PDA

View Full Version : WK lineup

booboo
12-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Anyone out there hear any rumours regarding whether the WK will be making some trades come deadline time? Are they buyers or sellers? Thoughts anyone?

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Starting to wonder if something is up or not. They could use a few things this year, but our defence will be at it's peak age next year and Boes and Honey will have the goalie spot locked up(provided they're still here). Perhaps working with what we have this year and then looking to make a big deal next year might be a better avenue to explore. It's very likely that Stone, Ferland, and Anderson will not be part of the plans next year. Finding a big name center and building a can't miss first line might be better served for next year. Then again.....

How close are we to being top dogs this year? Stone, Ferland, and Walker have been great. But would a Mark McNeill centering that line be a real over the top piece to the puzzle? Do we break the bank for D man Alex Petrovic and part with the likes of Miller or Hunter? Do we look at upgrading our overage spots by ditching Melnychuk and Ciarelli?

But the biggest question won't face us as fans. It will face GM Kelly McCrimmon. That question is.....Which teams are willing to part with what players....and at what cost? You see the teams who hold rights to these players may want too much in KM's eyes. Some teams may just say no thanks and not want to part with these players.

And are we going to rotate 3 goalies the rest of the season? Or is a major deal in the works on that front?

The plot thickens.......stay tuned.

mjw22
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Anyone out there hear any rumours regarding whether the WK will be making some trades come deadline time? Are they buyers or sellers? Thoughts anyone?

What would it take to get Stone or Ferland if they are sellers ? They may need more than a goaltending upgrade to go deep.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 05:00 PM
We are challenging for the division. The leading scorer in the league and our second leading scorer aren't going anywhere. We are probably one real good D man and a good offensive center away from being real contenders. I'm not sure goaltending is a real downfall for us. But refraing from giving up 40 shots a game would fix alot of things that are working against us right now.

Trevor
12-27-2011, 10:32 PM
I have absolutely no sources on this, and I'm not saying "you heard it here first" or anything like that, so if it doesn't happen I don't want anyone jumping all over me saying I was wrong.

The general consensus is that Honey is a good goaltending prospect. But Papirny is better. So I believe KM would consider Honey tradeable. Interestingly enough, Honey's twin brother plays for Seattle. Now I have no idea what else would be involved in any sort of deal, but I have heard rumour of a trade involving Honey and Calvin Pickard.

I just want everyone to remember that in no way, shape, or form, am I saying a trade like that will happen. I'm just posting here what I have been told by others.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I have absolutely no sources on this, and I'm not saying "you heard it here first" or anything like that, so if it doesn't happen I don't want anyone jumping all over me saying I was wrong.

The general consensus is that Honey is a good goaltending prospect. But Papirny is better. So I believe KM would consider Honey tradeable. Interestingly enough, Honey's twin brother plays for Seattle. Now I have no idea what else would be involved in any sort of deal, but I have heard rumour of a trade involving Honey and Calvin Pickard.

I just want everyone to remember that in no way, shape, or form, am I saying a trade like that will happen. I'm just posting here what I have been told by others.

I have heard the same rumour. I think it's because Pickard is from Winnipeg, and everyone thinks it makes sense to bring him in. Personally, I think a better choice for a 19 yr old keeper would be Kent Simpson from Everett. Much better numbers considering where Everett is in the standings. Pickard is good, but I'm wondering if maybe we need to upgrade our blueline and add another veteran scoring forward. These moves could possibly lead to less shots on goal per game. We need to do that before anything. Below our top 6 forwards are very inexperienced and ineffective. Guys like Favreaux and Swyripa have not produced at all really and should be down around the fourth line if they stay.
Daniel Asham should be centering the second line. A skilled center would wake those guys up to full potential. Plus Asham would blossom offensively playing with the likes of Bertaggia and Dzurzinski. Ciarelli is an offensive albatross around their neck.
It baffles me that they gave away Carter Proft for a late pick. He has big potential I think, yet Ciarelli started the season as the number 1 center.
This season still has big potential. It's not too late. But somethings gotta give.......and soon.

Joe Hallenback
12-28-2011, 09:04 AM
I heard 2 pretty good rumors

- The Wheat Kings are pursuing Pickard. Seattle is on the ledge on whether they want to deal him or not. The Wheaties are willing to send them Honey, one of the D not named Roy or Pulock or Nikkel and some prospects. Some names that crop up is Kyler Hehn and Jack Palmer.

