PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs KEL Game #34

patsdude114
12-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Well this was a game i was looking forward too ever since the Bell trade but Bell is still hurt (as of last nite anyways) not even sure if he came with the Rockets on there trip. The Rockets so far are 0-3 on there trip out East & it definately doesnt get easier for them by missing there offensive Dman in Bell & no Bulmer altho Bulmer didnt make the WJ team so he may get to Regina in time for this game (which i fully expect).

As for the Pats I would like to see Beukeboom get a 2nd straight start at home & save Hewitt for 3games in 3 nites on the weekend, but then again this game tonite is a key 2pts before the xmas break & there is no forsures that we will grab 2pts in those 3 weekend slated games. Its prob not a tough decision at all for the Coaches i fully expect Hewitt to get the start but would be nice to see Beukeboom play & gain abit more confidence.

Does Weal have another performance in him like he did on Sunday nite scoring 3g1a? I thought that was Weal's best game all season long & not just cuz of the points he put up, he seemed to be playing with that chip on his shoulder & was reading plays which lead to 2 of his goals. This Weal factor i believe is what will make Lang hold onto him & guide use into the playoffs for the 1st time in 3yrs.

Any reports if Underwood is playing tonite? Our defense has been playing great without 1 of our top 4 guys with the depth guys we have picking up those key minutes (Blidstrand, Burroughs, Peel, Zimbalik) all played games during Underwood's injury. Blidstrand scoring a big goal in MJ to tie the game & he got credit with the GW for his high flip in & a goalie misplay on Sunday. No 1 cares how they go in as long as they go in :D

Bepoleon
12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
I too was looking forward to this match-up against the Rockets and Bell. I think even if Bell was ready to play, it would be in their best interest not to dress him til the next game. my two pennies.

Let's go Pats! It appears that Swift and PA are starting to get wins together.

P.S - It starting to irritate me that Winther is catching on fire lol. (Pats were criticized for picking Stephenson over him). I stand by Stephenson but dang!lol

patsdude114
12-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Beukeboom gets a 2nd straight start tonite & a surprise call up for tonites game as the Pats recall Bortsmayer interested to see his progression over the last 2.5 months. I thought from the preseason & the 1st home game that he didn't look out of place so I guess let's see tonite.

Also forgot to mention in 1st post that Jobke gets a 0hance to play his old team, something Underwood didn't get to do the other nite due to injury.

patsdude114
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Bulmer showcased his ability 21secs into the game dangling thru the defense & eventually putting it in the back of the net.

For the most part the Pats controlled the 1st period after that, our PP looks lost tonite.

lordstanley
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
So if not for the Kelowna goalie the Pats could be up ?

Dan Plaster said earlier this kind of game could be a trap game

patsdude114
12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Haha nice comment lordstanley & not even close the pats rnt directing quality chances on net at all. This is a boring game to watch as both clubs play the same style grind it out style of hockey with only 2 or 3 really skilled guys on either side.

Rockets 2nd goal was a very weak goal Beukeboom was not set right at all glove hand was way to low when he came out to challenge & he fired it right over the glove nice shot but it was in such slow motion make Beukeboom look bad on it.

Oh & lordstanley don't worry its only Makarov that steals games on a consistant basis in this league :p

lordstanley
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Haha nice comment lordstanley & not even close the pats rnt directing quality chances on net at all. This is a boring game to watch as both clubs play the same style grind it out style of hockey with only 2 or 3 really skilled guys on either side.

Rockets 2nd goal was a very weak goal Beukeboom was not set right at all glove hand was way to low when he came out to challenge & he fired it right over the glove nice shot but it was in such slow motion make Beukeboom look bad on it.

Oh & lordstanley don't worry its only Makarov that steals games on a consistant basis in this league :p

Haha funny you know what other fans around the league keep saying if not for Makarov we would have won like he isn't apart of the team or something lol i say this OTHER TEAMS THEN GET A GOOD GOALIE YEESH LOL

patsdude114
12-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Tough loss in OT ut none the less still a very big point in OT glad Klimchuk was able to show enough poise in the slot & pull that puck to the backhand & score.

Very bad goal for the OT winner Beukeboom made a young mistake & didn't get his stick between the 5 hole quick enough when going into butterfly a far out shot like that not screened should never go in (just like goalie coach on the radio show said after the game) either way tough loss Beukeboom did make some good saves tonite robbing Bulmer on that SH chance with the pad.

The Rockets look like a better team then their record shows, they have a few very talented guys.

I thought Jobke was trying to do too much tonite against his old team, like he was thinking too much instead of just reacting, imo I think he had a rough 2 periods but in 3rd settled down abit & played his game.

A look ahead into this weekend Friday nite playing the Hitmen in Calgary is a big game for oth teams would be great for the Pats to start that lil road trip with a big win in Calgary.

& lordstanley I agree more teams need a goalie like Makarov he is a treat to watch & u Blade fans get to watch him on a nightly basis, Hewitt has stole us a couple games this year as well just like every other goalie has on other teams, just think Makarov does it ait more often is all (my opinion of course)

lordstanley
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Tough loss in OT ut none the less still a very big point in OT glad Klimchuk was able to show enough poise in the slot & pull that puck to the backhand & score.

Very bad goal for the OT winner Beukeboom made a young mistake & didn't get his stick between the 5 hole quick enough when going into butterfly a far out shot like that not screened should never go in (just like goalie coach on the radio show said after the game) either way tough loss Beukeboom did make some good saves tonite robbing Bulmer on that SH chance with the pad.

The Rockets look like a better team then their record shows, they have a few very talented guys.

I thought Jobke was trying to do too much tonite against his old team, like he was thinking too much instead of just reacting, imo I think he had a rough 2 periods but in 3rd settled down abit & played his game.

A look ahead into this weekend Friday nite playing the Hitmen in Calgary is a big game for oth teams would be great for the Pats to start that lil road trip with a big win in Calgary.

& lordstanley I agree more teams need a goalie like Makarov he is a treat to watch & u Blade fans get to watch him on a nightly basis, Hewitt has stole us a couple games this year as well just like every other goalie has on other teams, just think Makarov does it ait more often is all (my opinion of course)
I enjoy your game recaps as always keep up the good work man :clap:

Rocketsfan
12-15-2011, 01:31 AM

Thanks for the game recap man, sorry that you couldn't see Bell play.