PDA

View Full Version : WK Prospects

booboo
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I wonder if anyone out there has access to the WK prospects and their stats up to this time of year?

lordstanley
12-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I wonder if anyone out there has access to the WK prospects and their stats up to this time of year?

I know the Blades site has there whole 50 PPL list up on there website you guys don't have that ?

Brandon
12-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Best bet is to ask Alan Caldwell.

lordstanley
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
How did Hawerluk spell check ? not make the under 17 roster for the upcoming tourney ?

lordstanley
12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Looks like our prospect christian stockl may have passed him by a bit now, either way both guys are gonna be great!

booboo
12-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Hawerlyk is 15 while Stockl is 16---we must comparre apples to apples.

Brandon
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Lol Lord, there are only two 96 born kids on all the 5 Canadian teams combined and both are on Atlantic. Reasonable to assume he wouldn't be on the U17.

lordstanley
12-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Lol Lord, there are only two 96 born kids on all the 5 Canadian teams combined and both are on Atlantic. Reasonable to assume he wouldn't be on the U17.

Thanks but next time could you say oh Lord ? lol

lordstanley
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I just thought the way people were talking about him he would be a exception i don't know lol

WHEATMAN
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I just thought the way people were talking about him he would be a exception i don't know lol

In any case, doing a bit of research couldn't hurt...

To compare, Stockl is 16 and in 23 games has 24 goals and 22 assists for 46 points on the best team in the Manitoba AAA League (Winnipeg Wild) that has a record of 27-1-1.

Meanwhile, Hawryluk is 15 and in 25 games has 23 goals and 22 assists for 45 points on the worst team in the entire league (Parkland Rangers) that has a record of 7-17-4.

Whatever WK scout makes trips up to the 'perogy belt' is worth his weight in gold.

Joe Hallenback
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Hawryluk is going to be a superstar in this league mark my words. He is about 5'10 right now and hopefully he adds an inch or 2 but he has speed and skill to burn. One of the best Manitoba midget players I have ever seen.

Colton Waltz is playing in the Alberta Junior A league with Bonnyville and is doing very well. Another good young D that we either are going to have to find a spot for or trade

Taylor Cooper and Kyler Hehn are both in the top 10 in scoring. Cooper was ok when he was here a little overwhelmed I thought.

Kord Pankewicz is also in the top 20 in scoring in the Alberta AAA midget league and I still can't figure out if he is a forward or D. Apparently he is just all over the ice and is pretty damm good.

John Quennville had a good start to the midget campaign then slowed down a bit. He was pretty good at the u16 challenge. Big power forward 6'3 already. I think fans are going to like what they see next year

Dallas Starodub is playing Midget City AAA which is a shame he should be on the Winnipeg Thrashers but the coach they have doesn't want to many 15 year olds even if they are better then some of the 17 year olds. Big tough kid. Took boxing lessons this year.

Riley Lindgren is playing good with the Thrashers. Really talented player but really light right now. If he can put on some weight and size he has a shot.

I think for sure next year the 16 year olds will be Papirnry,Pankewicz and Hawryluk. Quennville has the size and we have open forward spots so he might stick.

Palmer and Cooper probably make it as 17 year olds. Waltz should be here next year as well.

dagley
12-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Pankewicz is a defenseman. I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not :(

lordstanley
12-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Pankewicz is a defenseman. I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not :(

Dagley RIP to your Sig picture

chalk_one_up
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM

I think he meant that because he has played both defense and forward this season, he was unsure as to where he is currently playing or where he's spent the majority of his playing time.

sbtatter
12-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Hawerlyk reminds me of Calvert, but he's bigger and better than Calvert was at 15 years old....

Joe Hallenback
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Pankewicz has played both forward and D this year. I know at camp he was a D but I wonder if he wouldn't be better suited as a forward. He is a big kid too already at around 6'1 170. Can really skate.

Joe Hallenback
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
One guy I forgot to mention was Tim McGauley who is leading the ND Hounds in scoring in Sask this season. The Hounds are a very poor team as well. Tim is playing very well and hopefully he gets a little bit stronger for next year.

Looking at our team for next year

Walker(20) Seaman(18) Bertaggia(19)
Favreau(20 Swriypa(19) Meilleur(19)
Mraz(19) Asham(18) Conroy(18)

Not the greatest returning group for sure. The top line should be able to score and I think Meilleur,Asham and Conroy will produce better next year. Not sold on Swriypa at all. Favreau would be a poor 20 year old I think and Mraz has shown he can't score.

I think Cooper,McGauley,Hehn,Palmer,Hawryluk and Quenville all start the season here. I have a feeling they keep at least 3 extra forwards because of the injury issues we had this year so we can rotate more.

I think they see if they can land an impact euro forward and they dump Mraz. I think they look for an impact 20 year old forward that has size and toughness and drop Favreau.

WHLFANMAN
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
One guy I forgot to mention was Tim McGauley who is leading the ND Hounds in scoring in Sask this season. The Hounds are a very poor team as well. Tim is playing very well and hopefully he gets a little bit stronger for next year.

