PDA

View Full Version : Charles Inglis

BladesFan_2010
12-11-2011, 01:53 AM
What happened to him? I saw he is not on the PG roster anymore. I know he had that lengthy suspension, and his last game was Dec. 2???

SectionNDeserter
12-11-2011, 06:50 AM
According to Dean Clark, he was sent home for breaking team and league rules.

BladesFan_2010
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
wow? really? I guess that means his career in the WHL is done then.

lostsheep
12-11-2011, 04:35 PM
The latest thing ive read is that he was sent home to await a trade. If that does not happen i guess theres other leagues to look at. I wish him all the best and if he gets his demons under control i would love to see him back as a blade ( but not likley)

BladesFan_2010
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Demons? What do you mean? A guy I worked with was friend with him when he played in Saskatoon, some of the stuff he told me about Charles....yeesh..no wonder the Blades traded him.

lostsheep
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
demons, issues, screw loose what ever his problems are that make him an expendable player. Thats what i mean. Bottom line is on the ice he is a good competaitive player who likes to win and plays with an edge. Something i feel the blades lack this year. So i hope he can work out his differences and get back to playing hockey in the WHL.

mjw22
12-12-2011, 07:26 PM
a little surprised no movement on this player. Maybe issues are too serious or are they asking too much in return.

the flying moose
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
a little surprised no movement on this player. Maybe issues are too serious or are they asking too much in return.

Well, he was shipped out of Saskatoon and then shipped out of PG too. I don't think the price is too high, I just think that many teams wouldn't want someone like that in their dressing room. Something he must have done became a cancer in the locker room. Considering how poorly the team is doing for them to win 4 out of 5 after they got rid of him says a lot IMO.

johnnyradiant
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
It was reported but not elaborated that he done busted league and club rules away from the rink.

Conduct?
Curfew?
Under influence of something?

Your guess maybe better than mine but there was enough in the report I saw without needing to go between the lines or having the privilege of having a g.m. to g.m. conversation to know he would be a risk in anybodies room.
It might have been Drinnan's blog, can't remember where I read it.

BladesFan_2010
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I know some of the stuff he did while he was in Saskatoon, and I have to say that he's not too bright away from the rink, let's just leave it at that. You're right though, anyone who screws up that badly in Saskatoon to get dealt really says something to who you are as a person.

west coast
12-23-2011, 05:01 PM
i am curious to know just why is Charles Inglis being made an example of? Every team have jerks who do what they want and are not reprimanded.I would be interested to hear Charles Inglis side of the story

the flying moose
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
i am curious to know just why is Charles Inglis being made an example of? Every team have jerks who do what they want and are not reprimanded.I would be interested to hear Charles Inglis side of the story

Me too. Everyone I've talked to about this who has had any kind of time with Inglis has nothing but good things to say about the kid yet two teams have had no choice but to rid him from their roster.

lostsheep
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Me too as I would love to see him in blades gear again.on ice motivator, and sticks up for his team. Being able to put the puck in the net is huge too. Good luck Charles hope to see you on the ice soon:cool:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Is he an overage or a 19 yr old? I would take him over Melnychuck anyday. Isn't he from Winnipeg?

west coast
12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
inglis is19 from winnipeg

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 05:58 PM
inglis is19 from winnipeg

I would love to see a badass like that in Black and Gold for the playoffs. From what I remember, he skates fairly well. A guy like Inglis can lean on a guy like Etem and get in his head a bit and get him off his game. His physical play could put Oil Kings speedsters heads on a swivel. Playoffs require skill, but you also need a mean streak too. It'll be interesting if anyone comes through with an offer to PG for him.

Don't you just love this time of year? I love the trade deadline.

curwie
12-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I would love to see a badass like that in Black and Gold for the playoffs. From what I remember, he skates fairly well. A guy like Inglis can lean on a guy like Etem and get in his head a bit and get him off his game. His physical play could put Oil Kings speedsters heads on a swivel. Playoffs require skill, but you also need a mean streak too. It'll be interesting if anyone comes through with an offer to PG for him.

Don't you just love this time of year? I love the trade deadline.

I hear PG is asking for a 94 player, a second round pick, and another player. Pretty steep price for a guy the team GM has labeled as a trouble maker. No wonder they haven't dealt him yet. All they paid for him when they got him from the Blades was a second round pick.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
I hear PG is asking for a 94 player, a second round pick, and another player. Pretty steep price for a guy the team GM has labeled as a trouble maker. No wonder they haven't dealt him yet. All they paid for him when they got him from the Blades was a second round pick.

Brodsky's are not very smart hockey people. They seem to scare people away. Charles Inglis probably wanted to leave and they saved face by saying they sent him home. If, by chance, Connolly somehow gets reassigned back to junior after the Worlds, he will likely ask to be moved.

mjw22
12-29-2011, 01:10 AM

No wonder PG sucks :D a 2nd round alone is too much for a guy kicked off 2 teams. A 3rd and maybe a player in the bottom half of your prospects list. A guy like this is high risk in the room this time of year.

curwie
12-29-2011, 01:34 AM
No wonder PG sucks :D a 2nd round alone is too much for a guy kicked off 2 teams. A 3rd and maybe a player in the bottom half of your prospects list. A guy like this is high risk in the room this time of year.

