PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Giants game #27

patsdude114
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Well late starting this thread tonite but I do feel Hockey Canada made the right choice in picking Gallagher over Weal (if it came down to those choices) Gallagher is a pure talent for a very small guy.

The Pats are so afraid to shoot the puck tonite have passed up so many solid chances to fire the puck, the goal Reider scored was a terrible angle that went off the pad & in wow what a surprise shoot the puck & werid things can happen I guess.

Peel had a brutal shift on the Giants goal hopefully he can rebound after that.

blueline
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
To scared, not enough experience, wrong line combos..... Coaching??
We are playing a good team and need some success, why do we have 9 rookies in the line up?? I understand we are rebuilding, but maybe working your way up and earn it first??

Well late starting this thread tonite but I do feel Hockey Canada made the right choice in picking Gallagher over Weal (if it came down to those choices) Gallagher is a pure talent for a very small guy.

The Pats are so afraid to shoot the puck tonite have passed up so many solid chances to fire the puck, the goal Reider scored was a terrible angle that went off the pad & in wow what a surprise shoot the puck & werid things can happen I guess.

Peel had a brutal shift on the Giants goal hopefully he can rebound after that.

patsdude114
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
it had nothing to do with being too scared but i do agree that playing a more vetern Dman in Blidstrand prob would of been a more smarter move, no 1 seemed to be willing to take the puck to the net they were happy playing along the boards against the bigger Dmen of the Giants.

I thought our line combos sucked badly too, Volek was invisible playing on LW he needs the puck thru the middle with speed which is what the center spot gives any center.

This team is the biggest looking pretender in our division, trade Weal asap!

mjw22
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
it had nothing to do with being too scared but i do agree that playing a more vetern Dman in Blidstrand prob would of been a more smarter move, no 1 seemed to be willing to take the puck to the net they were happy playing along the boards against the bigger Dmen of the Giants.

I thought our line combos sucked badly too, Volek was invisible playing on LW he needs the puck thru the middle with speed which is what the center spot gives any center.

I think the wheels are coming off that bus . Lang give Millar a call . lol now only johnson a prospect from 2010 and a 2nd rounder

dsquared
12-03-2011, 11:23 AM

That game reminded me a lot of last year's team. One Pats team went on a west coast trip and another came back. You could see it in the body language of the 2 teams right from the onset of the game. The Giants were all standing and following the play of the game while the Pats were sitting talking to each other.The Giants players looked like they wanted to get right back on the ice.

The Pats are back to where they belong. The only thing left to do is trade Weal - stick a fork in it - this turkey is done!

RWAH
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree the line combos seem wrong. The giants first goal we had 4 16 year old on the ice (2 forwards and 1 d-men) and that was not the first time in the game. Was Volek sat for some shifts? or was he just not use right.

The giants 2nd goal came off a rush where our for checker got blocked (Interference) in the giants end. I just wish the refs would be consistent and call the interference. 2 or 3 years ago they starting calling this blocking and opened this game up. Now it is sliding back.

JMoney1988
12-03-2011, 11:34 AM
That game reminded me a lot of last year's team. One Pats team went on a west coast trip and another came back. You could see it in the body language of the 2 teams right from the onset of the game. The Giants were all standing and following the play of the game while the Pats were sitting talking to each other.The Giants players looked like they wanted to get right back on the ice.

The Pats are back to where they belong. The only thing left to do is trade Weal - stick a fork in it - this turkey is done!

I can relate, our Blades went on that same road trip and finished 1-4, luckily we have enough win at the start to balance it out, sucks for you guys since I thought it would a 4-way for the division, it can still happen by unlikely

patsdude114
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
The biggest problem with the Giants 2nd goal was a terrile give away by Peel I had no idea what he was doing he stood on the side of the net & then for some reason just gave alittle dish into the slot with the only player anywhere in sight was a Giants player, the defense never did regain possession & was kept held in the D zone for almost a minute cuz of it. One play doesn't lose you a hockey game especially in the 2nd period too many things were not going for the pats.

In the 1st 10mins of the game I knew the pats were in trouble we were controlling the flow of the game deep in the Giants zone but there was no will at all to take the puck towards the net. You can't have 10 shots on goal in 2 periods & then fire 10 in the 3rd alone & expect to win.
I thin Volek was used terribly last nite our coaches were out coached by a WHL mastermind in Hay, it was a learning experience for the coaches too lol