PDA

View Full Version : Weal predictions...

patsdude114
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
These next 6 games are the make it or break it point for the Pats involving Weal, 4 of the 6 are against division rivals (which are all on the road) the Pats need to win 4 of these next 6 for any hope in hell that Weal sticks around if we lose 4 Weal will be gone before the xmas roster freeze, Lang wont wait around just like he did last year with Ashton.

So where does Weal go???

Sttop
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I think either Weal or Mcneill will end up in Red Deer. I could only imagine how many calls Lange and Campese will be getting on these 2.

RWAH
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I know it will depend on the offers, both bodies and draft picks, but if I was trading I would like to trade with the other conference. Some one (Pats Dude) I think already posted earlier that if it was in this conference Red Deer would be a natural as our head scout is from there and will know the players and prospects. The primary choice should be BC or the US.

patsdude114
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I think alot is going to depend on these next 6 games when & if Weal is dealt, as exciting it is to watch the Pats play this year mainly cuz of what us Pats fans have been used to for the past 5 yrs of so it is easy for us to get caught up that we do have a good team & easy for us to say why not just add a scorer to help Weal.... but in reality we r still in a rebuild phase which many may not agree with cuz of how old our roster is but it isnt so much of restocking with youth as it is just restocking with players that can actually play....

this franchise was completely ruined by Parker who every year thought he had the team if he just added a marquee player, this team in recent years only had front end talent & no depth, Lang has been trying to rebuild the depth in the franchise & Weal is the final piece to add what is needed (since Parker dropped the ball with Eberle & Teubert)

I think Lang has to look at trading Jobke, Davidson & Hewitt all 3 will have market value on them. Some may be asking my why trade Hewitt when he is only 19 & can be a legit 20yr old starter, yes this is very true but look at how well Beukeboom has played in his starts which he has only faced top legit teams (KTN, RD, MJ, POR & in relief in TC) he is 0-4 yes but put into terms who he has faced & his SV% is .897 which is very solid.

Davidson & Jobke both could bring back a roster player & a pick or 2 (depending on which rounds) the Pats have depth on D Williams could easily be brought up who really should of made this team anyways if it wasnt for Burroughs & Peel (& yes Peel is finally growing on me his play has dramiticly improved) plus could always bring back Bortsmayer if it was needed.

As much as the playoffs are important to this franchise i truely feel that Lang doesnt want to go off track of what he has in plan with the franchise in getting it back on course. Conacher & staff are here for the long haul u can tell just how the players are responding to them that this will be a winning franchise could be as early as next season. It is hard to say throw this season away & i dont want to come across as saying that but with trading away Weal, Davidson, Jobke & even Hewitt & bringing in a roster player from every deal along with adding quality picks or even list players, it will bring back competition within the organization & send out players who are just occupying a spot on the roster due to an age ratio.

As much as im sick & tired of getting rolled over by MJ, BRN, SAS of our division i can handle the rest of this year with it if things are done right. Parker (& to some degree Hunt) plain & simple F'd up this franchise so badly & left Lang a complete mess to deal with. I want the true rivialrys back with all 3 teams listed above where truely any team out there could possibly win the game. Its almost back to that now as the Pats have played a few solid games against MJ & SAS this year the team that scares me the most is BRN, BRN has given us so many beatings in the last 4yrs & very embarrassing beatings, im not saying this Pats team is as bad as those past 1s cuz its not but this weekend heading into BRN on sunday on 3games in 3nites for us im not expecting it to be pretty at all.

If the trades are done right you could see some new depth players in the lineup & our depth players as of now out the door (Martell, Ouellette, Rieder, & possibly Olstad altho Olstad has been our best role player this year & could be a surprise 20yr old due to his size & speed).

I could also see Bidlevskii being moved in a swap of 20yr olds kind of like the Delahey deal a couple years ago. It would be a huge shake up to the roster but it would also send a msg to the players & to the fans that yes Lang wants to complete this rebuild phase & do it right. Just cuz u could see the key veterns of this team being dealt doesnt mean the season would be a complete right off either, playoffs could still be a possibly as just squeaking in but it would be best for the franchise.

In all honesty though i dont think Hewitt will be moved he will be here to give some stability to the goaltending after some key vets are dealt.

mjw22
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Such passion you really do hate Parker :D We're gonna send you White Gwinner a 1st & 3rd

RWAH
12-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Assuming the trade would enclude a rooster player coming our way, and a slow morning at the office, I offer this research for all to comment on
I looked at only 95 born players on the contending teams
Portland C - De Leo 13 points from Calf
C - Petan 18 Delta BC
D - Viveiros 0 Edm
Tricity C - Williams 9 Calf
Spokan D - Fram 3 Delta
D - King 1 White City SK
Kamloops C - Needham 13 Penticton
LW - Ully 6 Calgary
Vancou C - Ast 5 Richmond
RW - Houck 6 North Van
Edm C - Benson 1 Edmonton
C - Lazar 16 Vernon
D - Geertsen 1 Rocky Rapid AB.
Koot C - Descheneau 5 Edm
C - S Reinhart 28 Van
C - Martin 2 Winn
D - Wand 1 S'toon
Food for thought.
I am still of the opinion that we could get either De Leo or Petan if we trade with Portland
As always love reading other opinions

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I went with MJ. I think they have alot of assets and adding a top notch center is exactly what they need to go over the top.