He'll be fine on a new team with a fresh start, but I do agree with you. If Dallas Thompson really believes his value is that high, how come he was dumb enough to send him home? Its a personality conflict between GM and player.

mjw22
12-29-2011, 01:42 AM
He'll be fine on a new team with a fresh start, but I do agree with you. If Dallas Thompson really believes his value is that high, how come he was dumb enough to send him home? Its a personality conflict between GM and player.

I cant imagine why anyone would want to be a part of that mess in PG. Could be the kids way of getting out . Maybe he asked to be moved and Thompson wanted 2 94s a 1st and a 2nd and 3rd lol

curwie
12-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Inglis is a Red Deer Rebel and is playing tonight for them.

dubfanman
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Inglis is a Red Deer Rebel and is playing tonight for them.

Great deal for Red Deer! When are the coaches and GMs of the WHL world going to get their heads out of the asses and realize that they can't treat players like cattle. There are lots of options for the players today, the WHL is a prestigious place to play, but not the only place. Excepting Don Hay, how many other old school coaches are having success out there?

mjw22
12-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Great deal for Red Deer! When are the coaches and GMs of the WHL world going to get their heads out of the asses and realize that they can't treat players like cattle. There are lots of options for the players today, the WHL is a prestigious place to play, but not the only place. Excepting Don Hay, how many other old school coaches are having success out there?

As of the 27th there was probably a long line of players at Thompson's door asking to be moved. :D

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
There are still players out there who think that they are the only one that needs to be kept happy. Not saying Inglis was that way, but I did look at his Twitter feed last night, and it had a few things that might make you go hmmm.....

I hope for his sake he has a good fresh start in Red Deer. If not, he's most likely done in this league....if not hockey in general.

HockeyGuru
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Inglis is a good hockey player but his off ice issues,curfew breaches,inability to get along with teammates and a general lack of regard to rules is why he has been run out of Saskatoon and now PG,its also the reason why he has not been picked in the NHL draft.

curwie
12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Inglis is a good hockey player but his off ice issues,curfew breaches,inability to get along with teammates and a general lack of regard to rules is why he has been run out of Saskatoon and now PG,its also the reason why he has not been picked in the NHL draft.

Your entitled to your opinion. However you make him sound like an aweful person, and that's simply not true. He's a 19 year old kid. He's allowed a few mistakes, and believe me, he's learning from them. He's got a huge heart and he's great with people. He has many many people in his life that he has the abilty to get along with.

Why is it that people focus on the negative and NEVER mention the positive?

Why don't people mention any of the community work he was envolved in?

Why don't people mention the hospital visits to sick people for 2 weeks straight that he made?

Surely if breaking curfew is worth mentioning this must be worth some air time too!

Is it because they don't know the whole story?

dubfanman
12-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Your entitled to your opinion. However you make him sound like an aweful person, and that's simply not true. He's a 19 year old kid. He's allowed a few mistakes, and believe me, he's learning from them. He's got a huge heart and he's great with people. He has many many people in his life that he has the abilty to get along with.

Why is it that people focus on the negative and NEVER mention the positive?

Why don't people mention any of the community work he was envolved in?

Why don't people mention the hospital visits to sick people for 2 weeks straight that he made?

Surely if breaking curfew is worth mentioning this must be worth some air time too!

Is it because they don't know the whole story?

Couldn't have said it better myself :p

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM

It's a new year, let the kid play, and maybe this will be the fit that suits him. He's got the talent. I believe the entire coaching staff is ex-Rebels players. That might be a good environment for him to learn what team loyalty is.

Plus he will give them a viable scoring threat next year as well.

dubfanman
01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
It's a new year, let the kid play, and maybe this will be the fit that suits him. He's got the talent. I believe the entire coaching staff is ex-Rebels players. That might be a good environment for him to learn what team loyalty is.

Plus he will give them a viable scoring threat next year as well.

Is there a coach out there more capable and suited to handling Charles ?? ... probably not.

Is there a team out there that players want to be destined for less than Prince George? .... hmmm, maybe Prince Albert.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Is there a coach out there more capable and suited to handling Charles ?? ... probably not.

Is there a team out there that players want to be destined for less than Prince George? .... hmmm, maybe Prince Albert.

All I can do is hope maybe he'll still end up in Brandon. He has a mix of skill and grit we have been missing. I know, I'm still dreaming.

curwie
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
All I can do is hope maybe he'll still end up in Brandon. He has a mix of skill and grit we have been missing. I know, I'm still dreaming.

Not gonna happen. He flew back to stoon from Red Deer today to pick up his car and his belongings and he is headed back to Red Deer tomorrow. He's thrilled to be playing in Red Deer, loves his teamates and coaches, and they feel the same about him. Jessie Wallin told him hes wanted Charles on his team since he was 16 years old. Its a good fit for both Charles and the team there.

mjw22
01-01-2012, 11:03 PM

YA if its Inglis you're dreaming about . He was traded to Red Deer . Unless your dreams include Inglis & Petrovic being traded to WK .