PDA

View Full Version : Winther WHL Player of the Week!

Raider Believer
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Gotta celebrate this good news!

http://www.whl.ca/article/raiders-winther-whl-player-of-the-week

patsdude114
12-12-2011, 04:07 PM
his big game against the Pats pretty much secured this award but good on him for having a few other good outings as well.... glad to see the Raiders slowly turning it around their PP has caught fire.

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM
good for the kid. hopefully helps his draft ranking !

AAAScout
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
very well deserved for sure, he has been on fire and they have brought the PP to life, very important in the game now. Specialty teams is soooooo huge with all the new penalties and he is having a lot of success on pp lately good for him!!

Sttop
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
First of congrats to the Raiders for playing well over the last 2 weeks , and congrats to Mike Winther on the award. 2nd of all Drew Wilson and Jeff from PANOW.... if you want to go on the Radio and call out message boarders for not knowing hockey, or to say " message boarders go to 1 or 2 hockey games and think they are experts I would gladly call either of you out on hockey knowledge, in fact I would put money on any of the daily posters on this message board that they piss out more hockey knowledge then either of you have. Because you write a article on PANOW about a Raider win or loss doesnt mean you know anything about anything. And Drew just because you call a game does not make give you any knowledge at all. Oh and by the way Drew , alot of people watch the games on webcast so try painting a picture that is accurate. No one is fooled by your calls that so and so just missed the net on that blistering shot that had the goalie beat . Just so you know Drew more people just read this post than listened to your show or read your blog. By the way a blog is supposed to have new information. Anyone could write about what happened in the past, ask PANOW . And btw not hidding behind a handle its no secret who I am . I get calls directly from the Raider organization regarding the message board.

lordstanley
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Congrats to Winther i knew the kid had it him him he was great in Bantam now he is getting first line minutes as they rebuild good to build around guys like that and Morrisey

AAAScout
12-12-2011, 08:07 PM
First of congrats to the Raiders for playing well over the last 2 weeks , and congrats to Mike Winther on the award. 2nd of all Drew Wilson and Jeff from PANOW.... if you want to go on the Radio and call out message boarders for not knowing hockey, or to say " message boarders go to 1 or 2 hockey games and think they are experts I would gladly call either of you out on hockey knowledge, in fact I would put money on any of the daily posters on this message board that they piss out more hockey knowledge then either of you have. Because you write a article on PANOW about a Raider win or loss doesnt mean you know anything about anything. And Drew just because you call a game does not make give you any knowledge at all. Oh and by the way Drew , alot of people watch the games on webcast so try painting a picture that is accurate. No one is fooled by your calls that so and so just missed the net on that blistering shot that had the goalie beat . Just so you know Drew more people just read this post than listened to your show or read your blog. By the way a blog is supposed to have new information. Anyone could write about what happened in the past, ask PANOW . And btw not hidding behind a handle its no secret who I am . I get calls directly from the Raider organization regarding the message board.

Well, it would appear I missed something interesting on the Raider talk show tonight? it is very unfortunate that Drew would call out those who post on this board as guys that have no knowledge and only watch 1 or 2 games......I have been to as many in PA as he has, I guess that qualifies me as an expert? It matters not how many games you go to, knowledge of the game is separate from "season tickets"

Either way it matters not, he is paid to do a job and that job is to be positive and uplifting for the viewers and the raider organization. To bad he obviously thinks people on a message board shouldn't call down the raiders, but he chooses to do the exact same thing to those who use the boards on his talk show............... shameful really when you think about it, wasting the raider talk show time on the message boards and negativity what will wapitikev say about Drews negativity? hahaha

Wapitikev
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, it would appear I missed something interesting on the Raider talk show tonight? it is very unfortunate that Drew would call out those who post on this board as guys that have no knowledge and only watch 1 or 2 games......I have been to as many in PA as he has, I guess that qualifies me as an expert? It matters not how many games you go to, knowledge of the game is separate from "season tickets"

