View Full Version : Spokane/Raiders Trade

Western Elite
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Bardaro/Lee-Knight

For

Fiddler/Williams

Wildeyes
12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Prince Albert SK – The Prince Albert Raiders announced that have acquired 19-year-old centre Anthony Bardaro, 18-year-old goaltender Luke Lee-Knight and a 5th round draft pick in the 2012 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft from the Spokane Chiefs. In exchange, the Raiders have traded 18-year-old goaltender Eric Williams and 18-year-old forward Todd Fiddler to Spokane.

Bardaro currently leads the Chiefs in scoring, with 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points in 29 games played. Now in his 3rd full season in the WHL, the Delta, BC product has recorded 47 goals and 49 assists as well as 57 penalty minutes in 162 games played. He has also appeared in 30 playoff games, scoring 2 goals and adding 5 assists in post-season play.

Lee-Knight has posted a 2.91 GAA and .868 save percentage with a 2-0-1-1 record in 9 contests this season. The Calgary, AB native returns to the Raiders after being traded to the Chiefs on September 15th in exchange for defenseman Tyler Vanscourt.

Anthony Bardaro

Height: 5’10” Weight: 180 lbs Shoots: Right

Date of Birth: 1992-09-18 Hometown: Delta, BC

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM

2011-12 Regular Season Spokane Chiefs 29 18 19 37 3 17

2010-11 Regular Season Spokane Chiefs 63 24 22 46 14 30

2009-10 Regular Season Spokane Chiefs 63 5 6 11 4 10

2008-09 Regular Season Spokane Chiefs 7 0 2 2 -1 0

Total: 162 47 49 96 20 57

Luke Lee-Knight

Height: 6’2” Weight: 185 lbs Catches: Right

Date of Birth: 1993-04-04 Hometown: Calgary, AB

Season GP GA Mins Saves GAA SV% W L OTL SOL SO

2011-12 Regular Season 9 19 392 125 2.91 0.868 2 0 1 1 0

Total: 9 19 392 125 2.91 0.868 2 0 1 1 0

“We are extremely pleased to add Anthony to our line-up. He is a skilled offensive player that will be a big part of our team this year, as well as next season as a 20-year-old. We are happy to bring Luke back and believe he will compliment Cole Holowenko nicely,” said Raiders General Manager Bruno Campese. “Our organization would like to thank Eric and Todd for their contributions to our club over the past 2 seasons and wish them all the best in Spokane.”

Sabes
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow. We get their leading scorer and a goalie we are familiar with for 2 struggling players. Also get a 5th round pick. Bardaro will be a good 20 for us next year.

lordstanley
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Wow. We get their leading scorer and a goalie we are familiar with for 2 struggling players. Also get a 5th round pick. Bardaro will be a good 20 for us next year.

Well i was wrong the Raiders are going for it

Sttop
12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
going for it ? they didnt give up anything for players that will be here next year.

lordstanley
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
going for it ? they didnt give up anything for players that will be here next year.

That's what im saying you guys won this deal in a cake walk you add Bardaro to me it means you wanna push for the playoffs and he will be back next season

Sttop
12-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh sorry I took it as you thought we were selling off future for now.I look at it as taking someones charity.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Umm.....can we still have Mark McNeill? Or are the Raiders that confident they can turn the corner and make a real run at this?

Steelerfan
12-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh sorry I took it as you thought we were selling off future for now.I look at it as taking someones charity.

I wouldn't be so sure that PA is taking someones charity. I've watched Bardaro play for two years now and yes he is an offensively gifted player, but his commitment to the defensive part of the game lacks at times. Speltz and the Chiefs organization don't put up with that for long. I don't know much about Fiddler but he must be a good defensive player with what sounds like some offensive upside (with a change of scenery). Williams is a fairly significant upgrade from Lee-Knight.

Toswammi
12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I like Williams, would take him in SC

Wildeyes
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I dont think that McNeill is going anywhere.

Sabes
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Fiddler is the opposite of a defensive player. He is offensive with minimal work ethic and not much skating ability.

puckdad
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree with Sabes. Fiddler is one of the least defensively responsible forwards we have had here. He led the SMAAAHL in scoring while playing in Beardys and never had to come back in his own end. He has never embraced the necessity of playing defense in this league, and his lack of work ethic has limited his scoring success this year. Started the year playing on the top line, PP, lots of ice, but worked his way down the line-up. Raiders had high hopes for him this year, but they didn't pan out. Maybe a change in scenery will light a fire under him.
Maybe he'll get to know Eric in Spokane, since I'm sure they never saw each other on the ice in the Raider's defensive zone.

