PDA

View Full Version : Pickard Trade Rumours

The Wheatiemaniac
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM
All I've heard through the Christmas break is that Calvin Pickard is being shopped to the Wheat Kings. He is a Manitoba boy, but I'm wondering if there is any validity to this, and is Luke Lockhart possibly part of that discussion?

patsdude114
12-31-2011, 09:52 PM
only playoff teams in the east that need a goalie are Brandon & Red Deer, im sure Pickard &/or Simpson go for alot cheaper then they should go for. Its all about the market unless some team looks to improve there goaltending situation which may already be pretty strong.

It could be a very good thing for Brandon that there isnt much of a market value (meaning more then a handful of teams interested) both guys could go for pretty cheap.

mjw22
01-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Pickards play in the last 4 games could help make KM pay more . GA 1.50 sv% .973 3 W 1 L That might cost ya .

warr2
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
The Warriors don't want to face him again

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
The Warriors don't want to face him again

But I would still say that Simpson from Everett has been far more consistent this season. A.900 save pct. is pretty amazing for being on a last place team. We would be happy with either one.

whlking
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***UPDATE****

Sources(source) has just informed me about deal that is expected to be announced tomorrow. The Wheat Kings have acquired Calvin Pickard. In exchange for Pickard, the Wheat Kings are sending goaltender Curtis Honey,defenceman Dylan Kuczek, forward Tyrel Seaman plus the first and third round picks in the 2012 WHL bantam draft to Seattle. In return, the Wheat Kings have acquired Pickard and a 2nd round pick in the '12 draft.

Also, in other related T-Bird news, Luke Lockhart has been sent to Victoria. Unsure of the return at this time.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***UPDATE****

Sources(source) has just informed me about deal that is expected to be announced tomorrow. The Wheat Kings have acquired Calvin Pickard. In exchange for Pickard, the Wheat Kings are sending goaltender Curtis Honey,defenceman Dylan Kuczek, forward Tyrel Seaman plus the first and third round picks in the 2012 WHL bantam draft to Seattle. In return, the Wheat Kings have acquired Pickard and a 2nd round pick in the '12 draft.

Also, in other related T-Bird news, Luke Lockhart has been sent to Victoria. Unsure of the return at this time.

If your source posting turns out to be B.S. you should probably just stay off here.

CdnSailor
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
If your source posting turns out to be B.S. you should probably just stay off here.

How about removed from here if it is bull. I can say he is right on Honey as he has already been traded and is known.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 06:22 PM
How about removed from here if it is bull. I can say he is right on Honey as he has already been traded and is known.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you say Honey has been traded? To who, for what, and says who?

CdnSailor
01-02-2012, 06:56 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, you say Honey has been traded? To who, for what, and says who?

Oops read it wrong. He was with Bonnyville and has been sent to you.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Careful you could cause maniac a coronary :groovy:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM

We still want Sundher.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Careful you could cause maniac a coronary :groovy:

who just gives everyone a headache.

mjw22
01-02-2012, 08:11 PM
who just gives everyone a headache.

Hey just worried about your health :evil: I hope you get a center a dman and a goalie then we won't have to listen to all the excuses why your team loses .

patsdude114
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey just worried about your health :evil: I hope you get a center a dman and a goalie then we won't have to listen to all the excuses why your team loses .

oh but then he will make up new excuses as the players they did get were the wrong guys then who he wanted...

also i have no clue why the Royals would want Lockhart the Royals are a very weak team & adding a 19yr old for them makes zero sense at all.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
oh but then he will make up new excuses as the players they did get were the wrong guys then who he wanted...

also i have no clue why the Royals would want Lockhart the Royals are a very weak team & adding a 19yr old for them makes zero sense at all.

have been beat to death by the pats and warriors fans who like to babble about how all the other teams stink. Yet in their eyes, their teams can do no wrong. And in the playoffs their teams can't do anything at all.

I hear pats fans saying we back doored our way into the Mem Cup, yet when they hosted, that year, I don't think they even made the playoffs. and the year the warriors were in the Mem Cup, they......oh that's right. They have never made it that far.

So, since we're apparently dead in the water according to you, what's your excuses gonna be when the pats crap the sheets again and miss the playoffs, and the warriors get swept out of the first round?

sbtatter
01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
The first round of the playoffs in the Eastern Conference could be a crapshoot this year with the amount of parity. An 8th or 7th place team that hits a hot streak and gets some goaltending could easily pull off a series win the way it's looking, no matter who the teams are......I think the parity is what's causing the GM's all the issues about whether to buy or sell this year

patsdude114
01-03-2012, 11:06 PM
have been beat to death by the pats and warriors fans who like to babble about how all the other teams stink. Yet in their eyes, their teams can do no wrong. And in the playoffs their teams can't do anything at all.