Either way it matters not, he is paid to do a job and that job is to be positive and uplifting for the viewers and the raider organization. To bad he obviously thinks people on a message board shouldn't call down the raiders, but he chooses to do the exact same thing to those who use the boards on his talk show............... shameful really when you think about it, wasting the raider talk show time on the message boards and negativity what will wapitikev say about Drews negativity? hahaha

Didn't hear the show (don't usually listen...prefer to watch the team than listen to talk-shows), so I can't say shame on Drew, one way or another. Neither can I judge the validity of the rant I read above...I have no idea if it is justified or not because I have no context.

I've been negative on this board about certain players, our defense in the second period, and other topics, despite my positive bent...just like posters who seem mostly negative but throw out a positive comment once in a while.

People can have whatever opinions they want, positive or negative, I don't mind...freedom of speech is guaranteed in our Charter of Rights...besides how am I going to argue with someone like Raider Believer if he drinks the same Kool-aid that I do? :)

The only thing I have a problem with (and most message boards don't allow) is ad-hominem personal attacks. Insulting someone's intelligence, branding them a raider employee, etc. etc. on a public message board because they don't agree with your opinion says more about the attacker than the ones being attacked: namely that you aren't confident enough in what you are saying to let it stand on its own...that you need to smear someone else in a cheap attempt to make your opinion look stronger. Most people figured out how to recognize that BS in high-school, regardless of whether they were dishing it or receiving it.

A discussion board should be to attack people's opinions, not people themselves.

That should be true whether the person being attacked is deemed a negative poster on this board, or a positive one.

-Wapitikev

patsdude114
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
i find that very funn that on a Raider Talk Show he even has the care in the world to relate anything back to this board is he really grasping for things to talk about on the Raider Talk Show?

How about the recent surge in play that the Raiders have shown these past 2 weeks, how about the 3 wins in a row over the Ice, Warriors & Pats (i believe were the 3 teams without going back to look it up) does he truely think cuz he wears a media badge that gives him more knownledge of the WHL or the Raiders itself then alot of the passionate Raider fans on here?

haha im a Pats fan & i prob have more knowledge of the Raiders then this clown does

but in all honesty good job on the Raiders for slowly turning their season around under Young

Wapitikev
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Now, back to the real reason I began reading this thread:

Way to go Mike! And way to do it BEFORE the rest of the league's top players left to go to the W.J. Training Camp on Saturday.

Here's looking forward to Player Of The Month honours for you!

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Now, back to the real reason I began readin this thread:

Way to go Mike! And way to do it BEFORE the rest of the league's top players left to go to the W.J. Training Camp on Saturday.

Here's looking forward to Player Of The Month honours for you!

-Wapitikev

he will get lots of ice time to make that possible, and the way he has been playing it is not out of the realm for him to win that honor, would be nice to see actually. a small silver lining in an other wise cloudy season!!

lordstanley
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
he will get lots of ice time to make that possible, and the way he has been playing it is not out of the realm for him to win that honor, would be nice to see actually. a small silver lining in an other wise cloudy season!!

I have no doubt in my mind now and Raider Believer i'm sure will agree that Drew Wilson is a poster on the Raider forum i am not gonna thrrow out any names but it is pretty obvious now ,such a shame that he has to cry about certain message board posters on his little radio call in show that maybe 50 people listen to anyways

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
i wish there were like buttons for posts like these

lordstanley
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
i wish there were like buttons for posts like these

I agree i never liked the way Drew called game before this but now i lost even more respect for the guy

Raider Believer
12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Didn't hear the show (don't usually listen...prefer to watch the team than listen to talk-shows), so I can't say shame on Drew, one way or another. Neither can I judge the validity of the rant I read above...I have no idea if it is justified or not because I have no context.

I've been negative on this board about certain players, our defense in the second period, and other topics, despite my positive bent...just like posters who seem mostly negative but throw out a positive comment once in a while.