Looking at our team for next year

Walker(20) Seaman(18) Bertaggia(19)
Favreau(20 Swriypa(19) Meilleur(19)
Mraz(19) Asham(18) Conroy(18)

Not the greatest returning group for sure. The top line should be able to score and I think Meilleur,Asham and Conroy will produce better next year. Not sold on Swriypa at all. Favreau would be a poor 20 year old I think and Mraz has shown he can't score.

I think Cooper,McGauley,Hehn,Palmer,Hawryluk and Quenville all start the season here. I have a feeling they keep at least 3 extra forwards because of the injury issues we had this year so we can rotate more.

I think they see if they can land an impact euro forward and they dump Mraz. I think they look for an impact 20 year old forward that has size and toughness and drop Favreau.

7 returning D men, a pocket full of drafts picks, a strong list of 50 and a paaaaaartridge in a peaaaaaar tree!:groovy:

Joe Hallenback
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I have been hearing Rumblings they might go for it this year though and make 2 big trades. 1 for a Goalie and 1 for a big scoring Forward. Then go really young next season.

One name that I hear cropping up is Kent Simpson from Everitt and possibly Kevin Sundhar from Victoria

WHLFANMAN
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Hawryluk is going to be a superstar in this league mark my words. He is about 5'10 right now and hopefully he adds an inch or 2 but he has speed and skill to burn. One of the best Manitoba midget players I have ever seen.

Colton Waltz is playing in the Alberta Junior A league with Bonnyville and is doing very well. Another good young D that we either are going to have to find a spot for or trade

Taylor Cooper and Kyler Hehn are both in the top 10 in scoring. Cooper was ok when he was here a little overwhelmed I thought.

Kord Pankewicz is also in the top 20 in scoring in the Alberta AAA midget league and I still can't figure out if he is a forward or D. Apparently he is just all over the ice and is pretty damm good.

John Quennville had a good start to the midget campaign then slowed down a bit. He was pretty good at the u16 challenge. Big power forward 6'3 already. I think fans are going to like what they see next year

Dallas Starodub is playing Midget City AAA which is a shame he should be on the Winnipeg Thrashers but the coach they have doesn't want to many 15 year olds even if they are better then some of the 17 year olds. Big tough kid. Took boxing lessons this year.

Riley Lindgren is playing good with the Thrashers. Really talented player but really light right now. If he can put on some weight and size he has a shot.

I think for sure next year the 16 year olds will be Papirnry,Pankewicz and Hawryluk. Quennville has the size and we have open forward spots so he might stick.

Palmer and Cooper probably make it as 17 year olds. Waltz should be here next year as well.

All great to hear! If I were a "D" prospect i would ask to be wrapped up in a trade deal for christmas! Look what thier doing to rookies Kuczek and Nikkel? and like I said before the Pulock and Roy show ends with high wingers! Now can they play "D" Hmmm??? "SOFT"! :o

WHLFANMAN
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
All great to hear! If I were a "D" prospect i would ask to be wrapped up in a trade deal for christmas! Look what thier doing to rookies Kuczek and Nikkel? and like I said before the Pulock and Roy show ends with high wingers! Now can they play "D" Hmmm??? "SOFT"! :o

HAHA! I do love this team!!!!:clap: Just can't understand it's direction!:clown:

booboo
12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I see on the Bonnyville Pontiacs of the Alberta Jr. Hockey league that goaltender Curtis Honey a WK list player is no longer listed as one of their goalies---Is he still on the WK list? Is he coming to Brandon to back up Anderson or is he part of an impending trade?? Food for thought???? It is also possible he is injured but you would think he would still be listed as one of their goalies.

Joe Hallenback
12-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I feel bad for Kuzcek because he is 17 and not playing at all. Nikkel is being brought along slowly just like they did with Robak,Roy,Pulock etc...Brandon has churned out the D by doing that to it's 16 year old D.

Joe Hallenback
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I see on the Bonnyville Pontiacs of the Alberta Jr. Hockey league that goaltender Curtis Honey a WK list player is no longer listed as one of their goalies---Is he still on the WK list? Is he coming to Brandon to back up Anderson or is he part of an impending trade?? Food for thought???? It is also possible he is injured but you would think he would still be listed as one of their goalies.

Well his Twin brother is in Seattle....

Rye
12-22-2011, 06:18 PM

I heard he is getting called up to back up Anderson while Boes is out.

sbtatter
12-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I heard he is getting called up to back up Anderson while Boes is out.

How has Honey performed this year?

booboo
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Go to AJHL website and to the Bonnyville Pontiacs website and check out the stats----he was doing quite well

sbtatter
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Go to AJHL website and to the Bonnyville Pontiacs website and check out the stats----he was doing quite well

I was looking for opinions of someone who's been watching him, not just stats

lordstanley
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
I was looking for opinions of someone who's been watching him, not just stats

Anyone check out Alex Moodie for the Winnipeg Wild this season ? looks like that,s who we are calling up after Xmas

sbtatter
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
WHEAT KINGS ADD HONEY TO LINEUP

Brandon, MB. - When the Brandon Wheat Kings bring the curtain up on the second half of their 2011-12 Western Hockey League regular season next week, they will have a new face in the lineup.

