PDA

View Full Version : Pats road trip to Alberta Game #35,36,37

patsdude114
12-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Well tonite is the start of an Albert road trip in Calgary a ig game a battle for 7th winner takes it.

Tonites game is also on sportsnet, following the Knights vs Storm game. This game has a future franchise NHL player in Max Domi a 16yr old sensation who is tearing up the OHL right now. So far watching this game he has no disappointed has blazing speed & can do things at such a high speed. One of my best online friends with the NHL series has talked about Domi so much & he hears a lot aout Weal so tonite we both get to enjoy watching each others team.

But back to the Pats there will be no doubt who starts this game for the Pats between the pipes in Hewitt, I fully expect Hewitt to start all 3 games this weekend going into the xmas break

patsdude114
12-17-2011, 12:30 AM
big win by the pats tonite Hewitt stole this game tonite for the Pats made some Makarov type saves (thats for u lordstanley) ok oko just made some big saves but more importantly key saves.

weal didnt disappoint again on national tv

lordstanley
12-17-2011, 08:09 AM
big win by the pats tonite Hewitt stole this game tonite for the Pats made some Makarov type saves (thats for u lordstanley) ok oko just made some big saves but more importantly key saves.

weal didnt disappoint again on national tv

Thanks for that :D

patsdude114
12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Another big game for the Pats tonite playing in Red Deer. Red Deer is suffering from some key injuries to there team & have been spinning out of control downwards in the standings. What was it just like 3 weeks ago the Rebels were up in the top 4 in the Eastern Conference.

The Pats have a great chance to gra 2pts tonite & hopefully gain ground on the Blades abit more. Only on my blackberry not sure if the Blades are playing tonite but I believe the Pats were 4pts behind them after last nite & to pull within 2pts of the Blades would be huge.

I think tonites game is very important as the Pats head into EDM tomorrow & with how hot they have been playing our chances of winning another game against them looks slim. A 2-1 road trip thru alberta would be a solid trip before xmas break.

GO PATS!

patsdude114
12-18-2011, 03:40 AM
1:05 is all it took for the Pats to lose tonites game & that was in the 2nd period where the Rebels scored twice during that span from the drop of the puck to start the 2nd

The Pats need to learn to score on the PP tho need to start baring down & finding the back of the net, keeping pressure on the PP is great but still useless if u cant score.

The Pats can stay in games against good teams but if Weal doesnt score or set someone up for a tap in the Pats dont score much. If Lang does trade Weal (which is still a great possibility) we will hardly score for the rest of the year, which is very sad & speaks volumes for the rest of the team. We may have players that work there tails off but very tough for them to score.

Lets hope for the best in EDM tomorrow afternoon, altho the Hitmen only lost 2-1 to the Oil Kings tonite so it could be possible we could put in another solid effort & hope for a win.

RWAH
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
This team plays its best against the top teams so it should be a good game this afternoon. With a break or two it could be a W. Not sure what happened the Chandler S but hope it will be OK after Christmas

Speaking of Christmas. Wishing holiday greetings to all the contributors and the readers on the board.

RWAH
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow the first period over pats up 3 - 2 and it sounded like the pats played the dump and for check game very well. They will need to be very careful and not take penalties.

lordstanley
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Wow weal scores with 0.7 seconds left to win it for the Pats what a gutsy effort playing 3 games in 3 nights too wow this team is the real deal 1 points out of second now and only 8 out of first INSANE

patsdude114
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
OH MY.... Weal scores with 0.7secs left in the 3rd period on the breakaway to beat the Oil Kings 6-5 in regulation.

The Pats are 3-0 against the Oil Kings this year, so the Pats still end up going 2-1 on this road trip not the 2nd win i expected but wow huge win & an exciting game to listen to on the radio

lordstanley
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
OH MY.... Weal scores with 0.7secs left in the 3rd period on the breakaway to beat the Oil Kings 6-5 in regulation.

The Pats are 3-0 against the Oil Kings this year, so the Pats still end up going 2-1 on this road trip not the 2nd win i expected but wow huge win & an exciting game to listen to on the radio

No doubt my god that was exciting i listened too the real deal jordan weal

patsdude114
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow weal scores with 0.7 seconds left to win it for the Pats what a gutsy effort playing 3 games in 3 nights too wow this team is the real deal 1 points out of second now and only 8 out of first INSANE

Stanley from an outsider looking in what would u do with Weal? Looking at the Pats in how they play & how they work but lack some scoring would u trade Weal reguardless or add a player who can help Weal, not a marquee player but just someone maybe along the lines of Crooks (from VIC who Conacher had coached last season)

Depending who the 1st round match up is the Pats would always have that Weal factor & Hewitt is more then capable of winning a series. The Pats defense is prob 1 of the oldest groups in the Eastern Conference. Its not like the Pats dont have prospects the deepest the Pats have been in 10 yrs with prospects & everyone knows how important playoff experience is for younger guys (& our guys would be Stephenson, Volek, Peel, Beukeboom, Klimchuk, Burroughs) playoff experience would be huge for there development & for this team to move forward next season without Weal (where all expectations are he moves onto pro next year)

lordstanley
12-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Stanley from an outsider looking in what would u do with Weal? Looking at the Pats in how they play & how they work but lack some scoring would u trade Weal reguardless or add a player who can help Weal, not a marquee player but just someone maybe along the lines of Crooks (from VIC who Conacher had coached last season)

