and 5th ? wow
what next....... mcneill for a 2nd ?

I'm a little concerned that we are losing his offensive flair. He did have 17 points. Who will replace those points?

I agree we are log jammed with the 92 age group. Who will we keep for 20 year olds next year? Anyone on the current roster? Maybe not, none of them are especially good to warrant keeping.

This year is a write off, and I hate to say it .... but next year looks pretty grim without McNeill and the current 20 year olds. Is Yaworski the guy we build the defense around?

Dwight Schrute
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm a little concerned that we are losing his offensive flair. He did have 17 points. Who will replace those points?

I agree we are log jammed with the 92 age group. Who will we keep for 20 year olds next year? Anyone on the current roster? Maybe not, none of them are especially good to warrant keeping.

This year is a write off, and I hate to say it .... but next year looks pretty grim without McNeill and the current 20 year olds. Is Yaworski the guy we build the defense around?
i would look at moving corbin. keeping yaworski to protect the kids. put all the 93,92, and 91's on the table and see where the offers fall. i also wouldnt feel going going into next year with 2 19 year old goalies.

does anybody feel 17 pts in 25 games from a dman is only worth a 4th and 5th ? we originally traded a 5th and a list goalie for him

Sttop
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
They got a fair return . Vanscourt needed to move you could see he was not liked on the team.

HockeyGuru
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
I think a little off ice problems were the end of Vanscourt in P.A.

Last place overall at least gets you a chance to draft Mathew Barzal from BWC,the next Nugent-Hopkins.He will probably pull a Gilbert Brule and manipulate the draft process though and pick and choose where he wants to play.

Yaworksi,Corbin,Bourhais,Hart as 20 yr olds now thats fricken embarrassing.

Herrod,Maylan and Tochkin need to be shipped for anything.I can see teams wanting Herrod but the other 2 guys won't have much market due to their lack of compete and character(teams who make playoffs have that).

Some younger pieces are there Morrisey,Gardiner,Mahura(maybe)Danyluk and Winther but no depth on their list after that.Lange,Berry(is he still on team)Perraux,Knowler,Braid,Hlinka are guys who you probably don't win too many championships or even games with.

the voice
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I have to disagree....for now. I think this team has lots of depth in the younger players, unfortunately it's in the development stage. It's a big step from being good AAA players (most of our 15-16-17 year olds were) to being contributing WHL players. The good thing about a bad situation we're in is that these younger players will now develop faster than if we were a top of the standings team. See where the development is by year end. I believe it will progress and we'll know better then what the next 2 seasons will look like. I hope the fans support the rest of the season and the younger players start to show flashes of their talent and begin the transition to the exciting team I believe they'll be. I look at the Edmonton Oilers (not that we have Taylor Hall here). I enjoyed watching that young team play because you expected to see some flashes of brilliance and weren't expecting wins as they developed. I hope that we get to that point that some of these Raider players start to excite us as the wins start happening. It takes patience and I know it's wearing thin with some fans.

puckdad
11-30-2011, 12:24 PM
"Off ice problems" ??

HockeyGuru
11-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes off ice problems.It doesnt take long for a story/gossip to get around PA on what happened after Saturdays game!!!

The story about to many 92 d-men is a good coverup.

Raider Believer
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I have to disagree....for now. I think this team has lots of depth in the younger players, unfortunately it's in the development stage. It's a big step from being good AAA players (most of our 15-16-17 year olds were) to being contributing WHL players. The good thing about a bad situation we're in is that these younger players will now develop faster than if we were a top of the standings team. See where the development is by year end. I believe it will progress and we'll know better then what the next 2 seasons will look like. I hope the fans support the rest of the season and the younger players start to show flashes of their talent and begin the transition to the exciting team I believe they'll be. I look at the Edmonton Oilers (not that we have Taylor Hall here). I enjoyed watching that young team play because you expected to see some flashes of brilliance and weren't expecting wins as they developed. I hope that we get to that point that some of these Raider players start to excite us as the wins start happening. It takes patience and I know it's wearing thin with some fans.

Voice, What you have just written would be - and is, an appropriate description of the Raiders 4 years ago, and once again today. Under Campese's stewardship these past 4 plus years, we are 'back to the future'. When will you admit that the Campese years have been a disaster? Or does your position with the team preclude such damning admissions? :p

the voice
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Nope. Not involved at all. But not around that many years so then I may not bleed quite as hard yet as many of you who've grown up here. Just basing what I see more in future than present, and definitely not on the past. I tend to see the glass half full. Learnt that from being a Rider fan. I avoid driving myself crazy in this hockey world by holding out hope rather than getting down about something I don't control. There.....that's my speech. I keep negative thoughts to myself and express what I see as positives in case it helps. I do try to base it on what I believe however. I will enjoy it when it turns around.