People can have whatever opinions they want, positive or negative, I don't mind...freedom of speech is guaranteed in our Charter of Rights...besides how am I going to argue with someone like Raider Believer if he drinks the same Kool-aid that I do? :)

The only thing I have a problem with (and most message boards don't allow) is ad-hominem personal attacks. Insulting someone's intelligence, branding them a raider employee, etc. etc. on a public message board because they don't agree with your opinion says more about the attacker than the ones being attacked: namely that you aren't confident enough in what you are saying to let it stand on its own...that you need to smear someone else in a cheap attempt to make your opinion look stronger. Most people figured out how to recognize that BS in high-school, regardless of whether they were dishing it or receiving it.

A discussion board should be to attack people's opinions, not people themselves.

That should be true whether the person being attacked is deemed a negative poster on this board, or a positive one.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev, I think you've made a good point. I will work hard to only attack the opinions, not the posters themselves, even though I have nothing but disdain for Drew Wilson and the Campese regime, and it is now obvious that they have indeed infiltrated this board. Its actually funny that you would characterize being branded a Raider employee as an insult! LOL. I remember when being identified as a Raider employee was an honor.

Raider Believer
12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Wapitikev, I think you've made a good point. I will work hard to only attack the opinions, not the posters themselves, even though I have nothing but disdain for Drew Wilson and the Campese regime, and it is now obvious that they have indeed infiltrated this board. Its actually funny that you would characterize being branded a Raider employee as an insult! LOL. I remember when being identified as a Raider employee was an honor.

Wapitikev, I enjoyed your use of latin (ad hominem) earlier in this thread. I researched the meaning and usage of the ad hominem phrase and discovered the following ... ain't the internet wonderful. I especially like the last sentence :p

One of the most widely misused terms on the Net is "ad hominem". It is most often introduced into a discussion by certain delicate types, delicate of personality and mind, whenever their opponents resort to a bit of sarcasm. As soon as the suspicion of an insult appears, they summon the angels of ad hominem to smite down their foes, before ascending to argument heaven in a blaze of sanctimonious glory. They may not have much up top, but by God, they don't need it when they've got ad hominem on their side. It's the secret weapon that delivers them from any argument unscathed.

In reality, ad hominem is unrelated to sarcasm or personal abuse. Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument. The mere presence of a personal attack does not indicate ad hominem: the attack must be used for the purpose of undermining the argument, or otherwise the logical fallacy isn't there. It is not a logical fallacy to attack someone; the fallacy comes from assuming that a personal attack is also necessarily an attack on that person's arguments.

Therefore, if you can't demonstrate that your opponent is trying to counter your argument by attacking you, you can't demonstrate that he is resorting to ad hominem. If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.

Actual instances of argumentum ad hominem are relatively rare. Ironically, the fallacy is most often committed by those who accuse their opponents of ad hominem, since they try to dismiss the opposition not by engaging with their arguments, but by claiming that they resort to personal attacks. Those who are quick to squeal "ad hominem" are often guilty of several other logical fallacies, including one of the worst of all: the fallacious belief that introducing an impressive-sounding Latin term somehow gives one the decisive edge in an argument. ;)