Depending who the 1st round match up is the Pats would always have that Weal factor & Hewitt is more then capable of winning a series. The Pats defense is prob 1 of the oldest groups in the Eastern Conference. Its not like the Pats dont have prospects the deepest the Pats have been in 10 yrs with prospects & everyone knows how important playoff experience is for younger guys (& our guys would be Stephenson, Volek, Peel, Beukeboom, Klimchuk, Burroughs) playoff experience would be huge for there development & for this team to move forward next season without Weal (where all expectations are he moves onto pro next year)

From a outside view if the Pats feel they can get home ice advantage and have a legit shot at it 4th seed or higher then i say add a small piece to the puzzle, up front maybe take a shot on a Inglis type of player a point per game guy who is a huge agitator will fight anyone in the league, only thing is can he behave himself ? if you can get him at a cheap price i say go for it, if you can't get Inglis then maybe look for a Ryan Harrison type guy from Everett for cheap, i wouldn't do nothing drastic with this team maybe just a tinker here and there

Hell Weal could still come back next year you never know

Merry Christmas and GO CANADA GO :groovy:

west coast
12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
good game to listen to on the radio. Dan Plaster was in rare form and what a great call on the winning goal!! Pats are proving to be a hard working team and they wont get results every night but with hard work, some nights they will be rewarded with points when in all reality- they stole 2 points in Edmonton today

patsdude114
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
A 6-5 hockey game really isnt stealing 2 points imo its amazing the record the Pats have when being outshot compared to when they outshoot a team. But i do agree it was a very rare call by Plaster i personally think he is a brutal radio guy just flys by the seat of his pants most games, at times its like he doesnt know what to say but yet he walks around the Brandt Center like he is some big shot. Id love to drift him 1 just from how he presents himself like his * dont stink but id like to think that i have abit more maturity then that at age 29 lol

This road trip could of easily been 3-0 but also could of been 0-3 as well, we got out played in all 3 games (at least by shots) the game last nite in RD didnt seem like the Rebels outplayed us as the shots showed.

In all 3 weekends in Decemeber before this xmas break the Pats played 3games in 3 nites & every weekend came out with a 2-1 record, & 2 of those weekends could of easily went 3-0 the loss in Stoon last weekend really hurt & the loss last nite in RD could of easily went the Pats way but the old shoulda coulda woulda comes into play & it wasnt.

RWAH
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
WOW we beat Edmonton after a short turn around but loose the Red Deer when they are short staffed and play a Manitoba Junior goalie. If this team would play with the same intensity when playing teams lower in the standings and stop giving those points away they would be close to first.

Pats Dude there is no doubt that Weal is for real and the main man for this team this year. It is 95% he will not be playing junior next year so he will only play the 35 league and as few as 4 playoff games if we do not trade him.

This team has 8 - 92s (19 year old) and 3 - 91s. From that group of 11 only 3 can play for the pats as over age next year. The 92s are (Olstad, Weal, Schiedle, Reider, Underwood, Bildstrand, Jobke, Hewitt). The 93s (18 this year or 19 year old next season) are ( Martell, Oulette, Stevenson D, Zymbaluk, Borstmayer) That is a very weak group of 19 and over age for next season.

IMO we need to strengthen our 93 and 94 year players. If we don't we will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next year We need to trade to get a quality 93 and 94 maybe a 95 and some draft pick for either trading or building 3 or 4 years from now.

Our coaching is rock solid but with out some trading the older age players next year will be lacking

True our 16 and 17 year old are as good as any in the league but they need some older age players that can lead the team. Our rooster now, the 19 year old forwards next season are (Martell, Oulette, and Stevenson D) and the D men are (Zymbaluk and Borstmayer)

Looking at Saskatoon rooster they have 3 - 92 born this season and all can play as overage next year. Potentially their rooster will change by the 3 overage. Our rooster as is will loose 8 players for next season (one third of the team)

Enough ranting. Great win today and a great way to go into the break. The players sure deserve the Christmas off

Next up GO CANADA GO

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Regardless of what we do, we have to add to our '93 group if we expect to compete next year. It is a 18/19 year olds' league and it makes a big difference to even add just one decent player on each position.

I can understand how we got in this situation with the unexpected Bell drama, and perhaps the trade for Jobke working out 'too well'...but we have to put the right pieces to use. I know its debateable considering the game this afternoon, but I still think we should moreso lean towards selling...though not going the extreme, but capitalizing on the value of players like Weal, and one of Davidson or Jobke depending on the chances of Colten returning.

witness
12-19-2011, 09:04 AM
without a doubt the Pats need to upgrade their 18 year old age group and to some extent the 17 year old and 15 year old groups as well.

I do think that the Pats will move some minor pieces like maybe a Martell, Blidstrand, Borstmayer or Moser after the Christmas break.

I don't think they need to have a fire sale. I think that if you can get a block buster deal with quality young players coming back for Weal then you move him. If a team is only willing to give up draft picks and prospects then keep him.

When you get down the the nitty gritty of the deal. Weal was a 4th round draft pick and Davidson was a list player. the package deal that those two will attract will be a huge upgrade to the organization's depth.

As far as I am concerned, the Bell for Jobke and a couple of draft picks was a win for the Pats. Bell needed to go and Jobke has played really well and the picks will add depth. The fact that the Pats have the option to move Jobke for more players or picks is a bonus.