- The Wheat Kings are interested in Kevin Sundhar. But apparently Victoria wants Nikkel

witness
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I would take the Pickard deal, from both teams prespective. Seattle is not really going anywhere. they are not going to compete with Portland, Tri City, Vancouver or Kamloops. Seattle needs to upgrade their prospects.

Brandon will get a goaltender that can steal games. The Wheat Kings have not had that in a long time. And they have a ton of young guys and will not be able to find roster spots for them all.

booboo
12-28-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree with what you say" witness",but it depends on just how much Seattle wants in return(remember the Schenn trade last yeawhere the Blades definitely overpaid for Schenn. We don't want to go down that road do we.) If we send them Honey, I would think 1 more prospect like Palmer and Hunter/Kuczeck should be enough. Send a 2nd or 3rd round pick or another prospect next year in the event that Pickard comes back as an overager.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Pickard at his best is tough to beat. But when he's off, he may as well change his name to Andrew Hayes.

Simpson has a very calm demeanor, he's a big body in the net at 6' 3" and 200 lbs. He has been so consistent this year all things considered in Everett. The only difference is I think Simpson's price will be substantially steeper since Everett has nothing to lose this year, and Seattle might take the likes of Anderson at an attempt to squeak into the playoffs and take their chances once there.

But as I've said before, we desparately need to stop giving up 40 shots a game, or it won't matter who's in net. Because even with a .900 save pct. it still equates to 4 goals a game. Not even close to a recipe for success.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 12:24 AM
with more updates. Just warning people not to get excited for nothing again.

patsdude114
01-06-2012, 12:46 AM

lol oh i have noticed & saying the Pats are the frontrunners to land Etem r u F-ing kidding me????

this guy needs to get his head examined his so called "source" isnt even a source just him talking out of his ass.... its funny tho today listening the the sports radio show here in regina they had Weal on the show & they were talking about the WHL trade deadline & they even brough up the blogger that started the Pickard rumour & how it even got reactions from both GMs involved & how Seattle wants to hang onto the Pickard & make the playoffs as they think the playoffs r more important in developing there players

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 01:00 AM
lol oh i have noticed & saying the Pats are the frontrunners to land Etem r u F-ing kidding me????

this guy needs to get his head examined his so called "source" isnt even a source just him talking out of his ass.... its funny tho today listening the the sports radio show here in regina they had Weal on the show & they were talking about the WHL trade deadline & they even brough up the blogger that started the Pickard rumour & how it even got reactions from both GMs involved & how Seattle wants to hang onto the Pickard & make the playoffs as they think the playoffs r more important in developing there players

from the Blades page told me that this guy did this last year too. He claims things are going to happen, then when they don't he goes into hiding.

lordstanley
01-06-2012, 07:37 AM
from the Blades page told me that this guy did this last year too. He claims things are going to happen, then when they don't he goes into hiding.

He's the same guy who said Jared Cowen was traded to a bad P.A team last year

lordstanley
01-06-2012, 07:44 AM
wow lueber said stone and bertaggia will be in your lineup tonight i am a little surprised teams normally give there players a day off after a tourney like this i know makarov isn't playing for us

dagley
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
wow lueber said stone and bertaggia will be in your lineup tonight i am a little surprised teams normally give there players a day off after a tourney like this i know makarov isn't playing for us

Bertaggia has already had a few days off, and Stoner...hes a gamer, he wouldn't want to sit.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Bertaggia has already had a few days off, and Stoner...hes a gamer, he wouldn't want to sit.

got a break last year A) to rest his shoulder that he injured at the WJ's and B) to finish the deal to send him to Saskatoon. Stone was probably given the choice and chose to play.

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I would take that too mean he isn't going to get traded. If he was going to get traded he would have sat this weekend

bobsaget
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Nobody else is getting excited ONLY YOU ARE

sbtatter
01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I would take that too mean he isn't going to get traded. If he was going to get traded he would have sat this weekend

I wonder what we would have realistically got for Stone if KM would have traded him?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I wonder what we would have realistically got for Stone if KM would have traded him?

