PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs KAM Game #33

patsdude114
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Well Beukeboom gets his 2nd home start let's hope it goes better then his 1st start at home. Beukeboom is more then capable of being a back up & soon to be starter in a year or so.

We need 2pts badly in this game tonite since we let 2pts slip away last nite in Stoon. Both teams playing 3 games in 3 nites.

patsdude114
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Kamloops may be looking for a #1 center after that 1st period Schaber looks like he will be done for awhile went hard into the end boards & that leg buckled badly.

Maybe they like Weal as they like passing to him for breakaways anyways. After that 1st period really like that Bozon & if the Pats wanted to strengthen there 18yr olds JC Lipon is even a Regina kid & would not hurt our chances of even making the playoffs if by chance the Blazers had to pursue Weal if Schaber is out for any length of time.

Beukeboom had a strong 1st period there goal came off of a kind of broken play when the pats iced it on the PK the goalie didn't get out to stop it in time came around boards & caught the pats changing if he stops it that goal doesn't happen.

RWAH
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I missed this game and have to miss Wed. game as well. Great to get a win for Buekeboom and a goal for Hunt. Whats with the point shots getting through? How are we opening the shooting lanes, the Blazers are not that bad they lead the BC division with 22 wins.

This team, like last year, seam to play their best against the best teams and lack respect for the teams lower in the standings Hope that changes and they out play, out battle, win all the one on ones in every game. I listened to the S'Toon game and it sounded like we out played the Blades but could no out play Makarof.

Keep up the great work Pats

patsdude114
12-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Tonite Weal showed the fans & the Blazers on why he is 1 of the best players in the league hands down. I personally think it was Weal's best all around game played this year (that i have seen) he was reading plays & seemed like he was willing to put the Pats on his back & carry us into the playoffs.

Great to see Hunt finally get credit with a goal, this kid busts his ass every shift he gets, i see another Mitchell in the making just a tad smaller & not as tough. His work ethic is amazing & he is getting better each & every game he plays.

I thought there was a few borderline calls tonite especially 2 of the 3 calls in a row on the Pats to give Kamloops there 5on3 for over 2mins.

Here is an interesting stat that may play in the back of Lang's mind as it comes closer & closer to trade deadline involing Weal.....

The Pats are 2-5-1 against Western Conference teams & are 15-9-0-1 against the Eastern Conference 6 games above .500 against our conference as a 7th place team in the conference is nothing to be ashamed of we have beaten everyone in our conference except Kootenay.

Also that Weal passed Eberle in the list of all-time scoring Pats & did it in like 16 fewer games, after tonite Weal is 4 assists shy of passing 1 of the Pats legends in Jock Calendar for 5th all time in assists. He is putting up these numbers the past 2 yrs with really no offensive threat to play with.

Beukeboom looked shakey at times tonite but also made some very key saves at a key time in the game when the game was still close late in the 1st, definately game changing saves.

RWAH
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Patsdude "The Pats are 2-5-1 against Western Conference teams & are 15-9-0-1 against the Eastern Conference 6 games above .500 against our conference as a 7th place team in the conference is nothing to be ashamed of we have beaten everyone in our conference except Kootenay."
My math is with the East Conference we have played 25 games so 12.5 wins and 12.5 losses is .500. That makes us 2.5 game above .500. 15 wins and 10 losses is 5 more wins than losses or a .66 win percentage.
However most years that should get you into the top half of the conference. Just our luck the east is so balanced.

If we continue with the Math we have played 32 games and have only 2 remaining games against the West. That leaves 38 remaining games against East conference opponents at a .66 win percentage is 25 wins remaining for a season total of 42 wins.

We all know the adage (figures lie and lyres figure) (don't count your chickens "wins") and many more

Just some ramblings. Any one want to predict the total wins this season. Stay in a 4 game spread.

I'll start and I think we will be selling at the trade deadline but we will be a .500 hockey team so 34 to 38 wins