PDA

View Full Version : Lowry out of action

CHtoo
12-27-2011, 09:01 AM
From Swift Current Online

The Swift Current Broncos could lose one of their top scorers long term, as forward Adam Lowry is to undergo surgery today for a fractured wrist.

Lowry suffered the injury in the fourth game of the season, but the extent was not known until recently. There is no timeline for his return.

Lowry has scored 12 goals and has 37 points, sitting second in team scoring behind Taylor Vause.

The Broncos return from the Christmas Break tonight when they take on the Prince Albert Raiders. Face-off from the Credit Union iplex is at 7:00pm and you can hear the game on the Eagle 94.1 starting at 6:30pm.
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 27 December 2011 )

If Lowry suffered the injury early in the season he hasn't done badly with a broken wrist!!

Toswammi
12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
From Swift Current Online

The Swift Current Broncos could lose one of their top scorers long term, as forward Adam Lowry is to undergo surgery today for a fractured wrist.

Lowry suffered the injury in the fourth game of the season, but the extent was not known until recently. There is no timeline for his return.

Lowry has scored 12 goals and has 37 points, sitting second in team scoring behind Taylor Vause.

The Broncos return from the Christmas Break tonight when they take on the Prince Albert Raiders. Face-off from the Credit Union iplex is at 7:00pm and you can hear the game on the Eagle 94.1 starting at 6:30pm.
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 27 December 2011 )

If Lowry suffered the injury early in the season he hasn't done badly with a broken wrist!!

Imagine his play after it gets fixed :)

Flathead
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
He might be gone for the season is what i was told. That's a big blow.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 01:03 AM
He might be gone for the season is what i was told. That's a big blow.

At the risk of sounding like a vulture, if the white flag is about to go up for the season, what do you think it would cost us to pry Taylor Vause away from the Broncos? I would love to see him centering Stone and Ferland.

CHtoo
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
At the risk of sounding like a vulture, if the white flag is about to go up for the season, what do you think it would cost us to pry Taylor Vause away from the Broncos? I would love to see him centering Stone and Ferland.

The only players I would trade Vause for would be:

1. Bertaggia

or

2. Boes

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
The only players I would trade Vause for would be:

1. Bertaggia

or

2. Boes

Let me give you a crash course in Rebuilding 101. You have a high end player(s) such as Vause, Hoban, Groenhyde, so you trade him for prospects, draft picks, and/or a serviceable veteran along with prospects or draft picks. Trading our No. 1 goalie and one of our top 6 forwards for an overage player totally defeats ther purpose of loading up for a playoff run. I posed the same question to the PA page about McNeill, and on Everett about Simpson(goalie). If we tried to add McNeill, we wouldn't trade Stone or Ferland in return. It is the way it's been done for years. Vause would probably draw a pkg like Ciarelli(OA Center), and a 2nd round pick. Doesn't seem like much. But to give you a growing range, Scott Glennie was a second rounder, and we picked in mid rounds that year.

gobroncos1986
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Let me give you a crash course in Rebuilding 101. You have a high end player(s) such as Vause, Hoban, Groenhyde, so you trade him for prospects, draft picks, and/or a serviceable veteran along with prospects or draft picks. Trading our No. 1 goalie and one of our top 6 forwards for an overage player totally defeats ther purpose of loading up for a playoff run. I posed the same question to the PA page about McNeill, and on Everett about Simpson(goalie). If we tried to add McNeill, we wouldn't trade Stone or Ferland in return. It is the way it's been done for years. Vause would probably draw a pkg like Ciarelli(OA Center), and a 2nd round pick. Doesn't seem like much. But to give you a growing range, Scott Glennie was a second rounder, and we picked in mid rounds that year.

what did you give for Darian Dziurzynski again? two second round picks and a third. Vause has produced better than him this year and plays a position that you need help with. A guy you have to get rid of in order to add him and a 2nd seems like an lowball offer to me.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
what did you give for Darian Dziurzynski again? two second round picks and a third. Vause has produced better than him this year and plays a position that you need help with. A guy you have to get rid of in order to add him and a 2nd seems like an lowball offer to me.

You are right. I was merely pointing out how Bertaggia and Boes wouldn't make sense in this case. You are correct on the value of Vause. Draft picks and prospects would be what the Broncos get, not top line players....as I said, teams in contention aren't gonna trade star players one for one when trying to load up for the playoffs.

gobroncos1986
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
You are right. I was merely pointing out how Bertaggia and Boes wouldn't make sense in this case. You are correct on the value of Vause. Draft picks and prospects would be what the Broncos get, not top line players....as I said, teams in contention aren't gonna trade star players one for one when trying to load up for the playoffs.

well i'd rather see the broncos get guys who are closer to getting into the league than draft picks. Tim McGauley or Jayce Hawryluk. forward prospects because the broncos have a lot of young d coming up.

