PDA

View Full Version : defense

mjw22
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
The defense was supposed to be the strength of this team and goal scoring was suspect. Well that been reversed most nights our d- men look lost out there and not just the rookies. If not for Seimens no way we're in top 4 of the conf. Night in night out same poor clearing passes missed assignments lack of physical play. With 2 coaches that are former d-men you would think this wouldn't be a problem. Hopefully we learn from last night and start getting this defense on track because if they keep playing like they have the last 10 gms or so its going to cost them. Defense wins championships and right now this group doesn't look good enough. Good luck Quinton & the rest of the WHL boys at the world juniors. :clap:

lordstanley
12-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I just saw the highlites of the Pats Warriors game from Friday night how can they not call a penalty shot for Howden it simply blows my mind the defender got all legs on that clear cut trip and the ref was standing right there

I am really getting sick and tired of the refs in this league i tell ya

JMoney1988
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
and of course....... Vetter was reffing that game, I have noticed, he tries to screw over east division teams, I know there should have been a penalty, but I'm surprised Howden didn't get called for embellishment. Don't worry it happened to us too.

mjw22
12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
and of course....... Vetter was reffing that game, I have noticed, he tries to screw over east division teams, I know there should have been a penalty, but I'm surprised Howden didn't get called for embellishment. Don't worry it happened to us too.

That's the high quality officiating we receive in the WHL .:D:D:D:D:D

lordstanley
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
12/12/11 Cody Beach Moose Jaw One game for accumulation of embellishment penalties in 2011-12 season

Wow i have never seen a suspension for something like this before lol

mjw22
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM
12/12/11 Cody Beach Moose Jaw One game for accumulation of embellishment penalties in 2011-12 season

Wow i have never seen a suspension for something like this before lol

oh i know the league has gone stupid on suspensions. I know Beach is no angel but some of the calls are pure bull***t . Last game in a scrum in the crease he gets grabbed around the neck from behind and pulled over backwards . He gets one for that the other guy a gets roughing call. So which is it ? officiating for all teams in this league is a joke . non calls phantom calls all night every night nothing new. :burningmad:

lordstanley
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
What the heck Morgan Reily is back already ? that's alot faster than most thought

patsdude114
12-28-2011, 11:31 PM
is he really back or just another error on the whl site with game summarys?

mjw22
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
is he really back or just another error on the whl site with game summarys?

He's not back lol Neither is Wells . Good game tonight fast paced entertainment . Competent refs as well .:groovy:

patsdude114
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
didnt think he was back he is done for the year even the playoffs r far fetched for him... just the WHL site at its finest is all