PDA

View Full Version : Kuvaev to play against Kamloops

dondo
12-27-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.whl.ca/article/alexander-kuvaev-joins-giants

Alexander Kuvaev has joined the Giants and will play his first game versus Kamloops tonight

CdnSailor
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Now only if they can spell his name correctly.

Alexander Kuvayev

dondo
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
There is no "y" it is Kuvaev ... pronounced Kuv-eye-ev

CdnSailor
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Weird. If you look him up on all the different stats including him playing for Lethbridge, Russia U17, Russia U18 last season as well as the Dynamo this season, they all have a Y in his name

http://www.eurohockey.com/player/495245-alexander-kuvayev.html

dondo
12-27-2011, 09:45 PM
odd one of them is wrong .. or he changed the spelling

He is Kuvaev in the box score, on WHL roster and I am watching whl live as I am out of town and it appeared that it was spelled Kuvaev on his jersey, but I didn't get enough of a look at it to determine a lack of "y"

He's wearing # 21 if anyone here is interested

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
So now Vancouver has 3 imports. You can say what you want about David Musil being Canadian. If he's so Canadian, what's he doing suiting up for the Czechs at WJHC. Heck the facts on how he ended up with Vancouver in the first place smells of corruption. We all get it. Vancouver makes up their own rules and no one says anything at all. Because they can't. From this all the way down to banning the Tigers mascot for the Mem Cup Final in '07. Paint it with any excuse you want. You have 3 imports. Period. Not that this new kid is gonna be some gamebreaker. But it just further proves my point.

dondo
12-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Funny, but our franchise did the research and found out he qualified as a Canadian, growing up here. His Dad is Frantiscek Musil who played for the Flames among other NHL teams.

Musil plays for the Czechs cause he qualifies through his Dad and is a dual citizen and I believe he played a bit in the Czech Republic

Then after all of that we were punished for doing good research by giving up a first round bantam pick to the team that "won" the lottery So take your sour grapes elsewhere, and grow a pair.

The league had no business interfering with a team that actually did the research ANY other team in the WHL could have done BUT DIDN'T. The league over-stepped their bounds making that decision because teams too lazy to figure it out WHINED and WHINED-- just like you are whining right now oh boo hoo hoo -- As result we ended up paying a price we should never have had to pay.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Funny, but our franchise did the research and found out he qualified as a Canadian, growing up here. His Dad is Frantiscek Musil who played for the Flames among other NHL teams.

Musil plays for the Czechs cause he qualifies through his Dad and is a dual citizen and I believe he played a bit in the Czech Republic

Then after all of that we were punished for doing good research by giving up a first round bantam pick to the team that "won" the lottery So take your sour grapes elsewhere, and grow a pair.

The league had no business interfering with a team that actually did the research ANY other team in the WHL could have done BUT DIDN'T. The league over-stepped their bounds making that decision because teams too lazy to figure it out WHINED and WHINED-- just like you are whining right now oh boo hoo hoo -- As result we ended up paying a price we should never have had to pay.

It is what it is. The league gave a pampered player what he wanted after him and his daddy kicked their feet til they got their own way. That's whining at it's best. They gave away the draft pick to smoke screen a backroom deal. Just like when your boy picked a fight with Michael Ferland and got put to sleep with one punch. Then the end of the game, 2 Giants players jump him and start punching him but only one of your guys gets a penalty and a suspension. Yet Ferland gets a 3 game suspension for defending himself. That's the way it happened. It's easy to accuse people of whining when you're the ones getting away with stuff. Call it what you want.

Hockey with heart??? More like Hockey with Privelege.

dondo
12-28-2011, 01:27 AM
wow I thought I could be biased at times, but you bring self-deluded imagination to whole other level. It had only to do with doing the leg-work and the research and unless you were in one of those back-rooms of whihc you speak then you should kindly shut up.

As far as Ferland was concerned he was challenged because he was taking cheap shots most of that game and the players finally had enough. He won that fight for sure, no argument, but to even suggest he wasn't responsible for the final battle is self-delusion to the extreme. Why don't you go back to your own board if you are going to make up events and deals out of your own wishful fantasies.

Okay then - I'll call it: you being self-deluded and ill-informed. Verging on pointless trolling.