Western Elite
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
My best guess as to a potential suitor for Jordan Weal would be the Portland Winterhawks. The Winterhawks lack a true top line center to play with Rattie, Bartschi, Gabriel and Ross who are all wingers.

Jordan Weal

For

Brandon Leipsic, D- Zach Patterson(96), 1st rd in '13 and another prospect

witness
12-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Jordan Weal

For

I'd take that deal.

I agree that Portland would be kicking the tires. With the players that they have, they only need a couple of pieces to put them over the top.

The same can be said about Kamloops. I wonder if one team would pay a little more in order for the other not to get Weal? As much as I hate to see him go. I love his compete level. And he is, without a doubt, one of the high end talents in the WHL.

In order to make any deals, there needs to be some '93s and '94s on the table. The Pats need to get a face lift in those age groups.

Western Elite
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Possible Kamloops deal could be:

Jordan Weal

For

94-F Logan McVeigh or 94-D Brady Gaudet
96-D Jordan Thomson or 95-F Matt Needham

Some combination of two of those players plus a 1st round '13

Bepoleon
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Jordan Weal

For

Exactly what I was thinking. Weal for Leipsic and a couple draft picks.

RWAH
12-01-2011, 02:46 PM
De Leo has the same points and a year younger and they are both the same size?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
If we are going to trade Weal, we should try to find a package that more addresses this team's organizational weaknesses. Leipsic is more of the same...Feisty but small.

If you ask me, the roster player we get back should be either a good '93 defenceman(instead of getting a cheap one for a 5th in the offseason), or perhaps a young center with size and top 6 upside. A 1st is essential, as is some sort of quality young player. Unlike the Eakin trade, Id like to see quality over quantity coming our way.

There are alot of variables involved, and trying to pinpoint the right prospect in itself is tough anyways...but I think id like to see a big defenceman. Since Borstmayer didnt work out, we'll need a potential crease clearing guy to complement the talented D prospects.

patsdude114
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
If we are going to trade Weal, we should try to find a package that more addresses this team's organizational weaknesses. Leipsic is more of the same...Feisty but small.

If you ask me, the roster player we get back should be either a good '93 defenceman(instead of getting a cheap one for a 5th in the offseason), or perhaps a young center with size and top 6 upside. A 1st is essential, as is some sort of quality young player. Unlike the Eakin trade, Id like to see quality over quantity coming our way.

There are alot of variables involved, and trying to pinpoint the right prospect in itself is tough anyways...but I think id like to see a big defenceman. Since Borstmayer didnt work out, we'll need a potential crease clearing guy to complement the talented D prospects.

I agree completely with u a big Dman with alot of upside is the way to go we have the youth forwards in Klimchuk, Hunt, Mclean, Volek & those 2 winnipeg kids from last years bantam draft (dont want to search there names & cant remember them off hand call me lazy if u want) the Dmen we have on the youth side are all puck mving Dmen in Burroughs, Williams & Peel (those r the 3 main guys to lead this D core into the future)

But in all honesty lets just get the best player availble in a potential Weal deal, if (when) Lang trades Weal he must look at trading Davidson & Jobke as well can get a young Dman in return for 1 of them as well, i can see a deal for Davidson kind of like what we got for Frazee last year & actually KAM would be an ideal place for Davidson to end up as they only have two 20yr olds unless they fill it with a 20yr old scorer but lets face it this year 20yr old scorers are very tough to come by as there really isnt any this year.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I am conflicted with Davidson being traded. I think youre right about the Frazee trade package comparisons, but he is far and away our best defenceman

One thing is for sure, I think if Davidson goes, I feel Jobke would have to stay or we would basically fall to Lethbridge status in 10 games. It would be interesting to see if Jobke could fill his shoes. They are both similar all around guys, and if Davy came back for his OA, perhaps Jobke could too. I know free agent contracts can go either way sometimes, but unlike Davidson, Jobke has playoff experience and played in this league at 17.

west coast
12-02-2011, 05:34 PM
i really believe that the Pats must trade Weal before the deadline.I dont feel that Weal would fit in with Portland as the Winterhawks are all about size.Weal should go to the highest bidder.I could see the Ice presenting a package such as Hurley 93 Skapski 94 and a draft pick

patsdude114
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't see the Ice making any big splash with trades this year, if anything the Ice will add a depth Dman there a very solid team all around & don't need another big name trade like last season with Eakin. Just don't think there willing to go 2 yrs in a row with no 1st round pick (as I'm pretty sure they did deal a 1st to SC)

They weren't expecting Luiwen back this year he kind of fell into there laps. I still strongly feel that RD will be the team they have a lot of youth on the roster & lack a true #1 center but I do agree that he doesn't really fit into how the Portland team is built but that could also just be throwing us all a curve ball.