Toswammi
12-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't take draft picks, but would much rather take players that I have an idea about.

Give me a solid 16/17 F and maybe even a G prospect (can't have too many of them).

If I was Lamb I would look into buying a solid 18yr old F to play along (and keep up with) Black.

FYI. I like MJ as my favorite trading partner is we are looking for guys 15-17 (from what I have seen)

booboo
12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
You think Brandon would give you guys McGauley or Hawrlyk for a 20 year old? What are you smoking??? Give your head a shake and listen for the sounds.:confused:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 05:50 PM
The thing alot of people do, and we have done it too, is overvalue player trades. Vause is the best player on S.C. but he would not be the best player by far if he was with Brandon via trade. Where he would fit on another team is how most values are garnered.

When we traded Schenn last year he was arguably the best player in the league. Therefore he was worth a big price. Vause isn't even the best player in the division. But aside from McNeill in PA, he may be the best center in the division. We need a first or second line center. That's where Vause would fit with us. So you may get a couple of good draft picks and a serviceable overage for him, no matter who trades for him.

He's an upper level player, but not on an elite level. He's just the best player on a bad team. Someone may inquire about Groenhyde as well, but being an overage nobody is gonna break the bank for someone who will play maybe 40 games for you and then be gone due to graduation. That's why overage deals don't usually amount to alot.

gobroncos1986
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM
The thing alot of people do, and we have done it too, is overvalue player trades. Vause is the best player on S.C. but he would not be the best player by far if he was with Brandon via trade. Where he would fit on another team is how most values are garnered.

When we traded Schenn last year he was arguably the best player in the league. Therefore he was worth a big price. Vause isn't even the best player in the division. But aside from McNeill in PA, he may be the best center in the division. We need a first or second line center. That's where Vause would fit with us. So you may get a couple of good draft picks and a serviceable overage for him, no matter who trades for him.

He's an upper level player, but not on an elite level. He's just the best player on a bad team. Someone may inquire about Groenhyde as well, but being an overage nobody is gonna break the bank for someone who will play maybe 40 games for you and then be gone due to graduation. That's why overage deals don't usually amount to alot.

why are the prospects i mentioned so out of the question when another overage player cost you two 2nd round picks and a 3rd? one of them was a second round pick himself and the other is a former first round pick that didn't make the league as a 16 year old. i don't think either guy is a ridiculous name to mention.

the broncos i would think want some kind of return that would make an impact sooner than 4 years from now.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
why are the prospects i mentioned so out of the question when another overage player cost you two 2nd round picks and a 3rd? one of them was a second round pick himself and the other is a former first round pick that didn't make the league as a 16 year old. i don't think either guy is a ridiculous name to mention.

the broncos i would think want some kind of return that would make an impact sooner than 4 years from now.

I guess if a deal happens, you'll have a precedent for future deals. Like I said, overage players at the deadline are stretch run upgrades. That's why overage trade values always look thin to the naked eye. It's just the way it is. You can always keep Vause and let him finish career on yet another non playoff team and get nothing for the future.

d-man
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Vause won't be traded for picks. Lamb needs players that will be productive 18 & 19 year olds over the next two seasons. Next season needs to be huge with guys like Scarlett and Lowry leading the way as 19's who may not be around as 20's.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 08:33 PM
If he's traded, you are probably gonna be the most shocked out of everyone. They won't get a big package for Vause. They'll get a body for the roster and a draft pick. He's not Schenn, and he's not Nugent-Hopkins. He's the top player on a team that will no doubt finish close to or in last place. Same with Hoban and Groenhyde. If he was the leading scorer in the league, he would be worth more. But he's not. I get that you all love hime at the I-Plex, but he's not a superstar, and he won't garner a huge package. It wouldn't be a one for one, but it won't be a heck of alot more than that. Just cause you wouldn't make the trade doesn't mean Lamb won't.

d-man
12-28-2011, 08:56 PM
If he's traded, you are probably gonna be the most shocked out of everyone. They won't get a big package for Vause. They'll get a body for the roster and a draft pick. He's not Schenn, and he's not Nugent-Hopkins. He's the top player on a team that will no doubt finish close to or in last place. Same with Hoban and Groenhyde. If he was the leading scorer in the league, he would be worth more. But he's not. I get that you all love hime at the I-Plex, but he's not a superstar, and he won't garner a huge package. It wouldn't be a one for one, but it won't be a heck of alot more than that. Just cause you wouldn't make the trade doesn't mean Lamb won't.