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Everyone has a price.....but a guy can dream can't he?

puckdad
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Can't see Raiders trading McNeill. He's been promoted as the face of the Raiders in the community, co-captain, and he's Campese's 1st draft pick. I think that they feel there's a good chance he'll be back next year, and I think he needs another year in Junior to continue his development, hopefully on a much better PA team. As long as he's in the dub, Mark will be a Raider.

lordstanley
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Can't see Raiders trading McNeill. He's been promoted as the face of the Raiders in the community, co-captain, and he's Campese's 1st draft pick. I think that they feel there's a good chance he'll be back next year, and I think he needs another year in Junior to continue his development, hopefully on a much better PA team. As long as he's in the dub, Mark will be a Raider.

I doubt McNeil gets traded but you may see guys like Maylan and Herrod dealt

dubfanman
12-28-2011, 07:32 PM

He's not!

dubfanman
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I doubt McNeil gets traded but you may see guys like Maylan and Herrod dealt

agreed

puckdad
12-28-2011, 08:09 PM
More likely to see a 19-year old d-man moved. We currently have 3 '92s. Will any be quality 20 year-olds for next year? Maybe as part of a package with a forward or prospect for a younger (17 or 18) d-man.

patsdude114
12-28-2011, 09:15 PM
McNiell is going no where why would they trade away an 18yr old 1st round pick who WILL be back next year to lead the Raiders. You just dont trade those kind of guys when they are 18yrs old & are expected back as a 19yr old. If the Raiders struggle out of the gates & are in the same position next year as they are now of course you trade him then but not this year. Wheat Kings fans sure must smoke some good stuff out there (at least a few of them on this forum)

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
McNiell is going no where why would they trade away an 18yr old 1st round pick who WILL be back next year to lead the Raiders. You just dont trade those kind of guys when they are 18yrs old & are expected back as a 19yr old. If the Raiders struggle out of the gates & are in the same position next year as they are now of course you trade him then but not this year. Wheat Kings fans sure must smoke some good stuff out there (at least a few of them on this forum)

The fact is that this rumour has popped up more than a few times, and it doesn't seem to wanna go away. At 18, yes, he would be extremely expensive. But with the Raiders going out and getting another scoring center makes you wonder. They unloaded Vanscourt. Maybe Bandero(I think thats who they got from Spokane) is brought in to bridge the gap if a deal is being entertained. When the deadline hits, everybody's got a price. It's simply a matter of who is willing to meet it. PA is tied with Lethbridge for last place in the conference. No smoking about it.

Besides.....I don't even like smoked turkey.

Dwight Schrute
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
im just curious as to why spokane would want to unload their leading scorer. on paper deal looks good for pa if knight can prove to be a good goalie. didnt look like he got much playing time in spokane.

should make things interesting

patsdude114
12-28-2011, 11:25 PM
spokane still has offense have 4 guys with 10 or more goals & there hoping that Fiddler can refind his scoring touch from last year& if he doesnt oh well they got a good young player for the next few yrs its a good deal for SPO & could very well win this deal in the next yr or so short term the Raiders win tho

Wapitikev
12-29-2011, 05:22 AM
im just curious as to why spokane would want to unload their leading scorer. on paper deal looks good for pa if knight can prove to be a good goalie. didnt look like he got much playing time in spokane.

should make things interesting

The Spokane press release suggests that the Chiefs were interested in upgrading their goal tending...apparently they were VERY interested.

Guess the question of who is the starting goalie in PA can be put to rest.

Way to sell-high, Mr. Campese!

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
12-29-2011, 05:32 AM
That's what im saying you guys won this deal in a cake walk you add Bardaro to me it means you wanna push for the playoffs and he will be back next season

It is still too early to tell whether we will be sellers or will stand pat at the trade deadline (.8333 in the last 9 games).

Either way, Bardaro (assuming there is no significant baggage) is gravy for the top 2 lines, with (hopefully), or without McNeil after the trade deadline.

Looking forward to Thursday's game VS Saskatoon. Makarov (WJ) is missing for them, Morrissey is missing for us (WU17).

