PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Boes

The Wheatiemaniac
12-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I have heard all the rumours about how Corbin Boes broke his hand punching a dressing room wall after getting pulled in Edmonton. I have also heard the stories of revolt against the coaches, locker room turmoil blah, blah, blah........

What I can see clearly here is that if he did punch a wall(costly as it was) it impresses me to see guys showing some signs of passion. It shows that he actually cares. Last year, nobody gave him a hope to make it past the intrasquad game. As Wheat King fans, we have a history of picking holes in our goalies, and assuming it's only gonna get worse. Corbin Boes didn't have a good start this year, he had an amazing start to this season. Everyone said "hey, not bad". At the first sign of a slump, everyone screamed out "get rid of him"!!!

For once, can we not assume the worst? There are rumours that we might be dealing for a top line goalie, but I'd like to see Boes stick around. He deserves a shot to right his ship. His job would be a whole lot easier if the 5 guys in front of him would more consistently remember to do theirs. If they don't, it won't matter who's in net.

Rye
12-27-2011, 11:19 PM
To clear it up ... it was a door, no revolt from anyone and it is his blocker hand. Passionate? Yes. The kid hates to lose and everyone has to battle adversity sometimes ... whatever happens happens, he'll be playing again in at least a month and then we'll see if he'll be able to take the reigns again or if he'll have to work for a while before. Depends on how the other goalies are playing I guess.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
I have always liked his compete level. But I am quite curious what Curtis Honey brings to the table. If any goalie is moved I think it should be Anderson. Simply on the premise of little or no sentimental attachment.

Boes has heart. I just hope he's learned to channel energy a little wiser. There was talk he might be on some peoples radar for the NHL draft this summer and this will not help. I am hopeful he's still gonna be part of the plans moving forward.

dubfanman
12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
To clear it up ... it was a door, no revolt from anyone and it is his blocker hand. Passionate? Yes. The kid hates to lose and everyone has to battle adversity sometimes ... whatever happens happens, he'll be playing again in at least a month and then we'll see if he'll be able to take the reigns again or if he'll have to work for a while before. Depends on how the other goalies are playing I guess.

To confirm ... yes it was the door. To refute (partially) ... there isn't a player on this team that doesn't hate CC, which is not a good thing.
IMO they will not shop for a goalie but will wait for Boes to heal. I can see this team likely staying with what they got.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
To confirm ... yes it was the door. To refute (partially) ... there isn't a player on this team that doesn't hate CC, which is not a good thing.
IMO they will not shop for a goalie but will wait for Boes to heal. I can see this team likely staying with what they got.

An overage upgrade, whether it be Ciarelli or Melnychuk, I can see happening. We need a more offensive 2nd line center. And I would love to see Brandon flip flop OA's with Everett for Jordan Caron. He's a big physical D man. But you may be right. If a good deal doesn't present itself, KM will not make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

BTW.....what sources say they all hate Clouston? In my playing days, we had a code "What happens in the room, stays in the room".

Joe Hallenback
12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I think the Clouston talk is nonsense. I know 1 player pretty well and they really like Clouston because he has a "NHL" mentallity

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I think the Clouston talk is nonsense. I know 1 player pretty well and they really like Clouston because he has a "NHL" mentallity

We lose a game or two, and suddenly everybody hates the coach. If that was the case, they'd all be asking for a trade.

You know us Wheatie fans......we lead the league in rumours.

WHLFANMAN
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
A mentality the NHL Canned. LOL :clown:

WHLFANMAN
12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
We lose a game or two, and suddenly everybody hates the coach. If that was the case, they'd all be asking for a trade.

You know us Wheatie fans......we lead the league in rumours.

How do you know some haven't!?:rolleyes:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
A mentality the NHL Canned. LOL :clown:

got fired twice in the NHL.....what's your point?

WHLFANMAN
12-28-2011, 11:37 PM
got fired twice in the NHL.....what's your point?

haha I get your drift! :p It will all come out in the wash!:D

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
How do you know some haven't!?:rolleyes:

If you have a list, by all means share. Make sure to leave a forwarding address so the players you list can confirm things with you and your sources. This applies to anyone who likes to believe they know something no one else does.

WHLFANMAN
12-28-2011, 11:58 PM
If you have a list, by all means share. Make sure to leave a forwarding address so the players you list can confirm things with you and your sources. This applies to anyone who likes to believe they know something no one else does.

Just assumed when you implied no one asked for trades you had the list. Any way pointless banter were both WK's!

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Just assumed when you implied no one asked for trades you had the list. Any way pointless banter were both WK's!

we lead the league in rumours. If a trade demand had been made, a name would have surfaced, somehow.