Sttop
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Good post !

AAAScout
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
well, vanscourt and his off ice issues are gone, now .........this group is not a good "team" even if they had more talent it wouldn't matter with the problems off the ice and lack of effort.

Next year can't be worse, I think a 4th and 5th for vanscourt is plenty for a guy on his third team in a year.............do the math people obviously issues!! it's not always about what happens on the ice.

GO RAIDERS GO!!

Dwight Schrute
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Herrod,Maylan and Tochkin need to be shipped for anything.I can see teams wanting Herrod but the other 2 guys won't have much market due to their lack of compete and character(teams who make playoffs have that).

i would disagree with you about maylan. he has seemed to always show a high compete level and work ethic.
off ice issues would make sense as to the value recieved by pa.

the voice
11-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok, it was harder to be upbeat in this MJAW game. Must be showcasing certain players. Only reason for short bench at this stage. Way too many perimeter shots. No chemistry as in tic tac toe passes. Always stuck on tic. The sun will come up again tomorrow.

mjw22
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Off ice issues reflect back to coach management and team leaders. A strong team environment usually eliminates that.Something that it appears PA is in short supply of.

Raider Believer
12-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Off ice issues reflect back to coach management and team leaders. A strong team environment usually eliminates that.Something that it appears PA is in short supply of.

EXACTLY! EXACTLY!

Raider Believer
12-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Ok, it was harder to be upbeat in this MJAW game. Must be showcasing certain players. Only reason for short bench at this stage. Way too many perimeter shots. No chemistry as in tic tac toe passes. Always stuck on tic. The sun will come up again tomorrow.

A short bench is the norm in recent years. But yes, the sun will come up again tomorrow. And in the great scheme of things, that is what really matters .... oops, your sunny disposition is starting to rub off ! LOL :D

the voice
12-01-2011, 07:39 AM
See....isn't it pretty. On a serious note (frown face on now), I am concerned about the posts starting to bring up off ice issues. A team that sticks together in tough times can change things around. If that unity is missing or gone, the danger is not only losing players by trade or graduation, but current players and future prospects looking for other options. Let's not add fuel to the fire by publishing off ice crap....it will only make it worse.

Sabes
12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
See....isn't it pretty. On a serious note (frown face on now), I am concerned about the posts starting to bring up off ice issues. A team that sticks together in tough times can change things around. If that unity is missing or gone, the danger is not only losing players by trade or graduation, but current players and future prospects looking for other options. Let's not add fuel to the fire by publishing off ice crap....it will only make it worse.

Well said

Raider Believer
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Current and future players looking for other options is nothing new under the Campese stewardship. The last 3 years has seen a number of players either leave or ask to be traded. In the spirit of not 'adding fuel to the fire', I won't list them by name, and I would hazard a guess that most of the posters remember who they are/were anyway. I am less concerned about postings expressing concerns about off ice issues than I am about posters who have their head stuck in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the very chronic and real problems with this team ... that being leadership. In hockey terms, leadership starts with the GM and coach. It is time for a change, unless we just want more of the same. Bruno Campese sold everyone on a 5 year plan. Guess what? 4 1/2 years have gone by, and as of this morning, the Prince Albert Raiders have the worst winning percentage in the entire Western Hockey League. A good definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again, stay the course and expect a different result.

mjw22
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Maybe that's why your team is where it is . Too many people burying their heads in the sand hoping the problems will just disappear.

the voice
12-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Current and future players looking for other options is nothing new under the Campese stewardship. The last 3 years has seen a number of players either leave or ask to be traded. In the spirit of not 'adding fuel to the fire', I won't list them by name, and I would hazard a guess that most of the posters remember who they are/were anyway. I am less concerned about postings expressing concerns about off ice issues than I am about posters who have their head stuck in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the very chronic and real problems with this team ... that being leadership. In hockey terms, leadership starts with the GM and coach. It is time for a change, unless we just want more of the same. Bruno Campese sold everyone on a 5 year plan. Guess what? 4 1/2 years have gone by, and as of this morning, the Prince Albert Raiders have the worst winning percentage in the entire Western Hockey League. A good definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again, stay the course and expect a different result.

There. Hopefully other people take your lead and give opinions without the tabloid gossip. Freedom of the press without slander is healthier.