PDA

View Full Version : WHL on the net FREE

RWAH
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
The whl are net casting all the games on Dec 27, 28 and 29 free. Just use promo code "whllive' A chance to watch the pats in Brandon on the 28th

lordstanley
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
The whl are net casting all the games on Dec 27, 28 and 29 free. Just use promo code "whllive' A chance to watch the pats in Brandon on the 28th

Good people will get the chance to see how bad whl web tv has been this year

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Good people will get the chance to see how bad whl web tv has been this yearZero problems with it for me so far this year.

lordstanley
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Zero problems with it for me so far this year.

I don't have freezing or buffering problems it's just the camera men blow bad

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't have freezing or buffering problems it's just the camera men blow badOnly truly bad camera guy I saw was in Saskatoon. As soon as the whistle goes, the guy jerks the camera up at the scoreboard, until the puck drops, and then jerks it back to the puck drop. The PA one shows the 50/50 total 40% of the time, a farmer wearing a crown 20% of the time, a local pizza place ad 20% of the time, and the game the other 20% of the time (with all of them transitioned with a terrible, cheesy 3d animated logo). One time there was really poor audio in Swift Current, but most of the time I have the sound turned off anyways.

In reality, if I took some Gravol or something, I could deal with the Saskatoon camera guy, but the feed from PA is always completely unacceptable.

Of the 60 or so webcasts I have taken in over the last 2 seasons, a small percentage of them had issues with the camera and sound, most of them are pretty good, especially some of the American teams' broadcasts.

RWAH
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
With the differing opinions i am interested to get my first taste of the web-cast on the 28th and will add my opinion after that

west coast
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
i am hoping that the free trial attracts alot of new fans to the service as well as it can be a very useful tool to get bums in seats for home games.

lordstanley
12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
i am hoping that the free trial attracts alot of new fans to the service as well as it can be a very useful tool to get bums in seats for home games.

I hope you guys enjoy web tv i know i wont be renewing my subscription for next season not overly happy with it

jayson
12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
its super bad

west coast
12-23-2011, 04:55 PM
i havent been happy with it over the years, keep hoping that it will get better , it is too bad that the WHL doesnt take this more serious.Fans will only be dissapointed a few times before they shun this service

Fight Guy
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
My brother and I tried watching a game once this year, and that one time, the service wouldn't even work. Paid for the game, re-downlaoded plug-ins, and still wouldn't let us watch. Haven't tried since.

lordstanley
12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
My brother and I tried watching a game once this year, and that one time, the service wouldn't even work. Paid for the game, re-downlaoded plug-ins, and still wouldn't let us watch. Haven't tried since.

Crappy thing for me is the camera men in Saskatoon are 1 of the worst in the league so that's atleast 36 games of viewing right there for me

pontcanna
12-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Paying $2.50 per road game works for me. Yup, some of the camerawork leaves a lot to be desired, but I find it quite watchable overall.

fatshad
12-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I watch all the Victoria games and the feed is better in some rinks than others for whatever reason. The feed from Victoria , Kamloops , Kelowna and Tri City are quite good , however the feed from Pr George and Seattle is brutal. Overall however 90 percent of the games are very watchable and I find it well worth the 300 bucks to watch any games you want plus the archive games as well !!!
:):clap::)

RWAH
12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Tried to watch the game but my computer is too old it couldn't keep up and froze.