PDA

View Full Version : Favourite all time Rebels goal? (Thread deleted before?)

Rebel66
01-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure why this post was deleted or disappeared for some reason. Hey all you moderators what happened?

Discounting the Lynch OT Memorial Cup winner my favourite was Colby Armstrong's 2OT winner against Calgary in the second round of the playoffs from that year. I believe it was the turning point in the run to the cup. I also would choose this one over Wanvig's OT winner which clinched the WHL Championship because I was there to see it. Wanvig's goal was really special too though.

rdreb
01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I had Joel Stepp's goal with .7 left in the second of the final of the mem cup.

I also had Wanvig winning goal in Portland in 2001 carring the d-man on his back after comming out of the sinbin to win 1-0.we where out shot something like 28 to 14 in that game

Keeping The Faith
GO REBELS GO

Tinner
01-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Martin Erat's fisrt goal with the Rebs after the trade. It was an end to end rush. The fans went nuts and the players seen the newest member score a goal on his second shift.

At the time, the Rebels were a good team playing inconsistant hockey. I beleive this goal changed the thinking of everyone on the team and they decided they could'nt be beat if they played hard every night. Of course, they went on to win the Memorial Cup.

And it was a pretty goal :D

Red celtic
01-22-2005, 04:37 PM
My favorite whl goalwould have to be Chris Neiszner double overtime goal in Brandon which sent the boys to the finals.