Realistically speaking, does anyone see this as even a remote possibility? The more I think about it, would Kelly really pull the trigger on that? I would think at least 3 pieces, either 2 prospects and a high pick, or vise versa.

mjw22
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Realistically speaking, does anyone see this as even a remote possibility? The more I think about it, would Kelly really pull the trigger on that? I would think at least 3 pieces, either 2 prospects and a high pick, or vise versa.

about right same return as Weal. If KM can't get a goalie it becomes a good option Ferland & DD as well any or all would help the future.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
about right same return as Weal. If KM can't get a goalie it becomes a good option Ferland & DD as well any or all would help the future.

That means we're shooting for the moon. No Stone, No Ferland= No moon. It would defeat the purpose of getting a goalie for the playoffs. We have 18 yr old Boes whos back in a month. We would want scoring prospects, as we already have a ton of defensive prospects and a blue chip goalie waiting in the wings.

mjw22
01-06-2012, 05:44 PM
That means we're shooting for the moon. No Stone, No Ferland= No moon. It would defeat the purpose of getting a goalie for the playoffs. We have 18 yr old Boes whos back in a month. We would want scoring prospects, as we already have a ton of defensive prospects and a blue chip goalie waiting in the wings.

Read maniac dont just post :) I said if KM DOESN"T get a goalie .

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Read maniac dont just post :) I said if KM DOESN"T get a goalie .

my bad.

Trevor
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM

I would say more than what Regina got for Ashton last season, but less than KM got for Schenn.

For a friendly reminder here's the two trades.

To Tri-Cities: Carter Ashton, 2012 3rd round pick
To Regina: Tanner Olstead, Nils Moser, 2011 1st Round, 2012 2nd & 5th round

To Saskatoon: Brayden Schenn, 2012 3rd round
To Brandon: Nikkel, McGauley, 2011 1st & 2nd round, 2012 1st round, 2012 1st round import draft.

I would also suspect Ferland would fetch a similar bounty to Ashton.

Pecker
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Yes! and KM's gotta be crazy to not go out and collect that bounty!! How unreal would we be in 2 to 3 years if KM did that!!
Do it KM!!
Sell, Sell, Sell!!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes! and KM's gotta be crazy to not go out and collect that bounty!! How unreal would we be in 2 to 3 years if KM did that!!
Do it KM!!
Sell, Sell, Sell!!

is what Kelly talked about last year for the young D core. This year they need that too. They will be in tact for next season. Plus we have a ton of pipeline depth at every position. Blue chip forwards, defencemen, and a top end goalie prospect. Our offence will need some help next year, but we already showed where we are without Stone this year. No Stone= No playoffs.

Pecker
01-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Another loss by the Wheaties! This team is crashing and burning! Get something for Stone while you still can KM! Look to the future!!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 09:36 PM
we gotta get the split tomorrow night. We are slumping badly right now. But we will work out of it.

WHEATMAN
01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but I miss McCrimmon coaching this team.

Really, what else can explain this team playing so poorly? On paper the WK's are way better than last year but they don't seem to be responding to Clouston. I have also heard rumours that Clouston can be a dick too and that the players don't care for him... who knows if that's true?

Regardless of McCrimmons flaws, at least he got the very best of his players and they always played hard for him- he was a players coach. With Clouston, this doesn't seem to be the case.

booboo
01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
What is happening to our team? We seem to be imploding---3 straight lop-sided losses. Why would we think we are a contender in the East Division? We have a lot of over-rated d-men. Something needs to be done. Very frustrating!!! All the other teams like Regina, Saskatoon,even Swift Current are catching us and passing us. For a good sized team we need to be far more physical than we are. Hit someone!!

mjw22
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Really, what else can explain this team playing so poorly? On paper the WK's are way better than last year but they don't seem to be responding to Clouston. I have also heard rumours that Clouston can be a dick too and that the players don't care for him... who knows if that's true?

Regardless of McCrimmons flaws, at least he got the very best of his players and they always played hard for him- he was a players coach. With Clouston, this doesn't seem to be the case.

That rumor seems to be sticking to him where ever he goes. From the outside looks like after your goalie blew up this team is slowing quitting on the coach. Looks a lot like the last days in Ottawa maybe KM cans him he's only got a one year deal.