Never said he was a Shenn or RNH. Also never said we deserve to get a ton for him. What I said is any deal lamb makes needs to be for a player or a prospect that can play today or be productive in the next season or two. Those are the needs, draft picks right now not so much. Vause gives the broncos the best chance to make the playoffs that's why I don't see Lamb trading him and conceding the season because like you said were not going to get a top end player in a one for one deal.
Hoban heck you can have him and I'll pay the one way greyhound ticket.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Never said he was a Shenn or RNH. Also never said we deserve to get a ton for him. What I said is any deal lamb makes needs to be for a player or a prospect that can play today or be productive in the next season or two. Those are the needs, draft picks right now not so much. Vause gives the broncos the best chance to make the playoffs that's why I don't see Lamb trading him and conceding the season because like you said were not going to get a top end player in a one for one deal.
Hoban heck you can have him and I'll pay the one way greyhound ticket.

Then I'll pay for Melnysucks ticket and pay his first months billet fees. Then we'll be even....there's the one for one deal.

A multi player deal each way could land you an 18 or 17 year old up and comer who gets the experience this year and can take the reins and run next season. We do have a few guys that maybe need a change of season and philosophy, perhaps.

Vause will probably attract alot of offers. Maybe even Groenhyde. We'll all know for sure within the next 13 days.

Trevor
12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
why are the prospects i mentioned so out of the question when another overage player cost you two 2nd round picks and a 3rd?

My personal opinion was that Lorne wanted to stick it to KM on the DD deal because he WAY overpaid in the Schenn deal. Had the deal been with anyone other than the Wheat Kings I honestly don't think the return would've been as high. Also KM had just picked up most of what he gave for DD in the Liston/Galbraith trade.

But back on track here, I could see McGauley maybe but it would have to be Vause & a pick.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 10:46 PM
My personal opinion was that Lorne wanted to stick it to KM on the DD deal because he WAY overpaid in the Schenn deal. Had the deal been with anyone other than the Wheat Kings I honestly don't think the return would've been as high. Also KM had just picked up most of what he gave for DD in the Liston/Galbraith trade.

But back on track here, I could see McGauley maybe but it would have to be Vause & a pick.

That would make sense, unless there might be more pieces involved. There is also the old bait and switch, where you pick up a player you need to complete a package to send somewhere else to really get a guy you want badly.

Toswammi
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I wonder what the value of a 3rd round pick is? We have two and I wouldn't mind seeing one packaged to get a great 18yr old winger.

booboo
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
You WILL not get a top 18 year old for a 3rd round draft pick---you will need to add more to the offer.

Toswammi
12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
You WILL not get a top 18 year old for a 3rd round draft pick---you will need to add more to the offer.

I am not looking at a top end player. Just a guy that will be around and be able to score goals for the next few years. It's not like I am offering a 3rd for McNeil/Rattie/etc (or even a guy like Point here lol) and blindly think it will be enough.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I wonder if John Groenhydhe will get any attention at the deadline. He did quite well in a short playoff run for Edmonton last year. I will be watching to see if you guys even think of trading Lowry as part of the rebuild. I guess it depends if he's indeed done for the year or not.

Oh well, 12 days to figure it all out.

gobroncos1986
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I wonder if John Groenhydhe will get any attention at the deadline. He did quite well in a short playoff run for Edmonton last year. I will be watching to see if you guys even think of trading Lowry as part of the rebuild. I guess it depends if he's indeed done for the year or not.

Oh well, 12 days to figure it all out.

trade lowry!? he's injured for at least two months and he's for sure the captain next year.

d-man
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Then I'll pay for Melnysucks ticket and pay his first months billet fees. Then we'll be even....there's the one for one deal.

A multi player deal each way could land you an 18 or 17 year old up and comer who gets the experience this year and can take the reins and run next season. We do have a few guys that maybe need a change of season and philosophy, perhaps.

Vause will probably attract alot of offers. Maybe even Groenhyde. We'll all know for sure within the next 13 days.

Too bad Melnychuk is a defenceman. We could use a big body like that in front of the net to fill Lowry's spot. Otherwise Hoban for Melnychuk, two bus tickets and one brown bag lunch would have been a good deal.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Too bad Melnychuk is a defenceman. We could use a big body like that in front of the net to fill Lowry's spot. Otherwise Hoban for Melnychuk, two bus tickets and one brown bag lunch would have been a good deal.

we are also sad he is a defenceman. We are even more sad that he's a defenceman on our team.

mjw22
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
we are also sad he is a defenceman. We are even more sad that he's a defenceman on our team.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D FUNNY :groovy:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D FUNNY :groovy:

yadayadayada.......

Anyway, Vause might be a good fit with our second line and we have actual prospects people are interested in....Oh did I mention Stone just got his 5th of the WJ's..... and will soon get credit for his 6th.

Toswammi
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM

Phil Tot?