the voice
12-13-2011, 08:52 AM
My head hurts...you are way more linguistically knowledgeable than myself. Kind of felt like I was at church with all this Italian lingo. A few points come to mind. First I find a blog like this a great outlet for people to vent...rather than stand outside the Art Hauser and demonstrate with signs and shouting. It gives fans a place to support and praise players. What gives a blog any credibility is when people banter with subject matter and not get personal...especially at players. Talk hockey, throw out ideas, play manager, make fun of each other, support or slam if you wish, but avoid slamming the players. It can alter self esteem and there's enough pressure on these players. We get to know bloggers and get to know which ones have interesting points to chew on. As for Drew and the show, I listen to the whole show every week. I find it a good source of recaps, plans, inner workings of the team. It's not Dave Letterman, but it's another branch of the overall Raider experience. As a broadcast crew, I find them entertaining, informative, and supporters of our team. Holy Hanna , Winther Wonderland, Real Deal McNeill....that rivals Danny Gallivan or Howie Meeker (I'm dating myself). Have you listened to some of the other internet broadcasters? I'd choose Drew and Marty over any of them any day. Too bad CKBI broadcasts are a few minutes behind the internet video feed. We have a pre and post game show like no other. If you didn't listen to last night's show, I bet I know a few things about the team that you don't. I enjoy soaking up all information i can on our team, and the coaches show is one of those places you get credible info from the horse's mouth (sorry Steve). As for the show slamming bloggers, the point was that somewhere along the way someone started hammering a player and if that player looks at a blog, it can be detrimental. They also said bloggers have also been great supporters and some great points are hashed over. Not sure which blog or who frequents blogs, but Steve says he does not and I believe him. So keep bloggin...but let's be smart about it.

the voice
12-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh yes...got off track. Congrats Mike on your award. Team success produces individual success. Keep it up.

Raider Believer
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
My head hurts...you are way more linguistically knowledgeable than myself. Kind of felt like I was at church with all this Italian lingo. A few points come to mind. First I find a blog like this a great outlet for people to vent...rather than stand outside the Art Hauser and demonstrate with signs and shouting. It gives fans a place to support and praise players. What gives a blog any credibility is when people banter with subject matter and not get personal...especially at players. Talk hockey, throw out ideas, play manager, make fun of each other, support or slam if you wish, but avoid slamming the players. It can alter self esteem and there's enough pressure on these players. We get to know bloggers and get to know which ones have interesting points to chew on. As for Drew and the show, I listen to the whole show every week. I find it a good source of recaps, plans, inner workings of the team. It's not Dave Letterman, but it's another branch of the overall Raider experience. As a broadcast crew, I find them entertaining, informative, and supporters of our team. Holy Hanna , Winther Wonderland, Real Deal McNeill....that rivals Danny Gallivan or Howie Meeker (I'm dating myself). Have you listened to some of the other internet broadcasters? I'd choose Drew and Marty over any of them any day. Too bad CKBI broadcasts are a few minutes behind the internet video feed. We have a pre and post game show like no other. If you didn't listen to last night's show, I bet I know a few things about the team that you don't. I enjoy soaking up all information i can on our team, and the coaches show is one of those places you get credible info from the horse's mouth (sorry Steve). As for the show slamming bloggers, the point was that somewhere along the way someone started hammering a player and if that player looks at a blog, it can be detrimental. They also said bloggers have also been great supporters and some great points are hashed over. Not sure which blog or who frequents blogs, but Steve says he does not and I believe him. So keep bloggin...but let's be smart about it.

My biggest issue is analysis that, whether it be from Drew Wilson or bloggers, flies in the face of all evidence and is clearly, and very transparently, being orchestrated by the management (Campese). An abysmal record in the 5th year of a regime doesn't lie ... the numbers are what they are.
Interestingly, this thread - which has a positive title and purpose was started and initially supported by bloggers who are generally not big supporters of the Campese. And it took almost 10 hours for any of the usual 'establishment' (Campese supporters) bloggers to respond to this thread and congratulate Winther on his accomplishment. Not wanting to be 'ad hominem' in my argument, but it gives me the impression that the only purpose of a couple of the bloggers here is to blindly defend Campese. I guarantee if anything negative had been said about Campese, there would have been an immediate response .... which of course there was when the broadcasting team was held accountable for ridiculous behavior and comments. Are these bloggers fans or defenders ? Oh .. and Wapitikev, thanks for the opportunity to brush up on my Latin!
Back to hockey ... lets hope the boys pound the hell out of the Colin Smith led Blazers tonight. If any of the boys are reading this, lay the lumber and body on Smitty and he'll fold like a cheap tent, he doesn't like the physical stuff.