WHLFANMAN
01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Aaaah, You guys are actually starting to figure it out!:confused:

lordstanley
01-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe whlking can give you guys some hopes with a great rumor maybe pickard sunder and murray are coming your way ?

WHLFANMAN
01-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Maybe whlking can give you guys some hopes with a great rumor maybe pickard sunder and murray are coming your way ?

I've always thought u had interesting things to say:cool: Now i think u live with your mother:rolleyes:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 11:43 PM
That rumor seems to be sticking to him where ever he goes. From the outside looks like after your goalie blew up this team is slowing quitting on the coach. Looks a lot like the last days in Ottawa maybe KM cans him he's only got a one year deal.

but it has an out clause if an NHL job is offered to him before the contract is up.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
I've always thought u had interesting things to say:cool: Now i think u live with your mother:rolleyes:

I hope you know that too. WHLKING is the one who started the Pickard rumours earlier this week. He's just lightening the mood.

But it would help if our top 2 lines had scoring centers. Sorry, but Walkers a winger, not a center. He was put there because there was no one else to put there. I don't know how long it's gonna take them to realize that Ciarelli is never going to fit in on a scoring line.

WHLFANMAN
01-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I hope you know that too. WHLKING is the one who started the Pickard rumours earlier this week. He's just lightening the mood.

But it would help if our top 2 lines had scoring centers. Sorry, but Walkers a winger, not a center. He was put there because there was no one else to put there. I don't know how long it's gonna take them to realize that Ciarelli is never going to fit in on a scoring line.

Ya I know. I was being light too;) I like Walker as a center in the defensive zone.

drummermajor
01-07-2012, 12:57 AM

The team's not playing up to it's potential, but this isn't anywhere near the trouble they had last year. I'm concerned, but not willing to press panic yet. (just realized that it's their 10th in 15....worse than I thought)

On the topic of CC. I don't want it to be read into too much, but my spouse overheard a number of the players at the Westend rink complaining about Clouston and the last minute practice. They were very unimpressed with having that thrown at them on their day off. I wasn't there, so I couldn't hear whether the tone implied that it was 'one more thing' to complain about or just a bunch of teenagers whining. All I know it was apparent enough to spectators that they weren't impressed with him at that moment in time.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-07-2012, 11:43 AM
The team's not playing up to it's potential, but this isn't anywhere near the trouble they had last year. I'm concerned, but not willing to press panic yet. (just realized that it's their 10th in 15....worse than I thought)

On the topic of CC. I don't want it to be read into too much, but my spouse overheard a number of the players at the Westend rink complaining about Clouston and the last minute practice. They were very unimpressed with having that thrown at them on their day off. I wasn't there, so I couldn't hear whether the tone implied that it was 'one more thing' to complain about or just a bunch of teenagers whining. All I know it was apparent enough to spectators that they weren't impressed with him at that moment in time.

They hated him too, but once they realized what he had to offer, he made guys into winners. Now, by no means, am I saying Clouston is in the same league as Bowman, but the inmates have run the asylum in that room for so long that now they are maybe wondering where all these rules came from all of a sudden. McCrimmon was not so much a players coach. He just let the stars do whatever they wanted. You have guys on that team like Melnychuk who think they're stars and after 5 years he still hasn't learned to skate backwards properly. They need to start realizing that almost is not gonna cut it.

If they wanna gripe about a practice like that after they stunk the place out in Saskatoon, let them complain. Now they get to see what it truly means to sink or swim.

WHLFANMAN
01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
They hated him too, but once they realized what he had to offer, he made guys into winners. Now, by no means, am I saying Clouston is in the same league as Bowman, but the inmates have run the asylum in that room for so long that now they are maybe wondering where all these rules came from all of a sudden. McCrimmon was not so much a players coach. He just let the stars do whatever they wanted. You have guys on that team like Melnychuk who think they're stars and after 5 years he still hasn't learned to skate backwards properly. They need to start realizing that almost is not gonna cut it.

If they wanna gripe about a practice like that after they stunk the place out in Saskatoon, let them complain. Now they get to see what it truly means to sink or swim.