Should be a good tilt.

Will be interesting to see where Bardaro fits.

...and only 22 more wins to go, LS.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
12-29-2011, 06:24 AM
...PA is tied with Lethbridge for last place in the conference.

True, but the 8th spot is currently held by Calgary (with 37)...they have a .350 record since December 1st (10 games).

On the other hand, 4 games (8 points) back, are the Raiders who have a .833 record since December 1st (9 games).

Each team has 5 games left before the trade deadline.

If each team continues their pace until Jan 21, PA will be ahead of Calgary in the standings.

Unfortunately the trade deadline is approx 10 days before that.

Yikes!

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
12-29-2011, 10:07 AM
It is still too early to tell whether we will be sellers or will stand pat at the trade deadline (.8333 in the last 9 games).

Either way, Bardaro (assuming there is no significant baggage) is gravy for the top 2 lines, with (hopefully), or without McNeil after the trade deadline.

Looking forward to Thursday's game VS Saskatoon. Makarov (WJ) is missing for them, Morrissey is missing for us (WU17).

Should be a good tilt.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Well if you guys don't sweep us in these 2 games without our leading scorer and russian goaltender there is something wrong

if we start adam todd again it will be a easy 2 points for you guys, he started vs Edmonton we outplayed them put up 45 shots and lost only because todd couldn't stop a beach ball and was the worst i have seen in the last 10 years or so, and as for our other goalie he has never made a whl start in his career

Blades are 3-0 vs you guys this season my guess is after these 2 games it could very well be 3-2 i will still hold out a glimmer of hope though

The Wheatiemaniac
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Well if you guys don't sweep us in these 2 games without our leading scorer and russian goaltender there is something wrong

if we start adam todd again it will be a easy 2 points for you guys, he started vs Edmonton we outplayed them put up 45 shots and lost only because todd couldn't stop a beach ball and was the worst i have seen in the last 10 years or so, and as for our other goalie he has never made a whl start in his career

Blades are 3-0 vs you guys this season my guess is after these 2 games it could very well be 3-2 i will still hold out a glimmer of hope though

They all end eventually. We, on the other hand, have our own mountains to climb. Nobody's done trading til Jan. 10. Then we'll see who made the right choices.

lordstanley
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Should be a good tilt.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

I will make it easy for you 21 more to go lol the real test may come vs teams like MJ Koot EDM MH Bra

Wapitikev
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I will make it easy for you 21 more to go lol the real test may come vs teams like MJ Koot EDM MH Bra

Looking forward to Brandon next Friday AND Saturday...with Stone back, any points we take away from those games will be all the sweeter.

MJ - beat em 4-1 on Dec 4th.

Koot - beat 7-5 Dec 2nd.

Edm - we win as much against them as anyone else does...including Saskatoon...only team in the conference hotter than us.

MH - our win-streak started the game after we played them...so really looking forward to meeting them again, in the Hat, on Jan 25th.

Bring em on!

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I seriously doubt Stone is back for Brandon in those games, possibly the Saturday game, unless they lose and don't play in the final, then perhaps he would be here to play friday. Either way a very tough need to win 3 of 4 against Regina and Brandon. A couple great trades by Bruno over the Christmas break for sure!!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I seriously doubt Stone is back for Brandon in those games, possibly the Saturday game, unless they lose and don't play in the final, then perhaps he would be here to play friday. Either way a very tough need to win 3 of 4 against Regina and Brandon. A couple great trades by Bruno over the Christmas break for sure!!

given guys a short break to catch their breath after the World Juniors. But yes he will probably be back for Saturday. We will undoubtedly have Bertaggia back for both ends of the double header. That will help a great deal.

You guys have been shaking things up. As much as I'm following our goings on, I'm curious what Bruno plans to do next.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Looking forward to Brandon next Friday AND Saturday...with Stone back, any points we take away from those games will be all the sweeter.

MJ - beat em 4-1 on Dec 4th.

Koot - beat 7-5 Dec 2nd.

Edm - we win as much against them as anyone else does...including Saskatoon...only team in the conference hotter than us.

MH - our win-streak started the game after we played them...so really looking forward to meeting them again, in the Hat, on Jan 25th.

Bring em on!

