PDA

View Full Version : Habscheid to blame for losses

Giantsfan
12-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Is it time for Habscheid to step down as the Royals GM? Or should he step aside as the coach & concentrate on his GM duties? Maybe, he should be let go all together? He really screwed up last season by not trading Ryan Howse, Roman Horak & Brandon Manning. I realize Manning was injured around the time the trade deadline came along but by not moving at least Howse, he really set the team back. Howse is in Abbotsford & Habscheid got nothing in return. He hasn't improved the team like many thought when he took the job, & by not moving guys like Roman Horak or Howse, it's going to take even more years for this franchise to be a contender. Year one in Victoria may be a sucess in the seats, but if the Royals continue to falter, how long until the fans stay away? How many of the tickets sold are for $5?
Just my opinion, any thoughts?

pontcanna
12-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Definite honeymoon period here, not a whisper of a boo anywhere in the arena (not that I'm suggesting there should be). People look at this as something new, an expansion franchise even though it isn't. Tickets are quite affordable when compared to the ECHL franchise that was here (and in many cases the Royals are cheaper than the BCHL franchise just outside town) and people still love Marty the Mascot. The general vibe in the arena is positive, even with losses. A decent night out, an entertainment option rather than something that's life or death. A great positive was that we won many games in an exciting fashion early on, that got people talking about the team with friends, workmates and so on. That we had no business winning some of those was always clear if you looked deeper. Now we're seeing what happens over the course of a season - things balance out.

I don't think many of the tix are going for $5. You have to show up in person at the rink before 0930 Mondays (no online or phone sales) I think there's a limit of 4 per person and they're the limited band of seats in the upper ends. My guess would be 50-60 or so per game? I think that's what was originally indicated.

Year Two? People may start to feel restless if there isn't marked improvement. Our goals against are simply appalling. We are seeing improvement with many of the youngsters already, but in many ways we're a fairly thin outfit and the stars have to align correctly for us to be successful on any given night.

the Royal Flush
12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
we need a goalie...problem solved...

CdnSailor
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
we need a goalie...problem solved...

Goalies are not doing bad. Get some d men that want to be d men. To many continous mistakes in our zone. What ever happened to the pitch the puck out in the centre area rather then off the boards. To many times we get scored on because of bad defensive playing.
Watch the other teams and see what they are doing with regards to dumping the puck.
We do it and then make a FULL line change. Guess what the puck is now in our zone again and we are scored on.
Wonder what happend to baby Habscheid. Maybe he finally got benched last night for his gross playing on Tuesday.
When they play as a TEAM they do well.
When they play as INDIVIDUALS they suck.