What the heck does all this mean? This thought is like watching a ball run it's course through a Plinko Machine! Clouston and Bowmen in the same sentcnce, Players ruling over Kelly, all what "new rules"??? Melny part i get.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
What the heck does all this mean? This thought is like watching a ball run it's course through a Plinko Machine! Clouston and Bowmen in the same sentcnce, Players ruling over Kelly, all what "new rules"??? Melny part i get.

you obviously didn't read it close enough. I will reiterate. I'm not saying Clouston is in the same class as Scotty Bowman. But McCrimmon had his favorites and everyone saw it. Do you not remember the much maligned incident involving Scott Glennie and Jesse Hall during Mem Cup year? The story was about Glennie smashing a VLT machine and missing curfew with Hall in tow. Hall got sent home, because Hall wasn't a star.....Glennie didn't get anything. And lots more happenings over the years. Kelly is where he needs to be to run this team effectively. Clouston is in the process of making men out of boys. He's obviously far from being done.

dubfanman
01-07-2012, 06:13 PM
you obviously didn't read it close enough. I will reiterate. I'm not saying Clouston is in the same class as Scotty Bowman. But McCrimmon had his favorites and everyone saw it. Do you not remember the much maligned incident involving Scott Glennie and Jesse Hall during Mem Cup year? The story was about Glennie smashing a VLT machine and missing curfew with Hall in tow. Hall got sent home, because Hall wasn't a star.....Glennie didn't get anything. And lots more happenings over the years. Kelly is where he needs to be to run this team effectively. Clouston is in the process of making men out of boys. He's obviously far from being done.

Wheatiemaniac, you are way off base on this one. KM has/had a history of winning in WK country, CC has/does not. The old Bowman style coach has run its course and doesn't fly with today's players. If you want to win, you better get along with your stars, or you're screwed. CC had the same problem in Ottawa, and has lost the dressing room and the respect he needs to be successful here. Being an aloof bully does not get results today. Don Hay is probably the only coach that has the chops and history to be able to do an imitation of Bowman. The only success CC has had was when he was with the Ice and the best GM in major junior hockey. And all reports suggest the players were successful in spite of Clouston. Bet ya three smacks in the head with a wet kipper that CC is an assistant video man in the ECHL or AHL next year. He won't be back behind the WK bench.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Wheatiemaniac, you are way off base on this one. KM has/had a history of winning in WK country, CC has/does not. The old Bowman style coach has run its course and doesn't fly with today's players. If you want to win, you better get along with your stars, or you're screwed. CC had the same problem in Ottawa, and has lost the dressing room and the respect he needs to be successful here. Being an aloof bully does not get results today. Don Hay is probably the only coach that has the chops and history to be able to do an imitation of Bowman. The only success CC has had was when he was with the Ice and the best GM in major junior hockey. And all reports suggest the players were successful in spite of Clouston. Bet ya three smacks in the head with a wet kipper that CC is an assistant video man in the ECHL or AHL next year. He won't be back behind the WK bench.

I feel he is a good hockey man, but I will agree with you, the way things are going, he may very well take a spot anywhere and move on next season if things don't change.

I do agree with keeping players happy, butyou can't let them think they're in charge. In life there leaders and followers. The coach is the leader, and alot of players get the idea that because they have a bit of skill, they should be treated differently.

But if he leaves, then what? Is Chewy the next HC in Brandon?

WHEATMAN
01-07-2012, 08:15 PM
But if he leaves, then what? Is Chewy the next HC in Brandon?

Chewy has certainly paid his dues and I wouldn't at all object to him taking over. He seems like a hell of a guy as well and I bet the players would play hard for him.

dubfanman
01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Chewy has certainly paid his dues and I wouldn't at all object to him taking over. He seems like a hell of a guy as well and I bet the players would play hard for him.

Perfect!

lordstanley
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Guess you could say the Wheaties were due tonight holy moly :eek:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Guess you could say the Wheaties were due tonight holy moly :eek:

there wasn't even one player that got all the points tonight. It was very balanced, but that third period was unreal. Quite a wakeup call considering how things have gone lately. I'm very impressed that the boys answered the bell tonight to show people that we're not dead.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM

I guess we'll just have to see how it shakes down.

