PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs BRN game #29

patsdude114
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
forgot about the time difference for this 1 & turned it on in the 2nd intermission only to find out the Pats are up 2-0 & still up 2-0 with 10mins left in 3rd... also notice that Volek fought Bertaggia not sure who each guy did tho

patsdude114
12-04-2011, 08:29 PM
game over i dont think anyone predicted the Pats to shutout the highest scoring team in the WHL. Hewitts 1st career SO

This is what i dont get with this team we stink the joint out on friday & have gotten stronger as the weekend went on. Going 2-1 against these 3 teams this weekend is kind of surprising especially after watching us how we played on Friday nite good thing the team put that game behind us.

With that win the Pats move back into a playoff spot & tied with the Hitmen for 7th.......

RWAH
12-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Game just over. Shut out Brandon that's an accomplishment. Volek gets a goal and a fight. The win last night must have given the team some confidence. The team still has some tough road games. Hope they can keep this going and make it hard on Lang to decide if he should buy or sell. I am still in favor of the long range (2 or 3 years) so I am for selling

patsdude114
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
after this year we have nothing to sell at all, & its not that we r a terrible hockey club at all on friday nite i was completely disgusted at how we played & i was all ready to sell off everything lol thank god im not the GM...

we are a solid defensive team or can be at times... we have shut down alot of top players & now tonite shutting out the highest scoring team in the league. We are only 1 offensive player away from having a solid team here not saying it would go deep but could have possibly a 2nd round finish at tops, & these young players need playoff experience no matter what anyone says hell us the fans need some playoff experience as well as its been a long what 3 or is it 4 yrs since weve been in the playoffs i cant even remember its been that damn long.

I personally feel we just need a winger (preferrably a RW) who can play with Weal. Id rather make the playoffs with Weal then miss them again without Weal. Look back at the year when the Warriors traded Hamonic they still made the playoffs & players are still seeing the rewards from them just making the playoffs that year. With how old our defense is it is hard to just throw the whole season away without at least making a push for the playoffs, as u cant trade off 3 of those D who are worth something (i mean u can but it may be a rough final 2 to 3 months til the end of the year) so many question marks around this team which way to go, I think Lang's goal from the start of the year is to make the playoffs which is why he brought in experienced Dmen in Jobke & Underwood to go along with Davidson & Bidlevskii (& Blidstrand to some degree)

Like i said last week the next 6 games (the 3 we just played this weekend & the next 3 PA,MJ,SAS) are going to determine which direction Lang goes. Heck could even look at the games as a whole right up until xmas break as u can also throw in KAM,KEL,CGY,RD,EDM... thats 11 games 7 against teams we are chasing & can make up ground on. Alot of very key points up for grabs.

Unless we are getting a top notch 16yr old or 15yr old plus a 1st rd pick & a roster player to step in asap no need to trade Weal really.... just my opinion

RWAH
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Pats dude you make three points I firmly agree with. First after this year we are not selling so this is the year to trade assets and build for 2013/14 Second a playoff appearance will help develop the young guns on the rooster. Last the game from now until Christmas will determine which way Lang will go. I think Lang has his eye set on 2012/13 and 2013/14 to be the big years. I think we will be trading at the dead line, if we are in 4th 0r 5th we will trade only Weal and Davidson and we can still get in the playoffs. If we are 8th or 9th there will be more trades.
Weal should return, at a minimum, a top rooster 16 or 17 yr old and a list player (big D-man) and a 1st round draft (Portland has Petan and De Leo) I think you can get more than that but that would be the minimum.
Davidson should get a rooster player and 2 draft picks
I am convinced that we should sell I would hate to hold tight and play only 4 or 5 playoff games. That is only slightly better than Parker keeping JE and CT.
The trade would also give Jordan Weal a chance to play in the playoffs on a real contender. Could play in the Memorial Cup. We won't be there

Trevor
12-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Kudos to the Pats for playing a very defensively solid game. I was impressed by the team's speed as well. If only the "home team bounces" actually went for the home team though lol!

patsdude114
12-05-2011, 04:56 AM
I think we will be trading at the dead line, if we are in 4th 0r 5th we will trade only Weal and Davidson and we can still get in the playoffs. If we are 8th or 9th there will be more trades.

I dont know if u have looked at the standings lately or not but there is only 7pts separating 2nd to 9th which is a very small margine a couple divisional games coming up & things could get even tighter... to say if the pats are in 4th or 5th they should only trade Weal & if they r in 8th or 9th be more trades is crazy talk when there is such little points separating every team.

Look Red Deer is sitting out of a playoff spot & im very sure they will be looking to add something, when u look at the Pats depth chart preferrably at the 16 & 15 age group it is very strong, even with the 17yr old age group it there is very little drop off either. I think the playoffs are very key to this team in developing the players within this group.