Wapitikev
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM

The difference is only in how it is used...

Identifying an employee to complement them on doing a good job is not a personal insult...

...but suggesting that they are minions of a dictator or some evil regime is obviously an insult.

...although, depending on the source of such an insult, it could be a badge of honour, whether it's true or not. :D

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Wapitikev, I enjoyed your use of latin (ad hominem) earlier in this thread. I researched the meaning and usage of the ad hominem phrase and discovered the following ... ain't the internet wonderful. I especially like the last sentence :p

One of the most widely misused terms on the Net is "ad hominem". It is most often introduced into a discussion by certain delicate types, delicate of personality and mind, whenever their opponents resort to a bit of sarcasm. As soon as the suspicion of an insult appears, they summon the angels of ad hominem to smite down their foes, before ascending to argument heaven in a blaze of sanctimonious glory. They may not have much up top, but by God, they don't need it when they've got ad hominem on their side. It's the secret weapon that delivers them from any argument unscathed.

In reality, ad hominem is unrelated to sarcasm or personal abuse. Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument. The mere presence of a personal attack does not indicate ad hominem: the attack must be used for the purpose of undermining the argument, or otherwise the logical fallacy isn't there. It is not a logical fallacy to attack someone; the fallacy comes from assuming that a personal attack is also necessarily an attack on that person's arguments.

Therefore, if you can't demonstrate that your opponent is trying to counter your argument by attacking you, you can't demonstrate that he is resorting to ad hominem. If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.

Actual instances of argumentum ad hominem are relatively rare. Ironically, the fallacy is most often committed by those who accuse their opponents of ad hominem, since they try to dismiss the opposition not by engaging with their arguments, but by claiming that they resort to personal attacks. Those who are quick to squeal "ad hominem" are often guilty of several other logical fallacies, including one of the worst of all: the fallacious belief that introducing an impressive-sounding Latin term somehow gives one the decisive edge in an argument. ;)

True, Ad-hominem is misused often.

For example, the anti Drew/Jeff comments made above could be considered a personal attack, but they were not used to undermine an argument he/they made.

That is not Ad-hominem.

However, when insults are thrown by one side (Campese should be fired, for instance) to try to dismiss the opinions of their opposition (Campese should stay on), that IS the very definition of Ad-hominem.

Here endeth the lesson. :D

...none of which changes this statement I made earlier:

"Insulting someone...on a public message board because they don't agree with your opinion says more about the attacker than the ones being attacked: namely that you aren't confident enough in what you are saying to let it stand on its own...that you need to smear someone else in a cheap attempt to make your opinion look stronger. Most people figured out how to recognize that BS in high-school, regardless of whether they were dishing it or receiving it."

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
My biggest issue is analysis that, whether it be from Drew Wilson or bloggers, flies in the face of all evidence and is clearly, and very transparently, being orchestrated by the management (Campese). An abysmal record in the 5th year of a regime doesn't lie ... the numbers are what they are.
Interestingly, this thread - which has a positive title and purpose was started and initially supported by bloggers who are generally not big supporters of the Campese. And it took almost 10 hours for any of the usual 'establishment' (Campese supporters) bloggers to respond to this thread and congratulate Winther on his accomplishment. Not wanting to be 'ad hominem' in my argument, but it gives me the impression that the only purpose of a couple of the bloggers here is to blindly defend Campese. I guarantee if anything negative had been said about Campese, there would have been an immediate response .... which of course there was when the broadcasting team was held accountable for ridiculous behavior and comments. Are these bloggers fans or defenders ? Oh .. and Wapitikev, thanks for the opportunity to brush up on my Latin!

Any time you need some more latin-practice RB you let me know. :)

No need to worry about Ad-hom, RB. You stated an opinion...that your impression was X.

You didn't call anyone a mindless minion, or blind, or say that their head was in the sand, or that they were retarded, or their mother wears army boots, in order to make your point. That's Ad-hom.