MeszarosFan
12-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Not that this new kid is gonna be some gamebreaker.

Not at all. One goal and the shoot-out winner as well, in his first game. Nope, he's not going to be a game changer at all.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Not at all. One goal and the shoot-out winner as well, in his first game. Nope, he's not going to be a game changer at all.

I remember the year Radek Sip debuted for Lethbridge and got 4 goals in his first game. He got 2 or 3 the rest of the season. I wouldn't plan your parade route just yet.

Priceisright
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
So now Vancouver has 3 imports. You can say what you want about David Musil being Canadian. If he's so Canadian, what's he doing suiting up for the Czechs at WJHC. Heck the facts on how he ended up with Vancouver in the first place smells of corruption. We all get it. Vancouver makes up their own rules and no one says anything at all. Because they can't. From this all the way down to banning the Tigers mascot for the Mem Cup Final in '07. Paint it with any excuse you want. You have 3 imports. Period. Not that this new kid is gonna be some gamebreaker. But it just further proves my point.

Last year or year before that he potted 15 in 25 games I believe at the beginning of the season then tailed off. He has the potential score obviously.

Johnnydrum
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Hiya Giants fans!
Just saw that you did get Alexander Kuvaev over afterall.
I tuned into a lot of Hurricanes games last year via the internet, and thought he was great---and was quite perplexed that Lethbridge went sour on him.
Would love to hear how he fares...I am especially intrigued at the thought of him and the other big Euro Tvrdon being a real handfull.
Please do, let me know what you think.

Priceisright
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
I thought he was pretty good in the limited time he played. He certainly is pretty big. I saw a few players bounce off him. And he seems to play with a chip on his shoulder/attitude. Not sure whether that gets the best of him or if it's a good thing.

I think I'll reserve judgment after 8-10 games :)

Seems like a good pick up though.

Johnnydrum
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you for that.
I really enjoyed tuning into his games last year--and felt he was treated poorly in Lethbridge (although as I can only listen from afar-im in the UK--maybe I am talking out of my hat--but as the Hurricanes struggled, he seemed to get less and less ice time, when he seemed to be the only sniper.

I am dlighted he is back in N/A.

So the book on him is that he has no "turbo"/ extra gear in his skating--did you notice that?
What about his shot?
I realise many Euro`s dont enjoy the "D" aspects so I wont go there..(lol)..but did you like what you saw?
How does he compare with perhaps my favourite WHL player, Marek Tvrdon|?
Does Tvrdon have speed?
What would you say his (Tvrdons) key qualities are?

Thank you so much in advance.
Jd

dondo
01-06-2012, 09:04 PM
actually I liked his speed and physical play. He got rocked in the Hitmen game and ended up with a full cage by the end. I'm not sure if he lost some teeth or injured his jaw, but he was definitely contributing and did not seem to be shy of going to the hard areas of the ice in my observation.

He's also 18, so maybe the 'cane were expecting more from a 17 yr old than was fair, esp considering he was adjusting to living and playing in Canada at the time. I don't see him as selfish player either as he looked to be good teammate playing with Henry and Martinook

Johnnydrum
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys for the info.
It was a strange case for him in Lethbridge last year, and then they made way for Juraj Bazuch...who has just 4 goals?!
Last nights game sounded crazy--what a goal fest. Good to hear Tvrdon got off the "Snide"--also some spearing too...blimey

Lucic
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks guys for the info.
It was a strange case for him in Lethbridge last year, and then they made way for Juraj Bazuch...who has just 4 goals?!
Last nights game sounded crazy--what a goal fest. Good to hear Tvrdon got off the "Snide"--also some spearing too...blimey

It was more like an attempted spear. Either way Leipsic deserved it for the way he was running around out there and not willing to back it up. Never mind the hit which injured Gallagher last season. :burningmad:

dondo
01-09-2012, 12:57 AM
yeah a double-minor for "that spear?" ? it was no more than a tap, after he almost had his legs taken out from under him. Good to see neither Tvrdon nor Kuvaev just "willing to take it" though, bodes well for games down the line.

Priceisright
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Giants traded james Henry :( perhaps he had asked to be moved? He was here his whole Jr career. I guess Bonner doesn't think Gmen are capable of much of a run in the play offs. Sad to see him go.