-Wapitikev

Win a couple games and you think all your problems are fixed there's a reason your team sits where they do . As for your wins against the top teams well even a blind squirrel finds his nuts once in awhile . :D Dec 4 score was 3-1 for the amount you win thought you would know that . Out of the play offs but Bruno is making some trades to change that trend I don't think he's done yet .

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Win a couple games and you think all your problems are fixed there's a reason your team sits where they do . As for your wins against the top teams well even a blind squirrel finds his nuts once in awhile . :D Dec 4 score was 3-1 for the amount you win thought you would know that . Out of the play offs but Bruno is making some trades to change that trend I don't think he's done yet .

Yes. You are absolutely right. Our team sits where they are for a reason: We lost more games than we've won, so far, this year.

Too bad the year's not over yet.

As for nuts, we found yours and removed them, last time we played. Personally I'd rather be blind than gelded.

I apologize for getting the score wrong...we had so many wins in December, those early ones all blur together.

I hope, for your sake, that the Raiders do not make the playoffs...it would be awfully embarrassing if we make the playoffs by getting points in our final 2-games of the season...which just happen to be against Moose Jaw.

...:eek:then we might meet in the playoffs...

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes. You are absolutely right. Our team sits where they are for a reason: We lost more games than we've won, so far, this year.

As for nuts, we found yours and removed them, last time we played. Personally I'd rather be blind than gelded.

I apologize for getting the score wrong...we had so many wins in December, those early ones all blur together.

I hope, for your sake, that the Raiders do not make the playoffs...it would be awfully embarrassing if we make the playoffs by getting points in our final 2-games of the season...which just happen to be against Moose Jaw.

-Wapitikev

HOPES A GOOD THING WHEN THATS ALL YOU HAVE :groovy:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM

-Wapitikev

we were dead and buried in mid January last year. We went on a tear and finished 6th in the conference. And it all started with a simple trade. We swapped and OA D man for an OA center.

Giveer' guns......some other teams fans are just getting nervous, because they will soon be hearing footsteps.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Giveer' guns......some other teams fans are just getting nervous, because they will soon be hearing footsteps.

Ya real worried about PA & WK :D:D:D:D:D WK are hearing footsteps as Pats go by Blades go by :groovy: SC next ?

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
HOPES A GOOD THING WHEN THATS ALL YOU HAVE :groovy:

Another gracious winner (or is it whiner?).

-Wapitikev

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM

-Wapitikev

and next year they'll be back in the basement where they came from.

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
You know...I was trying to find the last time Moose Jaw won a mem cup...turns out they never have.

Huh.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 07:54 PM

-Wapitikev
Now I'm defending myself against a postaholic and a guy who clings to 1985 like a drowning rat .:bowdown: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D hilarious

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
We haven't won anything yet . Well you sound like a pretty cocky 11th place guy . Could've called ya a loser but didn't . :)

Don't hold back, MJ22...be as obnoxious as you wanna be.

I'd expect nothing less from a MJ fan of your calibre.:)

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't hold back, MJ22...be as obnoxious as you wanna be.

I'd expect nothing less from a MJ fan of your calibre.:)

-Wapitikev

just stating the obvious :)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
You know...I was trying to find the last time Moose Jaw won a mem cup...turns out they never have.

Huh.

-Wapitikev

They do like to smoke screen it by telling everyone else what they think they can't do.

They will get dumped in the first round again like always.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
They do like to smoke screen it by telling everyone else what they think they can't do.

you're a funny guy seriously ? :groovy:

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM

If not by the Raiders, then by the Wheaties.

4-straight, probably.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

booboo
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
You better phone your Mom---you need a hug and a :clap:kick in the A**

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:13 PM
If not by the Raiders, then by the Wheaties.

4-straight, probably.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

If wishes were horses beggers would ride :D

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Oooh. Platitudes!

Sad, MJ22.

May the Warriors finally win the Mem-cup this year so you can quit riding your wishes.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
The we have a mem cup arguement is pretty gay if you ask me people who say that wearn't even there to see it nor were fans i bet

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM
The Wheaties have never won a cup either does that make the Raiders better ? lo give your head a shake wapitkev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM
The we have a mem cup arguement is pretty gay if you ask me people who say that wearn't even there to see it nor were fans i bet

They cling to the past glory like a drowning man to a life raft :groovy: when your future is dim your past shines brighter

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
They cling to the past glory like a drowning man to a life raft :groovy:

All i have to say to them is if iff's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:23 PM

True, PA's cup was a loooong time ago.