Here's a suggestion. I won't take offense if you state that I seem to be a Campese minion if you don't take offense to me stating that I believe you are an anti-Campese minion. Then we can dispense with calling each other stupid or whatever.

Heh.

Consider me suitably chastised for not congratulating Mike sooner... unfortunately my free time does not allways allow me to post as soon as I'd like.

Back to hockey ... lets hope the boys pound the hell out of the Colin Smith led Blazers tonight. If any of the boys are reading this, lay the lumber and body on Smitty and he'll fold like a cheap tent, he doesn't like the physical stuff.

Double-AMEN!!

-Wapitikev

Dwight Schrute
12-15-2011, 09:00 PM
too bad winther didnt make the top prospects game.... not really sure how sutter from the blades would make it over him...just as a example.

lordstanley
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM
too bad winther didnt make the top prospects game.... not really sure how sutter from the blades would make it over him...just as a example.

2 different players Sutter is a irritating guy to play against will never put up Winther numbers for goals, but is a great physicle 2 way player who plays against teams top lines all year long and shuts them down, will fight anyone on any given night and almost has 30 points right now,not sure what more i could really say about him other than that

the voice
12-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Clear up something for me. Is Sutter from the Sutter family hierarchy (which would explain automatic inclusion because of politics), or is he not related at all (which gives him more credit), Or is he a Euro? Thought i was surprised once to see him talked about as a Euro with a Sutter name. Could have been another.

lordstanley
12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Clear up something for me. Is Sutter from the Sutter family hierarchy (which would explain automatic inclusion because of politics), or is he not related at all (which gives him more credit), Or is he a Euro? Thought i was surprised once to see him talked about as a Euro with a Sutter name. Could have been another.

He is from the Sutter family but that doesn't matter look at his numbers this season 26 points in 33 games he is a + 8 with 74 pims second line center who shuts down other teams top lines no politice here my friend he has been our best forward in half the games we have seen this season

the voice
12-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Must be another in the league that is a Euro. Good for your Sutter. Likely deserving. Bloodlines in hockey give you an edge when comparing apples to apples. It at least grabs attention of the higher ups and leads them to pay more attention. You can't tell me if a kid flys into Saskatoon and has the name Yzerman, you won't automatically think top end player and pay attention. Just listen to sports announcers. Player A's dad played for so and so. Player B is brother to so and so. Player C's uncle was captain of the American Hockey Leagues Team X. It is an edge. It's not limited to hockey. We have brothers playing for Team Canada right now and the first thing in the story is that Mom and Dad are Olympians. Would they have the same chance if Mom and Dad were labourers? Chances of 2 brothers making the World Junior team with no hype of some kind is pretty rare. Again, good for them. Mike Winther is deserving and may be a last minute addition when game time comes because he keeps playing well and puts up numbers or someone can't play. All I can say is hockey dads want to drink what Grampa Sutter drank. Again, Sutter likely deserves it and is the one wearing the skates. Just the way it is all over.

SectionNDeserter
12-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Clear up something for me. Is Sutter from the Sutter family hierarchy (which would explain automatic inclusion because of politics), or is he not related at all (which gives him more credit), Or is he a Euro? Thought i was surprised once to see him talked about as a Euro with a Sutter name.You are thinking of Seattle's Swiss import Dave Sutter (http://whl.ca/roster/show/id/6718), who is clearly more of a distant relative.

lordstanley
12-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Not sure how i could be so blind, of course that's how sutter made this team was because of his last name duh, it has nothing to do how he has been our top 3 best forward all season long and is only 18 in his draft year

Wapitikev
12-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Winther played pretty well but only managerd an assist tonight.

Go Mike (on December 27th)!

...the Raiders need about 25 wins in the second half to make the playoffs...

1 more win down, 23 to go.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
12-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Winther played pretty well but only managerd an assist tonight.

Go Mike (on December 27th)!

1 more win down, 23 to go.