Also im sure Lang is looking very closely at the whole situation as to why Weal was not selected to the WJ team, there may be more to it then us fans know & maybe that will hurt his chances of going pro next year (even if he is signed) LA has a very deep talent pool to choose from & they will keep a 1st or 2nd round pick around in the pros before a 3rd rd pick who is maybe abit damaged goods in terms of attitude or something. There has to be something there that didnt get him an invite to the WJs i mean he is legitly a top 5 player in all of the WHL & to not get a invite there has to be something else there besides just his size. Maybe Weal returns as a 20yr old cuz of whatever it is us fans dont know about. I would take another year of Weal instead of trading him away.

There is 1 huge difference too when comparing this situation with Weal & the situation with Eberle.... & that is the Pats had NOTHING coming up for talent wise once Eberle was gone with the situation now the Pats finally have some assests waiting in the wings to get there chance (which will be next season) i know i was the 1st to throw out the fire sale mainly due to just how disgusted i was watching friday nites game. Since the 3rd period of the Giants game the Pats have been the better team in the last 7 periods they have played.

When this team plays a full 60mins we can play with any team in this league, the only team above us in the standings who we have not beat is MJ, Siemens has been the difference in 2 of those games easily (especially the last game) another scorer or just player in general who can play at or just below Weal's talent level could be the difference in finally beating those guys.

Would adding a guy like Bulmer who is a plus player for the 1st time in his career be something to look at, or would his price be too much?

Or maybe someone abit lesser on the scales of a guy like Inglis or even a guy like JT Barnett who did score 21 goals as a 17yr old & 43pts last year in Kamloops but is struggling this year in which lead to Kamloops trading him to EVT...or maybe a guy like Crooks from Victoria who are 4 games below .500 & dont look to be making any sort of a push

A guy like Inglis would be worth kicking tires over & see how much PG would want, hes not a big name player so likely hood of a 1st rd pick going PG's way is slim.

I dont think Moser is in the good books of the coaching staff, he is still a quality young player who could bring back a guy like Inglis, is it also maybe worth looking at dealing Blidstrand for a euro forward? or just ride Blidstrand out for the rest of the year as he will most likely be going pro either AHL/ECHL or back home in sweden & then take a new euro & try to luck out again, maybe Volek can help with a selection of another CZH player to come over.

Options galore out there for Lang to look at & the way he talked on the radio tonite after the game by saying he is very confident that we can play wit anyone in the league may lead u to think that maybe he is happy with how the future looks & really wants to make the playoffs this year for that valuable experience to make players such as Klimchuk, Burroughs, Hunt, Volek, Peel & Beukeboom that much better for next year. Also ud have to think around playoff time those 2 kids from Winnipeg will be brought on the team even just for practices.

Joe Hallenback
12-05-2011, 08:27 AM
From my point of view last night the Wheaties came out with nothing all game. One of the worst games I think they have played in awhile. No life or emotion.

Regina was ok not great they played well and took what was give to them. The 2 goals were lucky bounces and Hewitt made some good saves to shutout Brandon which is not something that happens that often.

My opinion on the Pats is they should trade Weal and Davidson if you can and get the best return you can get. You missed the boat on Eberle and Teubert and you can't afford to miss it this time again.

RWAH
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Pats Dude I guess we can agree to disagree. I'm not in favor of keeping Weal and trading for more offence to play 6 or 10 games in the playoffs. I doubt that we could trade one of our 18 or 19 year old 3 or 4 liners straight up for another teams 2nd liner. Meaning we then need to add a draft pick or prospect.

I agree it has a lot of variables and its good that Chad Lang has the decision. If the pats can keep a 60% or 65% win ratio the decision becomes very difficult but adding one or two player, with out selling the farm, will not make this team Memorial Cup material. We need that win ratio to stay close to S,toon, MJ, BRN

I am sure we will see Brooks and Schioler as call ups and after their season is over. I expect to see Mumby and Ortynski as call ups and probably some others

patsdude114
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Pats Dude I guess we can agree to disagree. I'm not in favor of keeping Weal and trading for more offence to play 6 or 10 games in the playoffs. I doubt that we could trade one of our 18 or 19 year old 3 or 4 liners straight up for another teams 2nd liner. Meaning we then need to add a draft pick or prospect.

6 or 10 playoff games would do this whole franchise good even better then anything we could get for Weal, playoff games are priceless for any developing player (especially guys like Stephenson, Klimchuk, Burroughs, Peel, & Volek) adding more youth to this mix & missing the playoffs will not help there development at all.

Everyone knows we are not a Memorial Cup contender & that is fine very few teams are a true Memorial Cup contender, & really there is no Memorial Cup contender until the WHL playoffs are over with anyways, u cant count ur chickens before they hatch.

All im trying to say is missing the playoffs this year even with trading Weal does not help this franchise at all in developing the young players we do have.

mjw22
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
All im trying to say is missing the playoffs this year even with trading Weal does not help this franchise at all in developing the young players we do have.

C'mon pats dude you just want to go to a play off game :D

west coast
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
if the Pats dont make the playoffs again this season, it is not far to drive down the highway and cheer on the Warriors in their new stadium.