I had trouble making it to the weeknight games, seeing that i was in high school.

Guess that makes me not a fan.

How old were you when Saskatoon won theirs?

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:25 PM
May the Warriors finally win the Mem-cup this year so you can quit riding your wishes.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

We don't wish for a mem cup we expect it that's why we boo everyone including the zamboni driver when they screw up . :D

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
True, PA's cup was a loooong time ago.

I had trouble making it to the weeknight games, seeing that i was in high school.

Guess that makes me not a fan.

How old were you when Saskatoon won theirs?

-Wapitikev

cling on 20 26 years ago i guess it doesn't matter that you can suck every year from then on lol

Brandon has never won a cup but has way more respect aroudn the league than the raiders

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
The Wheaties have never won a cup either does that make the Raiders better ? lo give your head a shake wapitkev

True but they've been more often that PA or Saskatoon.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:27 PM
All i have to say to them is if iff's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas

More platitudes.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
They cling to the past glory like a drowning man to a life raft :groovy: when your future is dim your past shines brighter

More platitudes.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:29 PM
More platitudes.

-Wapitikev

dude just stick with the count down how many more wins you figure it will take to make the playoffs

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:29 PM
We don't wish for a mem cup we expect it that's why we boo everyone including the zamboni driver when they screw up . :D

I liked that one.

...more original.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
It is true Warrior fans would boo Santa Claus

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
cling on 20 26 years ago i guess it doesn't matter that you can suck every year from then on lol

Which is how much better than sucking every year without winning one?

Brandon has never won a cup but has way more respect around the league than the raiders

I don't disagree...they never had Clark as a GM either. Another smart decision.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
dude just stick with the count down how many more wins you figure it will take to make the playoffs

I like your number of 21. :)

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 08:34 PM

-Wapitikev

21 it is you better hope you get that black jack :D

mjw22
More platitudes.

-Wapitikev

Don't like to kick a man or his 11th place team when they're down . :)

Wapitikev

-Wapitikev

Especially if 20 and 21 come against Moose Jaw at the end of the season.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Don't like to kick a man or his 11th place team when they're down . :)

Or that dead-horse that you're riding wishing for your Mem-cup.

Isn't it amazing how these circular arguments can boost a post-count?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
What was the subject of this thread again?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Welcome Mr. McVeigh...may the seas part and the puck find the net on every shot (especially versus Moose Jaw).

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Heh.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Ya we want a cup and nothing but .

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM

if logic was perfume, we couldn't smell you through a hockey net.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Call me have I got a trade for you yeehoo

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Moose Jaw is undeafeated at the Mem Cup. They're also winless there. You guys don't have a future or a bright past of any kind. You've been in one league final and you got swept out that year. We all love our teams equally. But the Blades, Raiders, and Wheat Kings have all been in a Mem Cup Final. So come back and talk when you actually make it to the Mem Cup tournament.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Moose Jaw is undeafeated at the Mem Cup. They're also winless there. You guys don't have a future or a bright past of any kind. You've been in one league final and you got swept out that year. We all love our teams equally. But the Blades, Raiders, and Wheat Kings have all been in a Mem Cup Final. So come back and talk when you actually make it to the Mem Cup tournament.

If you want history we won the first ever whl title but werent allowed to compete for mem cup because chl considered the league at that time to be an outlaw league . PSSST rumor has it Stone wants traded down east so he can play with Huberdeau :)

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
If you want history we won the first ever whl title but werent allowed to compete for mem cup because chl considered the league at that time to be an outlaw league...

True, but that was the Moose Jaw Canucks in '67...and they left the league in '68.

Didn't the Warriors move to Moose Jaw from Winnipeg in '84?

-Wapitikev

mjw22
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
True, but that was the Moose Jaw Canucks in '67...and they left the league in '68.

Didn't the Warriors move to Moose Jaw from Winnipeg in '84?

-Wapitikev

just talking history with the guys that like the past lol What happened yesterday is for history buffs . Canucks played 2 seasons in old WHL . I prefer to look to tomorrows victories not yesterdays defeats.

Sttop
01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Riley Guenther to Raiders for a 5th in 13... a 94 born dman

the voice
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Piece number one...much needed younger d man.