The Wheat Kings have announced that 17-year old Edmonton goaltender Curtis Honey has agreed to join the team for the balance of the season. A former member of the Alberta Junior Hockey League's Bonneyville Pontiacs, the 5'11" 170 lb Honey will serve as back-up to veteran Brandon Anderson, who became the club's number one goalkeeper earlier this month when 18-year old Corbin Boes suffered a broken hand during a game against the Oil Kings in Edmonton.

Honey was added to the Wheat Kings' protected list last season after he led the SSAC Atletics to the Championship of the prestigious Mac's AAA Midget Hockey Tournament with a 39-save performance in a 3-2 victory over the Saskatoon Contacts. In nineteen games with the Alberta AAA Midget League club last season, he compiled a stellar 15-3-1 record, a 2.64 goals against average and a .921 save percentage for his hometown Athletics, who featured current Wheat King Dakota Conroy in their lineup.

In seventeen games with the AJHL's Pontiacs this season, Honey had posted a 2.41 goals against average, a .919 save percentage and an impressive 12-4-1 record. In fact, at the time of his promotion he had lost just one of his last eight decisions.

Honey is expected to join the team on Boxing Day and will be in the lineup Wednesday night when the Wheat Kings kick off the second half of the regular season against the visiting Regina Pats.

Brandon
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
How has Honey performed this year?

Can't really speak to this season but I really like the kid. I think a lot of people who watched him last season for the first half were suprised he hadn't been listed. He was dominant at Macs and really looks like a solid goalie. Should be a very reasonable back up for Anderson. His stats as a rookie in the AJHL seem to support he has continued to be solid this season as well.

If he plays well Brandon will have 3 very talented goalies next season and Brandon Anderson as an O/A, possibly some good pieces to move in a trade.

chalk_one_up
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
For the duration of the season? Hmm, something has to be brewing in the works.

WHLFANMAN
12-23-2011, 01:49 PM
For the duration of the season? Hmm, something has to be brewing in the works.

Agreed!;)

Joe Hallenback
12-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Boes is going to be out for the rest of the Season

booboo
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Are you serious??? Out for the rest of the year with a broken hand??? Seems hard to believe--there must be something in the works come Jan. 10.How do you this for sure?

sbtatter
12-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Are you serious??? Out for the rest of the year with a broken hand??? Seems hard to believe--there must be something in the works come Jan. 10.How do you this for sure?

The broken hand will keep him out until mid to end Feb, so that's why Honey's hear for the rest of the season....

Rye
12-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Probably safe to say 3 - 4 weeks for Boes as of right now. Not sure if they toss him into a game right away or what but you'd have to assume he'd be cleared to start doing workouts in a couple weeks at least?

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Probably safe to say 3 - 4 weeks for Boes as of right now. Not sure if they toss him into a game right away or what but you'd have to assume he'd be cleared to start doing workouts in a couple weeks at least?

A catching hand would be more serious than a blocker hand. Never did hear which hand he broke.....just rumours as to how. If it was the blocker hand, he could at least still excercise his catching hand. If not, then everything would be at a stand still. Right now, one thing is obvious.....everything is as clear as mud.

Trevor
12-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I can't remember 100%, but I know there were pictures of him in the paper for when some Wheaties go into the schools, and I believe it was his right hand that was casted. But like I said I'm not certain it was, and quite frankly don't feel like rifling through the recycling to look lol.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I can't remember 100%, but I know there were pictures of him in the paper for when some Wheaties go into the schools, and I believe it was his right hand that was casted. But like I said I'm not certain it was, and quite frankly don't feel like rifling through the recycling to look lol.

There can't be that many papers in there....lol...oh well, like I said. Hopefully he can still keep on top of his glove hand reflexes. Hopefully he comes back ready to rock. the playoffs won't be far off by then.

Trevor
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
There can't be that many papers in there....lol...oh well, like I said. Hopefully he can still keep on top of his glove hand reflexes. Hopefully he comes back ready to rock. the playoffs won't be far off by then.

Haha its more flyers than anything else...

WHLFANMAN
12-28-2011, 10:31 PM
A catching hand would be more serious than a blocker hand. Never did hear which hand he broke.....just rumours as to how. If it was the blocker hand, he could at least still excercise his catching hand. If not, then everything would be at a stand still. Right now, one thing is obvious.....everything is as clear as mud.

It's his blocker hand. speaking with tenders it's out to the jury which is worse.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
It's his blocker hand. speaking with tenders it's out to the jury which is worse.

I played goal a bit, and yes, it would affect both appenidges somewhat. The blocker hand would not have to be 100% to start reconditioning the glove hand.

Why didn't he just leave his blocker on?