-Wapitikev

Are those Believe posters back again ? lol

Wildeyes
12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
wasnt this a good job winther thread how the hell did it turn into a Sutter thread.

Trolls be banished back to under your bridge (AKA Blades forum) LOL

lordstanley
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM
A Raider poster was the one who started it by saying Sutter only got in due to his last name i just simply corrected him back under my bridge now but wich one lol

Western Elite
12-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Good one! You are right Prince Albert only has one bridge for all the trolls to go under, two if you include the train bridge. I heard they wanted another bridge but Troll Wall won't allow it!:clap:

XCHEKR
12-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Good one! You are right Prince Albert only has one bridge for all the trolls to go under, two if you include the train bridge. I heard they wanted another bridge but Troll Wall won't allow it!:clap:

YES ... we know Sktn. needs all those bridges just for that very reason! And I heard they were in the news this week:o > maybe the bridges will help!!! Now since this is a RAIDER board > Congratulations to the Raiders on another win!!! Merry Christmas and come back ready to take care of business!!!:clap::clap::clap:

lordstanley
12-17-2011, 12:54 PM
YES ... we know Sktn. needs all those bridges just for that very reason! And I heard they were in the news this week:o > maybe the bridges will help!!! Now since this is a RAIDER board > Congratulations to the Raiders on another win!!! Merry Christmas and come back ready to take care of business!!!:clap::clap::clap:

It's very simple just reverse your record in the first half to the second half and you should get the 8th seed no problem 72 game marathon not a race

mjw22
12-17-2011, 04:30 PM
We picked up Wells off waivers from Port . I see he played 20 games for PA last year . Other than one season in SEA hasn't put up much for numbers. What's the guy bring if anything. any views would be welcome.

AAAScout
12-17-2011, 05:13 PM
We picked up Wells off waivers from Port . I see he played 20 games for PA last year . Other than one season in SEA hasn't put up much for numbers. What's the guy bring if anything. any views would be welcome.

good skater, hard worker, good penalty killer, not much for offense, but then again I am not sure you guys were looking for that? I think he will fit in nicely and help out with speed and defense and penalty kill, if he does find his offense again, it would be a huge pick up.

Dwight Schrute
12-17-2011, 08:57 PM
A Raider poster was the one who started it by saying Sutter only got in due to his last name i just simply corrected him back under my bridge now but wich one lol

i only used him as a example because being a year older then winther and obviously less skilled. and i dont find much to admire in his physical game either.

lordstanley
12-17-2011, 09:14 PM
i only used him as a example because being a year older then winther and obviously less skilled. and i dont find much to admire in his physical game either.

Fine that's your opinion i think he deserves to be there but i also think Winther does too

the voice
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Ok, back to your own thread now. All I questioned was the nationality of a player. I congratulated the kid for his inclusion on the list. After all, it was a Saskatoon visitor to the PA thread. As for the name thing, if you don't believe a name or parents history has something to do with hype, you haven't had a kid go through minor hockey, midget, junior or college...guaranteed. It's a fact. SUTTER...10-16-26. WINTHER....18-13-31.
Winther deserves it as much if not more. So case closed. Move on and we'll keep supporting our team here, you can do what you do over there.

lordstanley
12-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Ok, back to your own thread now. All I questioned was the nationality of a player. I congratulated the kid for his inclusion on the list. After all, it was a Saskatoon visitor to the PA thread. As for the name thing, if you don't believe a name or parents history has something to do with hype, you haven't had a kid go through minor hockey, midget, junior or college...guaranteed. It's a fact. SUTTER...10-16-26. WINTHER....18-13-31.
Winther deserves it as much if not more. So case closed. Move on and we'll keep supporting our team here, you can do what you do over there.

Numbers don't matter all the time when selecting these kids if they did jordan weal would have made team canada and nugent hopkins would have made team Canada last year, KASE IS NO KLOSED i will now return to my board thank you ! and merry christmas !