AAAScout
01-08-2012, 07:56 AM
I am not sure if either Clouston in this league will be employed in this league next year. absolutely hate mongering ego maniacs don't go over very well with kids these days, and we must remember, they are still just that "kids" and the "mike keenan" "scotty bowman" style of coaching at this level quite simply doesn't work anymore.

lostsheep
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Did not see last nights tilt but WOW, what a score! I don't mean to troll or upset any other fans. But at the last game in toon town DD looked to not be his normal self. How are things going form him there? I thought he would put up some big numbers, and get some attention in Brandon? Just curious.

jayson
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
in my opinion DD Is good the only thing i notice is he doesnt like to pass very much

The Wheatiemaniac
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Now that the top 6 is back together in tact, I think DD and co. will get things going again. Honestly, we were doing very well all around. Then around the time Melnychuk came back, things slowly started to go south. I really think if we moved him for a depth OA forward with some scoring punch we would be far better off.

Ciarelli should be on the fourth line if he stays, he's never been a scorer and a 2nd line center should be somewhat of a sniper, or playmaker. Ciarelli, Favreaux, and Meilleur would be a great shutdown unit. Daniel Asham should be developing on a scoring line, not sitting on the 4th line hoping for the odd shift. Conroy is in the same boat. Those two should be together always. They are starting to find a good chemistry together.

And I will say it right now. We may be sorry we let go of Carter Proft. He's the second player in 2 years we'll regret trading. Anyone know how Ty Rimmer's doing this year? Just look for the top GAA in the league this year.

WHLFANMAN
01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Now that the top 6 is back together in tact, I think DD and co. will get things going again. Honestly, we were doing very well all around. Then around the time Melnychuk came back, things slowly started to go south. I really think if we moved him for a depth OA forward with some scoring punch we would be far better off.

Ciarelli should be on the fourth line if he stays, he's never been a scorer and a 2nd line center should be somewhat of a sniper, or playmaker. Ciarelli, Favreaux, and Meilleur would be a great shutdown unit. Daniel Asham should be developing on a scoring line, not sitting on the 4th line hoping for the odd shift. Conroy is in the same boat. Those two should be together always. They are starting to find a good chemistry together.

And I will say it right now. We may be sorry we let go of Carter Proft. He's the second player in 2 years we'll regret trading. Anyone know how Ty Rimmer's doing this year? Just look for the top GAA in the league this year.

I would have to agree with most said, for what it's worth. Melnychuck isn't entirely resposible, but watching last nights game on the web the rooky Nikkel looked solid and as we know hasn't played D for ever! It's time to develope the rookie! :cool: Out with the old in with the new. Goal tending is the question.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I would have to agree with most said, for what it's worth. Melnychuck isn't entirely resposible, but watching last nights game on the web the rooky Nikkel looked solid and as we know hasn't played D for ever! It's time to develope the rookie! :cool: Out with the old in with the new. Goal tending is the question.

Kent Simpson will play likely his last game with Everett tonight. If KM is seriously pursuing him I would guess he will try to pick him up tomorrow. I will be watching Lubers lounge all day for the next 2 days. I also hope he can pick up a scoring center. Those 2 changes would improve our fortunes greatly.

chalk_one_up
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Kent Simpson will play likely his last game with Everett tonight. If KM is seriously pursuing him I would guess he will try to pick him up tomorrow. I will be watching Lubers lounge all day for the next 2 days. I also hope he can pick up a scoring center. Those 2 changes would improve our fortunes greatly.

You just going to click refresh 26,000 times? That should do it. Oh, and some advice, you might want to take off work to accomplish this. It is indeed important :rolleyes:

mjw22
01-08-2012, 03:56 PM
You just going to click refresh 26,000 times? That should do it. Oh, and some advice, you might want to take off work to accomplish this. It is indeed important :rolleyes:

Looking at the board I think maniac has moved to the US div. :D

The Wheatiemaniac
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM

I will just wear out my Blackberry. Most likely if we get a center, it won't be the big name guys whose names have flown about. It would be nice, but maybe Kelly is eyeing up next year for the big push.

dubfanman
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Nikkel is a stud and a giant piece of the Wheatie team for the next three seasons. He's solid defensively, meaner than a junkyard dog and has considerable offensive upside, the type of player you can build a franchise around. Lorne Molleken still reaches for a bottle of antidepressants whenever he thinks of the deal he made this time last year! :p

The Wheatiemaniac
01-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Looking at the board I think maniac has moved to the US div. :D

Those are from awhile ago.....but no one ever goes on there. At least someone is using them.