I hear pats fans saying we back doored our way into the Mem Cup, yet when they hosted, that year, I don't think they even made the playoffs. and the year the warriors were in the Mem Cup, they......oh that's right. They have never made it that far.

So, since we're apparently dead in the water according to you, what's your excuses gonna be when the pats crap the sheets again and miss the playoffs, and the warriors get swept out of the first round?

have i ever said other teams stink? nope i havent, i have even given the Wheat Kings props for being such an offensive team.

As for the WKs taking the back door into the Memorial Cup yep that did happen & the year the Pats hosted the Memorial Cup we took the back door in as well but yes u big time fool we did make the playoffs lost in 6games to the Hitmen (or maybe it was 5 cant remember) & we took the back door in cuz wow look at this.... WE WERENT GOOD ENOUGH EITHER

& that very well may happen..... thats why the games are played... but can only speak for my Pats here as we have exceeded all expectations this year as no 1 was given this team a chance to even make the playoffs let alone be in 5th in the conference. So even if we do happen to miss the playoffs it will suck but in the end our fans cant be too disappointed as alot were predicting us to be 12th or 11th in the conference.

I think its time u get off ur high horse, cuz there is nothing special about the WKs lack of defense... u truely are giving the WKs fans on here a brutal name isnt the trade deadline past yet so u can disappear til next year?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:27 AM
have i ever said other teams stink? nope i havent, i have even given the Wheat Kings props for being such an offensive team.

As for the WKs taking the back door into the Memorial Cup yep that did happen & the year the Pats hosted the Memorial Cup we took the back door in as well but yes u big time fool we did make the playoffs lost in 6games to the Hitmen (or maybe it was 5 cant remember) & we took the back door in cuz wow look at this.... WE WERENT GOOD ENOUGH EITHER

& that very well may happen..... thats why the games are played... but can only speak for my Pats here as we have exceeded all expectations this year as no 1 was given this team a chance to even make the playoffs let alone be in 5th in the conference. So even if we do happen to miss the playoffs it will suck but in the end our fans cant be too disappointed as alot were predicting us to be 12th or 11th in the conference.

I think its time u get off ur high horse, cuz there is nothing special about the WKs lack of defense... u truely are giving the WKs fans on here a brutal name isnt the trade deadline past yet so u can disappear til next year?

did I hurt your feelings? How much kleenex do you need? I know, I know, everybody is stupid except you, right? Blah, blah, blah.......

Geez, don't give yourself a coronary.

Maybe mjw22 can rush over to comfort you. But remember, when you order crap, you best not be afraid to eat it.

patsdude114
01-04-2012, 12:39 AM
did I hurt your feelings? How much kleenex do you need? I know, I know, everybody is stupid except you, right? Blah, blah, blah.......

Geez, don't give yourself a coronary.

Maybe mjw22 can rush over to comfort you. But remember, when you order crap, you best not be afraid to eat it.

haha u truely make me laugh kid u just come on here to be an ass dont u lmao u definately did not hurt my feelings nor will u ever & have i ever said anyone is stupid? besides maybe that u r

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:52 AM
haha u truely make me laugh kid u just come on here to be an ass dont u lmao u definately did not hurt my feelings nor will u ever & have i ever said anyone is stupid? besides maybe that u r

and your pal from MJ, you've had nothing better to do this past week or so than to follow me around this site and crap all over my posts because you don't like my take on things....Here you are all the way over on the Seattle page ragging on me some more.....not that anyone uses their page anyway......my original question on here had nothing to do with you. But yet here you are.

I talk with tons of fans from almost every team and don't get a lick of grief from anyone....except you two. If you don't like my observations too freakin bad......you don't have to like it and I don't have to care. But if you start trashin me, I can take it....and I can dish it out too. And as for your "kid" comment. I've been going to Wheat king games for 4 decades Mr. know it all.

Your the ones giving yourselves a brutal name. If you don't like what I write, go read something else.

mjw22
01-04-2012, 10:47 AM
and your pal from MJ, you've had nothing better to do this past week or so than to follow me around this site and crap all over my posts because you don't like my take on things....Here you are all the way over on the Seattle page ragging on me some more.....not that anyone uses their page anyway......my original question on here had nothing to do with you. But yet here you are.

I talk with tons of fans from almost every team and don't get a lick of grief from anyone....except you two. If you don't like my observations too freakin bad......you don't have to like it and I don't have to care. But if you start trashin me, I can take it....and I can dish it out too. And as for your "kid" comment. I've been going to Wheat king games for 4 decades Mr. know it all.

Your the ones giving yourselves a brutal name. If you don't like what I write, go read something else.

We're not following you YOU"RE just on EVERY site so we can't avoid you :D

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Can't seem to resist either.

bobsaget
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM

hahaha so true